PDA

View Full Version : Rate my noob team

Ten - Ko
18th July 2004, 05:32 AM
I just started a little while ago, so I tossed some stuff that seemed to work together, and I'm wondering what you think.

Wobbuffet@Leftovers (Bold, Shadow Tag, EVs: 252 HP, 129 Def/SpDef)
Counter
Mirror Coat
Encore
Destiny Bond

Dugtrio@Leftovers (Adamant, Arena Trap, EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
HP Ghost

Blissey@Leftovers (Bold, Natural Cure, EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef)
Counter
Ice Beam
Softboiled
Toxic

Breloom@Leftovers (Adamant, Effect Spore, EVs 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd)
Spore
Focus Punch
Mach Punch
HP Rock

Starmie@Leftovers (Timid, Natural Cure, EVs: 4 HP, 252 Spd, 252 SpAtk)
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Slaking@Choice Band (Adamant, Truant, EVs 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd)
Return
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Shadow Ball

Wobb/Dugtrio is usually guaranteed to kill off 2/3 Pokemon with Encore, then reacting appropriately and hoping for the best, with Shadow Tag/Arena Trap being such a cool combo, to me. Blissey's just too good, Breloom's the Focus Puncher to take down all those big Normal types, along with anything else it can get Spore on. This Starmie works well as a Special Sweeper. It's fun outspeeding and OHKOing Gengars with it. Slaking is saved for when I can't figure out how to beat something with strategy, just beat it with brute force. It's probably got a few weaknesses I haven't figured out yet, offensive and defensive. Any help is appreciated.

Number1ChanseyFan
18th July 2004, 02:13 PM
Wobbuffet-Not bad, but I would go with Charm over Destiny Bond. Wobbuffet is a little too slow to be a great Destiny Bonder, and if you use Charm, then at least you can accomplish something if you Encore a non-damaging move.

Dugtrio-Standard physical sweeper moveset, although you may want to consider a Jolly (+Speed -Special Attack) personality.

Blissey-You will definitely want to get Aromatherapy or Heal Bell onto your moveset. It would work fine as a replacement for Toxic. You also may want to think about using Flamethrower instead of Ice Beam, especially since you have no fire attacks, and a Starie that knows Ice Beam.

Breloom-Standard focus punching moveset. Swords Dance is an option over Mach Punch.

Starmie-Standard special sweeper set.

Slaking-Consider Brick Break as a replacement for Focus Punch. Also, a Jolly personality would work well.

Overall: All of your movesets are very good, and you don't have any 3x weaknesses either. However, your team is very offensive minded, there isn't a whole lot of defense in your team. Your team also has no stat upping moves, so it could be very vulnerable to a team that has Pokémon with stat boosting moves, as you don't have a hazer in your team to neutralize stat boosts, and you don't have any Pokémon in your team that can boost their own stats either. You really may want to consider getting some tankish Pokémon in there that are more defensive-minded, (like Torkoal) and a hazer (such as Weezing) wouldn't be a bad idea either. Your team is really pretty good, it just needs a few adjustments. :)

Ultimate Pikachu
18th July 2004, 04:29 PM
Wobbuffet: Charm or Safeguard over Destiny Bond.

Dugtrio: Some people use Choice Band on this. Jolly nature. Return>Aerial Ace.

Blissey: Aromatherapy over Toxic. You Flamethrower and Seismec Toss work well over Ice Beam.

Breloom: Swords Dance>Mach Punch.

Starmie: Fine.

Slaking: Jolly nature works better. Brick Break is an option over Focus Punch.

Your team is too offensive. It needs at least one tank.. It could also use stat boosters.

Ten - Ko
18th July 2004, 11:08 PM
Any suggestions as to which Pokemon I should switch out for a Tank/Hazer, and which Pokemon to replace it with?

Enderpan
18th July 2004, 11:23 PM
It seems to me that Breloom isn't that important in this team. Although he can make other pokes sleep, he doesn't do that much attacking-wise that Dugtrio or Slaking can't do.

As for which poke you should switch in for Breloom, I think you should bring in Torkoal. You don't have any fire attacks, which can be useful in most battles, and Torkoal is a pretty good tank.

Torkoal
EV: 6 Sp Att - 252 Def - 252 Sp.Def
Calm/Bold
@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
White Smoke
-Iron Defense/Yawn/Toxic
-Amnesia
-Flamethrower
-Rest