PDA

View Full Version : An idea I had ...

Gavin Luper
20th July 2004, 12:09 AM
When I saw the Fanfic Trivia topic by Iveechan I immediately thought it was a trivia game on Fanfics. When I realised it wasn't, it gave me the idea to have a trivia game here, with questions about all the fics that have ever graced TPM, and the associated people.

So, would anyone be interested in this Trivia Game if I posted it?

DannyBoy
20th July 2004, 12:11 AM
I'd be interested in it. I think thats what everyone thought but having a real one would be fun. Another way to make the borads more active. I say yes to the idea.

mr_pikachu
20th July 2004, 12:48 AM
I'm all for it. I'll do whatever I can to help, including coming up with trivia questions, playing the game, etc.

A related idea I had was to have periodical tournaments with it. Something along the lines of, "First person to get [insert number here] points gets a banner." Sort of like the Writing Contests, only something that's more reader-based.

Also, would it include completed fics, "dead" fics, or fics from any of the old TPM sites? That's something to consider.

Again, I think it's a great idea. I was considering running it myself, but I think it would be better with a mod running the show, anyway. This could provide even more fun to Fanfic, and ultimately more members. Good work!

Gavin Luper
20th July 2004, 01:20 AM
Interesting idea, Brian, I'll think about it all. And yes, I was thinking for the questions, they could be about current fics, current writers, and old fics and old writers, that would be great. If people are interested, then this could start up again.

So, that's two 'yes' votes ... I should've made this a poll. Thanks guys!

Chris 2.1
22nd July 2004, 05:31 PM
Go for it man, you've got nothing to lose. If people don't reply, then they don't care about it, and if they don't care about it then it's embaressing failure will go unnoticed....however...

If it is a roaring sucess, well, everyone will like you.

So go for it!

The Decapitated Mole
22nd July 2004, 06:38 PM
I'm totally for that, it sounds like it'd be fun, and as Danny said it would probably help to make the boards at least a bit more active.

o_0
jimm

Tainted
22nd July 2004, 09:30 PM
Go for it, sounds good. I too was a little dissapointed when I found out the Fanfic Trivia wasn't exactly, well, Trivia...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mistysakura
23rd July 2004, 02:25 AM
Yeah, a fanfic trivia would be fun. I was a bit disappointed when I found out what was in the other trivia topic too. I think that it would be pretty interesting, and it seems like you've got a bunch of willing participants already, so it's all cool.

Leon-IH
23rd July 2004, 03:33 AM
go for it hombre!!

PancaKe
24th July 2004, 08:23 AM
U wanted ur poll? There it is ;) Mods get a lot of options.

And heck yeah, I would do it but I really am cut for time latley. But if you did need a hand, you could always ask. And besides, there's plenty of things to trivia bout, it doesnt just need to be fanfics. Members, posts, places, comps, etc etc.

Go for it, you big red fire truck!

phaedrus
24th July 2004, 09:07 AM
Please note that the people who made the questions should not be allowed to participate. Why? The people who made the questions know the answers.

PancaKe
24th July 2004, 09:17 AM
Yeah, of course. Maybe it should only be a mod thing. What do you think Gav?

mistysakura
25th July 2004, 05:42 AM
Or we could have a group of people, and they could take turns, each person devising a set of questions or something. Mods want particpation too :D But if it's annoying, or you want to be able to accumulate your points from game to game, or whatever, sure mods can do it.

PancaKe
25th July 2004, 08:25 AM
we could make points n stuff, and then people with the most points could win tropheys or exchange them for prizes and stuff like that. That'd be pretty funky.

mr_pikachu
25th July 2004, 03:57 PM
What if we did something where the winner each time would host the next game? Or, alternatively, the winner of each question could come up with the next one, making things somewhat fair.

And I think it'd be fun to have an exchange-for-prizes thing. I'd like to start collecting something besides plushies and figurines (from down in PCG)... :D

Gavin Luper
25th July 2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks Tara :D, and everyone for replying and stuff.

I'm not sure who should actually make the questions and so on. It would involve the members more if they could come up with questions, but at the same time that would be frustrating in many ways.

I'll talk to you guys later, but at the moment, I agree with Tara that it should maybe be just the mods who come up with the questions, that way everyone else gets a shot at participating ... except the mods, which Ada pointed out. We'll have to talk abotu that. And the idea of trophies/prizes is definitely a good idea.

dratinihaunter13
26th July 2004, 08:01 PM
back. =) ummm, if it ends up being a mod-ran thing i could provide some older trivia ;). but i don't really see a problem with it being run like the hangman game in pcg, each winner asks the next trivia question (and yeah, if it's about a certain member then that member can't get the points). we can keep track of the points in the edited first post. it could run forever and ever amen

Gavin Luper
27th July 2004, 02:31 AM
Wow, the poll is really well balanced ;) ... like anyone's going to say no, really.

Anyways, it'd be great if you could provide some of the older stuff DH, being a veteran and all, if and when this starts up. I still don't know how it will work though, I'll have a look at the hangman game and see how that's going. anyway i'll talk to you and the girls later and we'll work something out.

cheers!

mr_pikachu
13th September 2004, 03:28 PM
Umm... Are you guys still going to start this game (or are you at least thinking about starting it)? If not, just tell me and I'll be more than happy to set it up myself. I think Fanfic could use a good game to lighten things up. :yes:

If you could just let me know what your plans are for it, it'd help me to know what I should do involving the game. Thanks in advance!