PDA

View Full Version : Oh beautiful Scyther............

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 07:07 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the boards, but am a veteran(back from post-US Pokemon days), and used to be RocketScyther on several other boards. I came here for new info on Ruby/Sapphire(I had taken a leave from Pokemon for almost two years now), and was dissapointed to hear that Scyther, my favorite Pokemon, would not appear in Ruby/Sapphire, HOWEVER I am exited to hear about his data being in the game, which means that he will be available one day. But lets get to the point. I want to create a powerful Scyther(NOT Scizor) that is used for offense(I'm not interested in a Baton Passing build). So, lets get to work!

Scyther(nickname not yet determined) Type: Bug/Flying >>>(Help?)

Moves:
Hyper Beam
Silver Wind(learned through breeding)
Wing Attack
Rain Dance(maybe Double Team or Swords Dance?)

Also, anyone know what his bug sense power does?(most if not all bugs seem to share this power)

Suggestions appreciated,
Rocket Scyther

Green_Pikachu
2nd December 2002, 07:10 PM
what would be the point in rain dance there?

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 07:13 PM
Doesn't it halve fire damage?

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 07:24 PM
My apologies for the double post, but I have another question. Silver Wind is a Bug move with only 60 power and 5pp. There must be another effect to it, but could anyone tell me what it is(and I'm REALLY interested in what its special characteristic does)?

Scizor Master
2nd December 2002, 07:52 PM
Scizor's my fav,and Scyther rocks too, so I'm mad about no Scyther in this game. However, I would recommend using Scizor, he is much better than Scyther. Good move choices though.

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks, DarkScizor. I like Scizor, too, but Scyther IS my favorite, and I prefer his speed(I like fast attackers) over Scizors lower speed. Besides, using your favorites is more fun! BTW, anyone know why Scyther can learn Sunny Day and RainDance in RS?

Scizor Master
2nd December 2002, 09:49 PM
Well, the reason is because most Pokemon can learn those two moves. Rain Dance is the only useful of the 2 that I can see for Scyther,though

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 09:52 PM
BTW, how useful do you find RainDance? I know about the half fire, but on someone with lower health and average defences, will the turn of putting up a RainDance help in any situation other than in 2-on-2(setting up for an attack with your(hopefully fast) Water-type teamate)?

HeerosMuffin
3rd December 2002, 11:04 AM
i personally dont hink sycther with rain dance is a good idea. you're only thinking of his bug weakness to fire, and ignoreing his flying half. When rain dance is used your oppenant could switch out and user an electric pokemon or a pokemon with thunder, and completely destroy sycther, since rain dance gives thunder and thunder bolt 100 % accuracy

Scizor Master
3rd December 2002, 11:10 AM
I'd say it depends on who you're fighting. A smart trainer will switch to an ice or electric type, but against a mediocre trainer, it probably would help

Odin89
3rd December 2002, 01:46 PM
Where's Scyther in R/S?

RocketScyther
3rd December 2002, 06:27 PM
Well, GameFreak decided that it was a good idea to take the(oh so obviously) coolest Pokemon in its history out for a(hopefully short) vacation. I'm going to go cry now.........

Anyways, I'm back. I will definetly cut Rain Dance, probably for Swords Dance(forgot about that whole Thunder thingy). Last I heard, Swords Dance'd Hyper Beams where some good;) . Now, two more things: First, ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THE HECK SILVER WIND DOES? Second, would anyone out there help with a complementary team for Scyther? The only other Pokemon I really want are the RS Fire Starters final stage, and the Pidgey replacements final stage, so I need at least an idea of what TYPE of Pokemon should round out the team, and their purpose(i.e. Hazer), not NECESSARILY the actual Pokemon.

Green_Pikachu
3rd December 2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by HeerosMuffin
i personally dont hink sycther with rain dance is a good idea. you're only thinking of his bug weakness to fire, and ignoreing his flying half. When rain dance is used your oppenant could switch out and user an electric pokemon or a pokemon with thunder, and completely destroy sycther, since rain dance gives thunder and thunder bolt 100 % accuracy

actually, rain dance has no affect on thunderbolt, and only makes thunder's accuracy 99.6....