PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Old vs. New

mr_pikachu
17th July 2004, 03:54 AM
I thought I'd pose this question because I recently came across an interesting player. He uses a deck made up of four different types, for one thing. (Amazingly enough, it works immaculately.) But the really odd thing about this deck is that he doesn't use a single card from a set later than Neo. He hasn't even collected the cards for several years, and yet his deck is one of the best I've ever seen.

So my question is this: Do you think the newer cards are better to use, or the older ones? That is, are the cards slowly getting better and more useful, or are they getting worse instead? (Only talking in terms of gameplay usage here.) What's your opinion on the matter?

Water Pokemon Master
17th July 2004, 04:17 AM
The old formats were WAY better than this one. In my opinion, Ne-on was the best format ever in Pokemon TCG history, everything was totally balanced out. The new format lacks drawing power, and I hate EX's and Supporters.

Hopefully there will be a future EX Gold and Silver set since we lack many G/S Pokemon, and it will have Neo trainers, though I doubt it.

Roarkiller
17th July 2004, 06:15 AM
None later than neo... that means he uses the neo cards then? Then id say its perfectly possible. After all, the only change ive made so far to my Deck of Hell is to change good manners for pkmn fanclub, and added copycat. In fact, the cards after the neo sets r IMO either nonsense or ridiculous.

Alec Trevelyan
18th July 2004, 03:16 PM
woha, BS - gym2 have broken cards considering the actual format... just the trainers from BS were broken. The only cards from Neo 1 to 4 that were goods: dark/metal energies, sneasel, murkry, slowking (oh yeah, gooooooooood old times), steelix... basically stuff of neo 1... but other cards like typhlosion, meganium and Feraligatr were very used on modified. I loved riptide decks... so good doing 150 damage ^^

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2004, 07:20 AM
I loved Riptide too. :D

Yeah, the most broken cards are definately the trainer cards in Base Set. Imagine if those were in the current modified now? :o

Roarkiller
19th July 2004, 10:24 AM
I loved Riptide too. :D

Yeah, the most broken cards are definately the trainer cards in Base Set. Imagine if those were in the current modified now? :o

Id be happy to juz have gust back :yes: