PDA

View Full Version : Episode 362 (AG 086) - A Movie Rides on Bakuda!!

Animelee
16th July 2004, 02:36 AM
*Bakuda = Camerupt
*Satoshi = Ash
*Musashi = Jesse
*Kojirou = James
*Nyarth = Meowth

I'm pretty sure I translated the title wrong... :sweat2:

So Satoshi and his friends are in the middle of Route 120, when they see this amature film maker and his Bakuda stranded on one side of the river. Luckily for him, Satoshi and his friends help him get across, so he can show his new film, about a Plusle and Minun team from space that arrives to Earth to fight the evil giant Armaldo! @_@ When the movie hits its climax, so does the episode, as Team Rocket's Musashi and Kojirou interrupt the movie, as part of an evil scheme of theirs! What's this -- a giant Nyarth on the screen, shooting lasers from his charm, aimed at Plusle and Minun?! And what's this -- Pikachu arrives in the movie, to save the day?! @_@ This is confusing as hell!

It seems like a nice route episode! There have been so many Pokémon gets and Badge gets, that I guess the writers decided they would slow things down a bit, and promote the seventh movie, by making an episode like this. Too bad we didn't get to see the Hollywood producer from Kanto, though. Oh well.

One note: Bangiras/Tyranitar is based on the Godzilla monsters Kamacuras and Anguirus. It'd make more sense for it to be featured in the episode's film, but since it's not a Hoenn Pokémon, and Armaldo is, I can see why it isn't.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th July 2004, 04:08 AM
Oh my.

Is it just me, or is TRs intro based on the Bond opening? (from that shot, anyway)

Kojiro
16th July 2004, 08:58 AM
I thought those were Ledian flying the plane.

Plusle and Minum,again! Geesh! Oh well, at least we have Armaldo.

BTW, I don't think Meowth is really a giant, its part of the movie, note the widescreen!

Also Dogasu said a Clefairy from aManga who talks is suppose to appear!

*Murkrow
16th July 2004, 02:27 PM
Plusle and Minum,again!

I second that¬_¬ Enough with those two.

And amazingly, this is an episode that I think I'll actually watch x_x Which is incredibly freaky, but it's got Armaldo in it, so I'm happy. And am I the only one who thinks that it looks totally adorable in that pic?^_^

But other than Armaldo, I don't see any good reason for me to watch, but oh well.
*Shrugs*

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th July 2004, 06:24 PM
about a Plusle and Minun team from space that arrives to Earth to fight the evil giant Armaldo! @_@
Eh? While Plusle and Minun are clearly featured, it looks like the ones in the jet planes are Pichu (look at the cheek markings). So all the little Pikachu look-alikes get featured in one episode!

What I'm wondering is, is the Armaldo real (in which case how will they explain it?) or just a robot for the movie?

Animelee
16th July 2004, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, they're Pichu! I guess the all the Plusle and Minun hype that's been going around (this episode and the seventh movie) have brainwashed me. @_@

Gaborn
17th July 2004, 02:01 AM
Pichu, I am your evolution.
NO! IT'S NOT TRUE! No, wait, you're right.

The film riding on Camerupt sounded so mysterious when the title was first discovered. This would have been a great oppurtunity to bring back one of the more entertaining characters from the Kanto Region. What we have instead seems great, but probably won't be as funny.

Armaldo looks a lot cooler in the anime than I was expecting. Maybe we will get an episode featuring those other fossil pokemon sometime soon.

(AND MAYBE EVERYBODY WILL CATCH THEM OMGLOLOROFLROXERDOODLE!!!!!!!!1)

You know that somebody would have said it eventually.

Zak
21st July 2004, 09:31 PM
This IS supposed to be the episode with Manga Clefairy.... but we will see, as it airs tomorrow.

~Zak

Kojiro
22nd July 2004, 08:13 AM
Ugh, usually by this time Bulbagarden or Dogasu have already made a summary of it.

The only new thing I have heard about this episode so far is that Brocks sings, "Takeshi's Paradise"

Chris 2.1
23rd July 2004, 05:18 AM
I've heard Kirlia is in this episode. Finally!!!

Kojiro
23rd July 2004, 08:12 AM
Seen pictures of it, and it is not as cool as I expected.

First off, the giant Meowth, Man-fairy, Armaldo, Kirlia, are just in movies. Its basically Ash help a man get a movie to these kids, then Ash,May,Max, and brock have flashbacks watching movies.

Ash-Watches a movie with Man-fairy, which steals bread from a Teddiursa, and Ursaring hits him in the air. On a interesting note, you can see Oak and Deliah, as well as Gary as a kid!

Brock and his family watch a western with Machoke, Snorlax, and Azumarill.

Max watches one with Big Meowth and Big Marstomp, plus the Pichu Jet Fighters.

May watches this one with Xatu in space.

They get the movie to the kids, its a film with Plusle and Minum, and then Armaldo comes. Tr Steals the movie, Ash get it back.

Then the rest of the movie is shown with Pikachu deafeating Armaldo,and save a Kirlia or something.

have a stammer
23rd July 2004, 10:13 AM
Seen pictures of it, and it is not as cool as I expected.

Im not sure what you expected then. The episode was about movies, and I was expecting to see that, and the episode delivered. Not the best episode but it did deliver what it showed in the preview, group would help kid take movies to a village, TR comes they lose, and village watches movie.

First off, the giant Meowth, Man-fairy, Armaldo, Kirlia, are just in movies

Since the episode was about Movies I assumed that the Armaldo, Giant Meowth, Pichu fighter pilots and yes the Clefariy where all in the movies, In fact it showed that the Armaldo, Giant Meowth, and Pichu Fighter pilots where in movies.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd July 2004, 03:20 PM
Summary, as posted by Zhen Lin on Bulbagarden:

Title is difficult to translate. Literal translation: "The movie is riding on Bakuda (Camerupt)"

- The episode starts off with Satoshi holding his feather badge. He is also giggling like he's drunk... (He looks smaller than normal...)
- Haruka asks where he's going. He doesn't know. He asks Takeshi.
- Takeshi says the next Gym is in across the ocean in ??? (Mossdeep City). They'll have to go to the port city of Minamo (Lilycove).
- Satoshi sets course for Minamo City!
- Title!
- Satoshi-tachi hears the voice of a man telling his Bakuda (Camerupt) to cross a river.
- Satoshi-tachi run up to him and ask him what he's trying to do.
- They decide to help him.
- Masato, Takeshi, Satoshi and his Torkoal help push, whereas Haruka and her Bulbasaur and Pikachu help pull the Camerupt.
- The Camerupt has various equipment on it's back...
- They get to the other side with no trouble....
- They introduce themselves on the other side.
- Masato asks what Camerupt is carrying...
- It's a film projector.
- The man (whose name I didn't catch) takes films to various small villages to show in an outdoor cinema of sorts.
- Masato asks what films he's carrying. One of them is "Plusle-to Minun-no Dai Bouken" (Plusle & Minun's Big Adventure). Masato and Haruka are excited by the mention of Plusle and Minun.
- The man asks why they are out here. They say something about travels.
- Team Rocket is watching from a balloon. Do they have a new catchphrase or something? "Pikachu hakken!" (Pikachu sighted)
- Musashi is unhappy about Kojirou's obsession with the "Chinchin" Chirin (Chimecho). And we see Kojirou recall Chimecho into a Pokeball. (Milestone?)
- Meowth sees that the Camerupt is carrying movie and film equipment...
- Sounds like they plan to steal those for the Boss, who apparently loves movies.
- Fantasy time! The Boss is watching (4:3) TV... (embedded in a rock wall...) The screen shows Meowth under the influence the Monster Dancing Ball (Poke Dancing Baton, IIRC)...
- They plan to give the boss a private cinema with that equipment. Oddly, the clip shown on screen is stretched out of proportion with bars at the top and bottom despite a widescreen ... screen.
- Fantasy 2! The Boss will use the Camerupt for hiking trips.... But the Boss doesn't like to hike? So... The Boss will ride on the Camerupt instead!
- Musashi resolves the matter: get the Camerupt first!
- Satoshi-tachi approach a valley. Bridge has collapsed. (Well... it's a rope & plank bridge...)
- Looks like they'll have to cross the river (again?). But this one is a really fast moving river....
- They move forward. And fall into a trap.
- The balloon decends from directly above.
- '"Ittai... Na Nanda!"-to kikaretara...' Musashi imitates the man's exact words and rhythm...
- Satoshi interrupts Meowth... who was doing Kojirou's line? I can't hear.
- Musashi seems particularly excited today...
- A grappling arm decends from the balloon to get the Camerupt.
- Satoshi gets Heigani (Corphish) to use it's claws to cut the grappling arm's cable.
- Team Rocket blasts off today courtesy of Corphish's Bubblebeam.
- Hmm. Different blast off-complaints today... Sőnansu goes "Sou-na-n-su" and they go "Sou ka nya" and even Chimecho is sad...
- Haruka does her documentary thing again... When was the last time she did that?
- They cross the river and start hiking up a mountain...
- She wonders what's that sound... She looks up... "Iwa?" (Rocks?)... It's a landslide!!
- Masato pulls her away!
- Satoshi-tachi are stuck on a narrow path with a roadblock of rocks ahead...
- The man decides to stop for now, and camp.
- The man speaks about what he has done. He reads a letter from some kids he had visited previously, who were watching... Pikapika Hoshizora Camp (Err. Title? Movie 5 short)
- More talking that I don't understand...
- And now, the scene that will probably become famous in shipping-land... Satoshi and his mother and Shigeru and Ookido in a cinema, watching... Pippi (Clefairy) of the Pocket Monsters manga taking some poor Teddiursa's hamburder to eat... The Pippi sounds like it has a deeper voice than even Red... Red's Pikachu sounds like the Pikachu clone from Mewtwo Returns... The Teddiursa cries for Mama... Mama Ursaring punches Clefairy into the sky... Clefairy says "Nya-na kanji" (or whatever it is TR says when they blast off) Satoshi is laughing, and Shigeru is making the "I don't know that guy" face...
- Takeshi has a flashback too. He's watching a western, with his brothers and sisters. Sheriff Snorlax vs. Machamp! And the damsel is an Azumarill! They fight with... a fish Pokemon that is like an eel yet thicker... that shoots water. The Snorlax says... "Gonbi"... sounded like "Gonbe" the first time I heard it, had to go check... Machamp faints, for some reason...
- Masato has his flashback now. (Seems quite recent. They look as old as they are now.) Masato and Haruka and their parents are in a cinema watching... A giant Meowth stomping through a city... With a charm that shoots Hyper Beams (of sorts)... But two fighter jets piloted by Pichu brothers and a Marshstomp (Mudkip's next stage. What it's name?). Meowth shoots down Marshstomp's fighter! But the Marshstomp magically becomes the size of the giant Meowth and engage in combat!
- Haruka's flashback... A parody of Titanic, in space. (Even the soundtrack for this flashback is a parody) At the front of the ship are Xatu and Natu. Oh no! A space iceberg! The ship is split in half, and Xatu is seperated from Natu! Xatu falls off into deep space....
- They discuss their experiences, and his new movie.
- He consults his booklet.
- Takeshi appears to know something about it...
- Haruka and Masato want to watch the movie!
- Break!
- They get close to their destination.
- In front of the village is a rice field.
- Even the old lady working the paddy fields recognises him!
- And an even older couple walk up to greet him!
- And then the kids! Looks like this is the village he was talking about.
- He thanks the girl who sent him the letter.
- He sets up his cinema at a raised plateau.
- Satoshi-tachi help set up the equipment.
- Showing begins at night.
- There is a large audience of varying demographics.
- Masato is eating popcorn, loudly...
- Lights go off! The movie begins!
- The audio is provided by a portable stereo...
- The man is providing the narration himself!
- [I'm too lazy to type out the movie.]
- Interruption!
- It's Team Rocket! (Musashi's new seiyuu must enjoy imitating the speaker of the last line...) (They complete their motto this time)
- Musashi uses her Habuneku (Seviper) to make a smokescreen!
- When the lights come back on... The projector is gone!
- Takeshi has to distract the children while the rest of them go chase Team Rocket...
- Takeshi and Lombre are dressed in Mexican attire. Singing something, apparently Takeshi's paradise, according to Archaic.
- The children are distracted.
- Team Rocket has left a trail of film...
- Kojirou and Meowth are pulling a cart with the equipment... While Musashi sits on the cart...
- Musashi notices that the film is unrolling...
- Meowth goes reel it back...
- They meet! Musashi calls Satoshi "Jari-boy"...
- Grovyle vs. Seviper! Seviper attempts to bite, but Grovyle dodges! Grovyle uses Bullet Seed!
- Quick Attack sends Team Rocket blasting off! They drop the fully reeled film.
- Takeshi's gig is getting boring...
- The movie resumes. [Not typing that up] (Pikachu blushes when a Pikachu appears on screen)
- Kojirou wonders why they're not stealing the equipment. Musashi shushes him...
- Musashi and Meowth are crying over the movie...
- End!

P.S. The man's name is Takaya.

http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/ash/PikaEmbarrassed.jpg
Awww... Pikachu's reaction after seeing the Pikachu in the movie save Plusle and Minun from an Armaldo. He's picking up that hand-behind-the-head thing from Ash.

http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/brock/MexicanBrockAndLombre.jpg
Yes, Brock wears his Mexican getup from "Takeshi no Paradiso" and "Same Old Song and Dance" again. :D

Animelee
24th July 2004, 12:51 AM
This episode officially has the most misleading preview, ever!

It was really nice to see Satoshi and Shigeru as young children, and it was surprising to see Takeshi with his siblings, too! The episodes get better week by week, like I always say. ^^ It was also surprising to see the boy and his Pippi/Clefairy in the movie, hehe. I guess this proves that the whole comic series with these characters is entirely fictional in the Pokémon cartoon universe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2004, 01:57 AM
Even though it involves 'real' people?

Animelee
24th July 2004, 02:01 AM
I mean, it's a fictional universe (Pippi comic), within a fictional universe (Pokémon cartoon), within a real universe (ours).

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th July 2004, 06:01 AM
Yes, but it involves characters who are real to them (akin to cartoon characters meeting real-life celebraties), such as gym leaders, and even Oak himself (who is bald for some reason in that series)

Pewter City Geodude
25th July 2004, 09:52 AM
Question...

http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/teamrocket/meowthontv.jpg

Was the clip of Meowth dancing in this scene taken from "Gotta Dance"? I don't think so.

Animelee
25th July 2004, 10:06 AM
Hmm, personally, it seems like it's not a direct scene from the actual short, but a re-animated scene for this episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2004, 05:39 PM
*snicker* That shot gave me the giggles. I suppose it just shows how delusional Meowth really is, doesn't it?

AKA Pokemon Fan
4th August 2004, 03:21 PM
Even though it involves 'real' people?
Actually, to me it seems that Ash and Gary were shown watching a "cartoon." That is a film that in their reality would be just an animated film. Evidence for this is in the ridiculous appearence of the characters compared to what exists in the "real" Pokemon world. Red, the Pikachu, and of course the Clefairy all have very odd, "cartoon-like" proportions and look little like their "real" counterparts.

The others were probably the equivalent of live-action movies with lots of special effects.

Did anyone else notice the whole "Titanic" parody done with Xatu and Natu? Now that was funny. :lol:

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th August 2004, 03:50 PM
No, I was saying that it involves people that they could run into. You know, like how celebraties appear on The Simpsons. They're real people, in cartoon form.