PDA

View Full Version : The most EVIL dub I've ever heard!

Last Exile
19th July 2004, 02:19 AM
No, people, this topic isn't Spike Spencer related (although I think he should never have been allowed to do voices in dubbed aniem again after his pathetic voicing of Shinji in Evangelion. From there on in, the nightmare was allowed to swallow more and more innocent lives in).

While Spike SPencer would occupy most of a top ten lsit of worst dubs, there's one that's jsut surfaced. And I know this one is REALLY going to get the Asians and fansub fans mad, because it's something we like very much!

*dum roll* And the worst dub of all time is...AZUMANGA DAIOH?!

Can you actually believe it?! I am serious people. I saw 5 minutes of the dub version on the weekend, and I seriously wanted to cut my ears off right there! It was the WORST thing ever! They made Yukari sound like the typical American housewife, Chiyo like a sorority queen, and from there on in, the pain was too much to bear. It's like watching Pokemon on Prozac or something, it's that goddamned awful!

So, Americans that are about to try out Azumanga Daioh, I implore you: Avoid the dub at all costs! It is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING like the original version! They took out ALL the swearing, most of the sex/body-related jokes, a lot fo the cultural references, the slapstick....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :mad2: :angry: :evil:

YOU EVIL AMERICAN DUBBERS! STOP TEARING ANIME APART! OR I WILL COME AFTER YOU! :angry:

EngiMatikul
19th July 2004, 03:44 AM
Hmm... Azumanga dub was pretty bad, I'll admit to that. Osaka sounded older than Yukari, something to that of a 30 year old southern woman.

with that note aside, I thought it was your job to stop hate topics, not spread them. >.>

Roarkiller
19th July 2004, 10:28 AM
Hmm... Azumanga dub was pretty bad, I'll admit to that. Osaka sounded older than Yukari, something to that of a 30 year old southern woman.

with that note aside, I thought it was your job to stop hate topics, not spread them. >.>

I think Ryan sees it as within TPM, while any hate related to the outside world is okay. Or maybe itts juz dubs that we can hate :P

No comment since i havent seen it. Nor have i seen the original, but ive already resolved not to watch dubs if i can help it. And not to sound racist, but especially if the dub came from america.

fat man with a monkey
19th July 2004, 10:30 AM
you huge f*cktard. You are just a massive f*cktard. No one forced you to watch the dub, a topic isn't needed about it. The only dub that deserves a topic about it's horriblocity is DBZ. And that's been done to death.
[EDIT:] early episodes of DBZ. and maybe if this topic had been an intelligent one about dubs, it wouldn't be so f*cktarded. Look in the siggy. Thanks.

The Muffin Man
19th July 2004, 11:15 AM
I'm with Jamey. Posting about a bad dub is obnoxious and elitist. There was no need to post this whatsoever...

classy_cat18
19th July 2004, 01:46 PM
She was just warning us. Thanx for the heads up. Now I know just to download this anime and save some money.

*crosses anime off "What to Buy" list*

I hope that Full Metal Alchemist won't be too bad. I had to watch the Japanese version first!

HavoX
19th July 2004, 02:04 PM
I don't have a problem with dubbed anime...

on the other hand, I really haven't seen subbed anime at all, since I'm too lazy to go out to a store to buy any on VHS/DVD

(downloading anime via P2P is for losers btw)

Razola
19th July 2004, 10:23 PM
Thinly veiled hate thread.

Guess it's all right as it's elitist and pro-anime, amirite?

Set an example and close this.

Mewtwo-D2
19th July 2004, 11:13 PM
Warnings on bad dubs should go into the 'Reviews' topic. It's not elitist to warn people when a dub can cause seizures, but it can be stated in less harsh sounding terms. And I'm sure Azumanga Daioh can't compare with Excel Saga, where Excel's voice is so screechy it makes more sense and is far less painful in raw Japanese (my sister who watches almost exclusively dubs made me change it to sub. She and I both were almost shaking with the assault on our ears.) and CardCaptors, which isn't even the same show it started out with- it just happens to have the same animation pieced together.

But I am closing this. Write a review and then put your warning on whether the dub is great, good, tolerable, awful, or makes you want to murder the VA's.