PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Best (Which is you fave. Pokemon Movie)

Serenity-Artemis
24th July 2004, 04:08 PM
I know is this stupld but I want to know what everbody fave. Pokemon Movies were for fave. to lastet

My are...
1. Pokemon 2000: The Power of One (becsuae it as Professor Samuel Oak and Professor Felina Ivy and Delia Ketchum, Ash, Tracey and no Brock)
2. Pokemon 4ever: Celebi, Voice of the Forest ( I think it because you start to learn a little about Samuel Oak)
3. Pokemon 3: Lord of the Unknow Town (Delia Ketchum and Molly is so cute)
4. Pokemon the first Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (Mew and learn Mewtwo's Voice)
5. Pokemon 5: Pokemon Heroes (Latias & Latios)
6. Pokemon 6: Jirachi - Wish Waker (I guess I like Jirachi & Groundon)
7. Pokemon 7: Visitior Of the Space Fissure (I only saw some sence for it, but it is cool and Ray. and Deos. are so cute. but because I have not saw ther whole moive it in last place)

Crazy
24th July 2004, 04:16 PM
They all suck.

Prodigy
24th July 2004, 04:48 PM
I'm only vaguely aware that they even made Pokemon movies after the fourth one. If I were given the chance to watch one of the newer ones without going out of my way (like paying money) to do so, I probably would.. like if someone else rented it or loaned it to me. (Incidentally, it was only under those circumstances that I even saw Pokemon 4, or the Animatrix for that matter.) There are just too many good movies out there that I haven't seen yet that take precedence.

mr_pikachu
24th July 2004, 06:18 PM
1. The Power of One (Pokemon 2000). Awesome music, cool animations and the first glimpse of the future of Pokemon. Well, it was the future then!
2. The First Movie. It was the first chance to catch Pokemon on the big screen, and had a unique plot. The ending was frustrating, but that got fixed later. There's the whole sentiment of it all, too.
3. Pokemon Heroes (fifth movie). Great graphics, some cool scenes (loved the confusion over Latias), and finally a realistic ending. For once, not everything turns out perfectly... :eek:
4. Mewtwo Returns ("unofficial" movie, set somewhere in mid to early Johto). Finally they made the ending of the first movie a bit easier to accept. Plus, there's the whole philosophical thing behind the clones and where, or if, they belong.
5. Spell of the Unown (Pokemon 3). This one was unrealistic with the seemingly boundless power of the Unown, and the ending seemed like a bit of a cop-out. The battles were cool to some extent, but the invincibility of the created Pokemon was annoying. Plus, the stakes didn't seem nearly as high as in the previous movies.
6. Jirachi Wish Maker (sixth movie). There were a few things I didn't like about this, most notably the ambiguous creation of a "Groudon". I mean, the thing just appeared out of thin air, with no explanation other than "it needs a powerful energy source". :what: Plus, the drama was really overshadowed by the slow passing of the seven days, May's wish thingamabob, etc. I thought they could have done a better job with this than they did.
7. Pokemon 4Ever (fourth movie). Ironically, the movie with some of the best music is my least favorite. I loved the plotline, the graphics, and everything else. Except for one thing: the ending. If I thought that Spell of the Unown had a weak cop-out, I had another thing coming. I mean, they didn't even have to battle! You'd think that such a simple solution to the Dark Ball problem would have been discovered before. Many great scenes in this movie, but the ending totally ruined it for me. Meh, it's still fun to watch, though. Just like all the others.

Not listed: The seventh movie. I haven't seen it yet, and I don't even know if it's out in Japan...

Iveechan
24th July 2004, 11:34 PM
I'm with Crazy... they all suck.

Zak
24th July 2004, 11:50 PM
This thread is going to Pokemon Anime. The movies ARE a part of the cartoon, yano ;)

Mine was the Power of One, for all the obvious reasons. Action, drama, humor, suspense... gotta love it.

~Zak

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2004, 12:12 AM
My favorite is the third one. It reminds me so much of movies I grew up with Labyrinth and NeverEnding Story...

...although you all know my favorite character comes from the second one.

Rocketboy
3rd September 2004, 12:59 PM
Pokčmon 2000 and 3 are a tie in my book. Pokčmon 2000 was tense and adventerous, while pokčmon 3 showed the drama of a little girl with no parents.

Crystal Mew
4th September 2004, 01:58 PM
My favorite movie would have to be Pokemon 2000. For some reason I didn't like Mewtwo Strikes back, because of the whole 'oh look at everything that happened' and then...their memorry gets erased, so, yeah, pointless imo..I just like pkmn the movie 2000 cause it was interesting.

heres my list:

~ Pokemon 2000
~ Pokemon the 3rd movie
~ Mewtwo Strikes Back
um, the other three in this slot :)

Water Pokemon Master
4th September 2004, 02:18 PM
Pokemon 2000 <--- Too many reasons why I like it. Hopefully if there is a Regi trio legend movie, it will be just as cool.
Pokemon 1 / Pokemon 3 (It's hard to decide)
Pokemon 5 / Pokemon 6 (Ditto)
Pokemon 4Ever <--- Most worse and boring Pokemon movie ever, except for the whole Lake of Life, Prof. Oak thing, and the reviving Celebi part.

Everoy
4th September 2004, 02:46 PM
1. Jirachi Wishmaker --- Jirachi fits into the category of so cute you wanna kick it pokemon along with Jigglypuff, Spheal, Electrike, Clamperl, and Vulpix.
2. Pokemon 2000 --- Got kinda boring after a while, and I was upset that Slowking wasn't the main character :D
3. Spell of the Unown --- Would be 1, but I'm forced into watching it so often that I get bored.
4. Pokemon 4Ever --- Didn't COMPLETELY suck, Celebi fits into the foot-nudge cute category. Although I wish they had stuck with the name Serebii, sounds cooler.
5. Visitor of the Space Fissure --- Just goes here to show that the others suck.
6. Pokemon 1 --- Almost doesn't suck, I was upset that Mewtwo could "talk" but Mew couldn't.
7. Pokemon Heroes --- Haven't seen it.
8. Mewtwo Returns --- Haven't seen it, hopefully it's better than the First Movie.

Pichu
5th September 2004, 12:48 AM
1. Pokémon Heroes (5)
- It's really touching...

2. Pokémon 2000 (2)
- *Looks up at the above posts* Enough said ;)

3. Pokémon: Raikou Special (*)
- I downloaded once, but I lost it... It is a very good and interesting movie.
- Marina dancing with pokémon is ... cool I guess.
- TR pretty much owned the heroes all over the movie. =P

4. Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back (*)
- This is pretty good, I like this more than movie 1.

5. Pokémon4ever (4)
- I didn't like the part where it seems plagiarism has occurred.
- Princess Mononoke:
-- The "tunnel".
-- The "healing" powers of celebi is same as the Great Oak Spirit

6. Pokémon (6)
- Plagiarism.
- The Groudon at the end is like Princess Mononoke's Great Oak Spirit.

7. Pokémon First Movie (1)
- Boring.

8. Pokémon 3
- I hate this movie... its so freakin weird. >_<

9. Pokémon 7
- Haven't seen it, so no comments. :x

Misty
24th December 2004, 11:32 PM
Mewtwo Strikes Back IS the first movie, dude - Mewtwo Returns was the sequel.

Anyway - after having watched the first 6 Pokemon movies over the week...

1) Pokemon 2000(11/10 if possible) - This one is easily the most awesome of the bunch. Lots of great shipping(KissShipping forever ty), great action, great humor("I could use pants"), great music, great characters, TR was brilliant... not to mention the mini-movie was actually enjoyable, which I can't say for the others... I could go on. My only complaint about this movie is that Lugia's voice didn't fit. But whatever. O_o

2) Mewtwo Returns(9/10) - Lots of focus on TR is nice, good humor, lots of action, the best music(see below), plus it had a good ending. The only thing I didn't truly like about this movie - Mewtwo is an angsty little mother. It's a good personality concept, but it was overdone.

3) Mewtwo Strikes Back(8/10) - This one was truly well done in every way possible - until the ending. Oh god, the ending was corny and just did not fit. But superb music(<3 the battle theme from the Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard battles[which played twice during MR], and Billy Crawford's rendition of the Pokemon theme), great action, and a great(though broken, gw 4Kids) plot still saved this movie and made it one of my favs. Oh, and the mini-movie was okay. BTW, the errors were kind of silly - glad those stopped after Pokemon 2000.

4) Pokemon Heroes(8/10) - Okay, I'll say it. After the 4th and 3rd movies, my faith in Pokemon movies was not very high. Enter Pokemon Heroes. Combining some great graphical effects, a great story with a neat ending that, amazingly, DIDN'T turn out corny, and good music, this movie was truly an enjoyable experience. Oh, and the mini-movie sucked.

5) Pokemon 4ever(6/10) - In retrospect, this movie wasn't that bad. It was just... in a word, slow. And the ending was useless - it should have just ended with Suicune purifying the lake and Celebi being saved. But the Iron Masked Marauder was a neat character who actually succeeded at something - quite impressive considering TR as a whole almost never does. Good plot and tied the Oak thing in well though. Also, the mini-movie was fairly amusing - I can't be the only one who was rooting for the lawn mower.

6) Pokemon 3(4/10) - Angst, angst, angst. Molly wasn't as angsty as Mewtwo, but boy did she come close. Everything else was kind of blah, including the mini movie. The sole redeeming feature of this movie is some of the best battle music ever - I demand those themes be done in the anime. Oh, and the CGI was kinda neat.

Craig
25th December 2004, 01:46 AM
They all suck.

Consider yourself warned.

This added nothing to the discussion, the post might aswell not even be there.

edit: WTF, why is this being bumped so long afterwards? Its too long now to warn you so consider yourself lucky :patriot:

Misty
25th December 2004, 12:39 PM
I was going to post this topic - but decided that it would be better to push back an old thread, if possible, than to just repost it. Blame GameFAQs.

Misty
29th December 2004, 09:16 PM
Okay, I picked up the Jirachi movie.

I'd give it a 8/10. The main movie was generally well-done but didn't truly stand out in any way. On the other hand, the short was awesome - <3 that song.

Misty
30th December 2004, 11:23 AM
Actually, I have a small gripe about the main movie - they didn't play a remix of the AG S1 opening :( I always love the remixes.

Zhen Lin
31st December 2004, 11:45 AM
They did. When they were heading to Faunz.