PDA

View Full Version : Musashi's Voice

Animelee
16th July 2004, 03:15 AM
*Musashi = Jesse

Remember a few months ago, I made a topic that Musashi's voice actor, Megumi Hayashibara, got pregnant, and I thought that she wouldn't be able to do Musashi's voice anymore? Well, it turns out I was correct, as Musashi has a new voice. :( Although you can tell the difference, this new voice actor seems to be the perfect replacement. I'm not sure if it's temporary or not, but I'm betting it's permanent, as Megumi will probably want to spend time with her new baby.

Can you tell the difference?
Episode 360 (AG 084) Voice (http://animedna.homestead.com/files/Musashi1.wav)
Episode 361 (AG 085) Voice (http://animedna.homestead.com/files/Musashi2.wav)

Attached is a screenshot from the voice actor credits at the end of episode 361 (AG 085). Can someone who can read Kanji (Zhen Lin and Mikachu Yukitatsu?) type the new actor's name in romaji, please? Thanks. :)

Edit: If I could find the old topic, I would update it instead of making a new one, but VB3 can't seem to find it...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zhen Lin
16th July 2004, 04:35 AM
平松晶子

Possible readings: Hiramatsu/Heimatsu Akiko/Shouko/Shoushi/Shiyoko/Seiko/Masako, among others...

Zhen Lin
18th July 2004, 10:37 AM
Erm. Those are .mp3 files, but I presume you've renamed them to get around uploading restrictions.

Animelee
18th July 2004, 03:31 PM
I extracted them straight from the episodes using VirtualDub, which saves sound files as WAVs, so I didn't rename them.

Kojiro
20th July 2004, 09:10 AM
Saw this on Bulbagarden, the new VA is Akiko Hiramatsu, who did Flora (Melody in America I think, is that the girl who plays the flute?) in Revelation Lugia. BTW, I added a topic about this on the main site, BTW! :lol:

Sorry, but it sort of gives me pride knowing a posted a story on a Website. :nut:

Craig
21st July 2004, 09:17 PM
Thats pretty good change. Although, maybe a native japanese speaker could tell the difference easily, while we can't as much because well, its not our first language ?

serebii spp joe

Pokemon Neo
31st July 2004, 05:50 AM
The new Musashi voice sounds a bit higher,but overall I guess she's a good replacement.Although I can imagine that some of the japanese fans are somewhat annoyed by this.I think most people expected some sort of storyline where Musashi/Jessie disappeared for awhile until Megumi Hayashibara got back.

You know what sucks? I'm thinking that if even the Japanese dub somehow got into a situation where one of it's VAs had to *at least* temporarily leave the cast (in Japan's case,Megumi Hayashibara),I'm guessing the same could very well happen to the English dub as well.

So the question is,if you could somehow control which VA would have to leave the English dub,who would it be?

I'd say Eric Stuart.While we may have to brace ourselves for a really crappy sounding Brock,I bet the guy who does Pegasus' voice in Yugioh can return James to his former glory.

Crystal Mew
9th August 2004, 01:34 AM
I really hope the dub isn't like that...changing voice actors. imo, its easy to find a japanese person that sounds similar, but finding someone that sounds exactly like a a va in english....? not likely :no:

Water Pokemon Master
9th August 2004, 01:42 AM
I'd say Eric Stuart.While we may have to brace ourselves for a really crappy sounding Brock,I bet the guy who does Pegasus' voice in Yugioh can return James to his former glory.

Those two sound so much alike that I used to think Pegasus was done by Eric Stuart.

Most of the Pokemon voice actors have unique voices, so I think replacing them would be kind of hard, especially for Ash, May, and Brock. Imagine if something had to Veronica Taylor. We would lose two of the show's main characters. :o

Chikoo
30th August 2004, 11:20 PM
I really hope the dub isn't like that...changing voice actors. imo, its easy to find a japanese person that sounds similar, but finding someone that sounds exactly like a a va in english....? not likely :no:
:lol:

Back to the topic, I downloaded the Japanese TR song. Jesse sounded great. Meowth's voice is freaking annoying as hell, though.

Animelee
9th September 2004, 08:57 PM
Well, according to Palette, Megumi Hayashibara returns this week, reprising her role as Musashi and the Hoenn Pokédex, as well as other roles, like Satoshi's Fusigidane (Bulbasaur)!

I'd like to give it up for Akiko Hiramatsu -- she did the voice of Musashi and the Hoenn Pokédex for the last six weeks. To tell you the truth, after the first few minutes of episode 361 (AG 085), I could barely notice the difference anymore. She's done such a great job replacing Megumi. :D Just incase you were interested, Akiko's done work in Pokémon before. In the second movie, she did the voice for Flura (Melody), as well as one-time characters Chigusa in episode 168, and Daiki (Dayton) in episode 214.

Zhen Lin
10th September 2004, 07:00 PM
Coincidently, you will notice that in AG93, Mizugorou's normal voice returns...