PDA

View Full Version : RMT - The Reckless Charlatans

Enderpan
18th July 2004, 10:52 PM
First of all, this is just pokes and movesets, I haven't given much or any thought to natures, items, or EVs just yet. Any and all suggestions are welcome in that area, but just know I'm getting to it. Also, I'm having a little trouble with a couple of pokes. I have movesets for both, but I just can't decide between either. Oh yes, don't forget this is only on the Gameboy, so I won't be going for any Hidden Powers. It's hard enough to get the right nature. And I can't use the same TM twice. Enough blabbing, on with the team.

In no particular order:

Sceptile
Leaf Blade: Dragon Claw: Crunch: Protect
-This is intended to scout out as well as be a special attacker/sweeper.

Alakazam
Calm Mind: Psychic: Ice Punch: Fire Punch
-Special Sweeper, enough said.

Starmie
Surf: Thunderbolt: Rapid Spin: Recover
-This is designed to be a Skarmkiller. It also gets rid of those pesky spikes.

OR

Metagross
Agility: Meteor Mash: Sludge Bomb: Earthquake
-Physical sweeper.

OR

Zangoose
Shadow Ball: Brick Break: Aerial Ace: Swords Dance
-Sweeper

Notice I have two different pokes for two slots. The two possibilites are [Slaking and Crobat] OR [Metagross and Zangoose], not any other combinations. With Metagross and Zangoose I have two 3x weaknesses, and that's Bug and Fire. Metagross covers his Fire weakness well with Earthquake, but the others will just switch out (or Protect in Sceptile's case). With Slaking and Crobat, I have 3x weaknesses to Bug and Electric, but there's not much I can do about that one. Also, I can attack with all but 2 of the types, pretty much covering all weaknesses. I'm not quite sure which two physical attackers I should use. Please comment on that.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Thanks in advance.

Number1ChanseyFan
19th July 2004, 05:52 PM
Sceptile-Good moveset, Timid Personality is good, with EVs of 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, and 6 HP. Attach Leftovers or Petaya Berry.

Alakazam-Pretty standard. Basically, everything that I said for Sceptile as far as personality, EVs, and attachments would apply here too.

Starmie-Not bad, Timid Personality, EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Att, 6 HP. Attach Leftovers.

Skarmory-Pretty good, Rest would work better then Steel Wing. Even though it gets STAB, it really isn't all that effective. Impish Personality, EVs: 252 Special Defense, 129 HP, 129 Attack. Again, go with Leftovers.

For the other two Pokémon, I guess that Crobat and Slaking would be the best choices.

Slaking-Moveset is a pretty standard physical sweeper moveset. Jolly Personality, EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP will work fine. Attach either Leftovers or Choice Band.

Crobat-Nice hazing toxishuffler moveset. Jolly Personality, EVs: 252 HP, 129 Defense, 129 Special Defense

Overall: All of your movesets are very good. However, it is pretty dangerous having 3x weaknesses on your team. Especially when you have them against common types. This team would be very vulnerable to Elecrtic moves, such as Thunderbolt, which is a very common move, there is usually at least one T-Bolter on every team. Bug moves, like Heracross' Megahorn could also do a lot of damage. So basically, the 3x weaknesses are the biggest concern with this team.

Enderpan
22nd July 2004, 06:45 PM
Actually, I have decided to switch Crobat with Weezing, with this set:

Weezing@Rightovers
Haze
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
WoW/Toxic/Explosion

Not sure about the last slot, and I know it's my choice but I can't choose! Give a suggestion, please.

phaedrus
24th July 2004, 09:19 AM
Asplode!!11oneone Go with Explosion