PDA

View Full Version : Okaaaay, this is getting to be veeeeery annoying....

Agent Elrond
26th July 2004, 11:29 PM
Hello, how are you? Me, I am fine except for the occasion when I try and get onto TPM and I get this polite little message that says: Sorry, the Administrator as banned your IP address, yada yada yada, and then a dead e-mail address.

These happen without notice, warning, nothing. And I have not, to my knowledge, done anything worth an IP ban.... have I? :what:

Ahem, these bans can last from a few minutes to almost a day, so it gets rather annoying rather quicky, savvy? I would greatly appreciate some enlightenment of this subject, and so would ralts_mudkip, as he shares my IP address (or very close) and is effected by this as well.

Many thanks in advance, I just hope I will be able to log in again in the morning... please? *crosses fingers*

abunaidesu
27th July 2004, 12:16 AM
You probably have the same IP as someone else here that an admin wants to keep out.

kainashi
27th July 2004, 12:33 AM
i'll point kevin to this topic. :)

Zak
27th July 2004, 02:09 AM
Hmm... your first digits don't seem to be shared with anyone I recall being IP-banned recently. There's you, Ralts_Mudkip, RabidCow, Chaotic, and P-Frog. I don't recall either of them being banned or IP banned for whatever reason, but then again either I'm mistaken or its probably a glitch or something I don't know about.. *shrug*

~Zak

Agent Elrond
27th July 2004, 08:33 AM
Whateva, R.M. and I share the same e-mail provider (Earthlink) and whenever I am IP banned, so is he, and when he can log in, so can I, dunno about the others as I have never talked to them in my life.

I figured it had something to do with someone else getting IP banned, or banned, or whatever, and effecting us as well for some odd reason. Note that this is not permanent, thankfully. First it's "Sorry, you're banned" then "Welcome to The Pokemaster's Forums!" Like we're getting banned inadvertently, so you may not have noticed, maybe? :confused:

Yeah, so, this has been going on since last, oooh, late November, IIRC. Obviously it has not stopped me posting here, but it's difficult always having to cross your fingers and hoping the message you're going to post doesn't get eaten because you suddenly got banned.

Thanks again, *crosses fingers*

kainashi
27th July 2004, 10:36 AM
i asked kevin and he said he didn't see your ip addresses or even parts of them. :what:

Agent Elrond
28th July 2004, 08:34 AM
i asked kevin and he said he didn't see your ip addresses or even parts of them.

And that is, not normal? :confused:

For the record I have not had the Mystery IP Ban (to my knowledge) since Monday afternoon.

kainashi
28th July 2004, 10:12 AM
seems like it isn't normal.

RedStarWarrior
28th July 2004, 10:45 AM
Yeah, so, this has been going on since last, oooh, late November, IIRC.
If you are just bringing it up, it obviously must not have been that important. Anyway, if you haven't had a problem since Monday, then don't worry about it.

Agent Elrond
28th July 2004, 02:49 PM
Well, obviously I am not here on my knees begging for salvation. The reason I have only just brought it up was because I was giving the problem time to see if it resolved itself.

Which it didn't.

Until I posted this thread.

Hmmm, maybe speaking out has scared all the nasty evil computer spirits away... >.> Maybe... In anycase, it's just a strange (and sometimes annoying) occurance, and if it could be fixed thats great. And if not I'll just have to live with it, won't I?

homeofmew
28th July 2004, 08:52 PM
Suzie bans people for fun somtimes for short amounts of times she banned me for like 2 minutes from misc and 2 mins from TPM before for fun.
Suzie gets bored ok?
:025: :151:

abunaidesu
28th July 2004, 08:53 PM
Suzie bans people for fun somtimes for short amounts of times she banned me for like 2 minutes from misc and 2 mins from TPM before for fun.
Suzie gets bored ok?
:25: :151:

i really don't see how this contributes to this thread.

homeofmew
28th July 2004, 08:57 PM
it explains why some people may be banned for short amounts of time
like Agent Elrond has been expierencing, there has been ip stuff in the past where people where banned when they were not ment to be banned.
:025: :151: