PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Elders strike back...

Zak
26th July 2004, 02:49 AM
A recent incident with my grandmother inspired this poll.

1. Whats the most annoying/disturbing thing you've ever seen an elderly person do?

2. How about the coolest thing?

3. Who are your prime grandparents, dad's side or mum's side (As in, you feel a lot more comfortable around).

4. What do you plan to do when you're at old age?

~

1. Wow... the list goes on with my grandmother.
-Yell loudly in public places/attract attention.
-Be a ****ing drama queen over every little thing.
-Take everything as "Yes" even when I say no to things.
-Kiss the back of my neck while I'm practicing piano.
-Greet me as if she's seeing a ghost.
-Blow things way out of proportion.

Probably more...

2. My other grandmother always gets me stuff, like new games. And she's the greatest cook, no one will ever beat her in my book.

3. Definately Dad's side. I'm sure its no surprise which one that is.

4. I plan on being married, but don't want kids. So... probably rent a house in Florida and make sure me and my wife are in good health. I swear, I know this elderly couple who are in their 70s, but by their looks I'd guess they are about 40. I hope to be like them.

~Zak

Crystal Mew
26th July 2004, 02:59 AM
1. when they can't hear, thats when they start annoying me :| I understand...but some old people don't want hearing aids, so you find youself repeating alot

2. They are mostly nice =)

3. my mom's parents. my other grandpa didn't even send me a birthday card because I didn't invite him to my non-exsistant party. much love grandpa, I only turn 18 once yano :rolleyes:

my other grandparents are the kewlest.

4. living somewhere with my husband, and loving our grandkids :')

btw, I can't beleive you dont want kids Zak :eek: lol, a Zak jr would be so cute =(

Zak
26th July 2004, 03:05 AM
btw, I can't beleive you dont want kids Zak :eek: lol, a Zak jr would be so cute =(

Maybe, but you of all people should know that I'm the definition of irresponisble.

~Zak

Toxicity
26th July 2004, 03:28 AM
1. Whats the most annoying/disturbing thing you've ever seen an elderly person do?

3. Who are your prime grandparents, dad's side or mum's side (As in, you feel a lot more comfortable around).

~*~*~*~*~*~

1. My dad's mom is a freak:
-Tears me from her computer when I try to regain sanity
-Takes me places I don't want to go to
-Says I should be like my older cousin and have a child with a minority(That is not going to happen...)
-Says that since I refuse to have relationships with minorities, I should be a lesbian
-Treats me like a freak
-Bores me to death with how she doesn't have television at all

But then again, my mom's mother has her moments, too:
-Complains about how bad my uncle's fiance's daughter is a lot(but she is, so I don't blame her)
-Has my eighteen month old cousin try to do some weird things
-Complains about what her dog does(chewing beer cans, how he chewed up a Bush/Cheney sign outside)
-Changes it to a news channel whenever somebody's watching something
-Yells at her husband(mom's stepdad) constantly to get what she wants.

2. My mom's dad gets me things when I see him, which is pretty cool...I mostly take after his side on appearance, personality, etc.

3. My mom's side...her dad.

4. I don't see myself that far...Probably hiding somewhere in the Netherlands, moping and sobbing about the past: more than likely single with no kids or one adopted, running a simple bakery or coffee shop while looking years younger than my age.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th July 2004, 05:56 AM

1.) Giving you an idiotic smile like you've just told them something, showing that they don't believer a word or think you don't know what you're talking about.

2.) Just being the way they are which is 95 % of the time a good thing.

3.) I only got to know my grandmother on my mom's side. She passed away two years ago. She was a great person till she unfortunately got the Alzheimer's disease and slowly forgot everything that happened in the last 40 decades of her life. I have to admit being around her at that late stage was pretty annoying and very stressing.

My father's parents died one year before I was born and my mother's father died in World War 2.

4.) I dunno...die?

AntiAsh Superstar
26th July 2004, 07:01 AM
1. How long have you got? My grandmother has this wonderful habit of sulking if you say anything that she doesn't wholly agree with. Everything has to be done straight away with her as well or else she moans and moans.

2. Having said all that, she *is* the only grandmother on the planet who idolises Jim Morrison and is also a frustrated gypsy. ^^;; And me grandfather's letting me live with him rent free atm, which is cool.

3. Mother's side, simply coz we lost all contact with my prick of a father so I haven't a clue about his parents.

4. Be like Ozzy, yeah! :) I can already do the Brummie accent and the drinking a lot, plus the partner who's exceptionally good at pointing me in the right direction, all I need is lessons in pottering about the house in a state of permenant confusion. Oh yeah, and the large fortune too, but I have my entire life ahead of me to acquire that.

abunaidesu
26th July 2004, 04:35 PM
dance around the bathroom nude. dont ask how i discovered it

give me lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$

i never met my dads mom, and i never met my moms dad. but if i chose between my dads dad or my moms mom, i would choose my dads dad because hes nicer. my grandma was a *****.

i dunno

Jay Umbreon
26th July 2004, 04:43 PM
I once saw an elderly woman strip naked on a nearby nudist beach. when I say 'saw' I mean I saw her begin to take her clothes off and quickly looked away :)

ride a motorbike :)

mums side. but grandad is dead :(

hmm, go out an play bingo and paint and walk around shopping.

~Jay

mr_pikachu
26th July 2004, 06:06 PM
Worry about literally everything. If you think "Did I leave the coffeemaker on?" is bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

Keep things concise and to the point when I'm focusing on something else. Soon after I graduated high school I was watching TV, and everyone in the house came up to talk to me about my future, my goals, and everything else in the world. My grandpa came up, basically said, "Good job, Brian," and went back downstairs. Sometimes he can be pretty cool. 8)

Well, I feel more comfortable around my mom's parents, seeing as my dad's parents are both dead. :(

I only hope I'm still well enough to write books and talk to people over the internet. As long as I can do that, I think I'll die happy. :D

Gengachu
26th July 2004, 09:45 PM
A recent incident with my grandmother inspired this poll.

1. Wearing clothes that don't fit them.

2. Give me money

3. My mom's because I never got to know my dad's parents very well and now they're dead. Plus we visited my mom's mom and dad(when he was still alive) a lot.

4. Probably the same things I do now.