PDA

View Full Version : Anime Trivial Pursuit

Mewtwo-D2
25th July 2004, 11:19 PM
Well, campers, in the effort to try to jumpstart this forum, here's a nice new trivia game. This anime trivia game basically following the lines of Trivial Pursuit, but with levels rather than spaces. Once you get a question right in each category you go on to the next level, going from General Knowledge to Extreme Otaku. If there are enough sign-ups, then it'll be broken up into teams who can freely consult each other. If you miss a question, then you have to wait until your next turn to try and get the point again. There are six categories and six levels, making 36 questions in all. Regrettably, the only prize I can offer is a spiffy sig banner proclaiming you the Uber-Leet Otaku or some such.

The six categories are Geography, Music, History, Science & Nature, Characters, and General. Answers are to be PMed to me to prevent copying. The person who gets the correct answer first will be posted and the next question will be asked. A running tally of chips will be in. A question will be posted for each person/team by name after the first level, or for the tied person/team. If anyone's interested, please post.

Roarkiller
26th July 2004, 06:17 AM
Uh, geography? :oh:

Ill join, but the part bout being the 1st to PM, well... lets juz say i dont exactly have much time on my hands. And i havent exactly watched that much anime either.

But meh, ganbarimasu.

Last Exile
26th July 2004, 07:42 AM
I like this. I was wondering whether a trivia game would be any good.

Count me in. And I promise I won't be mean or anything. Besides, it it's before 2001, I probably won't know it. :D

Mewtwo-D2
26th July 2004, 09:34 AM
Geography being more questions about the location the anime takes place in rather than where it is. And I'm going to take into account that many people can't be on-line constantly (I can't either, I work).

Pokemaster Ash
26th July 2004, 11:21 AM
This looks interesting. I guess I'll join in.

Azura Stardust
27th July 2004, 08:19 AM
Count me in as well for the heck of it.

Though I expect you all to go sneak at animenfo or some such site (ANN's encyclopedia is still down :'() when you admittedly don't know.

I'll know when to start getting off the computer if I get too many questions right...

The Muffin Man
27th July 2004, 11:04 AM
Count me in as well for the heck of it.

Though I expect you all to go sneak at animenfo or some such site (ANN's encyclopedia is still down :'() when you admittedly don't know.

I'll know when to start getting off the computer if I get too many questions right...

Like you won't?

Ultimate Charizard
27th July 2004, 07:00 PM
Im in, could use a laugh though i dont know all that much....

expects nil points...

Fai D. Flowright
27th July 2004, 10:28 PM
I'd be interested in joining this.... Although, like most others have said, I haven't seen all too many animes and don't know every little detail about the ones I have, but I do know a little bit!!

This sound like fun! Count me in! ^_^

Mewtwo-D2
27th July 2004, 10:59 PM
Yay, people are signing up. And I'd like to think most of you wouldn't cheat by looking up answers, but I know it's just something I'd like to think. The first levels will be really easy, though they'll span from the 1960's-2004. Even though I don't watch much new anime, I'll do my best to put in a good mix of questions.

Deadline for sign-ups and the day the game starts will be Friday.

Last Exile
28th July 2004, 02:44 AM
I think characters, music and general will be my forte. ;)

Yes, I won't be alarmed if everyone snakes animeNFO.

Roarkiller
28th July 2004, 06:17 AM
AnimeNfo's nice, but its not perfect. Luckily i got a few others on my list.

But seriously speaking tho, i think it would be nice if everyone here promises not to look up on anything OTHER than their own PERSONAL resources. Like, say, u own a website on anime, it counts as ur own, or if u own that particular title, u can use it as reference. Otherwise, like using popular anime sites, r illegal.

Takes a lot of trust to do this tho, but its a proposal nontheless. And its a better gauge of who knows their anime better, and after all, this is juz a game. And a game aint fun if ppl cheat, right? ;)

EDIT: Speaking of forté, mine's obviously ghibli stuff.

Azura Stardust
30th July 2004, 09:42 AM
TMM: I'm not telling ;D (I didn't say I wouldn't use it. But I don't know if I'll bother to go. Maybe... whatever)

It would be nice and fine if we all didn't, though if I never had to and I got enough questions right, yes, I will go and do my homework and stop watching so much anime :x

I don't really like AnimeNFO myself, but ANN's encyclopedia is down :( I really think it was a great great source of info. Actually it's good thatit's down this period, you can't find as much on AnimeNFO. Narrows it down a wee bit maybe...

My er... "forte" would be... heck, I don't think I have one. Maybe Melody of Oblivion because not so long ago I remember looking up the name sof some of the seiyuu and putting it the ANN database. I vaguely remember some things like Sanae Kobayashi who plays Toune in MoO, and Madlax in Madlax (or was it Margaret?) and... somebody in Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch, as well as I think in one of the m.o.e. mini-stupid-series, Love Love?, Smash Hit or Cosmopolitan Prayers....