PDA

View Full Version : Poll(s): TPM & You

Drago
26th July 2004, 06:16 AM
Just thought it would be a hoot to make a poll or two about you as a member of TPM.

1. How did you stumble upon the forums?
2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community? (feel free to feed your ego)
3. Could you leave TPM at any time, and not come back?
4. How long have you been here? (Only those who had a previous account, or lurked for a while before joining, need reply)
5. Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.)
6. If you had unrivalled control over TPM for one week, what would you do?

Whoa, I feel like a stalker. Asking questions and all.

1. I came upon TPM through a link from the Pallet Gym, I seem to recall, while looking for Pokedex information. From there, I entered the forums because I hadn’t anything better to do, and just sort of hung out there for about a month.
2. Not in the absolute slightest. :yes: I enjoy my relative obscurity.
3. I could leave TPM, that’s a given. But I dunno whether or not I could resist coming back. Well, unless I’m banned, of course. Then it’s bridge burning all the way.
4. Early March, 2001. Just in time to see the first anniversary.
5. Yes I have, back in my earlier days. It was such a momentous occasion that he liked my review. Bit sad, now that I think about it. …Aww, who am I kidding? I’d still be excited, lol.
6. If I had unrivalled control, I would probably mod the absolute worst people possible for each forum, and then leave for the week. Upon returning, I’d see what the results were. Bit of a bizarre aspiration, but it’s good for a laugh.

AntiAsh Superstar
26th July 2004, 06:45 AM
1. Umm... well basically I'd spent the previous week or two ploughing through a random pokémon fics site, but when that went down for a short while I started looking for other pokémon sites, TPM being the top of the list when I searched. I gravitated to the forums instantly, coz I'm always up for this kinda thing.
2. Not especially, I just plod along doing what I do, it's not like I'm a key player or anything.
3. No, coz basically I've put way too much effort into the adoptees thing to ever consider leaving that alone, so if I grow bored with everything else I'm still sticking around for that!
5. The occasional bit of contact in chats... my eternal memory of Kevin is him having a go at me coz I was doing a 'I'm drunk and proud of it' kinda thing and the next thing I know I'm blocked. I suspect he doesn't really care for me that much, but meh, it's his loss.
6. Advertise it more so it gets back up there in terms of activity, there ain't many new members coming in and this is the only problem with TPM

Heald
26th July 2004, 07:53 AM

Bah. Can't really remember. I think I was searching for Pokémon Red info and I saw a link to the Fanfic forums, so I stumbled in. By chance, this was the golden age of forum RPGs (the Pokémon School RPG). I never left.

2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community? (feel free to feed your ego)

Yes. Without me all these stupid anime geek newbies would be trolling Misc.

Meh. Probably. But I enjoy it here.

4. How long have you been here? (Only those who had a previous account, or lurked for a while before joining, need reply)

(points to join date) June 2000.

5. Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.)

Actually, yes. I sent him an email when the site was alive concerning the Team Rocket Song (from Jump for Jigglypuff) lyrics and he put it on the site under my name. So I was pretty chuffed with that.

Nothing. Except I'd open a requests topic in Misc for all the cool people (Raz, TMM, Tainted, kainashi, Kiyone etc) to give me ideas. I think the most popular would be to ban WPM. So I'd ban WPM.

kainashi
26th July 2004, 07:53 AM
1. browsing the main site then saw that the board was opened, registered about a week later.
2. not really.
3. yes. don't really have much to stay here for, ie. friends, etc.
4. late march of 2000.
5. i talk to him most of the time, unless he's at work or out with his girlfriend. :mad2:
6. advertise it, demod a few people, and mod better people in their places.

Zak
26th July 2004, 11:22 AM
1. Link from a rival site... hehe (NOT the green one).

2. I'd have to say, yes.

3. Nope, staying here until I die, unless it dies first.

4. June 2000. Don't let the date of this account fool you.

5. IM.

6. Um... well, I assume you mean admin? I'd probably have fun reading the admin log and looking at certain stats that I wouldnt be able to see, but I doubt I'd perform any more action than I do currently.

~Zak

Agent Elrond
26th July 2004, 11:40 AM

My brother found them and registered. It looked like so much fun I had to jump on the wagon as well. (Pointless fact: TPM is the first forum I've ever joined, and the only one where I post regularly and often. >.> What?)

I'm important because I am a member of the vast horde of crazy people that keep the boards alive. I.e. I post.... stuff. Otherwise, I am nothing but a username and some graphics in the avvie and sig department.

No. The only reason I'd leave --- and not come back, would be if TPM completely changed, was no longer fun, lost all the good mods, and was invaded by the retards from GameFAQs. But then it wouldn't be TPM anymore, so I wouldn't be leaving it. ^_^

I first found the forums in late March, 2003, but I didn't create an account until April 21st.... or was it the 22nd?

Who is this Kehvine person you keep on talking about?

I dunno, give it over to Chris/OzAndrew/Little Pikachu/Zak, etc. I'm not a big one for ruling places.

Ta. :wave:

Indecent Exposure
26th July 2004, 12:36 PM
1. Was when I first got the internet at home, searched for a Pokemon site, in late 1999/early 2000. Then I found it again a few month slater when the forums were opened.
2. Yes. This place would fall apart without me. Well, you never know, it might.
3. If I wanted too, yes. But I've no real reason not to come here.
4. I originally signed up about half way through April 2000.
5. Yeah, plenty. Never really talked to him though, or even tried, as he generally seemed quite boring in chats.
6. **** all. Or just ban annoying people. Nah, doing nothing is easier.

Kirei
26th July 2004, 04:29 PM
I just did some random searches for pokémon!
Not really - I do my bit and I have quite a few friends here, but I don't think I'm that important. Maybe a couple of years ago or so I might have been one of the key players but not anymore.
Nah, too many memories. I've made some really good friends here, and I actually met my real-life fiancé here who I now live with. This place has changed my life!
I've been posting since Jan 2001, although my first (Artemis) account was lost in a hack so that's why my date says May 2001. I lurked for a few months before I was brave enough to post, lol! So probably since mid-2000.
Yes - quite a lot, actually. We used to be really good friends. I think we're still friends, although we don't get to talk as much these days. I think Kevin's a lot busier now than he used to be in the old days. I'm a lot busier too.
I'd probably be too lazy to do anything different than what I was doing now, although there might be a slight reshuffle! :196:

abunaidesu
26th July 2004, 04:31 PM
uh friend was at my house and we needed information on pokemon red(or blue, dont remember) and we somehow got on tpm. after she left my house i ended up at the forums.

i am obviously the best

possibly, but the friends i have here keep me coming back.

3/27/00

yes, i talk to him in #pbs and on aim sometimes. usually he talks more when hes drunk :wave:

i dunno

Anju
26th July 2004, 04:43 PM
1. How did you stumple upon the forums?

I don't remember, I just kind of found it.

2. Would you say you?re an important part to the online community? (feel free to feed your ego)

No, I'm not well known

3.Could you leave TPM at any time, and not come back?

maybe

4.How long have you been here? (Only those who had a previous account, or lurked for a while before joining, need reply)

I think I first started visiting the summer in 2001, then I joined in October.

5.Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.)

I think I sent him an e-mail once or twice.

6.Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.)

I don't know.

Tainted
26th July 2004, 04:53 PM

1) I used to go to an old anime forum in grade four/five, and they linked me to it because some of their members were here.

2) Yeah, without me everyone would be forced to hate someone else.

3) Easily.

4) *points to join date* I had an account before this one-- can't remember for how long, or when, exactly.

5) No, but I remember in old chats how everyone used to think of him as some sort of god... like "Wow, you know Kevin? What's he like? I'm sure he's really cool!"

6) Ban WPM, Nuke the whales, Make all the "badass rebels" into supermods, change everyones username to something misspelled just because it would bug some people (HeraldPK, Jizzola, etc.) All around, I'd make everyone leave with my dictatorship of doom.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
26th July 2004, 06:12 PM
Well, I used the Pokemasters Pokedex for several years before I ever even noticed the forums. Time went by, and I forgot the Pokedex here. Then I ran a search for Pokemon on the net and TPM appeared. I figured, "Why not join? It sounds pretty fun." And I've been here ever since.

Nah. I'm not crucial or anything, even though I do have a few friends down in Fanfic.

I doubt it. I love this place, and it'd be hard to force myself to leave unless something major happened.

I lurked around the Pokedex area about the time GS came out. Then there was a brief period of total absence until I finally joined the forums.

Nope. The closest I've had was with LP, and she only acknowledged be to warn me about my sig. I even got a "Final warning" from it that I'm a tad embarrased about to this day. But she showed me where the rules on sigs were (that I couldn't previously find), and we haven't had any trouble since.

Does it include being able to force people to join Fanfic? I'd love to get more members to come over there. It'd be nice to have more company. :yes:

Crystal Mew
26th July 2004, 08:45 PM
1. I was searching for pokemon sites, and I got the top 50 pokemon sites, and tpm was either number one, or two... but yeah, came to the site, and liked it, but they closed the registrations :mad2: so I lurked untill they opened them =)

2. oh, I dunno about that, lolz

3.I could do anything I wanted, so sure I guess. but tpm is addictive for some reason

4. almost 3 years

5. yeah, through IM

6. I dunno really.... ban who needs banning, and stuff like that :wave:

Aipom Of Doom
26th July 2004, 10:16 PM
1. Uh from some other forums where someone linked here.
2. I dunno... I hope I am :).
3. No.
4. Jan 2001... though I don't fit your stringent qualifications for who can reply :(.
5. No ;\
6. Uh ban some certain people? :D.

Jay
27th July 2004, 02:07 AM
1. FOR THE ****ING 1000000TH TIME I WAS SEARCHING CRAP FOR MY ****ING POKEMON GAME AND THEN I ****ING JOINED THE FORUMS. NOW STOP ASKING THIS ****ING QUESTION OVER AND OVER AND OVER
2. not really
3. i've tried three times but i just come back anyway since i'm bored, and some lovely misc. moderators just can't bare the thought of me leaving and want me to stay. how nice of them :) i do think i can though if my purpose of returning was to not annoy everyone.
4. october 2000, but this account says otherwise. i've probably lurked longer than that though
5. #pbs, but i never really have spoken to kevin there before either. post acknowledgement a few times
6. (in order of what to get done first)
- ban cheesey, edit his account, ****list him
- admin myself for future purposes
- demod kirei and tml from pcg (since they're banned anyway by the time i'm through with them), replace with shazza and cool_daddy for excellence. demod some other people that i didn't ban already, but deserve the demodship, replace with some :cool: people
- ban moonlight espeon
- ban matt
- ban the green forums admin
- ban the_missing_link
- ban little_pikachu
- ban silver_ledian
- ban vaporeact
- ban kirei
- ban water pokemon master
- ban greenshirt
- ban razola
- implement reputation system, possibly other hacks if i can be bothered

Jay Umbreon
27th July 2004, 05:12 AM
1. search engine.

2. not really.

3. eventually, yes. But not now.

4. almost 4 years.

5. of course I have. Once, he made me my own forum for about 20 minutes as a joke.

1.) De-mod Raven Adonis.
2.) Ban all the people who have been banned by supermods, but who kevin gives into and unbans again.
3.) Ban aussie "Jay"
4.) Ban "cool_daddy_47"
5.) Moderate Indecent Exposure in ASB
6.) Get rid of the TPM pet picture topic.
7.) Delete all Anti-WPM stuff.
8.) Moderate Shazza in PCG.
9.) Ban Deans picture from ever being allowed in anyone sig. Ever.

~Jay

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
27th July 2004, 06:10 AM

1.) I was looking for an online Pokédex and stumbled over the one of TPM. Then checked out its forums.

2.) No idea, everyone's replacable.

3.) I guess not, been here for way too long and got used to being here.

4.) I've been around at TPM for 3 years and 6 months.

5.) Yes, years ago when I was still very active on AIM.

6.) Nothing, it's fine the way it is.

PancaKe
27th July 2004, 08:00 AM
1. I heard about TPM somewhere...so i searched for it, and found it. I became obsessed with the fic submittion thing they had on the website with fic raters etc etc, and wanted to be one. I think it was firepokemon or someone advised me to hang out at the boards and wait, and then the submittion thing was closed and I was devistated.

2. Yes. I am very important. You would all suffocate without me!!! jk, im not unnoticed, but if i left, you wouldn't collapse.

3. Dont think i could really leave, its a habit to type it into the web adress bar.

4. Since i started high school literally, about 4 years now? *shrugs* since 2001.

5. I once emailed him when I was a n00b, like before I even went on the boards and was obsessed with the main site. I aksed him what TM dreameater was. -.- and he replied!!!

6. I would change the forum descriptions to the forum descriptions of april fools day because those ones were awesome!

Gengachu
27th July 2004, 11:43 AM
Just thought it would be a hoot to make a poll or two about you as a member of TPM.

[b]1. How did you stumble upon the forums?

1. I didn't really stumble. I visited TPM pretty regularly for its columns and stuff(a long time ago), and I kept on hearing about the Message Boards, so I joined.
2. I use to be very important to the ASB forum, but not anymore.
3. I have left before, but I've obviously come back.
4. I visited the site since 1999.
5. Yes, when I was a moderator. Nothing all that memorable, though.
6. Nothing.

Lady Vulpix
27th July 2004, 12:59 PM
1. I found a button on an anime-related site when I was looking for content for an anime website I was making back then.
2. Yes. I think everyone who's been active for so long has become an inportant part of the community. We've all contributed with our ideas and interacted with each other a lot.
3. Only if all my friends left first. Which I hope doesn't happen any time soon.
4. I need not reply, but I'm still authorized to do it, so I've been here for 3 years, 9 months and 26 days.
5. Yes, a few IMs at the time when he would speak at ummmm, which was already quite rare.
6. Explore the admin control panel, I guess. See if there's anything interesting I can add to the boards and maybe remove postcount so that no one uses it as an excuse for spamming again (I know few people do that now, but some still do -_-) if no one gave me a reason why it should be kept. I think I'd also change the AC/CC forum description to something more descriptive and less biased (or at least change the word 'I' for 'Suzie' in it).

Thy
27th July 2004, 01:05 PM
1. I used a search engine to find a walktrough of the Unknown Dungeon on Blue and ended up here.
2. Nope.
3. I was a lurker in 2001 and beyond until I finally joined.
4. Not really.
5. Change some mods. Ban anyone who who has "Ban ________" anywhere (except the green guy). Revive some forums (fanart, OA, etc.)

Linc
27th July 2004, 01:12 PM
I was searching for Pokemon sprites, and somehow I stumbled on Hexae's old sprite request thread from before I joined.

2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community?
No, I'm just one of those members who post, come on often, doesn't know anybody on the website. Yeah, I'm a poor soul...

No way. This is my favorite website, and it's addictive also. The only time I left for over a month was when I kept getting a virus from TPM.

I joined in Febuary or January or something. Can't remember though.

No, none at all.

I'd make everybody give me their Pokemon from AC/CC or I would delete their account! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, AC/CC is my favorite forum. Go Crystal Caves!

Mikey
27th July 2004, 01:16 PM
Well, back in late 1999 I did a search on yahoo and came upon the site. I visited it every day for new info and such.

Well, I write episode guides so I'm pretty important in the anime department, but I don't think people really care that I do that. I am a nice person though and a lot of people know me so do with that what you wish.

Of course. I love this place but I have an easy time getting out of habits. (Shame I'm not good with getting over deaths :/)

I've been going to the site since late 1999 and I joined the forums in summer of 2000. I didn't post much though and lost my internet access for about 6 months in August of 2000. When I got it back I forgot what the name I registered under was, the password, and had a different email. But the site was dead when I got back. So I went to SPP and found out the TPM forums were still active in 2002. I resigned up and have been here ever since.

Yes, I was a frequent visitor to the chatroom in 2000 and I asked him if I could help with the site once. I was known as CharMANder77. Then I lost my internet access as said. I just recently had a few AIM convos with him though.

I'd be a nice boy :), and ban WPM :) (Kidding)

Chris 2.1
27th July 2004, 03:38 PM
I was on TPM main site, and was all "wow, forums!". From that day on....I...I was never the same...

Dude, I am the SCAFFOLD to this place. *lets air out of head, which is now swollen and bloated*. Umm in Fanfic, and Anime, I contribute a lot.

Tried. I was away for 12 days

I joined Nov 01, as Lugia Master, then was Shinymarill, then Brit Chris.

Umm....no

Change it to 'TBCM!' The Brit Chris Forums. Whee.

Yoh Asakura
27th July 2004, 06:28 PM
1. How did you stumble upon the forums? Was into Pokemon a while back I guess.

2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community? (feel free to feed your ego) Nope.

3. Could you leave TPM at any time, and not come back? Yup.

4. How long have you been here? (Only those who had a previous account, or lurked for a while before joining, need reply) Around Dec 2000ish.

5. Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.) Nope.

6. If you had unrivalled control over TPM for one week, what would you do? Put up a decent banner, ban the people who piss me off, set everybody's post count to 0 just for fun. "OMG where are all my posts!!!1111oneone" heh heh heh. Prolly some other junk.

Katie
27th July 2004, 09:10 PM
friend showed me the .com site, thought it was cool, visited pretty regularly. after browsing for a few months I found the forums and woohoo!
no
probably. I'm gonna try to lay off the comp this school year, need better grades... of course I say that at the start of every year :rolleyes:
july 16 01 :yes:
yeah when he used to come to the ummmm chat a year or two ago. I was never special enough to be on his buddy list though :'<
ban certain people, relax a few rules, tighten a few others *shrug*

~Katie

CuteLassJigglypuff
27th July 2004, 10:19 PM
1. I found it in another message board.

2. Not really.

3. Maybe.

4. I was a lurker in 2000. I joined the forums in 2001.

5. Nope.

6. I would ban whoever needs to be banned.

Perdanski
28th July 2004, 01:39 AM

1. By the introduction from my borther, I actually liked coming here.

2. Nah, not really.

3. Yeah, I could, but I wouldn't, unless I have reasons to leave.

4. Check my profile or the bar beside this post. But if not being a member counts, then for about two years.

5. Nope.

6. Get on like being a regular member, because nothing can stop me when I'm in control, aren't I right?

Cheesey
28th July 2004, 08:44 AM
Someone I was friends with online introduced me to them ages ago. I lurked for a little while, and then I joined because I figured that if I ever wanted to post in something that interested me I could if I felt like it. I mainly came to the main site for help and information on pokémon though. ^^;

Not important; People know who I am but I can't see them being particularly unhappy if I left in the future. I know that would've been different in the past but I was terrified of confronting who it would've mattered most to, so I left the forums because I was under too much pressure and I didn't know what to do. I know that it wasn't the right thing to do but at the time I was under too much stress to deal with and I couldn't cope with more.

I don't think I could at a totally random time. There might be certain times where I could leave the forums and it wouldn't matter to me or anyone else very much - Other times I just wouldn't want to leave because I really like it here, or whatever.

I first joined under a different account in November 2000 but I didn't post very much. Then I joined again in September 2001 but again, I didn't actually post very much. After a long absence I joined as Cheesey in March 2003 but I got my Sep 2001 join date back late last year.

He acknowledged one of my posts not that long ago in the Pokemasters.net forum. I wouldn't consider that contact with him as such but still, it's happened. XD

I don't think I'd do very much. I hate having vast amounts of power; I coped when I was a moderator but I didn't consider that as having power which was overruling. I considered it as a power I could use to keep everyone in line, and that I could cope with. If I was admin I wouldn't want to use my power because I wouldn't want to be the basis of anything major happening. I doubt that made sense O_o;;

PS100
31st July 2004, 08:29 PM
1) Dunno. It's been a while. :sleep: Site's forum wasn't the same one day and I kinda just gravitated away...
2) Prolly not. Nobody prolly remembers me.... Tho on other sites I'm pretty important.
3) Since I did... Yeah.
4) Um... I want to say I was here little over a year, from March 2000 till 2001, then I couldn't find the site(that's what I get for putting it in the favorites :sweat4: ), then I came back... yesterday. So, technically, a year.
5) No.
6) Dunno. Take a nap, maybe. :sweat4: Nothing really to do, I think.

PS

Krystalline Kabutops
31st July 2004, 08:50 PM

Well, I remember seeing a Pokemon newsite called The PokeMasters, and kind of forgot about it until about a year and a half ago, when I rediscovered it, but also found the forums. I promptly joined.

Some People in the RPG community might recognize me, but as for everywhere else, no. (My ego's not hungry, thanks)

Pffft. Of course not :D

See #2.

Nope.

I dunno, Mod myself in RPG :D

Little_Pikachu
31st July 2004, 08:55 PM
I was looking for some advice about Pokemon yellow, I found TPM's site via a search and kept going back for all my pokemon needs, one day I was very bored and after the games kept crashing on me, I joined the forums.

2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community?
I don't like to sound vain, but I think I probably am... Maybe just a little.

Yeah, I could. I know I could.

4. How long have you been here?
Active member since November 6th 2000.

5. Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin?
Yeah, we used to be really good friends and chatted all the time.

Hmm. I had it for over a year and didn't get up to much, just did my job and got a few people to help me with it. But now Chris is here to second guess all my actions.

youdontknowme
31st July 2004, 11:12 PM
1. I was looking for episode guides. :D
2. Nope, I just post at my leisure. That means whenever I remember about TPM, when I have a lot of time on my hands, or when I'm bored.
3. At the rate I've been away from this place, yes I can.
4. Since I was 9 I think...
5. I PMed him about something long ago... don't remember what...
6. Give myself full Pokéball pips :D

Bulbasaur4
1st August 2004, 01:21 AM

I was apart of the website, and then when they added the forums after a few months or so I decided to join.

Maybe an important part of the RPG community but otherwise I don't think that many people know who I am around here. ^^;;

Some thing drastic would have to happen. I like my RPG forums and my occasional PCG or Misc dosage, so probably not.

Hmmm... well, for a while? My account says May 2000 but actually it was a bit before since my account was deleted by the hack a long time ago and I had to re-join. But my memory is pretty blank on that.

Email. A long time ago before the forums when I had asked him about some site info or some thing.

I'd help clean up the spams and aid the forums like the admins do, and enjoy the new-ness. lol.

Red Angel
2nd August 2004, 01:09 AM

I believe I first found TPM believe I was looking for a good Gold/Silver Pokedex. I kept it bookmarked, and joined the forums after the demise of the Pokemon Forever forums.

Nope.

I probably could leave, but then I'd be bored :P

<--

Nope.

After reading Jay's (not Jay Umbreon's) post, I think I'd ban the guy for being such an... um... not nice person.

phaedrus
2nd August 2004, 01:28 AM
1. How did you stumble upon the forums? Needed GSC strategies. Came here in the UBB days.
2. Would you say you’re an important part to the online community? (feel free to feed your ego) You have an important part when you're pretty much the only liberal fighting a slew of conseratives.
3. Could you leave TPM at any time, and not come back? I come back to laugh at retards. Proving them wrong is the funniest part, and the killing is just as fun.
4. How long have you been here? (Only those who had a previous account, or lurked for a while before joining, need reply) I was on for a two-year period, left for two, then came back.
5. Have you ever actually had any contact with Kevin? (PM, post acknowledgment, etc.) I believe so.
6. If you had unrivalled control over TPM for one week, what would you do? Ban all suspected conseratives, outside of Scott because he's the only one that backs himself up substantially.