PDA

View Full Version : A New Breed of Hero (Sign-Ups)

Krystalline Kabutops
21st July 2004, 10:14 PM
You're just a normal teen, going about your daily life. Nothing out of the ordinary ever happens, until one day, a man in a black trenchcoat appears in your bedroom. Naturally, you're rather surprised and somewhat indignant, but he stifles your tirade by telling you that he is a member of a government association based on human enhancement and modification (HEMA). He tells you that you have been chosen to be a test subject in a new experiment. Before you can call 911, something pricks your neck and you fall unconcious. WHen you awake, you're floating in a sphere, seeming to defy gravity. You realize that you have changed drastically. The man in the coat enters the room that you are in (along with several other teens in the same predicament), and informs you that the experiment was succsessful. However, HEMA has underestimated how extensively they have enhanced you. You (and your fellow experiments) break out of your containment chambers, and escape the facility. From there, you must find a way to survive out in the harsh world. Slowly you realize that, Whether you like it or not, you've been given a gift. How are YOU going to use it?

Yeah, pretty brisk plot, but whatever. Anyway, onto the Sign-Up form.

Before:

Name: ....
Personality: Try to make it decently descriptive so that people don't have to guess at how your character would react in any given situation.
Physical Appearence: Just your characters body. Hair, eyes, build, whatever.
Clothing: What does your character wear?
History: Not nessacary, but it helps explain what makes your character tick.
Relationships: Do you know any of the other characters? If so, how?
Other: Yes, the much-hated Other.

After:

Super-Hero Alias: What names does your character use when they're on the job?
Physical Appearence: What's different about how you look after the experiment? You have a lot of leeway here. As long as your character is still human, it's fine by me.
Powers: Nothing Oober powerful, like killing anyone you look at or something. Just post what you think is appropriate, and I'll tell you if it needs toning down or not.
Costume: Kinda speaks for itself.... Just try to avoid using a costume that's been taken by a super-hero already.
Other: Has your character's dispostion changed? Anything like that would go here.

My card:

Before:

Name: Gelltor Marshank (Free cookies to whoever can tell me what books those are from and what/who they are!)
Personality: He can be cold to people he doesn't know, and talks little. However, around people he knows, he can be either very outgoing or very hard to get along with, depending on your standing with him. He has a very weak will, and a very guilty conscience.
Physical Appearence: He's pretty skinny and not very athletic. Still, he's a great climber and can run exceptionally fast for short distance. His hair is blonde with black highlights (o_O;) and he's rather tall. His eyes are steely grey.
Clothing: He's usually seen wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts along with sandals and a backwards baseball cap during summer, while during winter he switches out his cargo shorts and sandals for jeans and leather hiking boots.
History: He grew up living and breathing comic books and super-heroes. He has a good family, with one brother, a mom and dad, and waaaaay too many animals. His room is full to bursting with snakes, lizards, frogs, toads, salamanders, tarantulas, scorpions, and the like.
Relationships: Knows Kira from school.
Other: *Dumps in vat of boiling french fry grease*

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Arachnophobia
Physical Appearence: He looks the same, except that he's got 4 mechanical tentacles welded to a harness that's connected to his spinal cord. (Think Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2)
Powers: Umm... He's got four huge mechanical tentacles welded around his waist? They can act independantly of him, elongate, change the size of their three "fingers" to suit his needs, propel darts out of their center, among other things...
Costume: He still wears cargo shorts, but he can't get any shirts to fit on him anymore, and he wears boots with metal bottoms (Think Beast Boy from Teen Titans).
Other: He actually LIKES his new limbs xD

I think I'm gonna limit this to eight people, myself included. That means only seven spaces are left. If you want in, GET CRACKIN'!

Crystal Tears
21st July 2004, 10:46 PM
Before:

Name: Kira Kietsu
Personality: Very very shy, though she is usally kind and caring, she can get very agressive and out going fast. Shes a fast thinker, and can usually get out of situations quickly. Bright but not overly smart, she would defend someone she ddin't even know with her life, because she believes everyone deserves a second chance.
When someone gets to know her, she can be a very good friend, always ready to here both sides of the story.
Physical Appearence:
Shes not very tall, being 5'5 she tends to think people look down on her because of her height, she has dark brown hair, that has a slight wave to it, and It's shoulder length. She skin has a nice tan to it, that makes her emerald eyes stand out even more.
Her body quite fit, though what she wears hides it.
Clothing: Usual wears light blue jeans, and a pink shirt, with a white sweater over top. (one with a zipper), and blue and white sneakers. She also has sunglasses that she LOVES.
History: She grew up with a very loud family, and she kinda got sick of them thinking she has to be this perfect loud girl with a great body. She worked very hard to please them, but after a while she gave up. She had the body and the perfect grades, but she hated the loud noises that her parents made, so she went silent, and grew to be shy.
Rest TBR (more of I need to thyink of more..)
Relationships: err.. Knows Gelltor a little.
Other: er...

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Kiratoshi
Physical Appearence: Her body is normal.. Well most of the time, she as a blue jewel implanted into her forehead and two smaller ones on her hands. At any time, she can activate it and her body becomes covered in biologic armour. At that point, the armour covers her face weirdly, showing only the bodily outline.
Her eyes, which are covered by a wierd orange eye like slits. At that point, wierd orange lines appear, showing what seemed to be wear the amour joined.
Powers: Has super human strong, being able to lift somehow to 4-7 tones, and 2 - 3 tones when not in amour.
Costume: At any time, she can activate it and her body becomes covered in biologic armour. At that point, the armour covers her face weirdly, showing only the bodily outline.
Her eyes, which are covered by a wierd orange eye like slits. At that point, wierd orange lines appear, showing what seemed to be wear the amour joined.
Other: Hates her power, wishes she could be normal again.

Mystic_clown
22nd July 2004, 05:10 AM
Save me a spot please.

Heald
22nd July 2004, 06:48 AM
Before:

Name: Lee Hunter
Personality: Sometimes appears as a balance between fun and serious, although those who know him know that he can get too serious for his own good. A fairly high ego, he can sometimes be annoying, but he is always ready for a fight, superpowered or not. A bit of a hothead in any case.
Physical Appearance: Short dark brown hair, blue eyes, about 5' 10", not a large build at all.
Clothing: Baggy dark blue jeans, a black sleeveless shirt and black boots.
History: A fairly normal guy, he has an older sister and he is in a teen rock band at school.
Relationships: Nope. But others but know him.
Other: Plays the guitar.

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Werewolf
Physical Appearence: His hair is much longer, darker with black streaks, but still mainly brown. Hie eyes are now green in colour and look much more aware. He is far more muscular.
Powers: Has gain almost bestial powers. All his senses have been heightened and he is stronger and faster. However, his main power is more obvious...he transforms into a wolfman. This can happen either voluntarily, in which case he has a lot more control of himself. However, if he in angered, he can transform, and the clincher is that he has no control over himself if he is angered.
Costume: Has no costume as such but his wolfman form is about 8 feet tall, covered in dark brown fur and hair. His eyes are red in colour. Large and muscular and sharp, large teeth. His voice changes in wolfman form as well, turning into a much angrier, growling voice. As for his clothes...his shirt and boots normally rip right off, so he normally takes these off before he transforms, but his trousers only rip at the bottom, so he wears ripped jean shorts in wolfman form.
Other: Nope.

Krystalline Kabutops
22nd July 2004, 07:54 AM
Crystal Tears: Looks good. In.
Heald: A wolfman? Eh, why not. In as well.
M_c: No, I'm sorry. I've seen you reserve spots in many RPGs, and you never post your Sign-Up. I'm going to keep the spaces open for people who will actually JOIN the RPG.

Mystic_clown
23rd July 2004, 02:44 AM
Fair enough.

Before:

Name: Juleon Jekyl
Personality: He's usally a bit of a loner, not a talkative kinda guy. He's quite intelligent, which usually labels him as a nerd, but he doesn't let that bother him. He's actually strong willed, although it doesn't seem that way.
Physical Appearence: He's tall with a lean build. He;s got quite a pale complexion. He's got wild, untidy hair and blue eyes.
Clothing: He wears a black shirt, a wite coat with blue patches on the elbows, black leather pants and sneakers
History: He was born in England, his parents divorcde just after he was born and lived with his mother. Since then, he feels unloved and has taken a disliking to humanity.
Relationships:
Other:

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Mr Hyde
Physical Appearence: He's got two forms (hope that's okay?)
1: the same as before.
2: His hair is black, his eyes are blood red and his skin has a tint of green. His fingernails aer longer and he becomes much muscular. Juleon turns into this form when he drinks a chemical which carries with him.
Powers: While he's in his second form he becomes faster and stronger. He's also very durable (ex; if he fell from a building, he'd survive) and can also spit acid. Sometimes though, he cannot control this form and becomes a psychopath called, you guessed it, Mr Hyde.
Costume: When he becomes mister Hyde, he's wearing an ugly black suit, black pants, black shoes and an ugly looking, black tie (don't ask where he got them).
Other: He keeps hearing a voice in his head telling him to kill people (guess who).

Krystalline Kabutops
23rd July 2004, 11:21 AM
M_c: Alright, he's in.

Kojiro
23rd July 2004, 11:54 AM
Ohh, I wanna join!

Before:

Name: Taylor Rose
Personality: Very bubbly and friendly personality. He is very hyper and loves to talk about anythign he can think of. He treats everyone with niceness and respect, unless they are a villain.
Physical Appearence: He is average height, and average weight. Has shoulder length purple hair.
Clothing: Always wears his trademark tye-dye volleyball shirt. Wears black with white striped shorts.
History: Taylor has a very tough life. He has 4 sisters, which all are popular and overshadow him in every way possible. He is always getting teased at school and beat up. His dream is to become a cheerleader, but is too adfraid too try because of peer pressure. He likes to watch Anime and play on the computer. He is very intelligent when it comes too battle strategies, becuase he plays so much RPGs
Relationships: None
Other: He has a very high pitch voice, and uses feminime mannerisms.
(Most of this stuff reflects the real me, cept purple hair and the sister thing)

After:

Super-Hero Alias: The Violet Rose
Physical Appearence: He looks pretty much the same, except his hair grows a foot longer.
Powers: He has the standard flying and super speed, he can also charge up a energy ball, then spikes it like a volleyball. Can perform "cheers" which can heal his friends, slowd down the opponent. Knows alot of kicks, and can kick 5 times per 5.7 seconds. Can shoot roses at people.
Costume: A purple jumpsuit, with high-heels.
Other: His personality is pretty much the same, and puts no effort into hiding his powers.

Krystalline Kabutops
23rd July 2004, 12:07 PM
Kojiro: Don't see you around RPG too often o_o' In, I surpose.

Kojiro
23rd July 2004, 12:10 PM
Well since, have alot of times on my hand lately, I decided to join a RPG for once. You know, to try it, besides, if I am gonna be a actor when I grow up, I need to practice Role Playing.

The only days I can't RP are Saturdays and Sundays, but everytime else is okay with me.

BTW, Onigoori rocks!

Amethyst Flygon
26th July 2004, 02:28 PM
I am finally back and my computer is slower than ever. Oh well, it beats having over a wekk of no internet because of a glitchy computer.

Before:

Name:
Liz Thena
Personality:
Liz is nice and tries to do what she can to help others out. If faced with a situation where she would probably be seriously injured, she’ll probably try to flee, but she is dependable for most other things. She hates it when people act superior to her, but she can accept it when some one is better suited than her to take care of a problem. Liz likes to stand out in a crowd, but she hates to be the only center of attention.
Physical Appearence:
Liz is just about average height for her age. Her hair is a golden blond that goes to half way down her back and green eyes. She doesn’t have very strong legs, but she is really good at hitting stuff with objects like baseball bats and tennis rackets. She has a medium tan from a recent vacation to the beach.
Clothing:
Liz likes to cycle through a lot of different clothes. She doesn’t wear the latest fashions, but her clothes can be rather flashy. At the time when she was abducted, Liz was wearing a highlighter-yellow, sort-sleeved blouse/shirt thing with black shorts. Her shoes are plain white sneakers and white socks.
History:
Liz grew up with her dad and a younger sister. Her parents divorced when she was really young. She has a black cat with green eyes that they found as a stray. She has some cousins that live in a nearby neighborhood and she visits them often. She went to a normal school and was on the tennis team.
Relationships:
Totally open. Just about any relationship will be accepted.
Other:
The name is the same as my main Sim.

After:

Super-Hero Alias:
Voltage
Physical Appearence:
Her hair has gotten closer to a crayon yellow than blond. It kind of sticks up and can get frizzy while using her powers. Because of that, she cut it to a bit above the shoulders. Nothing else has really changed, except that it looks like sparks are coming out of her eyes when she is very angry.
Powers:
Liz can detect electricity and has moderate control over it. She can make stuff turn on and off, but hasn’t figured out how to do more complicated things to technology with her powers. She’s gotten a lot faster and can shoot low-power lightning. She can zap some one with enough power to knock them out, but that’s about it. She can also cling to metal surfaces.
Costume:
She likes to wear clothes that are yellow. She prefers if they are resistant to electricity, because it gets annoying when her shirt is stuck to her.
Other:
She is not based off of Static Shock.

Krystalline Kabutops
26th July 2004, 04:16 PM
AF: In. Nice to hear your comp is working again :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that leaves 2 spots left....

MarillTogepi
26th July 2004, 07:40 PM
Mind if I take one of those two spots? I've been looking to revamp a character I played for a short while on another site.

Before:

Name: Rin Moore
Personality: Generally a sweet young woman, Rin is charming and very bubbly. She's not an airhead, however. Beyond all of that is a very keen mind. She tends to stand up for her friends and people who are being picked on, and is not afraid to argue with anyone. Has a warped sense of humor and can generally be a pain in the neck, but she's very good natured about any pranks she pulls. She doesn't like to cause harm to anyone.
Physical Appearence: Rin's a little tall for her age. She has blonde hair, rather close to platinum in shade, which goes down to her shoulders and naturally curls at the ends, and baby blue eyes with a hint of darker blue. She's slender and very athletic, having been on the track team for several years at her school. Her skin is naturally pale, but she tans every once in a while.
Clothing: Generally bright colors. At the time of her abduction, she was wearing a blue t-shirt with Tweety on the front and blue jeans. Her shoes are black with bright blue stripes, and light blue socks.
History: The youngest of 5, all brothers. Her family moved from place to place for the first few years of her life, finally settling down when she entered middle school. She attended a normal high school, and (like mentioned before) was on the track team. She has a female lutino (yellow-white) cockatiel, named Phoenix.
Relationships: Open.
Other:

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Winter
Physical Appearence: Her hair lightens to a brilliant white, and gets longer, now reaching the small of her back. Her eyes turn bright pink. Her skin lightens until it's snow white, unable to hold any sort of tan. In short, she becomes an albino. She wears contacts that make her eyes icy blue, dark-tinted sunglasses with blue frames, and plenty of sunscreen. Her skin also feels cool to the touch.
Powers: She can control and manipulate ice and snow, and can also fly. She can form snowballs in her hands, and has also learned to "coat" items in her hands with a sheet of ice. She's also learned to form ice in her hands in the shape of baseball bats. She can freeze things, if she touches them with bare skin for a period of time, even less if it's a metallic object.
Costume: A swimsuit-style suit, with a high collar and no sleeves, in black and ice-blue. Elbow-length gloves and thigh-high heeled boots, both black with ice-blue trim. Over all this, she wears a black hooded cloak that brushes against the ground, fastened with a silver brooch studded with icy blue topazes, in the shape of a snowflake.
Other: She's become shyer and more withdrawn since her abduction, and doesn't trust very easily.

Krystalline Kabutops
26th July 2004, 07:53 PM
MarillTogepi: In. Nice idea on the albino thing :D

If anyone wants to have a second char, I suppose you could grab the last spot so that we can get this RPG on the road....

Darkmaster Kagemusha
27th July 2004, 12:28 PM
Before:

Name: Gabriel Morgan
Personality: Generally regarded as a psycho in school, he doesn't really talk much to anyone other than close friends. He pretty much stays by himself and doesn't offer much in the way of advice, though he likes to listen to people's problems and keep their secrets.
Physical Appearence: 6'1" tall and of average build for his height. He has short light brown hair that he keeps spiked and shorter on the sides. His eyes are a brown so dark that sometimes they look black, and in some lights they look red. He's a little better than average looking, but doesn't think so.
Clothing: Baggy clothing that doesn't have bright colors on it, but he's not too picky otherwise.
History: His childhood was fine, his family was fine. His mind is rather warped because he made it that way. He's determined to prevent his lifestyle from being governed by his childhood, because if that were the case he'd be a very happy, normal person. After about the age of 10 he stayed in his room and manipulated his creativity with writing and drawing, and he warped his own mind. Most people in high school consider him to be evil, but some of the people in high school come to him with their problems because he'll listen. He likes to know as much as he can about everything, so he doesn't mind hearing people's problems and fears. His high school life is basically one of seclusion, darkness, and creativity.
Relationships: Open

After:

Super-Hero Alias: Nightmare
Physical Appearence: The same as before, but his eyes are black with red pupils and red flecks in them.
Powers: Shapeshifting + telepathy. He can change his body in any way he wants, with limitations, and then send a strong feeling of fear into your mind.
Costume: Black pants, black sleeveless shirt, black leather boots, and a black cloak.
Other: He's pretty much the same

Krystalline Kabutops
27th July 2004, 12:31 PM
DK: In. Sounds kinda like a boggart to me..... o.O'

Darkmaster Kagemusha
27th July 2004, 08:45 PM
This may sound stupid, but what's a boggart?

Krystalline Kabutops
27th July 2004, 10:22 PM
This may sound stupid, but what's a boggart?

Creature from Harry Potter. It turns into whatever it's victim fears most.