PDA

View Full Version : Ninjask Moveset:A non Baton Passing Ninjask

Crazy
20th July 2004, 09:45 AM
I currently have a LVL 47 Ninjask with the EVs in the right place. Now I just need a decent moveset.Don't suggest geeting it's egg move.

Ninjask LVL 48 Male:
Slash
Return(Help me replace this)
Double Team
Swords Dance

The strategy is obvious DOuble Team a few times power up my already good attack and strike.

andyizcool
20th July 2004, 10:06 AM
Where have you put all the EVs if you say they're in the right places? Also why don't you want it to be a Baton Passing Ninjask? Return is better than Slash because it has more Base Power but Slash has a 25% chance of critical hit so that's your personal choice. I also think Aerial Ace could be a good move on Ninjask if you missed Silver Wind from breeding.

Crazy
20th July 2004, 10:16 AM
I just don't want a Ninjask like everyone else which is why I don't want Batin Pass. I can't put Aerial Ace because I put it on my Swellow, gah!!!! Any other suggestions?

Chris 2.1
20th July 2004, 11:08 AM
That was a bit daft, seeing as Swellow learns the move itself :rolleyes:

Number1ChanseyFan
20th July 2004, 11:45 AM
Well, Baton Passing is really Ninjask's best role. Silver Wind would be nice, but since you don't want to breed, then that is not really an option. If you are not going to be Baton Passing, then stay away from moves like Swords Dance and Double Team. Ninjask is very fragile, so it won't last such a setup, and Double Team isn't going to help it against Aerial Ace. You can keep one of those moves, but don't bother trying to set both of them up.

For your moveset, I suppose that this would work.

Ninjask

Return
Shadow Ball
HP Ground, Rock, Fighting, or Flying/Swords Dance
Protect/Swords Dance
@Liechi Berry/Lum Berry/Leftovers.

Crazy
20th July 2004, 01:56 PM
That was a bit daft, seeing as Swellow learns the move itself :rolleyes:

IT DOES? I DON'T have a book, crap I wasted it. :swear:

Oh good moveset Number1chanseyfan, I will keep it.

rinku
20th July 2004, 06:36 PM
My old non-baton passing set is:

Aerial Ace
Silver Wind
Dig/HP Ground
Swords Dance/Double Team

However, from what you say this isn't going to be an option for you, even with breeding (you'll need Paras/Parasect to breed Aerial Ace into the bug breeding group - and you've already used your Aerial Ace TM).

I tend to disagree with N1CF slightly on Swords Dance/Double Team. Sure, you won't do any good with DT vs Aerial Ace, but it is a life-saver if they don't have it. Ninjask is usually tough enough to take one hit (except from Rock or a powerful Flying, Electric, Ice or Fire), and a single Swords Dance makes it a pretty handy sweeper if it gets a type advantage - having Flying, Bug and Ground attacks gives it a good chance of this.

Alternately, go for FOUR attacks and Choice Band, and use it as an assassin:

Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Silver Wind
Dig/HP Ground/Return

Crazy
21st July 2004, 10:56 AM
Hey thanks for the movesets but now I need a Slaking Moveset. Here is my current one.

Slaking(Male)LVL:36(Bashful)
Moveset:
Slash
Blizzard(A little odd but I have it to get rid of pesky rock types)
Hyper Beam
Swagger(Replace please)

P.S. Yes I know it has 2 5 PP moves,so could you help me with that?

KholdStare
21st July 2004, 11:31 AM
Slaking@Choice Band
Return
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Rock Slide/Brick Break/Flail

Hyper Beam sucks, why do you use it?

Slaking@Leftovers
Return
Earthquake/Amnesia
Shadow Ball/Amnesia
Rest

Number1ChanseyFan
21st July 2004, 11:32 AM
For Slaking, an EV spread of 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 6 HP works very well. Jolly is a nice personality, but if you don't want to raise another Slaking, then don't worry about it.

Hyper Beam/Return
Shadow Ball/Fire Blast
Earthquake
Brick Break/Focus Punch/Counter
@Choice Band/Leftovers. (Only use Choice Band if you use all physical attacks. If you use Fire Blast or Counter, then don't bother.)

I prefer Return over Hyper Beam, since you can switch out on Slaking's loafing turn. Sometimes people use Hyper Beam because the recharge turn doesn't hurt as much considering that Slaking only attacks every other turn. but using Hyper Beam will still prevent you from switching out on Slaking's loafing turn. As for Shadow Ball/Fire Blast, Shadow Ball would be a lot better, but if you use your Shadow Ball TM on Ninjask, then Fire Blast would probably be the next best choice. Counter isn't really the best move either, but I have it listed as a substitute if you used up your Brick Break or Focus Punch TMs.

rinku
21st July 2004, 09:29 PM
Hey thanks for the movesets but now I need a Slaking Moveset. Here is my current one.

Slaking(Male)LVL:36(Bashful)
Moveset:
Slash
Blizzard(A little odd but I have it to get rid of pesky rock types)
Hyper Beam
Swagger(Replace please)

P.S. Yes I know it has 2 5 PP moves,so could you help me with that?

Ice moves aren't supereffective vs Rock - they are vs Rock/Ground but that's only because of the Ground part of the type. Better bet is to give it a fighting move for anti-rock work. N1CF's set is prety much all there is to be said, though I don't much go for Focus Punch on Slaking since it wastes its speed advantage and is too easily countered without an immobilising move such as Yawn or Encore - more of a strategy for Vigroth than Slaking IMHO.
Shadow Ball is pretty nifty - any Normal type with a Ghost attack makes a great Ghost Buster, and Slaking is one of the better ones.