PDA

View Full Version : Last updated 9/13/04, no matter what the title says. Grr.

Agent Elrond
21st July 2004, 07:00 PM
So, my favorite medium to work in is colored pencils, I have this huge black book that I do one pencil drawing a month in, with the idea that in about five years I will have filled the whole thing up. I started it back in 2001, and the stuff was pretty crappy, then I got my hands on some Prismacolors, and then they weren't so crappy. Lately though they have been getting good enough for me to show off, so here we are!

I'm posting these in all their 200 kb + glory, so I'll just give the links so they don't stall anyone's comp, tee hee.

Big White Eagle to the Rescue! (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Gandlyn-Kierel-and-Marilda.jpg)

Contents: Gandlyn, (one in green) Kierel, (one in feathers) and Marilda. (One screaming her head off.)

Comments: The idea was, Marilda is very good at getting into trouble, and Gandlyn and Kierel are pretty good at getting her out of it, but not always in the nicest possible way. ^_~ Gandlyn is Marilda's Uncle, and Kierel is Gandlyn's Great Big Woop-*** Eagle. Colored in pencil, the clouds were taken from life, I'm pleased with the way they came out. :yes:

Just a couple of Gods... (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Telmark-and-Miggi.jpg)

Contents: Miggi, (small one sitting) and Telmark. (Dude in blue, standing.) Also a random white raven, I have a thing for white birds, no?

Comments: They may not look it, but they are gods. Really. Miggi's real name is Menim and his true form is a giant Earth Dragon, Telmark's not a dragon, but he can still be pretty inpressive. This is one of my favorite pictures, I did it in only three days. o.O Most of the time these drawings take almost a week... Note: Telmark is actually based off a firend of mine, hence the detailed face. I just gave him a blond wig and put him in a blue tunic, and walla! (He doesn't know I did this though... so no telling, 'Kay?)

Well, that's all for now, I currently have a backlog of pieces, as I fell behind in my one drawing per month schedule and have been having to play catch up, so I'll be posting them over the next few days. Or sooner depending on how many "I WANT MORE NOW!" demands I recieve. After that I'll up date this thread every time I have a new pic ready, so watch out for it. ^_^

Now, in the words of Susan Rocket: I live off of praise: FEED ME!
8) :wave:

Susan_Rocket
22nd July 2004, 05:07 AM
The Eagle one is really astounding, wickedly drawn. The guy who hangs under it looks scared (Whoops! watch out for that treetop :p ) Everything looks so real :o the background, the gods, the eagle...even the clothing who's 'dancing' in the wind :o

Telmark and Miggi are looking strangely real :o And yet again a white bird ^^ teehee. how cute. And yet again, everything looks so real, the sky is super wicked and even the tree o.O;; whoa
100000000000/10 cos it's just to damn cool!!! =D

Agent Elrond
22nd July 2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words Susan, I'm glad to hear somebody likes them. :D

Now, on to the main event:

Fun with sparklies! (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Tobias-Leander.jpg)

Contents: Tobias Leander, and a few of his shinies...

Comments: Tobias is this strange chracter I came up with as a result of watching "My Neighbor Totoro" and reading "The Thirteen Clocks" in the same day. Heh. He's a happy, fun loving kind of guy, likes telling riddles and playing practical jokes. His body is a cross between a rabbit, a fox, and a kangaroo. He wears a monocle just for show, as he doesn't need it. The background is a little weird, the lighting is not realistic at all, but it was still fun to do. I just like the idea of suburban houses nesting at the base of this imperious mountain. :nut:

Teh M00n!!!! (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Jaiko-Karo-Moon.jpg)

Contents: Teh moon!!111 Also Jaiko, (human looking one) and Karo, (the NOT human looking one).

Comments: Okay, I confess, the only reason I did this drawing was for the moon. I got it off a screen shot of an Inu-Yasha episode and it looked so cool I had to try it myself. I think it didn't turn out half bad, eh? Jaiko and Karo are old characters of mine, but I haven't posted pics of them since last year... so... Jaiko is a she, btw, and Karo is a water dragon. Be sure and scroll down and admire the grass, I hate drawing grass but I managed to make it look good this time. ^_^

Sooo, that's all for now, I'll update this again when the next pic(s) are ready. Enjoy! *waits for more food*

:wave:

Agent Elrond
26th July 2004, 11:13 AM
*comes in* *looks around*

HEEELOOOOOOO! *listens to the echo*

Um... okay, gotta a new one here, I just finished it a few days ago.

Peace is in the Deaf (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Fenn-and-Theanu.jpg)

Contents: Fenn, (human with black hair) Theanu, (human with white hair) Hunis, (buckskin horse) and Theonar (bay horse).

Comments: Okay, this one was A LOT of work, but I'm happy with the result. The clouds were tricky, and the shading on the hills used up about an inch of green pencil alone... but I think it was worth it. Hee heh. The idea with the scene was that Fenn has torn her coat again, and has made Theanu mend it. Theanu's not to happy about how Fenn treats her clothing and is telling her so. ("It was a nice coat Fenn! How could you?!") (Yes, both Fenn and Theanu are female, incase you couldn't tell. >.>) Oh yeah, and note the white raven from my earlier pic has turned balck and reappeared! I think it's planning to do something unpleasant to Fenn... o.O

Anyway, I'd apreciate some comments, constructive criticisms, what have you all. I've just started coloring my next pic, so that should be up in a few days. *evil laughter* There shall be no end to the horror!

Bye now, let me know what'cha think! :wave:

ralts_mudkip
27th July 2004, 12:42 PM
Agent Elrond! you're back!
and your front, your side, and your other side! (bad joke)

"Teh Moon"

That Moon looks realy great, and the shading job on Karo realy smooth, great pencil work there.
Jaiko's face looks a little difrent from what I had last seen though.

"Peace is in the deaf"

Again, wonderful pencil work that could be mistaken for oil paint (can't you tell i'm jealous?). ^_^
And Theanu's expresion is priceles I tell you! :lol:
I don't realy understand the title though.

Keep up the Eye-Poping artwork!

Agent Elrond
28th July 2004, 05:06 PM
Hiya RM! :wave:

Yeah, Jaiko's face is a little different... mostly because last time I drew her was when I couldn't draw human faces. :P

Oh yeah, "Peace is in the Deaf" is sort of a twisted title, it came out of the phrase "God is in the Details" .... .... so, "Peace is in the Deaf". The "deaf being Fenn, after all, she's over 200 years old and, like anyone else over 60, can go deaf on demand... even if she is a demi-god. This way she remains blissfully ignorant of Theanu's lecture. "Peace is in the Deaf" there you go!

Big, white, FLUFFINESS! (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Hikatsu-and-Garome.jpg)

Contents: No, it's not Sesshoumaru. It's Hikatsu (the big white and fluffy) and Garome. (Human-ish one.)

Comments: Okay, I admit, the fluffies were inspired by Sesshoumaru's boa, so kill me. But the idea is, Hikatsu and Garome are really shapeshifters, each can be a huge doglike monster (called Taikyo) or humanesque, although their doggy ears and long, fluffy tails carry over from the Taikyo form. Garome wears her's wrapped around her shoulders to keep it dragging on the ground. Hikatsu is much more crude, as you can see he's just letting it flop any old where. >.>

Hikatsu and Garome are brother and sister, they, and the creatures called Taikyo, are © to ME! Bwahahahaha!

Now then, if you could reach deep down into your soul and maybe, possibly, consider posting your comments? Please? I'd apreciate it. :) :wave:

Krystalline Kabutops
28th July 2004, 07:01 PM
Good stuff, all very mythical-feeling. I'd print them all out and stick 'em on my wall, but my mom won't go out and pick up more thumbtacks. Damn thumbtacks ><

Soneko
29th July 2004, 09:35 PM
You had to dare me. -.-

Big White Eagle to the Rescue! I seriously hope thats a griffon, not an eagle. o.o Anyhow, the uh, eagle, is awesome. I love the blue shading on it, and the shading on the beak is great too. The shading on the whole piccy is awesome. The clothing is my favorite part here, its shaded amazingly.

Just a couple of Gods... Miggi is so cute. ^^; The raven is cuter, of coarse, but thats to be expected. It seems like they're connected, cause the hair is the same color, and they're eyes seem to be shaped the same. I love the tree in the backround too, its shaded amazingly well... trees are so hard. X_x

Fun with sparklies! First thing I noticed- if the left foot (viewers left, Tobias's right) is in the position I think it is, then pawpads should be seen. Ney? ^^; Otherwise, this is adorable... The lighty shiny is awesome. I think the shinies could glow maybe, they seem kinda solid (are they? o.o). You shade awesome. x_x

Teh M00n!!!! The moon DOES look nice. ^^; I like Karo more though, cause Im usually more fond of living things then... nonliving things. o.o Yeah. The shading on her/him is awesome, I like how you can see the spine. ^^; And the red claws... And the shading. The grass is awesome too.

Peace is in the Deaf o.o Long brown horsie. Reeally long... Could be an illusion or trick of the eye, cause of the tree... but I still think that the butt shoudnt be seen, or at least not that much. ^_^;; Other then that though, its awesome. I love the shading (well I do. ;_; ) and the backround is great, with the grass and the mountains and all. I really like the expression on the brown horsie, kinda motherlike-amused (I hope its a female x_x).

Big, white, FLUFFINESS! Thats firkin' adorable. x_x I think perhaps the chest should be lower down, under the front paws... it looks somewhat unateral currently. Er... I cant explain it. x_X Look at attachment to see what I mean. But other then that I think its adorable, perhaps moreso because it reminds me of a ferret (and who can resist the beauty of a ferret, eh?) I really like the tiny trees, they make everything seem really big. ^_^;

Err, incase you didnt notice. I dont like commenting on humans. ._.; Humans = no. ^^;

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mew Trainer Rose
30th July 2004, 12:30 AM
O_O Ooooo...I love the way you draw, en especially how you color. I really ought to get myself some Prismacolors, Crayola just isn't cutting it anymore. I especially like the non-human creatures. I tend to like animals. ^_^; The white eagle reminds me of a white Roc I ran into once during a D&D game. the eagle's much nicer, tho; the Roc tried to kill us. :/

Agent Elrond
14th August 2004, 03:50 PM
Yes, the thread lives! I have more pics!

But first:

Krystalline Kabutops: Don't worry, there's always tape! (That's what I use. ^^)

Soneko: Thank soo much for the loverly comments! *glomps* Yes, Miggi and the raven are connected, Miggi was the one that created the white ravens in the first place!.... Yup, it's a long brown horsie, I drew it that way on purpose as some horses I know of are that long, and I was basing it off of them. Now that you mention it does look a little strange with the tree in front, but oh well. *shrugs* ... Yeah, I suppose Hikatsu does look a bit unnatural, I was trying to show that his shoulders are all hunched up and his neck is bent down, and that in itself is a rather odd pose, so it does look a little weird at first. ^_^;;

Mew Trainer Rose: Yes, the white eagle is probably much nicer than any Roc you'll ever find in D&D. Her namem is Kierel, and she likes to fly around blizzards and eat cheese. ^^

Now, onto the PICTURES!!!!!

Offically Jaiko (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Jaiko-Gazaki.jpg)

Contents: Jaiko... again.

Comments: I've felt for a long time that Jaiko needed an Official type of art, so I drew her one. I have her with her demon blade out so you can really see all of the detail on it, other than that nothing much special about this one.

Peaceful Sunset (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/Induna-and-Gabby.jpg)

Contents: Induna, (in red) and Gabby, (with guitar) sitting on the back of a Mazarael.

Comments: Induna and Gabby are characters from a novel I am currently writing, along with the Mazarael. Mazarael are a kind of forest monster which are really quite nice and gentle creatures even though they look like extras from horror movies. I like making beasties like that, I can't help it! >.< This one took me seven days to finish, o.O but I'm happy with the result. The one thing that bugs me is that lighting on Induna's face. She is supposed to be dark skinned, but the way I drew it you cannot see the highlighting from the sunlight. Arg. I like how Gabby's hair turned out tho.

That's all for now, I'll update this again when September's pic is ready. Comments always welcome! :wave:

Sunfirewolf
14th August 2004, 04:20 PM
I believe what I like the most about your picture is the angle you have your background. It gives real feel of the eagle soaring through the air. I love the colors you chose. And the pose give a strong sense of the action. It's a good job. :D

Definately worth showing off.

Warrior_Wargreymon
16th August 2004, 05:05 AM
Ahhh!

*Passes out!*

YOUR COLOURING ROCKS MAN! Holy ^%7@*!!!11

I'm serious! Each pic must take you like, 29 hours at least! You're shading and use of colours is so nice, omg. I love it. Marry me! XD

Anywho, the backgrounds and everything are seriously awesome. The angles and shadows and everything are sooo good! The effect with the streetlight on the 'Fun with sparklies!' one is really cool. And in 'Peace is in the Deaf', the bags look really lose and -- I don't know -- real. Hikatsu looks awesome. XD He looks like a weasel.

Bottom line: you backgrounds and shading and everything is wonderful. I don't have any patience for backgrounds. @_@ *Envies*

ralts_mudkip
24th August 2004, 07:49 PM
I'm serious! Each pic must take you like, 29 hours at least! You're shading and use of colours is so nice, omg. I love it. Marry me! XDUmm, I'm sure she doesn't mind, but you know she's a girl, right?

… RIGHT??? :sweat2:

Agent Elrond
13th September 2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, and I'm glad you like the pics! :D

Warrior_Wargreymon: I have one word for you: *SMOOCH!* ^_^;;

Now then, an example of what happens when I am left alone in a room with a graphite pencil, paper, and my box of prismacolors.

A Girl's Best Friend (http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/i/2004/257/5/3/A_Girl__s_Best_Friend__by_Agent_Elrond.jpg)

Contents: Two original characters, Keikomaru (in kimono) and Sankotsu (scary demon bird).

Comments: Sankotsu was a royal pain in the frickin' behind to color... but it came out well, so it was worth it. :D I like the clouds, and how Keikomaru's kimono came out.

About the characters: Keikomaru is an odd demon/human mix, having traits of both but being niether. Her name means "graceful child pearl" in Japanese. Sankotsu is a real demon, and Keikomaru's faithful pet, vessal, thing. It's name mean "horrible corpse" in Japanese, which doesn't really fit, and it's real name is probably something completely different.

Keikomaru and Sankotsu are © ME!

Enjoy, and leave a comment! :wave: