PDA

View Full Version : Know what's worse than losing?

Roarkiller
17th July 2004, 06:45 AM
Almost winning.

Ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

Sorry, im laughing out of sadness a lot after i lost. I know its hard to bear with me, my own mum told me that.

Aaanyway, lets get to the lowdown on the competition, eh?

1st round - delcatty/blaziken/rayquaza ex
Quite a few ppl in my category used fire. Anyway, it started off fine until he got out rayquaza. Heated exchange between sceptiles and roselias against rayquaza-ex and company. The sleep status was one helluva big advantage for me, and i squeezed every bit of advabtage from it. However, he killed a sceptile ex to even out my killing his rayquaza (he got one out IMMEDIATELY after i killed his 1st), and we were down 2 a piece. Killed roselia, then a few turns later, sceptile.

The most unexpected thing was his use of warp point. Shoulda included that.

0-1

2nd round - Blaziken and smthng
Fought against Jess this time. Another fire deck. Oh well...

Started out okay, both were neck-and-neck. Again, roselia proved indispensable in stalling, and sceptile did super with its 1st attack, providing a myriad of status. A few tails too many allowed me to zoom past sleeping pkmns and i won fairly easy.

1-1

3rd round - Blaziken/Amphy (e.current)/smthng(surskit line i think)
Yeah yeah, another fire deck. I think there was a water pkmn, but i cant be sure (forgot). Anyway, this one gave me a real heart attack. He were both fighting real hard, and he got the same tails spell as jess. He got 2 prizes, i got 2 left. Then:

*Note:All quotes r by organiser and spectators
"Okay guys, you have 2 minutes left."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I attacked, he stayed asleep i think. I dunno, smthng happened, We exchanged a few blows, none gaining.

"50 seconds!"

Panic started, couldnt attack him cuz dunsparce paralyzed me. I got free from it and started roselia stalling.

"20 seconds!"

My turn, couldnt do much, just 10 a turn.

"10 seconds!"

His turn, did smthng.

"5!" (did smthng) "4!" (sighed, ended his turn since he was asleep)

"3!" and i quickly switched roselia with sceptile with 5 grass.

"2!"

Me: "SOLAR BEAM 70 DAMAGE! DRAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!"

Yep.

W-L-D: 1-1-1

3rd round - beldum line (didnt see metagross,so meh)
He uses jirachi, same as the guy in 3rd round. Got it out, got beldum, evolved. He also had starmie in his deck.

Not much of a challenge tho. Especially since he was using a coins from the EX sets, which btw, i loaded for tails big time. Lotsa tails.

2-1-1

-----

Okay, so far, i did okay. Then i found out that i was tied 3rd with 2 other guys in terms of pts, but only 4 ppl get to go to the elimination round. Thankfully, somehow i was 3rd.

Semi final - Blaziken/TA electrike/delcatty i think
Here's my hand:

Treecko, grovyle, sceptile, roselia, 2 grass, wally.

Meh, If it wasnt because of sleep working for so many times, i prolly wouldve lost. Anyway, i got to use ATM rock against his blaziken even tho he got no damage. Since it was candied up, he had to revert to delcatty. It was also the last pkmn i killed.

Final - against 1st guy
Meh. My hand was lousy. No sorry, its WAY beyond lousy. Lost this one due to no basics, then checked the deck. Next basic was bout 2 turns away, nearest draw card bout 5 turns away. U tell ME how to win. (The dice was one of the ones that got heads very often).

*cue*

EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...

My deck:

Plague
Pkmn (17)
4 treecko
2 dragon grovyle
1 grovyle swift
3 sceptile holo
2 sceptile ex
3 roselia
2 dunsparce

Trainers(26)
2 por
2 steven advice
2 TVR
1 juggler
2 copycat
1 TV
3 candy
2 wally
2 ATM rock
2 ancient tomb
2 life herb
2 briney compassion
3 oracle

15 grsas
2 boost

Got no pics, forgot to bring a camera, and besides i came straight from camp (uniform and boots r HEAVY). Anyway, 12 HL boosters, 4 selected promos i can choose and A BIG PIKACHU TROPHY...

... WITH THE WORD 2ND ON IT!!!

EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...

Yoh Asakura
17th July 2004, 07:00 AM
Congrats on um losing...

jesschow12
17th July 2004, 07:52 AM
Should Have Use My Gardy Ex Instead If Bar!!! I Wont Trust Pokegym Anymore :mad:

Roarkiller
17th July 2004, 09:04 AM
Should Have Use My Gardy Ex Instead If Bar!!! I Wont Trust Pokegym Anymore :mad:

Gardy ex is weak to grass, lol. Ud have lost worse to me. But i guess it wouldve faired better against the others. BAR deck is good, but there r better combos.

jesschow12
17th July 2004, 10:38 AM
ok heres my deck

4 tochic(3 dragon,1 RS firework)
2 combusken(double kick,combustion)
3 blaze
2 blaze ex
1 ray ex
2 kitty
2 catty
2 TA trike
2 TA netric
3 sparce

4 tv reporter
3 oracle
2 rare candy
2 oak reseearch
2 steven advice
1 copycat
1 atm rock
2 warppoint
1 power plant
1 crystal shard
2 elm training method

11 fire
2 lightning
3 multi

heres my report

1st match against RAMBO deck

well my worst of all , i have a sparce and loads of trainers and later use POR but later i got back the same hand with no energy,so i died

2nd match against sceptile deck (RK)

i end a few turns doing nothing and got a blaze in the end ,manage to take out 1 sceptile by removing his stadium card but hes another sceptile just blew me off

3rd match against wierd deck

from the starting until the end ,my opp had only 2 pokemon ,1 tropious and 1 onix.he dicided to save his onix by evolving into skyrodge steelx and use 2nd atack and manage to take out my fully charged combusken :mad: but later my the other blaze came out and screw both of them

4th match against BAR

well finnaly i have a good start but my opp start first and summoned a BEX in 2nd turn!! i wasted quite a few of ym pokemon but i cant controlled the situation later as the amphy and catty also came in later

my score 3 loss 1 win

Water Pokemon Master
17th July 2004, 09:16 PM
Do you get to go to Worlds, RK? 2nd place isn't bad at all. I don't know why you are acting all anime-crazy style. You remind me of Merril Stryfe from Trigun. :lol:

And the PokeGym sucks at fixing decks. That's why I don't go to the deck forum anymore. In my opinion, the only way you should fix your deck is by talking to someone directly or play testing. If you have faced the deck before that you want to fix, it is way easier and more effective to fix it that way.

Roarkiller
18th July 2004, 12:01 AM
Do you get to go to Worlds, RK? 2nd place isn't bad at all. I don't know why you are acting all anime-crazy style. You remind me of Merril Stryfe from Trigun. :lol:

And the PokeGym sucks at fixing decks. That's why I don't go to the deck forum anymore. In my opinion, the only way you should fix your deck is by talking to someone directly or play testing. If you have faced the deck before that you want to fix, it is way easier and more effective to fix it that way.

http://www.comicsmart.com/index.php?option=content&task=section&id=4&Itemid=29
Kinda the same in all nationals, isnt it?

Ill take note of that pokegym fact. Anyway, i was kinda lucky this tourney, especially since the deck was planned, debugged, fixed, created and playtested once (online) all in the span of less than 2 weeks. Not to add that i did all these less than 2hrs a day since i still have to go to camp.

Meh, another #2 in my collection. I wonder when i will ever finish first... sigh...

Alec Trevelyan
18th July 2004, 03:09 PM
ok heres my deck

4 tochic(3 dragon,1 RS firework)
2 combusken(double kick,combustion)
3 blaze
2 blaze ex
1 ray ex
2 kitty
2 catty
2 TA trike
2 TA netric
3 sparce

4 tv reporter
3 oracle
2 rare candy
2 oak reseearch
2 steven advice
1 copycat
1 atm rock
2 warppoint
1 power plant
1 crystal shard
2 elm training method

11 fire
2 lightning
3 multi

heres my report

1st match against RAMBO deck

well my worst of all , i have a sparce and loads of trainers and later use POR but later i got back the same hand with no energy,so i died

2nd match against sceptile deck (RK)

i end a few turns doing nothing and got a blaze in the end ,manage to take out 1 sceptile by removing his stadium card but hes another sceptile just blew me off

3rd match against wierd deck

from the starting until the end ,my opp had only 2 pokemon ,1 tropious and 1 onix.he dicided to save his onix by evolving into skyrodge steelx and use 2nd atack and manage to take out my fully charged combusken :mad: but later my the other blaze came out and screw both of them

4th match against BAR

well finnaly i have a good start but my opp start first and summoned a BEX in 2nd turn!! i wasted quite a few of ym pokemon but i cant controlled the situation later as the amphy and catty also came in later

my score 3 loss 1 win

sorry but 1 rayquazza?! imo you should drop it, this is crap, BAR is dead, now blaziken EX alone eat 'em =). Anyway congrats to you guys :sweat4:

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2004, 07:22 AM
Perhaps you should post your deck in a thread here, jesschow, so we can fix it up. I am sure we would be able to do a much better job than the PokeGym. ;)

darktyranitar
20th July 2004, 05:47 AM
Well, sorry to hear you got 2nd place...But it sounds like a great match. Anyway, congrats on getting 2nd, altough you could win if you have better luck. Maybe next time, eh?

BTW, from the sound of it, it looks like the player who use the Beldum line use cards from Wishmaker deck, don't you think?