PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #13

darktyranitar
16th July 2004, 05:22 AM
OK, from now on, I'll post the report once/ twice in a week on Friday or Saturday, Monday-Wednesday or both. Anyway, here's another report:

Team Aqua’s Lanturn

Stats:

80 HP
(L)
Stage 1
Evolve from Team Aqua’s Chincou
Weakness: F
Resistance: M
Retreat Cost: (C)

Pre-Evolution Choice:

1) TA Chincou
There is only 1 TA Chincou in Magma VS Aqua set, so… no comment.

Attack:

Poke-Power: Auxiliary Light
Once during your turn(before you attack), you may attach a basic Energy card from your hand to Team Aqua’s Lanturn. Put 2 damage counters on Team Aqua’s Lanturn. This power can’t be used if Team Aqua’s Lanturn is affected by Special Condition.
This power may seem useless, as you have to put 2 damage counters on TA Lantun. But if you combine it with TA Manectric and Rayquaza ex……
(LCC)Lightning Ball 50
An average attack for 3 energy.

Combo:

1)TA Manectric(Rare) and Rayquaza ex
TA Manectric Poke-Power , Power shift says,”Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move any number of basic Energy cards attached to one of your pokemon with Team Aqua in its name to another Pokemon. This Power can't be used if Team Aqua's Manectric is affected by a special condition.”
Get the point now? Use TA Lanturn Poke-power to attach as many (L) energy to him, then use Power Shift to transfer all (L) energy to Rayquaza ex and discard the energies to deal lots of damage (Rayquaza ex can discard either all [R] energy or [L] energy).
2)Magneton(EX Dragon)/ Gardevoir-ex
Magnetic Force and Psystorm fits in with lots of energy attached to TA Lanturn.
3)TA Manectric(Rare) and Dragonite ex
Use Power Shift and Call for Power to use Dragon Wave in two turn for about 140 damage in 2 turn (thanks to Alec for giving this combo which is rarely heard)

Card Art Rating in number 1-10: 6
Comment: TA Lanturn is quite a useful Pokemon. He is not very suitable to make as a main attacker in a deck, but his Poke-Power is useful for TA Manectric & Rayquaza ex tag team,or Magneton/Gardevoir ex deck, but the aspect to put 2 damage on him is not too attractive.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 5

EDIT: Add a new combo

Water Pokemon Master
16th July 2004, 06:14 AM
Meh, I don't like this card at all. The one in EX Hidden Legends is way better than this one, in my opinion, since it has a cooler power. I suppose Lightning Ball is an okay attack, but I don't think this card is too good.

Oh, and my new site will be up soon, darktyranitar, so you will be able to use the scans again. The new site will be pokebeach.com instead of the old address. ;)

Roarkiller
16th July 2004, 09:52 AM
Its kinda okay if u could use smthng to block the damage. Prolly add nurse to the combo or smthng.

Alec Trevelyan
16th July 2004, 04:45 PM
i dont like much this card, but once i built a deck w/ TA lanturn + TA manectric + dragonite EX, ok, weird, but i liked =P

darktyranitar
16th July 2004, 11:33 PM
Dragonite ex...Hm, never thought of that. Thanks for giving this rarely heard strategy.

I've already edit my first post.

Roarkiller
17th July 2004, 06:11 AM
i dont like much this card, but once i built a deck w/ TA lanturn + TA manectric + dragonite EX, ok, weird, but i liked =P

Explain? I dont really know what the cards do, so i cant see the combo.

darktyranitar
18th July 2004, 09:05 AM
Ok, let see the cards:

TA Lanturn can attach an energy to it for 3 damage counter. TA Manectric can transfer energy from TA Pokemon.

The text on Dragonite ex:

Poke-Power: Call for Power: As often as you like during your turn, you may move 1 Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokemon to Dragonite ex. This power can't be used if Dragonite is affected by a Special Condition.
[WL] Dragon Wave (70) Discard a [W] and a [L] Energy card attached to Dragonite ex.
[4] Giant Tail (120) Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

So I think it goes like attach two energy(W and L) to TA Lanturn, use Power Shift / Call for Power to attach those energy and use Dragon Wave continously. Or that how it goes, I think...

Alec Trevelyan
18th July 2004, 02:59 PM
uh, i forgot, it doesnt needs manectric, i use delcatty :P
dragonite get alone the energies ^^