PDA

View Full Version : (Continual topic) What anime have you watched this week? *Warning: Spoilers, Mat

Pages : [1] 2 3

Last Exile
28th July 2004, 03:08 AM
If people want this as a sticky, I'll make it a sticky.

This is my attempt to inject some more life into the forum.
The diea is, simply to mention something you've just watched, like just an individual episode or two or whatever, or what you saw at a club or mate's places, and briefly talk about it.

And no, there is no limit on how old it is or whatever. This is something to generate open discussion.

No flaming just because someone likes a certain anime, k? ;)

Here's mine:

Tuesday night:

Midori no Hibi ep 2 - Ok, Seiji's finally used to Midori being his right hand. He basically spends most of the ep fending of gangsters without getting Midori hurt, then winds up at Midori's place to find out what the hell is going on. Predictably, jsut as in the manga, when Midori and Seiji examine Midori, they accidently see the sleeping Midori naked. Mayhem ensues.

Rating 7/10. It's funny, but I really hope this goes for more than ecchi soon. That novelty is wearing off a bit.

Planetes ep 25 - Tanabe's not dead, no surprise. That rescue did come for her. Hachi's set to go to Jupiter, except he's got sudden mental problems. Pehrhaps a trip to the recovering Tanabe will help.

Rating - 7/10. Not too flash, but the ending made it alright.

Gantz ep 4 - Kei's adjuting to the fact that he's not quite alive and not quite dead, yet alive, somewhat. The female Kei (no relation) having a much harder time. Male Kei serves it up to a bunch of high school bullies threatening students for money. Last minute - female Kei winds up on male Kei's doorstep. Knowing the trend of this series and what the male Kei usually thinks of, somehow what will happen in ep 5 seems to involve something...steamy. ;)

Rating - 9/10. Definitely worth watching this series. It's one of the few novel thigns around. And when the R-rated version comes out on DVD only, it'll be even ebtter! ;)

12 Kokki (12 Kingdoms) ep 5 - Yoko finally stops having issues, finally, and starts defending herself without whinging. Sugimoto joins the native's side in order to gain protection and to get a swipe at Yoko. Asano stands back and acts useless as usual. Yoko gets mentyally tormented by a pupeteer. Lots of carnage as well.

Rating - 8/10. After 4 lousy eps, this series finally hits its stride. Now I get why Japan is so fanatical about this series. Fantasy and action lovers will dig this big time.

Paranoia Agent ep 10 - The episode that has two posssible titles:

1. The beginner's gudie to an animation studio
2. How to kill an entire animation studio in 20 minutes.

That and Maromi is clearly getting evil. ;)

Rating - 10/10. One of the truly defining episodes. A real payout of the whole industry that pulls no punches.

Samurai Champloo ep 2 - Mugen and Jin wonder whether Fuu's 'must find the samurai that smells of sunflowers' story is legit. Jin ends up in a battle with a seasoned assassin, Mugen has to fight a crazed magistrate and an ogre in roder to avoid death from poisioning, and Fuu develops sympathy for the ogre while kidnapped.

Rating - 9/10. Not quite as powder kegy as the first ep, but still entertaining, even just for Mugen almost seducing a woman then getting tricked, then to see his break dance samurai style fighting. And, well, Fuu's never boring. God, she has good kimonos.

*Edit I just threw in a spoiler warning to the topic title. In case you are wondering, bro.

EDIT: The last few posts have made me think we need a mature warning here too. And 'Mature Content' doesn't fit.

EDIT AGAIN: While I doubt that anyone goes back to read the first post anymore, I'll put this here just so that we have it. Until the spoiler tags are working again, please put all spoilers in colors accordingly. If your post is on the lighter background, use the color tag: (color=#333333)(/color) (replace the "()" with "[]".) If your post is on the darker background, replace the numbers with 232323. This makes it so that people have to highlight the text in order to read it, hence, a replacement for the spoiler tags.

Roarkiller
28th July 2004, 06:32 AM
Finished watching Midori no Hibi. Not bad, kinda entertaining, and a little more focused than the manga (every chapter is a different story all together). Ending kinda rushed, and IMO couldve been stretched further, like 26 eps or smthng. Overall 7/10.

Wind~A Breath of Heart: I got a topic out for this, so everything u wanna know is there. But i do have to say this, theyre kinda going overboard with the CG. I was kinda hoping for more of the traditional look which im used to. Its starting to remind me of Blue Submarine. Story's heading somewhere i guess. So far, 6.6/10.

Its only wednesday, so obviously not that much. But im getting azumanga daioh (u see, u CAN get licensed anime on the net).

fat man with a monkey
28th July 2004, 09:56 AM
By the way, Mr. Exile, there does happen to be a spoiler tag. Just thought I'd let you know.

Sabakyuu
28th July 2004, 11:50 AM
Sunday:
Naruto 92 - 6/10. I was really hoping for more action in this episode, but it turned out to be interesting. I'd like to learn alot more about Kabuto and hope the next episode is promising.

Monday:
Full Metal Alchemist Special(41+ 42) - 10/10. Every episode is getting more exciting, but all the cool characters are being killed off. Its good how they managed to kill Hughes and Scar to advance the plot, making it so much interesting.

Tuesday:
Noir 24 - 10/10. Best episode so far in Noir. These last episodes have been great, but it wassad seeing Chloe die by the fork. She quickly had become my favourite character. I just hoped the last episode isn't rushed.

Wednesday:
Azumanga Daioh 5 - 7/10. Can't believe I skipped this episode. I loved seeing Kaorin go crazy when she found out Sakaki went on the trip. :sweat4:

Razola
29th July 2004, 01:00 AM
I've only watched one or two Inuyasha reruns and a Case Closed ep. And that's only because I was playing a game and had Adult Swim on to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Roarkiller
30th July 2004, 06:04 AM
Watched Azumanga Daioh 1 and 2. I hate to say it (if u know me, u know why), but yeah its funny and attention-grabbing. Kinda stupid tho, but at least the producers managed to make great humour out of simple jokes.

Dark-San
30th July 2004, 08:40 AM
I've been catching up on my episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, Yugo and Midori no Hibi. I've so far finished watching Midori no Hibi and Yugo. Midori no Hibi's ending is a bit rush but nevertheless it still entertains me. And also Yugo well, nothing much to it~

Azura Stardust
30th July 2004, 09:25 AM
What is it now.... hm... Yesterday I watched Melody of Oblivion episode 17. Nobody here watches it, I think. I have to say while I personally love the show, on an objective-as-possible view it's quite inconsistent. There were some good things that happened in this episode, more crazy abstract things, the usual lovely music, ooh and fanservice, but this fanservice is INTERESTING fanservice, okay?! And we see a bit of depth into some of the secondary characters. As usual you need to think a bit deeper to actually see it.

The day before I believe I watched Otogizoushi 3... I love Otogizoushi, even though this episode they obviously skimped on the fight seqeuences using stills (but hey, nice stills - better than the Violinist of Hameln ones, of which there were god-knows-how-many-of), and the rest of the episode had excellent animation. I love the way they colour the objects and shade them. I am obsessed with Production I.G.'s shading method. (THey helped do it for Azumanga Daioh, I love some of the shading in Azumanga Daioh.) It's one of the very few (first for me, I believe) anime that's directed by a female! Awesome music (except the ED, gawd does it NOT FIT), stellar animation (especially the first episode), ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTER DESIGNS (I find Mansairaku quite irrisistable) and a well-told story so far, even though it may seem a bit odd first. I think many times we do not appreciate stories since we cannot experience it well enough. It's based off a Japanese folktale/legend sort of thing, I think. Only yesterday I began to understand how Tsuna would think because he's having to accompany someone who isn't Raikou...

Ah.... what else. Um... Maria-sama ga miteru ~Haru~. It may be a pleasant series but........ to tell you the truth, it does greatly bore me sometimes. Meeeh. What else is there... the anime version of Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple, I think it's aimed at kids... I keep thinking Maple Pecan Crunch when I hear this name.

The Muffin Man
30th July 2004, 09:47 AM
Pretty much the same as Raz, with the addition of Lupin the Third. I love that show.

Duo_Washu_III
30th July 2004, 11:28 PM
i like lupin and case closed. for some wierd reason i like case closed, and yet am scared of blood. but apparently virtual blood doesn't affect me....

Shinji Ikari
31st July 2004, 01:23 AM
Azumanga eps 1-14 From DVD #1-3 English... Basically that's it... Work and sleep take up the rest...

Roarkiller
31st July 2004, 01:53 AM
Watched more Azumanga Daioh.

Okay, this anime is beginning to show effects of its stupidity in my brain, with the number of times i spaced out (and NO, not as bad as that Osaka girl). Yeah well i have a habit of spacing out but it was, um, more frequent. And i got more clumsy.

Must get smthng more intelligent next. Prolly PA was the cause and AD the catalyst that im getting weirder.

Last Exile
2nd August 2004, 02:58 AM
And it's not because of Osaka!? Geez, Roarkiller, what are we going to do with you?! ;)

Here's my recent watching:

Chrno Crusade 22-24: I was teary a lot. No one wins, but in the end that's the ebst that could've been hoped for. Those certain final scenes in episode 24 were some of the most moving I've ever seen. Great finish to a classic series.

Yami, The Hat and the Traveller of Books 6-13: After far excessive fanservice, it got toned down with more relevant storyline. Once things fell into place, this series was actually quite enjoyable, even if all the main characters were lesbians. :sweat: The ending had a really nice surprise. ;)

Serial Experiments Lain: WHOA! I can't believe I didn't watch this earlier! This was so damn good it'll take a long time to get out of my head and even longer to get the opening theme out. Lain is a classic character, the theological and social discussions were some of the most potent I've ever seen, and, well, it's all so true. Gem of a series. :D

Green Green TV: Oh god, I thought this might have been okay. But after seeing every character naked int he opening, about 100 breast bounces per episode, continual hit-ons, grossly excessive fanservice I don't even want to mention, I almost threw up after the 3rd episode. The ending had an unusual twist for a love/ecchi series.

Excel Saga 1-2: Yep, my brain is going to have a field day with this. Am I going to end up with the same dementedness Kayla suffered for a week afterwards?! You bet! :D

Roarkiller
2nd August 2004, 06:25 AM
And it's not because of Osaka!? Geez, Roarkiller, what are we going to do with you?! ;)

Okay, juz in case anyone wants to know what im like in real life, look no further. So yes, im that blur, and again yes im that bad in making up conversations.

And boo for not watching Lain.

Me: Watched ep5 of Wind. Its turning out to be like To Heart, only each ep is half the length (wonder why). No apparent storyline is view either. But at least i know now that everyone who was born in that town is literally a mutant (imagine X-men land, u'll get what i mean).

Dark Scizor
2nd August 2004, 09:47 PM
Midori no Hibi ep 2 - Ok, Seiji's finally used to Midori being his right hand. He basically spends most of the ep fending of gangsters without getting Midori hurt, then winds up at Midori's place to find out what the hell is going on. Predictably, jsut as in the manga, when Midori and Seiji examine Midori, they accidently see the sleeping Midori naked. Mayhem ensues.

Rating 7/10. It's funny, but I really hope this goes for more than ecchi soon. That novelty is wearing off a bit.

Damn you, i read about Midori no Hibi in my Newtype USA last month and i want to watch it :angry: Along with Nurse Witch Komugi.

I just ordered Chrno Crusade of eBay and i should be watching it by the beginning of next week at absolute latest since the seller is in Hong Kong and i don't have a dsl connection so no torrents for me :( Also going to be watching Kiddy Grade and FMP volume 6 over the next few weeks as well.

Last Exile
3rd August 2004, 01:38 AM
Roarkiller, can you give Dark Scizor via PM the place where the entire series of Midori no Hibi manga is available? I don't have it on me right now.

Roarkiller
3rd August 2004, 08:28 AM
Roarkiller, can you give Dark Scizor via PM the place where the entire series of Midori no Hibi manga is available? I don't have it on me right now.

Why, is he asking for it? Couldve asked me myself.

And no btw, its not the ENITRE series, it hasnt ended. And i dont usually read Shonen Sunday so i dunno how far its gone neither.

Last Exile
4th August 2004, 07:39 AM
Excel Saga eps 3-4 - Oh boy, this is already getting pretty heavy. Lord knows what lines were crossed by before the infamous 26th episodes. Still fun, though.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - The great relationship between Miyazaki and Ghibli begins. A potent story about environmental disasters, war and humanity's stupidity that is still good as gold 20 years after it was made. Nausicaa is a gem of a female character.

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette ep 2 - Geez, even more messed up than the first episode! The goriest exocrism/torture scene I've ever seen, Cossette's true past and tragic downfall is revealed, Eiri goes deeper into his obsession/relationship with Cossette and that chick that cares about him is beginning to lose it. One feels you know some of what will happen in the 3rd and final episode, but how it happens is what will make it really interesting. A mighty good OVA.

Roarkiller
6th August 2004, 09:40 AM
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - The great relationship between Miyazaki and Ghibli begins. A potent story about environmental disasters, war and humanity's stupidity that is still good as gold 20 years after it was made. Nausicaa is a gem of a female character.

Technically, Nausicaa isnt a ghibli movie, since it was created before the creation of studio ghibli.

Um yeah, juz thought id point that out.

I watched Pretear ep1. Horrible. Well, i guess it could be okay if ur the kind who watch DBZ/pkmn/YGH every day, but its still bad. Still, ill continue anyway, cuz i dont have much to watch while waiting for the next Wind ep. And i juz found a new torrent for Azumanga Daioh, KickAssAnime is kinda slow.

Last Exile
7th August 2004, 04:39 AM
Hmm, then why is it billed as a Ghibli movie over here? Weird.

Stay away from Pretear, got it. ;)

Torrents for Azumanga Daioh still exist?! You're quite lucky. I have the whole series anyway. ;)

I so want to get hold of Elfen Lied once it gets fansubbed. Man, it sounds like the sci-fi/violence/gore pinnacle.

Roarkiller
7th August 2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm, then why is it billed as a Ghibli movie over here? Weird.

Stay away from Pretear, got it. ;)

Torrents for Azumanga Daioh still exist?! You're quite lucky. I have the whole series anyway. ;)

I so want to get hold of Elfen Lied once it gets fansubbed. Man, it sounds like the sci-fi/violence/gore pinnacle.

Its been labelled as a ghibli movie only cuz Miyazaki directed it, and ppl tend to think that miyazaki = ghibli, even tho its not. But juz to not confuse ppl, the studio decided to juz include it in their list anyway.

Yeah i know pretear syx, but it wont hurt seeing how it goes. I mean, 13 eps isnt much to suffer, and i havent watched FLCL yet.

Btw, theres also this anime with a french sounding title thats supposed to be gore based. Forgot where i heard it from, ill look it up when im free.

Dark Scizor
7th August 2004, 05:23 PM
Just watched the first 12 episodes of Chrno Crusade.

Loved it since the first episode :D

Edit Just finished the series a bit ago. The ending seemed nice till it got the the Vatican :eek: Tragic though :(

Last Exile
8th August 2004, 04:02 AM
DS, you need to know one thing:

GONZO changed the way things happened in the manga a fair bit. If you compare the two, apparently after the first manga volume, thigns are quite different. Furthermore, the manga ending is really different to the anime ending.

Just thought you'd like to know. I'm getting the 2nd volume of manga this month (8 volumes in total), so once it's all out, we shall see.

Roarkiller
8th August 2004, 07:23 AM
Too bad theres no sites that host it.

Watched Another ep of pretear. U know, it kinda reminds me of CCS a lot. A little fast paced (and hence a bit off focus), but its watchable. Or at least, more watchable than Maburaho.

So i think ill stick till the end to see what happens. Never got past vol1 of the manga anyway.

Dark Scizor
8th August 2004, 09:50 AM
DS, you need to know one thing:

GONZO changed the way things happened in the manga a fair bit. If you compare the two, apparently after the first manga volume, thigns are quite different. Furthermore, the manga ending is really different to the anime ending.

Just thought you'd like to know. I'm getting the 2nd volume of manga this month (8 volumes in total), so once it's all out, we shall see.

Yeah, i heard about that just before i started watching it and fans of the CC manga :D Its supposed to get a lot different after the first 2 episodes, then it takes its own path (Thats what they said) I think i also read it (that the two were different) in your thread when CC finished in Japan.

I'll be getting the manga as soon as I can get it in England, but chances are its going to be a long time before i see it lol As long as the ending isn't quite as tragic, i'll be happy :D

Last Exile
9th August 2004, 03:47 AM
Yeah, i heard about that just before i started watching it and fans of the CC manga :D Its supposed to get a lot different after the first 2 episodes, then it takes its own path (Thats what they said) I think i also read it (that the two were different) in your thread when CC finished in Japan.

I'll be getting the manga as soon as I can get it in England, but chances are its going to be a long time before i see it lol As long as the ending isn't quite as tragic, i'll be happy :D

That really, really depends on how you define tragedy. Seriously.

Those who have sene the anime ending and the arguments it sparked will know what I mean.

Dark Scizor
9th August 2004, 01:10 PM
That really, really depends on how you define tragedy. Seriously.

Those who have sene the anime ending and the arguments it sparked will know what I mean.

Wel, i guess tragic to describe the ending is a bit too much, but i thought it was kinda sad (and annoying) how Rosette and Chrno died (although it was a nice way to die) but i guess that was because i really really wanted them to live, seeing Aion alive just topped it all off. They could have left it with Seeing Azmaria at Rosettes grave, but they just had to carry on.

Last Exile
10th August 2004, 03:11 AM
SpoilerSimply put, it's a symbol that the war between good and evil is never over. Aion is the instigator of major world events that spawn great evil, and a symbol of how good can turn bad. So hence he would come back. Azmaria was the symbol of good for the enw generation. WHile Remington was the symbol of those who give up.

Dark Scizor
10th August 2004, 03:30 PM
Ooooh, I didn't think that about Azmaria or Remington as symbols, but i did get the Aion one. I guess i should have watched the last episode a few more times and not to stay up till the early morning to watch it :sweat2::sleep:

Last Exile
10th August 2004, 10:49 PM
Blame it from taking a Year 11 assignment on symbolism in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest too seriously. :D

It had a permanent effect on me, after successfully interpreting the Chief's Dream.

Symbolism is a key thing in a lot of animes. Last Exile, Chrno Crusade, Serial Experiments Lain, Paranoia Agent...symbolism is pretty integral in these in roder to get to the higher menaing those animes try to convey.

Anyways, back to my latest ventures:

Excel Saga eps 5-8: Fake horror, pretty girls...oh boy, my brain hurts. This truly is a running fanfiction. I might watch ti to the end...particularly since no one bothered to burn off the stuff I asked for. *sigh*

Midori no Hibi ep 3: Oh, GOD! This episode was a riot! Geez, who would've thought Seiji's sister was way tougher than him? And who would've thought we'd have been allowed to see that much of her, either? Oh, wait, that's what hot spring episodes are for, aren't they?! ;)

Planetes ep 26: Finally over. I have to say, nothing of importance really happened in this episode. Seemd to be a quick tie-up-every-loose end job.

Gantz ep5 (Title - I did it!) : Oh, GOD! This episode completely rocks! Basically, our dear damsel in distress rocks up on Kei's doorstep in need of help. No surprises as to what Kei is thinking of all night as a result. The results are pretty amusing! :D As are her 'surprising' reactions! One can never think of pets in the same way again!

12 Kokuki ep 6 - Very entertaining episode. Yoko has been aided by a half-human, half-mouse in her quest to find somplace safe. Plus she's finally grown a spine and lusts to kill bad guys...yeah. ;) lad I bothered to stick out the first few dull episodes.

Maico 2010 eps 1 and 2 - Oh god, this is corny as, and shocking too. As if that opening theme wasn't the corniest thing ever devised. Someone that is more familiar with the Asian scene, please tell me - Did people even liek this over there?! How could people like this?! When even the characters don't even care, that says something.

Paranoia Agent ep 11 - Ikari's wife tells Shounen Bat to get stuffed. Shounen Bat throws a temper tantrum. Ikari has issues about past and present and explores them with an ex-con he now works with. Funny and the most straight-forward episode ever.

Samurai Champloo ep 3 - THIS SERIES CAN DO NO WRONG...so far. :D yeah, this was a bloody good episode. Mugen and Jin decide to ditch Fuu and go their separate ways. Mugen gets involved with one rival clan, Jin with the other. Fuu gets captured by brothel people. Any questiosn as to what happens next?! :D

Gokusen ep11 - Shin's dad is a top-ranking cop...joy. Yankumi looks set to enter a war with the police. Geez, maybe something half-decent might finally happen for once. Oh well, at least there's no more fanservice of butt-ugly people anymore or over-melodramatic scenes.

Dark Scizor
11th August 2004, 07:53 AM
Guess i'm going to have to understand these things like i did with Evangelion, i payed thorough attention to that lol

Anyways, i found Midori no Hibi and Maburaho an eBay so i think i should be watching them quite soon :D

PancaKe
15th August 2004, 04:08 AM
Ive JUST started watchin proper anime (forget about pokemon and stuff like that -.-)

Ryan gave me a whole bunch of stuff and I'm startin off with Full Metal Panic. It is sooo cool! I really like it.

Animelee
15th August 2004, 05:07 AM
"Proper" anime? Isn't "anime" a word just used to describe Japanese cartoons? I've been out of the "otaku" loop for so long, I don't know what all these new terms mean, like "glomp".

Dark Scizor
15th August 2004, 07:30 AM
I don't know what all these new terms mean, like "glomp".

I thought it was quite an old saying, but i thought it was to hit someone else lol Anyway glomping is like an affectionate hug or some sort of tackle. I can't think of anything better to say. An example being Chikorita always jumping on/glomping Ash in the pokémon anime.

By proper anime i think she means things that people don't know about as much, so its the anime which you would only watch if you collected anime rather then things known by everyone like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon etc. (Although they are still anime) That made sense to me but i'm tired. If it didn't make sense to you i'll edit it.

Chrono Storm
15th August 2004, 02:12 PM
Not counting the FMA episodes I saw before:

FMA 38-44: SWEET. Although they killed off two of my favorite characters (my fave's been dead for a while), the episodes RULED. Me, being the insensitive person I am, kept throwing Monty Python references throught the end of 41 and most of 42, and I might've thrown in a Princess Bride ref. Pride is awesome, as is Hohenheim.

Monster 12-16: Lots of interesting happenings, and Deiter is the most badass little kid I have ever seen in an anime. Er, minus Ed, Al, and Wrath.

Last Exile
16th August 2004, 01:44 AM
By proper anime i think she means things that people don't know about as much, so its the anime which you would only watch if you collected anime rather then things known by everyone like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon etc. (Although they are still anime) That made sense to me but i'm tired. If it didn't make sense to you i'll edit it.

That is correct, she meant that. ;)

The Muffin Man
16th August 2004, 10:26 AM
That is correct, she meant that. ;)

Then she's also an idiot fangirl :wave:

Anime is any japanese animation. It's no more or less pure because it is or is not mainstream.

And no I'm not discriminating. I hate people who are like that about "indy" music and claim bands sell out because they hit it big.

Razola
16th August 2004, 10:56 AM
Watched some Inuyasha, Case Closed, Samurai Champloo, and Trigun this week.

Last Exile
17th August 2004, 07:09 AM
Then she's also an idiot fangirl :wave:

Anime is any japanese animation. It's no more or less pure because it is or is not mainstream.

And no I'm not discriminating. I hate people who are like that about "indy" music and claim bands sell out because they hit it big.

I still like Linkin Park and always will, as will Tara, regardless of whether they're indie or mainstream or whatever.

We all have to start somewhere. What Tara probably meant is she'd have preferred to have started with something like Full Metal Panic rather than kiddie stuff like Pokemon. As would I.

As for new anime:

Midori no Hibi 4 - No nudity but a big time payout of otaku culture and nice cosplaying by mini Midori. Sweet. ;)

Wolf's Rain 29 - Oh god, I am so glad there is only one episode left! This series could have been an epic but it fell apart so badly it's criminal. The OAv add on has been nothing but predictable crap to make more money. Shame.

GANTZ 6 - Katou kicks some butt and Kei gets closer with the chick. And GANTZ is calling...

12 Kingdoms 7 - Yoko fianlly slices the paranoia guy, kills more evill stuff and gets her head striaght and makes some friends. About time. ;)

Maico 2010 3 - Even by 1996 standards, it just seems...nothing.

Paranoia Agent 12 - Young police guy is back with a vengeance and cracks the true secret behind SHounen Bat (which I figured out a few eps ago). Sagi, Maromi and SHounen Bat suffer the consequences. (Ifound the last 3 eps abit weird, bgut having watchied Serial Experiments Lain, I made sense of it. The head of the club was damn impressed I figured that out and says I'm damn close to the truth, without having seen ep 13. Oh boy, the final promises to be good!)

Samurai Champloo 4 - More fights, Fuu bares a flying squirrel, girl power and wicked dice rolling powers, Mugen and Jin patch up and kill a lot of bad guys in style. That's always nice. :D

Gokusen 12 - Shirokin Gauken is to be closed down. Yankumi figures a way to save the day, but her true identity is exposed.

PancaKe
17th August 2004, 08:53 AM
Thank you Ryan. You know me too well :P

Yeah what ryan said was pretty much what i meant. Chill out - I posted that at like 1 am and was tired :P Still watching Full Metal Panic, and after that I'm going to start on Last Exile or Full Metal Panic 2.

Dark Scizor
17th August 2004, 03:41 PM
Just about to Order Midori no hibi off eBay :D

So that should be coming my way quite soon.

Till then i am waiting for the next FMP! DVD to come out as well, then only 1 more after that and i'm finally done with it. Till FMP! 3 though.

Razola
17th August 2004, 06:47 PM
Rather than put "Continual Topic", shouldn't this just be stickied?

Roarkiller
18th August 2004, 08:00 AM
Dark scizor, i reeeaaally dont recommend u to buy maburaho, if u havent bought it by now.

And TMM, in japan, anime simply means all thinks animated, including shrek :):)

Watched more Azumanga Daioh. To be honest, more than 50% of the show is nonsense and some of the jokes fall flat or not that funny (or it could be the sub), but i guess the funny kinda makes up for it.

And Wind ep6. For the record, this is not a recommended anime unless 1)u liked To Heart, and/or 2)u like CG-loaded anime.

Btw, could anyone recommend me some other anime to watch? AD is going kinda slow for me.

The Muffin Man
18th August 2004, 09:17 AM
Dark scizor, i reeeaaally dont recommend u to buy maburaho, if u havent bought it by now.

And TMM, in japan, anime simply means all thinks animated, including shrek :):)

Watched more Azumanga Daioh. To be honest, more than 50% of the show is nonsense and some of the jokes fall flat or not that funny (or it could be the sub), but i guess the funny kinda makes up for it.

And Wind ep6. For the record, this is not a recommended anime unless 1)u liked To Heart, and/or 2)u like CG-loaded anime.

Btw, could anyone recommend me some other anime to watch? AD is going kinda slow for me.

In Japan, it's all things animated.
Therefore, Anime is any japanese animation.
:wave:

Roarkiller
19th August 2004, 06:14 AM
In Japan, it's all things animated.
Therefore, Anime is any japanese animation.
:wave:

The 2nd sentence, vice versa is true. A=B doesnt mean the reverse is true.

And u were complaining bout my english? lol

Chrono Storm
19th August 2004, 08:25 AM
No FMA this week.

Monster 17: NINA KICKS ASS. I was really hoping to see some Johann, though...

Samurai Champloo 1: I am definately following this series. The first episode ROCKED.

Last Exile
19th August 2004, 09:22 AM

Geez, 2004 is kina lax. I can only recommend the obvious, which you might have seen already. Here goes:

Samurai Champloo
GANTZ
Paranoia Agent (I think you've seen it all already)
Le Portrait de Petit Cosette (2 episodes available, 3rd [last] one coming soon)
Macross Zero (4 episodes available, 5th [last] coming in the next few months)
Midori no Hibi
Tenjo Tenge
Monster

Does any of that sound possible?

Riachu64
19th August 2004, 07:18 PM
X: episodes 1-9 + OVA1

Ooo... I got these DVDs for $10 each. It's a pretty good series so far. I'm hooked. Too bad there weren't any more at the store I bought them at. Anyway, great story so far. I gotta find the rest of these episodes...

The Muffin Man
19th August 2004, 08:40 PM
The 2nd sentence, vice versa is true. A=B doesnt mean the reverse is true.

And u were complaining bout my english? lol

No actually, just your obvious inability to spell three letter words.

Last Exile
20th August 2004, 02:20 AM
okay, you two, cool it. No need to stir up trouble.

Sitcky time as this seems to be the best option now. And because Raz wants it too. ;)

Roarkiller
20th August 2004, 09:04 AM
Samurai Champloo : Sounds interesting. Might try
GANTZ : Dunno whazzit about, will look up
Paranoia Agent (can u say duh?)
Le Portrait de Petit Cosette (if its juz 3 eps, why not?)
Macross Zero (Macross? As in that macross? Dont really like mecha tho)
Midori no Hibi (finished that last mth)
Tenjo Tenge (reading manga, dont think i have a fetish for hentai)
Monster (um... series too long? :P)

No actually, just your obvious inability to spell three letter words.

Too long, didnt read.

Chrono Storm
20th August 2004, 10:56 AM
Monster's not too long now. It's only got 18 episodes out so far, though it's going to seventy. It's worth it, though. Very intriguing storyline, though the lack of fight scenes might turn a few people off.

Anyway, I'd reccomend Fullmetal Alchemist because it's quite cool. It doesn't get really good until episode seven, though.

Goten Shy
26th August 2004, 04:10 PM
The best anime ever is Cardcaptor Sakura! tis amazing! If i could only find a decent CCS Forum... And then some sort of CC ASCB (Anime Style Card Battle)

Roarkiller
28th August 2004, 10:55 AM
Finished watching Azumanga Daioh. I kinda get the feeling that the series is focused on Chiyo-chan's life in school. Theres a 5-minute short as well, but using a different art. Gawd that one sux.

Watched Elfen Lied ep1. Okay, the nudity is a bit excessive, but i think i gte what they mean when they say the gore is not suitable for kids. U know, i might just begin to like this anime :evil:

homeofmew
10th September 2004, 08:31 PM
POKEMON: well who doesnt watch pokemon at a pokemon board
YUGIOH: this show is getting freaky but still good
CardCaptors: not shown on TV anymore still a good show ^_^
DRAGONBALL series: classic show
WOLF's RAIN: Very good show I got the full DVD set
INUYASHA: about a dog demon with action packed,funny, and romance.
RUROUNI KENSHIN: 150 yeaqrs a go a undefeatable assasin goes good. action packed, romance, and funny
YUU YUU HAKUSHO: A spirit detective who kills bad demons. Funny, action packed, and romance.
WITCH HUNTER ROBIN: Robin hunts down witches who kill people.

Riachu64
10th September 2004, 09:59 PM
ARHG!! Stupid Naruto anime... right as we're gonna get to this awesome part, they gotta do fillers for the next 10 episodes... grr....

*sigh* I guess it's better than the series stopping. Kishimoto has been slowing down the pace of the manga for the past few volumes, and it's just barely started to pick up. They gotta do fillers to let him get a bit more ahead, but still...

So many cool fights. ;_;

Last Exile
11th September 2004, 02:07 AM
Latest exploits:

Someday's Dreamers - Watched the whole lot. I loved it to pieces. It's veyr honest about people, emotions, reality and growing up. Yume was a really heartwarming character. I'm beginning to like shoujo stuff more, I've noticed lately. ;)

Midori no Hibi to episode 8 - Oh joy, this is a real fantasy trip. Watch with care.

GANTZ - Crazy ending but it was fun! Still, I wish they didn't stuff around at times. Spending 1.5 episodes on only FOUR PAGES of manga equivalent is downright stupid!

Samurai Champloo up to ep 13 - The plot is kicking in now. Jin displays a softer side for once. And Mugen's dark past has come back to haunt him...

Ghost In The SHell second series eps 1-2 - Not impressed so far. Is nothing different at all from the first series. First episode was okay in pieces, 2nd episode came off like a lame rip-off of Paranoia Agent. Will continue but it's not on top of my priority list.

Gundam SEED eps 1-2 - Yes, i tried it. It wasn't bad actually, but I wouldn't call it good either. It's following the usual formula of Gundam series, but at least the characters seem a bit better than usual.

And then came the big shock:

Elfen Lied episode 1 - OH MY GOD! They were right...NOTHING can prepare you for what happens in the first episode! That much graphic killing and graphic nudity combined is a real overload for the senses! Still, I'm intrigued. It's Studio VAPs trademark gore-fest with Studio Genco's trademark cuteness! What a freaking weird combo! I'm getting more, because apparently there's seven episodes available now. Looks like Roarkiller isn't the only one in danger of liking this anymore. ;)

sage
12th September 2004, 01:04 AM
Naruto 100 was just more Rock Lee lovin'

Flashbacks galore and a cool last 30 seconds.

Roarkiller
12th September 2004, 07:45 AM
Elfen Lied episode 1 - OH MY GOD! They were right...NOTHING can prepare you for what happens in the first episode! That much graphic killing and graphic nudity combined is a real overload for the senses! Still, I'm intrigued. It's Studio VAPs trademark gore-fest with Studio Genco's trademark cuteness! What a freaking weird combo! I'm getting more, because apparently there's seven episodes available now. Looks like Roarkiller isn't the only one in danger of liking this anymore. ;)

How nice. Beware of later episodes. The story may be okay, and the violence could be rated M18, but the hentai... believe u me, this aint for the conservative.

Actually, im only watching for the gore :lol: I kinda have a sadistic attraction to them.

Anyway:

Elfen Lied: So far watched 7 eps. Story's coming around nicely, and it seems like Lucy has some kind of connection to Kouta in the past (thats as far as spoilers go). Ecchi level seems to be going down, thats a relief.

Angelic Layer: I know, i know, its old. But i juz thought id try it. Pacing is kinda on the slow side, and story... story? Yeah i guess there is one. Maybe. I guess this is one of Clamp's lesser works. Otherwise the studio did a bad job.

GITS Innocence: Obviously a copy can never be as good as the original. No im not talking about the original GITS, im talking bout The Matrix. Innocence starts off slow, buildin up the characters and plot, explores some philosophical issues, then gets into the action. by the time it ends, i'll bet u'll also think the fight scenes r better than any fights in the matrix trilogy. And oh, its by Production IG, so obviously the animation and art is top notch. The song used in the opening and the final fight scene is simply superb.

Ive been thinking of watching Last Exile for a long time, but ive been putting it off, and now i cant watch it at all cuz im downloading 3 series and havent burned them off. I only got 2GB left of my 40GB, and that aint good.

Last Exile
12th September 2004, 06:50 PM
If you wanted Last Exile that much, why don't you ask me? I can send it to you if you want.

PancaKe
26th September 2004, 08:24 AM
This week...

Finished watching Full Metal Panic series 1. Was pretty damn cool, I liked.

Watched episode 1 and 2 of She, The Ultimate Weapon (cant remember the jap name). I really really liked it, and almost cried! awww

Started watching Please Teacher, episodes 1 and 2. It's so lost and confusing. :S im not really sure if it's my thing, but i'm gonna keep on watching anyway. (and besides, I dont even reckon Mizuho is that pretty).

Last Exile
26th September 2004, 10:18 PM
This week...

Finished watching Full Metal Panic series 1. Was pretty damn cool, I liked.

Watched episode 1 and 2 of She, The Ultimate Weapon (cant remember the jap name). I really really liked it, and almost cried! awww

Started watching Please Teacher, episodes 1 and 2. It's so lost and confusing. :S im not really sure if it's my thing, but i'm gonna keep on watching anyway. (and besides, I dont even reckon Mizuho is that pretty).

Dang, now you've watcvhed something I haven't! (Saikano) Oh well, I better rustle up my anime mates then. ;)

Please Teacher...same old harem coupled with typical male fantasy. I don't find Mizuho attractive either.

Chidori on the other hand, now there's a nice one. ;) And a good series too.

FMP and Saikano...both GONZO products. Might have another GONZO junkie in the making here. :D

PancaKe
28th September 2004, 08:46 AM
Yea ^.^ I duno.

I decided I would watch Azumangadiaoh today - watched episode 2. That was sooo cute n funny! I love Osaka and Tomo. Tomo-chan reminds me so much of me, just because she's loud, obnoxious, and lol. She's just wacked :D

homeofmew
7th November 2004, 08:46 PM
Gundam Seed: very good show, the music is good.

Dark-San
7th November 2004, 09:48 PM
Gundam Seeds Destiny~ A serial of Gundam Seeds. Epsiode 4 should be out by today. Basically a new character emerges from the battle of Orb. Second main character would be Asuran.

Bleach~ Quite a good anime. Lolz~ Soul Society and stuffs. If you hav watched its manga, you will love this one. Though the anime is much cleaner than the manga...

My Hime~ Woot this anime rocks. High School Babes and stuffs. Babes with power that destroys evil creatures and save the world in the process!

Last Exile
8th November 2004, 12:24 AM
I've seen the first ep[s of Bleach and My-Hime. Bleach is great and My-Hime looks good too.

Other new ones I recommend are Sunabouzu and Genishuken.

Other other fronts, finished Elfen Lied Midori no Hibi and Macross Zero. Also saw the Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence movie and have now watched 36 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. I'll probably have the remaining 15 done pretty quickly.

pokemasterfrank
16th November 2004, 08:04 PM
Bleach~ Quite a good anime. Lolz~ Soul Society and stuffs. If you hav watched its manga, you will love this one. Though the anime is much cleaner than the manga...

How do you watch a manga :P

Anyway, I concur. Bleach is very good. Even from epi 1, this thing shot into my top ten favorite anime :o However, I hope they don't crap out the plot or anything and make it a monster of the week thing (btw, I have not read the manga, though it'd be interesting).

I watched the latest episode of Grenadier (4, I think). Seems pretty good so far. I think they have a good plot set up so far, though the plot can go either way at this point.

ryandude713
27th November 2004, 09:25 PM
the manga bleach is damn good
ive watched the first 4 episodes of full metal alchemist. damn good show that actually is creative.
ive been watching lots of flcl cuz its the best amine ever. im actually starting to get the plot now!
ive tried watching rave master but its just too boring
and inuyasha but that show just sucks now. the creator is gonna drag it down like she did w/ ranma 1/2

Dark Scizor
28th November 2004, 06:27 PM
Finally finished FMP after a year or so of getting the DVD's.

I'm still wanting to get a hold of Midori no hibi, but I'm soo poor at the moment :(.

Razola
17th December 2004, 01:16 PM
I'm back home for the Holidays, which means I can actually sit down and watch some stuff.

Full Metal Alchemist is starting to grow on me, though it (or the dub at least) tends to repeat the laws of alchemy way too much. Okay, I realize it requires an equal trade; I don't need to be reminded every episode. I've seen only a handful of episodes, but at the moment it's not bad.

Super Milk Chan is just bizzare. And not in the awesome FLCL way. It does have some solid comedy parts (the bugs underground dealing with adultery, the worm having his serious monologues), it relies way too much on a formula for something that would otherwise be random. She avoid paying rent, she watches TV, she hassles the President, she goes to Dr. Eyepatch to accomplish the Prez's task, and then does said task. Both episode have been like this, and I hope something stirs it all up.

I can't enjoy Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex. Perhaps its the bland voice acting (the one standout being the VA who played Ed in Bebop, terribly miscast as a hulking robot, though) or the fact that I can get over the female lead wearing practically nothing. Are the police of the future that sexist? Or does she not believe in the merits of leg protection? Who knows.

PancaKe
6th January 2005, 11:20 PM
The other week I sat and watched the 3rd dvd of Saikano (she the ultimate weapon) and to tell you the truth, it was all boring slow death. Well, I found it quite boring. if someone is going to die, blow their head off. Don't have a twenty minute "before i die i need to have a conversation wtih you while im in pain" session. That's so annoying!!

But yeah, aside from that, it was an okay watch. Hopefully it gets better
^.^ And I've got a whole bunch of anime to watch thanks to Ryan *hugs* luv ya dude!

Andrew
6th January 2005, 11:32 PM
The anime I've watched this week.

-Crushgear. Oh dear god this show sucks. Why on earth could someone make an anime about little machines being epic battles and all? 1/10

- Duel Masters. Horribly animated, no sense storyline, and a card game I don't understand with creatures done rather cheaply. HOWEVER I love its little campy redeeming moments. "I was going to sing 'When my baby smiles at me I go to rio'" But that doesn't justify anything over a 2/10.

- Beyblade Season 3. I'm rather amused at how a show about spinning tops is still going. Its wonderfully amusing to me. But it still sucks monkey balls. 1.5/10

AntiAsh Superstar
13th January 2005, 07:20 AM
Been watching Trigun eps 1 - 6, finally got round to watching it after a long time simply meaning to and never getting round to it. Vash the Stampede is a class character the way he can do both moodiness and utter silliness, often within seconds of each other. :O

Last Exile
13th January 2005, 11:33 PM
The anime I've watched this week.

-Crushgear. Oh dear god this show sucks. Why on earth could someone make an anime about little machines being epic battles and all? 1/10

- Duel Masters. Horribly animated, no sense storyline, and a card game I don't understand with creatures done rather cheaply. HOWEVER I love its little campy redeeming moments. "I was going to sing 'When my baby smiles at me I go to rio'" But that doesn't justify anything over a 2/10.

- Beyblade Season 3. I'm rather amused at how a show about spinning tops is still going. Its wonderfully amusing to me. But it still sucks monkey balls. 1.5/10

THAT IS NOT PROPER ANIME!

Andy, if you want some PROPER anime, just ask!

The Muffin Man
13th January 2005, 11:35 PM
I don't think even the mods get to spam up a thread and attack other people because you don't think it's "proper anime".

Roarkiller
14th January 2005, 08:06 AM
I don't think even the mods get to spam up a thread and attack other people because you don't think it's "proper anime".

Hard to argue with that.

Watched Fll Metal Panic, will be finishing soon. 1st ep of Otogizoushi, finished ROD last week. Watching Hellsing and Juuni Kokki on local channel.

Damn, i thought this thread was dead. Meh.

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 01:03 AM

Mike, Andy and I have had this running argument about anime for months. This is my simple way of telling him to shut up...nicely.

Andrew
17th January 2005, 01:05 AM
We've had a running argument?

I had no idea!

YOU'RE NOT MY INTARWEB FRIEND ANYMORE!11

(Feel the drama)

Oh, and Bayblade is still awful.

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 01:09 AM
Oh, and Bayblade is still awful.

I'd feel REALLY sad for you if you couldn't come to that conclusion. As if watching spinning blades compete is exciting.

Andrew
17th January 2005, 01:13 AM
I still have to commend them for making three series full of 1/2 hour episodes all about spinning tops. Its like an anime around Noughts and Crosses. Something so mundane could possibly be drawn out like that.

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 01:20 AM
I still have to commend them for making three series full of 1/2 hour episodes all about spinning tops. Its like an anime around Noughts and Crosses. Something so mundane could possibly be drawn out like that.

It's called Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Digimon, Gundam, Doraemon, Digi Charat Nyo, etc....

Dark Scizor
19th January 2005, 07:34 PM
I'm on Uchuu No Stellvia episode 8 at the moment, only another 18 more to go :).

I'm gonna get Gundam SEED soon and I still need to get Midori no Hibi or anything else on my hitlist :(.

Ghost
23rd January 2005, 09:39 PM
Hmmmm...

Yesterday I saw Full Metal Alchemist. The episode was ' The Other Brothers Elric Part 1'

I also saw Ghost in the Shell: SAC. I am not sure what episode it was... But FMA is awesome :jump:

The Muffin Man
23rd January 2005, 10:03 PM
It's called Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Digimon, Gundam, Doraemon, Digi Charat Nyo, etc....

DBZ is a spoof on action anime(this one, I do admit, the dubs killed), Pokemon was based on a great idea but just overstayed its' welcome, Gundam is more than "LOLZ COLLECT AND FIGHT TOPS" but just seems to have a new face every month, and Digimon actually gets pretty deep later on in the series.

Dark-San
24th January 2005, 07:04 AM
Just here to recommend that you guys try the anime Mahou Sensei Negima. I've saw its manga before and I must admit that its pretty good. Thats why I gave its anime a go. Hmm I caught Air's third episode last week too. The anime is just a bit slow. I got pretty bored after just watching 3 episodes. Detective Q Academy is not too bad either. When you dudes compared it with its pre-ancestoral Kindaichi, you will find the story plot more developed and also more interesting in fact even though the second opening theme might sounds a bit stupid. -_-"

Dark Scizor
24th January 2005, 11:20 AM
I finished Watching Stellvia on Saturday night :). I quite liked it (though I know some other people may not, I did).

Gonna have to get Girls Bravo and Midori no Hibi soon.

AntiAsh Superstar
26th January 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm currently ploughing my way through Slayers Next (up to ep 8 now, and I gotta say if there's a single 'relationship that isn't actually blatantly stated' thing in anime that leaves me in a Shipping-esque state of 'OMG WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST ADMIT YOUR FEELINGS??????' it's that of Zelgadis and Amelia...), still plodding through Trigun (just finished ep 9, I swear Vash gets more interesting with each episode...) and have also taken a liking to Hellsing. ^_^

I did watch the first ep of Naruto a few days ago, too, but I gotta say it really didn't do anything for me bar make me want to throttle the main character. =/

Dark-San
27th January 2005, 07:55 AM
Damn it! Naruto should be out by today! What on earth are the fansubbers doing? O just a little bit of update for today! I caught up with episode 15 of My Hime today. It seems like the anime is near its ending. It seems like Mai had sacrifice herself in order to save the rest of the students at Fuka Academy from Alyssa-chan's blast. Its a pretty rush move for her and suicidal as well. In the end, the bad dudes didn't win either as Alyssa-chan died and Miyu of course followed her to her death as well.

Also from Gundam Seeds Destiny 15, it looks like Asurun's Saviour is finally in action with some of Orb's Gundams. And also the rest of the crew at Minerva too realized that he is from FAITH, an elite individual that reports directly to the ZAFT council. Funny stuffs right?

I too caught Detective Q Academy 25 and Mahou Sensei Negima 3 too.

Last Exile
28th January 2005, 01:37 AM
Gundam SEED is actually funny? I must have missed something.

Razola
28th January 2005, 02:13 AM
An anime is actually funny? I must have missed something.
Yeah, I said it.

Roarkiller
28th January 2005, 07:49 AM
Gundam SEED is actually funny? I must have missed something.

Weird funny, not haha funny, lol.

I didnt know Negima had an anime. I know Ichigo 100% DVD will be out on march tho.

Anyway:

Havent really watched much anime this week and last, just the nightly Juuni Kokki and Hellsing wed to fri,on 11-12. Tho i'll be catching up on Otogizoushi sometime soon. Hellsign is looking bettween so-so and good, tho i can't believe its only 13 eps, since i watched ep11 last night and it hardly seemd to be anywhere near the conclusion (about 1 more hr to ep12 tonight as i type this).

AntiAsh Superstar
28th January 2005, 11:54 PM
I dunno, I'm rather enjoying Hellsing, but then again I'm biased in favour of random vampire plotlines. Okay, it ain't anything APPROACHING the sheer genius of Cyber City Oedo ep 3, which is prolly one of the most astounding things I've ever seen in terms of deep, moody plots with bucketloads of emotional twists, but meh...

Pichu
29th January 2005, 12:12 AM
hmm.. what i watch this week? and last week?
naruto, naruto, naruto, and naruto.. ^_^

I saw epi 79 of naruto just now.. >_>

spoiler??
naruto summons gamabunta which transforms himself into Ninetales, it was so cool ^_^
but, third hokage dies xx;;

Dark Scizor
29th January 2005, 03:26 PM
Just watching Read or Die now. Just put an order through for Midori no Hibi and Elfen Lied.

Dark-San
30th January 2005, 05:58 AM
@Pichu >> Can ya change your font color? I don't wish to highlight your reply to read your post everytime!

Yupz its me, Darkyouth, again. I caught 2 episodes of animes today. One is Mahou Sensei Negima 4 and the other is Air 4. Not going to drop spoilers this time round for the sake of those who hadn't caught the anime yet.

However what I can say for Mahou Sensei Negima's episode that it is just typical comedical, nothing hyp-ish about it. Things are a lot different for Air's case. It seems like the anime is turning for the better. No more of those boring meaningless talk between the 2 main characters.

Gundam Seeds Destiny will be out in 6 hours time today. And as for Naruto, there havn't been any release this week! I'm forward to the battle between Kimimaru and Naruto. And also its been a long time since Initial D Stage 4 has any new release of episodes. When are those ppl going to release episode 11 and 12?

Last Exile
31st January 2005, 01:51 AM
Just watching Read or Die now. Just put an order through for Midori no Hibi and Elfen Lied.

HAHA! Another person dares to delve into Elfen Lied! HAVE FUN! :D

As my my recent pursuits, Genshiken 1-4 and Bleach 1-4 have been my recent accompishments. I'm gonna try and get the rest of Genshiken and some more Bleach now. Genshiken is the ebst look at anime fans ever while Bleach is one fo the best supernatural themed shows ever, period!

Dark Scizor
31st January 2005, 12:47 PM

Thanks, I will do when it comes. I can't wait for it :D.

I watched upto episode 7 now. I'll edit something in after i go to the gym.

I don't want Nana to die. It was a shame when Lucy ripped her apart earlier I hope that she kicks (I forgot his name)'s ass. But I still like Nyuu/Lucy, ,even if she tore Nana apart.

Just watched the next episode, I don't want Nana and Lucy to fight ~__~ Gonna watch. Awwww, Nana. I want them both to stay :(.

Dark Scizor
3rd February 2005, 06:22 PM

Thanks, I will do when it comes. I can't wait for it :D.

I watched upto episode 7 now. I'll edit something in after i go to the gym.

I don't want Nana to die. It was a shame when Lucy ripped her apart earlier I hope that she kicks (I forgot his name)'s ass. But I still like Nyuu/Lucy, ,even if she tore Nana apart.

Just watched the next episode, I don't want Nana and Lucy to fight ~__~ Gonna watch. Awwww, Nana. I want them both to stay :(. If you haven't guessed I am watching whilst writing this. I don't know why I care about Nyuu and Nana being friends so much, ah well. As for the gore content, it hasn't had much effect on me despite being amazingly bloody.

Chris Watarimono
3rd February 2005, 07:48 PM
Currently, I'm watching Chobits, Episode 4, as well as finishing up the rest of the YYH series starting from Eppy 95. Sorry if my anime knowledge isn't as broad as everyone else. X_X

-Chris R.

Dark Scizor
4th February 2005, 07:10 PM
I have seen Elfen Lied to the last episode, and I don't think I have ben so effected by an animé in a while, the ending was sad yet happy at the same time, I refuse to believe that Lucy died, Kouta just confessed his love for her and she has to die? It's not fair, I was hoping she'd be the one behind the door at the end, or I hope so at least. However I am glad that Nana survived, but I wish they could just have had the happy ending I was so hoping for. But then again, I knew from the start that Lucy would die in the end.

Last Exile
4th February 2005, 08:51 PM
yeah, Elfen Lied is something you never really get over.

PS. There acutally is a 14th episode. You can only get it on the last DVD though. If it appears on a torrent I'll let you know.

Plus, i think the manga went on for longer. I think there might be torrents for it. See if I can find them.

Dark Scizor
5th February 2005, 02:31 PM
I read about the 14th on the animenfo forums and as you said there you read it in NTUSA but i can't find the page for it :(.

Thanks LE :) Much appreciated.

Dark-San
6th February 2005, 04:03 AM
Caught 3 anime episodes this week! Apparently the long awaited Naruto 120 is finally released lolz. God it takes forever, I know we fans are very much waiting for the showndown between Kimimaru and Naruto . However I am more interested in the fight between Shikamaru and Takana (The lady that plays the dirge). She summoned 3 creatures and was controlling them with the melody played by her instrument. So basically Shikamaru had no chance of getting close to her!

Gundam Seeds Destiny episode 16 was out this week too. Episode 16 was actually a summary of what they had shown so far. Nothing new tho.

Air 5 is even better. After solving a problem, another one problem begins to surface. Yupz this time the problem begins with Tohno. Her mother didn't seems to recognize her daugther, proberly due to some psyhcological reasons, causing her to be unhappy. The next episode will tell us more details to her problem .

So cheers dudes! 'Cause Chinese New Year is here!

Dark Scizor
6th February 2005, 12:58 PM
Just watched the entire series of Midori no Hibi today :).

Chinese New Year is on Tuesday isn't it? :P

Last Exile
7th February 2005, 01:04 AM
Happy Chinese New Year!

Dark Scizor, that is a very cute sig! :)

PancaKe
9th February 2005, 02:31 AM
After a long time of not watching anime... I've started on Onegai Twins. I like it MUCH better than Onegai Sensei. It's a lot funnier, and just... better storyline n stuff. :)

Last Exile
9th February 2005, 02:40 AM
After a long time of not watching anime... I've started on Onegai Twins. I like it MUCH better than Onegai Sensei. It's a lot funnier, and just... better storyline n stuff. :)

Nice! It gets even crazier with each episode! ;)

Roarkiller
9th February 2005, 03:59 AM
Battle between Twins and Teacher is pretty much even. From all the ppl i asked, the results are pretty even between which is better. SPeaking of which, what happened to Onegai Friends?

Midori no Hibi is showing on Animax as of today. And i heard it has a dub to, so if anyone has Animax, could u confirm for me?

@Ryan: Tell me when that ep comes out. I believe the DVD is still a long way to go, maybe its an OVA?

Dark-San
9th February 2005, 08:47 AM
Lolz! Finally Animax is showing an anime that is only just finished 2 months back. The last time I checked on its programme list, I could only find Chobits as the only watchable anime.

Anywayz this week, I caught up with Gundam Seed Destiny 16. Looks like things are begining to hot up since Asuran got into battle with the Altantic Federation's Forces with his new Mobile Suit. However towards the end after the showdown, Asuran slapped Shin due to Shin's defiance of not obeying his order. I wonder how things is going to turn out between the two comrades in the next episode.

As for Mahou Sensei Negima 5, a ferret was introduced into the anime. It turns out to be a ferret that can talk and it recognizes Negi-kun. Negi of course kept it and make it his new partner. A pretty lame storyline this time round.

Dark Scizor
9th February 2005, 12:09 PM
@Ryan: Tell me when that ep comes out. I believe the DVD is still a long way to go, maybe its an OVA?

If it's episode 14 of Elfen Lied, I heard that it should be coming out around April/May time, but that depends on how quickly the DVD's come rolling out of the factory (hopefully asap).

CDjapan puts the release date of the 7th note on 21/04/2005, so around then we'll get to see if it is a Nana special or a quick continuation, or if it is a big anti climax and they decide they don't want to make the 14th episode :(.

I have 1-14 of Samurai Champloo and some of Beserk, unfortunately I don't have a DVD drive at the moment :( :no:.

Last Exile
9th February 2005, 09:19 PM
I've watch 3 of the six episodes of Photon. Apparently Photon was what inspired Excel Saga.

Photon > Excel Saga because it has funnier characters, originality in the relative sense, better gags, better boobs, better females and better use of the terms 'baka' and 'aho' in general and because a teen guy has 2 adult women that want him. Lucky prick. ;)

I hope you're taking notes, Kayla. You will DEFINITELY like this series!

Dark Scizor
9th February 2005, 09:35 PM
Just watched the first 4 episodes of Samurai Champloo, all seems good so far. I like how calm Jin always is and Fuu's voice :).

Last Exile
9th February 2005, 09:43 PM
Just watched the first 4 episodes of Samurai Champloo, all seems good so far. I like how calm Jin always is and Fuu's voice :).

Fuu's voice is actually done by the same seiyuu (voice actress) that did Mina in Please Twins and Aoi in Ai Yori Aoshi.

PLEASE tell me you like Mugen. You HAVE to like Mugen!

Oh wait, you haven't seen episodes 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15 and 18 yet. After you see some of them your impression of Mugen should improve.

Dark Scizor
9th February 2005, 09:54 PM
I look forwards to watching those episodes :)

Thank god I managed to get that DVD drive from my dad's office computers.

Oh, and I like all of the main characters including Mugen :).

Dark Scizor
11th February 2005, 01:22 AM
Using my friends ADSL to download episodes 15 of Samurai Champloo, and episode 1 of Gundam SEED Destiny. I tried to get Bleach and DearS but the torrents didn't have any seed's.

Last Exile
11th February 2005, 02:26 AM
My friends have 16 episodes of Bleach. I'll ask them where they got it.

Pichu
11th February 2005, 09:34 AM
I watched... Naruto 121... and it sucked. >.<

and I now watching Bleach again. I seen 1-6, but I just downloaded 7-15. ^_^

Oh.. and I also saw Digimon - X-evolution movie. XD .. its okay movie, I was bored, ya'll know... x_X;

PancaKe
12th February 2005, 05:59 AM
Finished Onegai Twins. *sigh* was so cute!!! was so happy with the ending - it ended just the way I hoped. *sigh*

now I'm going to finish watching saikano (i really want to see the last episodes, and every time i see ryan's sig i wanna watch it!) and htne I'm going to watch something else... not sure yet. Hopefully it'll be Fooly Cooly

Dark-San
12th February 2005, 08:54 AM
My friends have 16 episodes of Bleach. I'll ask them where they got it.

No need to ask them! -_-" Ask me! *Signz*

You can get them from Animekeep & ANBU, Lunar, IY4Ever and Naisho & TW. I will suggest strongly that you should go for Lunar fansubbers. Their release are always ahead of the rest and the subs are at least understandable.

Yupz for the last few days, I've catch only Naruto 121. Not so sucky to that extent as mentioned by Pichu. The story is just moving at a slower pace thats all. And also I'm downloading Air 6 and Bleach 18 at the moment!

Last Exile
12th February 2005, 10:37 PM
Lunar are definitely the one to go for. They are easily the fastest but still do a good job. The Keep-Anbu marriage has been a bit shaky of late and they are doing things VERY slowly of late!

PS. Darkyouth, a mate of mine needs Saikano episode 10 bad. It's the only episode he's missing. Know where to find it?

Dark-San
12th February 2005, 11:21 PM
PS. Darkyouth, a mate of mine needs Saikano episode 10 bad. It's the only episode he's missing. Know where to find it?

Whoa! That anime is like 2 to 3 years ago. -_-" It is unlikely you can get it in torrents now. I might suggest to your friend to go around the anime channels in MIRC and start asking around. Lolz~ thats how I got my Love Hina from too.

Ehhh... I might asked my friends to see if they watched this anime before. And if they do I will proberly get that 10th episode of yours.

Dark Scizor
13th February 2005, 12:05 AM
I've seen the 1st episode of Futakoi, now I'm back to 56k, I won't be getting the others anytime soon :(.

PancaKe
15th February 2005, 02:03 AM
I spent the afternoon bawling my eyes out because I watched the final two episodes of saikano. *cries again* it was so emotion-wrenching!

Last Exile
16th February 2005, 12:18 AM
I spent the afternoon bawling my eyes out because I watched the final two episodes of saikano. *cries again* it was so emotion-wrenching!

I know! It really left me feeling so emotional like nothing else. It was so potent and so tragic, eyt there was still, as always, some true beauty to it as well. Saikano is wonderful. I'm thrilled you finally got to see it all.

PancaKe
16th February 2005, 03:00 AM
Saikano is beautiful.

^.^ Elfen Lied is awesome :D bwaha i love the destruction! Watched episodes 1 and 2 but its madness!!

Last Exile
16th February 2005, 03:19 AM
Saikano is beautiful.

^.^ Elfen Lied is awesome :D bwaha i love the destruction! Watched episodes 1 and 2 but its madness!!

HEH HEH! :D We have ANOTHER person who can't resist! The numbers addicted to this one are steadily growing.

Dark Scizor
16th February 2005, 09:29 AM
You'll love the story more as it progresses :D. Wait until you come across Nana, I think she's adorable hehe.

I got the entire series of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien on order, so it should be coming to me over the next few days :).

Also I'm on episode 10 of Samurai Champloo. I have to agree with you earlier LE, Mugen is awesome.

Last Exile
16th February 2005, 11:40 PM
Saw Samurai Champloo 19 on Tuesday! The sunflower samurai's identity is now revealed! In 20 and 21, it sound like the trio will finally find him. They're red hot on his tail now! The focus is now equally split rather than being mainly on Mugen. I think the series is better for that. Even though Mugen is the best character, he isn't the focal point.

Pichu
17th February 2005, 02:19 AM
So ... I saw Bleach 19
these cliff hangers are crazy. =.=

and I saw Destiny Deoxys twice so far. XD

PancaKe
17th February 2005, 06:26 AM
Elfen lied episodes 3 and 4.

they are cool. :) I like Lucy/Nyuu's tactics. Very brutal :nod:

Dark Scizor
17th February 2005, 10:42 AM
:) Glad that you're liking it so far. Lucy did have good tactics but... She might not have been so lucky if Mayu hadn't had come and distracted Nana, even though Lucy is stronger I think Nana had her. Or thats what i'd like to think anyway ^^; But i'm a Nana fan (I still like Lucy/Nyuu) so I would say what I said.

I'm just about to order Onegai Twins, and Kima Ga Nozomu Eien should be coming tomorrow :D.

Just watched Upto episdoe 13 as well last night, so I should watch upto 15 tonight and i'll be all Samurai Champloo'd out until I can get a DSL connection to get the more recent episodes.

Edit: Just watched upto 15, so far so good :).

Wow! I just loved the way Jin Killed Mukuro, and how Mugen killed *I forgot his name* and in episode 15, I thought Yatsuha was quite cute, I wonder if she will come back later on in the series.

Last Exile
17th February 2005, 07:09 PM
15 was hilarious! Mugen and Jin at their best!

From memory:

16 and 17 are a two parter about the Ainu culture.
18 is about writing and grafitti.
19 is about underground Christians and psycho chartalans.

And in 19 you find out who the sunflower samurai is.

In 20-21, I think they actually find him. I'm seeing ep20 on Tuesday.

Pichu
17th February 2005, 10:20 PM
eh.. I already posted in this topic today >.>

Anyway, I saw Naruto 122 this afternoon.
Shikamaru used a bunch of fake moves to beat that flute lady...
Rock Lee appeared and help Naruto next episode (123)

Dark Scizor
18th February 2005, 10:02 AM
I got the Kima Ga Nozomu Eien today, so I should be watching episodes 1-4 tonight at least. For now, I have WoW to play!

Watching episode 3 now and...

Nooo, Haruka can't be left at the carnival alone! Aah, he did ~_~ what a mess. I have a slight feeling Narumi and Mizuki might end up together...oh jeez, what just happened is just too big to even be put in a spoiler, I hope Haruka and Narumi are together for the rest of the series. Aaaah, noooo, don't leave Haruka standing again. ARGHHHH! OMG NOOOOOO! I know she's alright but why?! This must be the fourth or so time i've edited it now, but ummm why?!(

I'm on episode 12 now...I'm speachless.

Episode 13 now

Jeez, I was thinking he'd be hit by a car since he had caused everyone so much pain and it almost happened to him...please end well, please stay together. Though as much as I want this to happen, it's been apparent for a while that it may be Mitsuki who ends up with Narumi =(.

...I hope all ends well in 14. I've edited this post so much lol Anyway I'm onto Episode 14 now. One more edit once this is done. BIG BIG BIG BIG SPOILER.

It's been 5 minutes into the episode, I am not too happy at the moment. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OMG WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! Narumi you fool, arghhh! I know why he picked Mitsuki over Haruka, but it just doesn't compute, I wanted He and Haruka together not Mitsuki, even if he did love her at first. Actually....I'm glad now that i've seen it all, Haruka lived out her dream and wrote a book, she can still live a happy life without Narumi and I'm happy about that she deserves someone better then Narumi despite how much she loved him when they were younger I'm really glad they didn't finish the series as a couple. I suppose that Narumi and Mitsuki have finally moved home together like they had planned, so that's good I guess.

I also have to say that this series ties with Elfen Lied. :eek:

Last Exile
19th February 2005, 12:26 AM
@Dark Scizor: Because the past is the past. The Haruka he once loved is not the Haruka she now is. The Narumi she once loved is no longer the Narumi he now is. Mistuki stuck with Narumi no amtter what and they had true history in the end. There are endless arguments on this at animenfo, jump into thiers, it's always a healthy argument.

BTW, you really like your pretty girls, don't you Dark Scizor? ;)

PS. How do you do those cover up all those text boxes?!

Dark Scizor
19th February 2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I got to understand that after the initial shock of the ending, when I started to think properly about it (and remembering what Haruka said to Narumi in the scene where they said their farewells), then I posted on AnimeNfo after playing a bit on World of Warcraft.

Anyway LE, I do. ;) lol and I used the [spoiler] tags.

Now, if AnimeNfo isn't lying and there isn't two seiyuu with the same name, the voice of Haruka was Kuribayashi Minami who sings the Into to Chrno Crusade (Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line)

PancaKe
20th February 2005, 12:33 AM
Watched episode 1 and half of episode 2 today of Fooly Cooly. Quite strange ^_^ amusing though.

And I watched episodes 3 to 6 of Elfen Lied. I have to say, I'm quickly falling in love with Lucy/Nyuu despite what happens. ^_^ And I love Mayu and Wanta. ^_^ kawaii

Dark Scizor
20th February 2005, 06:32 AM
What did you think about Nana from what you've seen her?! You must like Nana :(. But Nyuu, Wanta (OMG I thought it was adorable) and Mayu are still Cute ^__^ But in my opinion, they pale in comparison (not Nyuu) to Nana.

It's snowed outside and I slept in by two hours more then I had planned (10:00am), god damn going to sleep at 6:00am lol

Wait! I just realized something, Last Exile....ou had a picture in your sig a while ago, I'm not 100% sure of it, but if memory serves me well, you had an image of the girls from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien?

Last Exile
20th February 2005, 11:26 PM
Did I? I don't think I did, I didn't know whether it'd be too outrageous for here or not. I might have, I've changed my sig a lot over the last year.

Then again, if I find the right picture, I can have one from there for a while.

PancaKe
21st February 2005, 02:59 AM
^_^ finished all of Elfen Lied. Damn addictive stuff...

Well thats another anime I was almost in tears over...

stupid sad storylines...

Last Exile
21st February 2005, 08:37 PM
^_^ finished all of Elfen Lied. Damn addictive stuff...

Well thats another anime I was almost in tears over...

stupid sad storylines...

We warned you... ;)

Something happy next? Okay, as your mentor, I suggest FLCL at all costs. Especially since you can watch it on your TV. And because it's short but essential viewing (limed for truth).

Dark Scizor
21st February 2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Elfen Lied. Very good animé :D. Very much a tear jerker, but a really good one like KgNE :). Have you seen Full Metal Panic Fumoffu yet? That's good n' wacky (not to the extent of FLCL though)

Last Exile
21st February 2005, 09:22 PM
She has seen Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. She actually liked the first series of Full Metal Panic more. I preferred Fumoffu a bit more, but hey, such is life.

I saw Genshiken 5-11 on the weekend. This series is SO GOOD IT'S SCARY! Will be praying a good sub of Episode 12 (the last one) surfaces very soon.

PancaKe
22nd February 2005, 02:25 AM
Saw Fumoffu. Much prefer Azumanga Daioh and Onegai Twins to Fumoffu. Didn't really do much for me. Started watching FLCL the other day - looks ... interesting ^.~ Wacked up storyline. :-)

Dark-San
22nd February 2005, 04:13 AM
Fumoffu > FMP Part 1. Fumoffu totally rock and ownzed it all lolz~

I've caught up with Bleach episode 19. Looks like Ichigo has transformed himself into a Death God. As a result, passing the second test. The third test would be test him on how he can fixed up his broken blade by battling with the sandal-hat.

BTW, I also too download all 13 episodes of Green Green. Looks interesting with those high school students trying to seduce each other (Actually it was the guys going after the ladies and not the other way round to my disappointment) I've only watched 3 episodes of it. I will proberly post up a review of the anime after I finish watching all the episodes.

Just downloaded My Hime 17 and 18. I havn't watched those yet. So maybe I post up wat happen in the episodes later!

Dark Scizor
22nd February 2005, 11:19 AM
To be honest I like Fumoffu and the first series the same, but in different ways. I can't wait for the second raid though :D.

Still waiting for Onegai Twins to come :(, then I'm gonna have to get the third volume of Najica: Blitz Tactics this weekend (brother got the first one for Christmas, so I have to finish the series).

Last Exile
22nd February 2005, 07:32 PM
Green Green scares me. I mean, it REALLY scares me. It was too much like its H-game original from what I've heard.

Yeah, Tara, FLCL is whacked. The first time you watch it, it's an experience like no other. On rewatches the plot makes more sense and the themes on life become more apparent. It's very well constructed. The trick to FLCL is to determine what is truth and what is lies.

Saw Princess Mononoke on Monday night. Was alright, not as good as most of Miyazaki's other films. I thought it had some plot holes and needed more focus on Mononoke/San than it had on Ashitaka.

Tuesday night:

GTO ep10 - It's an okay series, but I doubt I'll see this one through. It gets kinda generic and predictable after a while. Onizuka is a cool character though.

Photon ep5 - Still good. 1 more to go. God, this is WAY better than Excel Saga! Evme15, you MUST watch Photon! ;)

School Rumble ep9 - I was really disappointed. People told me this was supposed to be one of the best episodes in the whole series. This whole love triangle thing is getting old. Plus the gags aren't nearly as funny anymore.

Genshiken ep5 - This show can do no wrong. I laughed so much during this I reckon I did a laughing guota for a month! University clubs - oh yeah.

Samurai Champloo ep20 - This was a really good one. Sara is a real surprise packet. Exactly why she wants to nail Jin is not clear as of yet (I mean, okay, we know one of the main reasons, but this girl has some ulterior motive). The fight in the last 2 minutes was wicked. Sara fights damn well for a blind woman. Would Watanabe seriously contemplate knocking off Jin? Meh, doubt it. He toyed with us in 13/14 with Mugen but we all know Mugen in inexpendable in this series. Jin is not as much. Will eagerly anticipate 21.

GITS SAC 2nd GIG ep18 - Back to its strengths for sure. Berlin in the winter looked so great. Slick mission work coupled with moralistic grapplic. Batou was sublime in this one. And dear old Motoko busted some nice moves in this one too.

Dark Scizor
25th February 2005, 10:25 AM
Is it me or are new threads written in this forum becoming more of a rarity :(.

Anyway, I just got Onegai Twins and the OVA through the mail today, so i'll be watching that tonight and over the weekend :D.

I'm on episode 5 and so far I think that Karen is Maiku's sister. Oh the situations that Maiku gets into are amusing.

Episode 11 It's definately Karen, it's a shame really. I wanted the sister to be Karen, but I still feel sorry for her. Ah well, I'm sure it'll end up to be alright.

I like how Miina and Karen are opposites though. Each being one extreme, both having a good qualities to each different personality.

AntiAsh Superstar
26th February 2005, 07:38 PM
I finally gave in to the constant raving of absolutely everyone and watched the first ep of Elfen Lied today. Good stuff, can see myself getting through it at a ridiculous rate. I do look forward to that ultra-violent soldier guy getting butchered by Lucy, as I'm sure he's destined to do sooner or later. :D Her Nyuu persona is the most adorable thing ever tho, I swear.

Dark Scizor
26th February 2005, 07:55 PM
It's a very good series. Well worth the watching :D.

Last Exile, I just realised, it wasn't KgNE, I think it was Onegai Twins, I got Haruka confused with Miina. I think it was Onegai Twins anyway.

sesshomaru
27th February 2005, 03:19 PM
gundam seed-9/10
inuyasha-10/10
full metal alchemist-9/10
wolf's rain-10/10
case closed-8/10
and thats all i have watched and thats all i watch ever

Pichu
27th February 2005, 07:38 PM
Saw:

Naruto 123 - sucked bad.

Bleach 20 - ehhh... not so funny this time ;[

Am watching FMA for the first time now..
so FMA episode 1. -_-

abunaidesu
27th February 2005, 08:08 PM
the final episode of angelic layer

lawl

PancaKe
28th February 2005, 12:34 AM
Watched FLCL the other day. Episode two ^_^ Quite amusing.

Also watched Episode 1 of Noir this afternoon. Bit confusing, but you cant judge an anime by its first episode. *sigh*

Last Exile
28th February 2005, 01:05 AM

Also watched Episode 1 of Noir this afternoon. Bit confusing, but you cant judge an anime by its first episode. *sigh*

That remark is especially true for Paranoia Agent. It takes you until the last minute for you to finally be in control of things.

Greyfox
28th February 2005, 02:06 AM
I am presently engrossed with RahXephon. A friend of mine purchased the entire series at GameStop one day [used, for about $54]. Now I'm quite tempted to "borrow" it... with no intention of returning it... at all...

-RahXephon'd

Roarkiller
28th February 2005, 02:07 AM
That remark is especially true for Paranoia Agent. It takes you until the last minute for you to finally be in control of things.

Uh... you were actually able to be in control? 0_o

Btw, a random question since my player topic got moved: how do u play MKV files, and how do you trigger between audios/subs in WMP?

Last Exile
28th February 2005, 02:15 AM
Heh heh, you've come across the dreaded mkv files!

Easy: DefilerPak! What myself and Tara rely on.

http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/

I would also recommend downloading that Zoom Player as well as the DefilerPak. Zoom Player works much better than Windows Media Player. It also allows you to take very good screenshots that are only 15-30KB in size.

Dark Scizor
28th February 2005, 10:54 AM
Heh heh, you've come across the dreaded mkv files!

Easy: DefilerPak! What myself and Tara rely on.

http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/

I would also recommend downloading that Zoom Player as well as the DefilerPak. Zoom Player works much better than Windows Media Player. It also allows you to take very good screenshots that are only 15-30KB in size.

Oooh, I'm gonna have to download that :D. I love making screenshots :).

Anyway, I gave into temptation and I'm getting the entire series of Azumanga Daioh some time soon :).

Edit: Ummm, which one did you download? There's two Zoom players to download and I don't know which one.

Last Exile
1st March 2005, 12:38 AM
Um, I could only get one of them to work on my computer. DOwnload both and see which one works. Professional's only major difference is that it plays DVDs as well.

pokemasterfrank
1st March 2005, 12:52 AM

GASP :O

You haven't watched all of FLCL yet?!?! :O

It is uber :O You must finish watching :O :O :O

Anyway, I watched all of Full Metal Alchemist this past week ._.;; It was quite good ^_^ The ending wasn't disappointing...but it wasn't satisfying either :/ I guess I could say I didn't really like their choice of how to end it.

Watched Bleach 20, was good. I reallly like Bleach, for some reason o_O Maybe it's the talking stuffed bear :P

Due to some past researching and current-day recommendations, I finally watched Ah! Megami-sama and Love Hina (yeh...I know they are old >_>). AMS felt a bit rushed, some stuff wasn't clear, but it was decent. Love Hina...was...I dunno. The plot wasn't too clear throughout most of it, but I guess the focus was the love story. Episode 25 felt very out of place. LH should have ended an episode early, IMO :P

I will be starting on Genshiken soon, again on recommendation by a friend, lol :D

Roarkiller
1st March 2005, 06:43 AM
I was asking since an annoyingly increasing number of titles are being released in MKV or OGG. I don't think OGG might be a prob since its still not that popular.

But if anyone can help, that player topic that got moved of mine, please?

Last Exile
1st March 2005, 11:55 PM
Anyway, I watched all of Full Metal Alchemist this past week ._.;; It was quite good ^_^ The ending wasn't disappointing...but it wasn't satisfying either :/ I guess I could say I didn't really like their choice of how to end it.

I will be starting on Genshiken soon, again on recommendation by a friend, lol :D

FMA is NOT over.

The Movie - Conquerors of Shambala - is the ending. It takes place two years after ep51. It will be out late 2005.

Genshiken is VERY good. Get it ASAP. Media Factory are very good at rpotecting their material.

Pichu
2nd March 2005, 12:13 AM
FMA is so boring... saw 31 episodes and found out that I wasted so much memory. ;[

I'm downloading Last Exile now. ^_^

pokemasterfrank
2nd March 2005, 01:32 AM
FMA is NOT over.

The Movie - Conquerors of Shambala - is the ending. It takes place two years after ep51. It will be out late 2005.

Genshiken is VERY good. Get it ASAP. Media Factory are very good at rpotecting their material.

Ah, no wonder I didn't like the ending :P Besides, who on earth ends on an episode 51? :P

Genshiken: Actually, I had it already :P Just needed to get around to watching (which I did in one sitting today ._.;;). It is awesome :D Absolutely love the episode where the chairman and the non-otaku girl (I was always horrible at remembering names :/) are sitting alone in the club room :P The "Date Sim" view was just golden :D The opening theme is suprisingly catchy. Very uber :D Supposedly, they are making a second season...

Yep... *goes off to wait for Bleach 21 to come out*

EDIT:

Also, I watched Negima 8 :o It wasn't too bad. They skipped quite a bit of stuff from the manga, and kinda got to a rough start, but so far, its tolerable. Is anyone else bothered by Asuna's eye color? o_O

EDIT2:

Just saw Bleach 21. Very very nice.

Dark Scizor
3rd March 2005, 10:49 AM
Just about to order Scrapped Princess, I just read about it in NTUSA and it sounds quite promising.

Last Exile
4th March 2005, 01:42 AM
Just about to order Scrapped Princess, I just read about it in NTUSA and it sounds quite promising.

It is quite good. I saw it all in 2003. One of BONES's better titles, a close second behind FMA.

Last Exile
4th March 2005, 01:43 AM
Scrapped princess is very good. A close second behind FMA as to the quality of BONES's titles. Very rustic, very good soundtrack, excpeitionally hot characters (btoh amle and female). You will like it.

Roarkiller
4th March 2005, 08:54 AM
Scrapped Princess is virtually perfect. It has action, drama, humour, tragedy, fighting, monsters; great story, great plot, great character development, great characters, great flow.

Only stuff that isn't great is art(typical) and music(not my taste anyway), and the plot isn't exactly what you can call original, although its a nice way of portraying it.

And oh, no ecchi too. When it almost is, its more humourous and seriously downplays the ecchi.

Dark Scizor
4th March 2005, 10:05 AM
Sounds better by the minute. Now I have to wait for it to wing it's way to the UK :yes:.

Dark-San
4th March 2005, 10:18 AM
Finished watching Green Green! Will be posting a review on it soon enough if I have the time. Besides that anybody here watched Initial D 4th Stage besides me? 'Cause episode 11 is out.

I've watched Bleach 21 and Negima 8 way back 2 days ago. Nothing interesting, everything goes according to the manga except maybe ignoring some details.

@Pichu~ You just got to give FMA a chance. You will sure to love it. At least I believe its a 100 times better than Naruto! ;P

AntiAsh Superstar
5th March 2005, 09:02 PM
Just finished watching the first episode of Air... nothing monumentous happened or anything but I suspect this is gonna be something I'll end up sticking with coz I was left with a 'uhhh... that was a non-event but I loved it anyways!' kinda feeling. The mother in it really scarily reminded me of me own mum actually. @.@

What elase... heh, well my Slayers obsession continues unabated. I ploughed through Slayers. I absorbed everything Slayers Next had to throw at me. I watched the Slayers Gorgeous OAV too, plus the myriad of movies that timeline spawned. And right now Slayers Try has my full attention. Me likes the Try series a whole lot, not only is the bad guy, Valgaav, prolly the most interesting baddie Slayers has presented so far (which takes a lot, the original Rezo was awesome!) but it contains vast amounts of Xellos, who is the coolest character in lighthearted anime ever, and adds Filia, the dragon priestess of doom. However, the Zelgadis/Amelia thing continues to irk me in a Shipping-esque 'JUST MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP OFFICIAL GODDAMMIT!!!!' way and I'm guessing will continue to do so for some time...

Last Exile
5th March 2005, 11:43 PM
FMA needs 10 episodes to appreciate. It's good once you appreciate what Ed and Al are all about.

Naruto, however, isn't worth wastign one brain cell on.

Roarkiller
6th March 2005, 05:02 AM
Sorry if iI'm being dumb but what what exactly is AIR about anyway? Sounds too interesting, but I need inside info.

Dark Scizor
6th March 2005, 05:21 AM
Kunisaki Yukito is a traveller, ever seeking the 'girl in the sky' from a legend passed down in his family. His journey takes him to a small seaside town, where he meets Misuzu, a girl who seems eager to become his friend. A story spanning a thousand years begins to unfold against the background of their peculiar relationship

I've read about air, I don't know too much either, but the animation looks really good.

pokemasterfrank
9th March 2005, 12:33 AM
Whee...watched Cardcaptor Sakura for the first time (kinda). Finished with the first 8 episodes so far. Much goodness. I think Cardcaptors scared me for life though :/ Stupid dub...

Last Exile
9th March 2005, 02:09 AM
The dub of CCS is n't that great. Get the Japense version. That is the true CLAMP.

My Tuesday:

Photon 6 (final ep) - Finally ever. Didn't do much but at least it's better than Excel Saga. Still, that's never hard!

School Rumble 10 - I really don't like this series now. Its slapstick initally ripped off Azmuanga Daioh but now the jokes and twists are so predcitable it hurts to watch!

GITS SAC 2nd GIG 19 - Oh yeah, this definitely picked me up. The Major has finally found someone far stronger than her. The stakes have been raised big time! Can't wait to find out more about Pazu! Unfortunately, Laughing Man haven't done 20 yet. The only group that has finished this series did it so porrly the fans wanted to kill them. So I'll wait.

Samurai Champloo 21 - CLASSIC EPISODE! Sara is one heck of a fighter! Seeing her vs Mugen and Jin was psycho! The stuff Mugen and Jin learned was very ncie and the Mugen vs Sara rematch was to die for! YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS EPISODE! :D Mugen may never be the same after this episode! Sara really got to Mugen in this one!

pokemasterfrank
9th March 2005, 02:50 AM
The dub of CCS is n't that great. Get the Japense version. That is the true CLAMP.

Twas what I meant. I saw CardCaptors back when WB was airing them, but they scrambled all the episodes and omitted a few. I'm liking CCS much better.

I find it hilarious that they'd try to change Sakura's whole personality in the dub :P Even though the whole story is set already :P

Last Exile
9th March 2005, 02:59 AM
I found it hilarious episode 1 became episode 15, episode 7 became episode 1 and that they tried to make Li the central hero figure! What a joke!

AntiAsh Superstar
9th March 2005, 07:48 AM
Recently watched:
AIR ep 2 - again, for most of the ep it was scene setting (and introduction to some quite bemusingly good characters) but I think I've hit a turning point between getting to know the characters and the actual main story.

Elfen Lied ep 2 - I'm so pleased Lucy got to maim that psychotic soldier tho I'm sure he'll be back. I'm very much liking this series.

Slayers Try eps 11 - 14. Ohh yeah. Gotta love Lina Inverse and her friends, the Slayers franchise gets better with each series. Not that I'm biased or anything seeing as copying the Slayers manga is how I learnt how to draw humans. :D I seem to recall hearing something about a series being made/in production after Try, anyone know anything of this?

DarkPsychicCharizard
9th March 2005, 12:33 PM
Recently watched:

An episode of Dragon Ball GT, couldn't bother to check which one since it's such an awful show. Especially the Israeli dub. I could deal with the Israeli dub of Dragon Ball Z, which was awful, but at least the main characters didn't sound like crap. And in GT, the only characters that don't sound like crap got their voices in DBZ, and they don't even MATTER anymore. Gohan and Goten got excellent new voice actors, but does anyone care? No, because it's all about Goku and Pan. And they have the most horrible kid actors the world has to offer. And the voice acting is just a minor gripe. The PLOT, god, it's so CRAPPY. Now he turned into SSJ4. WTF. That's just so stupid, it's such an ugly transformation.

Also, I watched the latest subbed episode of Naruto, which was great. I can't wait to see this week's episode dubbed, I just love the stuff that happens in the corrosponding chapters of the manga.

Finally, I watched a ton of Monster. From episode 14 to episode 22, actually. I have become a Monster junkie, I must watch at least one episode a day. It's such a wonderful anime... I still can't believe I like it so much, since I usually don't like realistic shows and drama. I prefer fantasy, sci-fi, stuff like that. But this show is just too good! It just keeps me at the edge of my sit almost every episode. I love it. I am currently downloaded the next seven episodes. I plan a huge Monster marathon this weekend. I'll probably be so depressed when I'll get to the latest episode. Then I'll have to wait week after week with everyone else. =(

Pichu
9th March 2005, 01:07 PM
I saw various stuff... ummmmmm....

Last Exile, ep 1, 3, 5. (I couldn't find episode 2 and 4 though)

Naruto 124 - did I mention this yet? =.=

Bleach 21. =.=

edit:

@Pichu~ You just got to give FMA a chance. You will sure to love it. At least I believe its a 100 times better than Naruto! ;P

I saw FMA 1-31 subbed, and I think it is childish. >.<

edit again: I now watching Chrno Crusade just for fun o_o;

pokemasterfrank
14th March 2005, 05:46 PM
I saw FMA 1-31 subbed, and I think it is childish. >.<

o_O Usually, when people complain about FMA, its because there isn't enough action and too much talk about alchemy and stuff they consider boring ;P

Saw Negima 9, nothing special to note bout it. Got to CCS 26-27ish? Major differences from the dub, which is making this like a whole new experience :P I'll have to chug along.

Bleach 22 wasn't very special, methinks. Though the boar riders were a bit weird :P

Last Exile
14th March 2005, 08:28 PM
Well, a sa matter of fact, I'm rewatching Chrono Crusade too, Pichu. ;) I'm doing it to get a colelction fo screenshots from all the episodes plus to do a manga vs. anime comparison.

Chris Watarimono
14th March 2005, 08:49 PM
Nothing much, as anime has been pretty slow by my side, also due to the fact I was occupied by other stuff over the week as of late.

So far, I just recently watched Chobits Eppies 5-6. I'm planning to watch Eppy 7 in the near future.

-Chris R.

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 08:50 PM
I've heard a lot of people say chobits is good, but would any of you guys recommend it? also, what is it about?

Last Exile
14th March 2005, 10:10 PM
There are 3 possible definitions for CHobits:

1. Touching dark romance and a bit funny as well
2. Overly sugar-sweet and overly ecchi
3. Lolicon material and should be illegal

I Drift between 2 and 3. However, you might like. Just be warned that it is CLAMP material, so that might indicate what you're in for.

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 10:28 PM
Think I'll steer clear of it 8)

Last Exile
15th March 2005, 01:03 AM
Elfen Lied and Please Twins are more for your taste, Jamey. Go hire Please Twins.

Onto stuff I watched yesterday...

GTO 13 - I am never watching an episode of this again. This episode was so gross I wanted to throw up. I haven't been so offended by a series since Tenjou Tenge. This is so crass my brain almost shut down permanently.

Samurai Champloo 22 - PATHETIC! I want to smack Watanabe in the face for this one! This was easily the worst episode of all in a series that has been so good! The whole club was in uproar last night! It was completely pointless! Ugh, it made me so MAD! :evil: HOW COULD YOU, Watanabe?!

School Rumble 11 - I...really...think...this...series...is so bloody generic and predictable and every episode is an exact clone of the other...I don't think I can see this one through.

My-Hime 2 - This episode was absolutely ridiculous. So much bloody cliches on catfights, fanservice and dumbarse fights. Myt amtes tell me it gets better around ep5, but it'd better get good soon, because I was absolutely disgusted by this episode. If it wasn't for Mai being the main female character in this show, I'd have already given up on this show.

I also saw an episode of Naruto last night...

I... !NEVER!...!EVER!...want to see ONE SECOND MORE of this utter piece of crap! The animation sucks, the voices of that blonde guy and the pink haired chick were the worst Japanese vopices I've EVER HEARD! The fights were utterly mind-numbing and such pathetic technqiues I'd even take the Dragonball Z dub over this absolute disgrace!

All I can say is I am so glad Fullmetal Alchemist outdid Naruto in Japan and everywhere else or I'd lose all hope for humanity right then and there.

Yes, Tuesday night wasn't that great for me. :)

However, I did get to rewatch Genshiken 7 and Elfen Lied 11. Those two perked me up good. :)

AntiAsh Superstar
17th March 2005, 06:11 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's reached the conclusion that Naruto is rubbish. I was beginning to think I was on my own on that one. The main character is the most annoying brat ever and I really couldn't find anyone in the series that I actually liked. ;(

Anyways... been watching the first two eps of Ghost in the Shell: SAC recently. Not a bad take on the GITS setup really but what on earth have they done to the Major's lips? @.@ Seriously, it makes her look kinda weird.

Also watched Elfen Lied 4... the ending was so sad that I found myself welling up watching it. Which is generally a good thing in a show. :o Also AIR 3... finally the series ends on a cliffhanger after two eps of introducing the requisite mob of weird girls to complicate things for the lead character. (I like the little redhaired girl who seems to think kicking the main guy in the head is the same as saying hello to him...)

Pichu
17th March 2005, 11:49 PM
Bleach 23 - .... OKAY episode. better than 22. =[
It's funny, but not all that interesting.
7/10

Naruto 126 - awesome episode, too many flashbacks. =[
8/10

Chrno Crusade 1-4. 3 ain't working. ... this show somehow reminds me of playing
"House of the Dead" in arcades. o0;

Last Exile
18th March 2005, 06:09 PM
@Pichu: You need ep3. Rosette looks so hot in this episode! Plus the battle scenes rocked and Azmaria's trnasformation was spellbinding. She sings so well!

@Ade: Yes, that main male's voice is so bad I wanted to shoot him. Ditto the main female. What a bunch of brats.

Dark-San
18th March 2005, 06:41 PM
Swear man dudes, the only anime currently that is worth your bandwidth is actually only Air and Bleach.

@Antiash~ Well Air is just only getting better at each episode. I will leaked a few spoilers to you though. That is if you're interested to see it lolz~ I'm currently now at episode 10. Between episode 8 to 9, they are actually talking about Mizuzu's previous life. She was actually a mystical winged being. A race that is being discriminated and cursed. They too possess powers that is beyond your imagination and thats why powerful people in olden Japan actually keep them as military tools. There so much for recarnation and stuffs. ^^

@Last Exile ~ Don't condemn My Hime yet. I've watched it like till episode 23 and find the anime quite okay. At least it is like 4 times or more better than naruto. Just leak some information to you in keeping your interest to this anime. The plot can be divided into 3 parts. One part is when they have to killed the Oufans (Evil Creatures). The second part is where they have to deal with the Sears' Foundation. The Sears' actually attempt to invade the school in order to control the power of the star and harnessing the power of the chosen Hime. However they were deal with a huge setback, when Mai actually destroyed their created faked Hime.

The third part in which I'm currently watching is when they have to battled each other. Yes you heard it, all 13 Himes have to battle each other for the sake of saving the world. Pretty lame for a story plot. So its still an overall average anime to watch!

O and i downloaded a new anime today and I regret it too. I've downloaded Omyou Taisenki. This show has lots of similarities to Digimon. So unless you're a true didmon fan then you just gotta watch this anime. I downloaded an anime movie last week. Its titled Beyond the Clouds. Hey dudes I've been waiting the anime like for 2 years already and thanks god that it is finally out.

All I can say about the movie that it is worth the wait. Hey Last Exile and Roarkiller, you better get this movie and watch man. Not going to reveal any spoilers to you guys but I will put up the link of the review for you guys interest sake at the b/m webby.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1146,apevtx,kumo_no_muko__y.html

Hey I've too downloaded Bleach 23 and Gundam Seeds Destiny 21. Havn't watched both yet. O and ya, please I JUST REMEMBER! -_-" Last Exile remember not to get your hands on Green Green episode 13. Green Green has an OVA at episode 13 if you're not aware. OVA 13 is actually a hentai. I was tricked into downloading the stuff by my friend. Dam it!

My closing paragraph will be to remind those anime fans that there will not be any episodes for Naruto and Prince of Tennis for next week. So no need bother to search for them if you can't find them. Lastly, a reminder too, Tenjou Tenge OVA will be out by saturday. This time the story plot will be evolved around Nagi and gang this time round and not Maya's bro.

Roarkiller
18th March 2005, 09:07 PM
I'm too busy watching the older anime to download the newer ones. Currently watching Vandread and Samurai Champloo, just finished Someday's Dreamers 2 weeks back.

I dunno about AIR, maybe I should download the 1st ep to see how it is.

Bout the movie, I've heard of it. Where did you get it? Story looks decent, my kind of anime.

Pichu
18th March 2005, 10:36 PM
@Pichu: You need ep3. Rosette looks so hot in this episode! Plus the battle scenes rocked and Azmaria's trnasformation was spellbinding. She sings so well!
Do you know where I can get it? :<

Roarkiller
19th March 2005, 05:12 AM
Do you know where I can get it? :<

Is saying the name of a fansubber against the rules? If not, Anime-kraze has the complete series.

Pichu
19th March 2005, 09:57 AM
Is saying the name of a fansubber against the rules? If not, Anime-kraze has the complete series.
how do you get the torrents for chrno crusade then? there's no link :S

Dark-San
19th March 2005, 10:06 AM
Chrno Crusade is already liscened like months ago. I doubt you can get it through fansubbers any longer. I might suggest you to look for random members of specific anime IRC channels and asked around to see if they have!

Pichu
19th March 2005, 10:11 AM
Aww.. *hopeless* x.x;;

Its bound to happen that not only 3 isn't working. it is Multiples of 3. x.x;;
(6 ain't working)

Dark-San
19th March 2005, 10:29 AM
@Pichu ~ O nvm I will tried to get some information from my friend on where to get Chrno Crusade and get back to you later. ^^" Also if you're an anime watcher that expects a good ending to every animes, then I might suggest you give Chrno Crusade a miss. Just an advice tho.

Mee na! I just downloaded Tenjou Tenge OVA. Whoo Weet! God, the anime rocks. Unlike the previous series, the serial gives much attention this time to the main characters, Nagi and gang. There is a part where by the Dragon within himself awaken and you can actually see both his hands and hair turned black. Keep in mind that Nagi is a blond. The whole scene is just unexpected. Might recommend you dudes to give this one a go!

Dark Scizor
19th March 2005, 02:15 PM
Just watched the first episode of Scrapped Princess today, but i'm off tonight so I will watch the rest of them over the Easter.

Last Exile
20th March 2005, 04:23 AM
@Dark-SanI saw Air episode 1 and it seemed to be either lolicon ecchi or lolicon hentai. :sweat:

@Pichu: Chrono Crusade doesn't truly kick in until about 1/3 through and then the real part starts in Episode 13. Try to find them. Pity mailing anime internationally is illegal, ebcause I'd help you if I could.

Dark-San
20th March 2005, 05:30 AM
That was my impression on Air TV too when I watched it the first time. However it is a beautiful anime that deserves your attention. If you enjoy the anime movie, Beyond the Clouds, you will sure to love this anime as well!

Dark Scizor
20th March 2005, 07:01 AM
I'm on episode 11 or 12 of Scrapped Princess and I have to say it's kinda wierd how technology has gone backwards, kinda makes me think about what was said about world war four being fought with bows and arrows.

Dark-San
20th March 2005, 07:21 AM
No Dark Scizor, Scapped Princess in actually about Earth being invaded by Aliens and the inhabitants of the planet, us, are forced to live in a seprated world with olden technlogy a little more advanced than the Ice Age. ^^"

Initially I didn't quite expected the ending to be that weird. Well, it is an anime recommended by Last Exile~ So I tried it.

Dark Scizor
20th March 2005, 11:29 AM
No Dark Scizor, Scapped Princess in actually about Earth being invaded by Aliens and the inhabitants of the planet, us, are forced to live in a seprated world with olden technlogy a little more advanced than the Ice Age. ^^"

Yeah, it was explained an episode after i made the post. Anyway I said it reminded me of the saying as technology reverted back to a medievil-esque stage from an advanced one not that it applied to the anime as much.

Edit: Just watched the last episode, and I must say I liked that ending :).

Last Exile
21st March 2005, 04:30 AM
The ending's usually the one bit of Scrapped Princess that cops criticism the most. I found it okay ending-wise but better in the first 2/3rds. Animation and music was superb, characterisation was brilliant. Just lacked the killer punch that BONES didn't deliver until they took on Fullmetal Alchemist.

And from what I've seen of Fullmetal Alchemist so far, the anime is MUCH BETTER than the manga. It is rare to be able to say that. It's usually the other way around.

Dark-San
21st March 2005, 07:49 AM
And from what I've seen of Fullmetal Alchemist so far, the anime is MUCH BETTER than the manga. It is rare to be able to say that. It's usually the other way around.

Of course. I dropped the manga after watching Book 3, the manga didn't interested me at all. Maybe the main reason, was that I was actually going to finish watching the end of the anime before I started on the manga. For Naruto's case, its a totally different thing. The manga ownz the anime big time.

Anywayz for this week, I've watched Air 11. One more episode before the series ends. The anime is sure touching. Motherlove and the sacrifices involved. This episode sure have lots of them!

Pichu
21st March 2005, 12:05 PM
@Pichu ~ O nvm I will tried to get some information from my friend on where to get Chrno Crusade and get back to you later. ^^" Also if you're an anime watcher that expects a good ending to every animes, then I might suggest you give Chrno Crusade a miss. Just an advice tho.
So you are saying the ending is bad? ... Well, as long it is not one of those like Doraemon ones, or somethin like Tekken, or really, REALLY stupid endings, I'm okay. :3

===
I saw:

Inuyasha movie 3... the sword of world dominion (or was it world of sword dominion?) :S
Anyway, pretty good IMO. It's hella better than movie 2. Movie 2 is the worst so far. I hate that naraku scheme and all that bu11$h!+ =(

Rockman exe Access 1-3...
... XD ... watched it for fun. ... meh ... crappy drawings

I think that's all... I saw ... maybe I'm wrong. :S

Dark Scizor
21st March 2005, 04:24 PM
[/color]
So you are saying the ending is bad? ... Well, as long it is not one of those like Doraemon ones, or somethin like Tekken, or really, REALLY stupid endings, I'm okay. :3

The end to Chrno Crusade is fine.

PancaKe
22nd March 2005, 06:26 AM
Speaking of Chrono Crusade - I saw episode one last night :nod: it is very good. I like!!! Now to watch episode two!! Probably will watch it tomorrow :)

Dark-San
22nd March 2005, 06:36 AM
[/color]

===

The ending wasn't bad. Just unexpected :sweat2:

Dark Scizor
22nd March 2005, 08:07 AM
You could at least put on spoiler tags. It doesn't matter if it isn't much of a spoiler, you're giving away that it is a sad ending as opposed to a happy one,bigspoiler: although you could say it is a happy ending in a way since Rosette and Chrno wouldn't have to live through the great depression and stuff.

Last Exile
22nd March 2005, 08:40 PM
@Dark-San: Edited your post because you gave a major-league spoiler.

@Dark Scizor. Agree 110%

New viewings:

Samurai Champloo 23 -MY GOD! This was easily the best episode ever of this series! Seeing them duke it out in baseball with the Americans was priceless! Mugen is a legend forever after this episode!

My-Hime 3 - Worse than the first 2. The fanservice is getting disturbing, the battle scenes are poorly anhimated, the music is annoying, the voices are annoying. Also the similarities to X-Men are piling up like there's no tomorrow. I'm almost 100% convinced this is an X-Men rip-off that ain't cutting it. Will persevere for a little longer.

Bleach 2 - Good where My-Hime is bad. Fun, awesome opening song. The Ichigo-Rukia canter is brilliant. Plus Inoue's ditsiness is coming mightily close to trumping Osaka for Azumanga Daioh! Mind you, Inoue is hot, so that's a plus.

School Rumble 12 - Slightly better than usual. Although the insane amount of service in this episode crossed the line too much.

Dark-San
23rd March 2005, 07:05 AM
Gomen! So much for major league spoiler.

Just watched Gundam Seeds Destiny 22, all I can say that finally the long awaited appearance of Freedom in the battle scene is here. At the end of the episode, Freedom apparently shot one of Minvera's main cannon and appear in a stylish manner. Woot~ can't wait for the next episode to see how Freedom would fared in the battle, I would love it very much for Kira to take down the pilot of Impulse, Shin.

Roarkiller
25th March 2005, 08:58 AM
@Ryan: Apparently Darkyouth loves ogling at girls. Anyway, I read the manga, so I knew I should stay away from Mai-Hime. But I didn't expect to hear the same thing about AIR.

Ah well, almost finished Vandread, then I'm gonna continue Samurai Champloo. And hopefully I can watch the last two eps of Otogizoushi.

Btw, WHERE do you get Beyond the Clouds, anyway?

Dark-San
25th March 2005, 09:17 AM
Me ogling at girls? Dude that very bad of you to speak that bad of me! Naughty Naughty tsk tsk, Roarkiller! Mai Hime is an average anime not so boring as describle by Ryan.

As for Beyond the Clouds, you can get it apparently at Animesuki. Just go to the series section and search for the title. If I'm not wrong the fansub should be The_Traids. You should maybe download AC3 filter too as it is the codec that is used to watch this anime!

Riachu64
25th March 2005, 12:37 PM
Watched Bleach 20-24. Oh man, I really need to get all the episodes of this anime. XD And poooor Ichigo, he got CROTCH STOMPED! Oh the unending paaaain...

sesshomaru
25th March 2005, 01:29 PM
I saw gundam seed when flaye was captured bu the calamity(orga sabnak)and the freedom(kira yamato)got like killed in battle,but the justice(athrun zala)saved him and flaye met liutenant badgeroll again on the archangel class ship while in the midst of battle.The duel gundam(yzak i forgot his last name) and the cgue(liutenant creuset)were both in battle.The Eternal ship rammed through a blockade of 3 ZAFT ships.the forrbidden(shannhani),theCalamity,and the Raider(i forgot his name)owned in this battle.The earth forces archangel class ship and the 3 mobile armors retreated as did ZAFT and thier 2 moblie suits.The Buster(Dyarka) also helped in this battle.After the battle the justice.freedom,and buster were repaired.Mula Flaga(the Strikes new pilot)was injured in his previous hand to hand combat with Liutenant Crueset.The archangel and the eternal had repaires done.

EVme15 edit: I'm assuming that this is the post you're reffering to, in any case... yeah.

Dark Scizor
25th March 2005, 06:43 PM
Mark spoilers with the [spoiler] [/ spoiler] tags. You must have read about Dark-San's post and why you've made the same mistake I don't know.

I've re-watched Chrno Crusade episodes 1-12 and Elfen Lied 1-7 due to the lack of anime coming into my house at the moment. I'm in the mood to watch KgNE again.

Last Exile
25th March 2005, 10:18 PM
Watched Episodes 1 and 2 of Grenadier. I am really liking this! It's not crass like some people amde it out to be. Rusyana is hot. Damn hot.

Dark Scizor. Watch Grenadier. You'd like it. I mean REALLY like it! :D You too, Dark-San. What Rusyana does with bullets is...divine. :D

Dark-San
25th March 2005, 10:23 PM
I caught a few episodes of it. All she did was to shake thats bulky breast of hers and all those bullets will come out. With one swipe of her gun, she reloaded them in an instant. 0.o" Yupz I do agree that what she did was divine :lol: .

Roarkiller
25th March 2005, 10:27 PM
I'll watch anime when I actually have the time. I'm at home for less than 12 hours most weekdays except mondays when I have to go for night classes.

Gundam Seed is progressing nicely toward the end. I also watched the first two eps of NieA_7 on AXN. The art is surprisingly similar to SEL, but then also reminds me of Azumanga Daioh. Looks like a typical kiddy comedy so far.

Me birthday's on the 29th, wonder what I should treat myself to... Maybe I could get Dual! or Sister Princess I saw the other day.

Dark Scizor
25th March 2005, 10:57 PM
Sounds good. I'll look around tomorrow and see if I can find a place which I can get it from.

Dark-San
26th March 2005, 12:02 PM
Wats Duel? I only know wats Sister Princess! Can you mind if u tell me wat the anime Duel is all about?

O lately I've been catching up on some old animes like Detective Loki Ragnarok. The anime deals with the supersitions and of course the unknowns. Besides that I also watched Magical Sensei Negima 11. Nothing interesting, the episodes only shows them making some homepage and how one of the students decides to challenge the class on the popularity of the sites on the net! Pretty lame for an episode if you asked me...

Dark Scizor
26th March 2005, 02:58 PM
Wats Duel? I only know wats Sister Princess! Can you mind if u tell me wat the anime Duel is all about?

On animenfo this was the only anime with "dual" as it's title, since RoarKiller only said Dual and nothing else, I am to assume that it is this Clicky (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,142,idbpuw,dual__parallel_.html)

Dark-San
27th March 2005, 08:05 AM
While most of you dudes are enjoying your Easter Sunday celebration, I was cooped up at home viewing some really old animes. First of all, I've finished watching Detective Loki Ragnarok. What I disliked was the ending. Apparently Loki didn't wanna return to the God's World to settle his dispute with Ottin. Much to my disappointment, he decided to stay on Earth to resume his life. If you dudes didn't know what am I talking about pls refer to the webby below!

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1193,dyyfko,matantei_loki__.html

Beside finishing the anime Ragnarok, I also caught with 2 very old animes, Yu Yu Hakusho and Flames of Recca. Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty boring I must say. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the board here. The different goes for Flames of Recca. Unlike Yu Yu Hakusho, it has a slightly better developed story plot. I havn't finished watching them both so after I finished up watching them both, I might post a summary of them.

Roarkiller
28th March 2005, 12:14 AM
Dual! Parallel Trouble Dimension. Old series, only 13eps. Pretty good, love the ending. Been wanting to watch this again.

pokemasterfrank
28th March 2005, 12:39 AM
Finished Cardcaptor Sakura Season One. Not much to say, I suppose. Other than the standard "Nelvana really screwed this up when they dubbed it" comment. >_>

Bleach 23 and 24...heh. Lots of stuff. I think mainly to add some comical effect. But that's practically all that's happen since they've arrived outside of Soul Society >_> Hopefully, we'll get into that stuff now...

Mahou Sensei Negima 11. Now, they omitted a few things that I enjoyed about the manga, some story stuff, some char development stuff...so I didn't expect this at all. For sure, I thought they would omit this one >_> Oh well, introduces come characters and stuff, I guess >_> And I suppose the green-haired girl will never appear again in any prominent fashion... >_>

Dark-San
28th March 2005, 06:15 AM
Bleach 23 and 24...heh. Lots of stuff. I think mainly to add some comical effect. But that's practically all that's happen since they've arrived outside of Soul Society >_> Hopefully, we'll get into that stuff now...

@Frank~ Well next episode we will get to see them intruding into Seireitei via fireworks. To correct your last stalement, they are already in Soul Society once they entered Rukongai which means they are already in Soul Society at episode 21.

Also I'm downloading the Last Episode of Air TV. Lets us all hope that the last episode would end off nicely!

Last Exile
29th March 2005, 01:04 AM
Grenadier 3-4 - Wow, this is going along nicely. Background animation is great as is the animation for Rusyuna. If only they did the shadow effects better. Ah well. The Tara saga was cool (Yes to the REAL Tara, there is a city named after you!) and the laughing episode was a scream. Plot has kicked in nicely, tension between Rusyuna and Yu-chan is building up (I notice Yu-chan has the same voice actor as for Mugen in Samurai Champloo). This is far better than 'a cheap imitation of Trigun', as some people I know have called it. It's not quite as good as Trigun, but damn it's good fun!

Pichu
29th March 2005, 10:20 PM
Saw a lot... meh

Chrno Crusade: I found 3. Saw it. Yes, LE, I agree she is hot :p
I found 6. It's okay, meh...
I am seeing 8 now.

FMA! ... Saw 32-34 ... zzzz .. boring des ... zzz

Bleach ... old news ... saw 24
I heard that 26 is a new series... so maybe a new opening soon

Gundam Seed Destiny: Saw 1-2. It's okay.. I don't like gundams much though.

Last Exile
29th March 2005, 10:23 PM
What's to like about Gundam? I never found anything to like.

Last night:

My-Hime 4: Oh god, this one's sunk even lower! The fanservice in this episode was so excessive I want to cut my eyes out! How can people as dumb as these people exist?!

School Rumble 13: SLightly better than usual but it's completely relying on innuendo and that's the only thing keeping it afloat. What happens in 3 episodes should happen in 1.

Bleach 3 - The only thing stopping my brain from turning into mush. Finally a long running series worth sticking it out for.

Pichu
29th March 2005, 10:39 PM
I hate gundam ... one of my friends say its good, so that's the only reason why I wanted to see it.

And Last Exile, I thought you were deep in Bleach >_>

Finished Chrno Crusade 8. It is okay. Nothing special. -_-

Last Exile
29th March 2005, 10:54 PM
I hate gundam ... one of my friends say its good, so that's the only reason why I wanted to see it.

And Last Exile, I thought you were deep in Bleach >_>

Finished Chrno Crusade 8. It is okay. Nothing special. -_-

Chrono Crusade truly kicks in at 13. However, 9-10 is essential viewing in order to understand the series. Trust me, those two are better than 8 by a long shot.

As for Bleach, no one can supply me with it that readily. Everyone keeps forgetting to give me eps 5-8. I ahve 9-12 but no point in watching if I haven't seen 5-8.

Pichu
30th March 2005, 01:27 AM
Oh, episode 13... I had a quick 'scan' on it ... though I'm not that ahead. I soon will be. lol

btw, how do one give another person episodes? (since an episode is like 170 MBs) >_>

You can get em at national anime or animesuki .. meh??

Edit: awesome ... I just saw Chrno crusade 9 ... now it makes more sense XD

Roarkiller
30th March 2005, 07:28 AM
Finished watching Vandread. Slightly disappointing, but still quite okay.

Yo Dark, if you burnt it on a CD or smthng, can pass me Beyond the Clouds? Mine is downloading at like 0kbps, and you know what that means.

Dark Scizor
30th March 2005, 07:40 AM
Azumanga Daioh still hasn't come through the mail, it's been a month now -.-;

My search for Grenadier found me someone on eBay, only to find that he only ships to the US -.-'

Mondo
30th March 2005, 09:41 AM
Anime's not shown here so I haven't seen too much. Anyways, the ones I watched this week are:

Inuyasha episodes 79-81 dub
Those were good since I haven't seen Inuyasha since I moved last June and I hadn't seen these episodes before.

Full Metal Alchemist episodes 12-17 dub
They were good but 11 and 12 were a two parter and I don't have 11 so 12 was a bit confusing at first.

Digimon Season 2 episode 5 sub
Hadn't seen Digimon in a few years and had only seen the dub before and I think the beginnings and stuff were different which was interesting.

Pichu
30th March 2005, 09:02 PM
Chrno Crusade 10 :yes:

Bleach 25 - Good. But lack of fighting >_> ... probably more fighting next episode.

fat man with a monkey
30th March 2005, 09:04 PM
I try to stay away from posting in this topic (the elitism chokes me) but the digimon "seasons" are all very different because each is a different series.

Dark Scizor
30th March 2005, 09:45 PM
And some of them are very good like (in my opinion) Tamers :D.

fat man with a monkey
30th March 2005, 10:28 PM
I didn't like tamers at first, but it grew on me. I would've liked it better if it would've been a little different. And if one of the main characters didn't remind me of Misty. I really, honestly, liked frontier a lot. It was probably my favorite series.

Last Exile
31st March 2005, 12:28 AM
I'm getting Beyond the Clouds too. It's been said to have the best 2D animation ever. It's made by the guy who made voices of a Distant Star.

Mondo
31st March 2005, 01:34 AM
I try to stay away from posting in this topic (the elitism chokes me) but the digimon "seasons" are all very different because each is a different series.
Well I don't know the names for them. I only watched the series with the first 12 digidestined and were told those are the first two season. The thing I watched was when TK, Kari, Yolei, Davis, and Cody are the digidestined and the old digidestined help and Ken's still evil. You tell me the name of that series and I'll start referring to it by it's name. :P

Last Exile
31st March 2005, 02:49 AM
Grenadier 5-8 - Simple storyline but god this is really fun. First thing I've watched in months I can say that about. I love those kanji scrolling shots, they're hilarious. Plus the battles have gotten a lot better.

Riachu64
31st March 2005, 07:27 AM
Well I don't know the names for them. I only watched the series with the first 12 digidestined and were told those are the first two season. The thing I watched was when TK, Kari, Yolei, Davis, and Cody are the digidestined and the old digidestined help and Ken's still evil. You tell me the name of that series and I'll start referring to it by it's name. :P

The 4 Digimon series are named:
Adventure
Adventure 02
Tamers
and Frontier (my faaavorite out of them all)

Err... I haven't watched any anime this week. >_> But I've got Samurai Champloo 23 and 24 downloaded, which I'll watch this Friday. Yay!

Mondo
31st March 2005, 07:41 AM
Well then I only watch Adventures (both of them).

Pichu
31st March 2005, 08:03 PM
Saw:

Naruto 127-128 dual episode. ... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
OMFG...TOO MANY FLASH BACKS
ITS LIKE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES OF FLASH BACK OF THE 44 MINUTES!!!
... ... ...

Chrno Crusade 11-12
12 is kinda boring. 11 is okay.
edit: Just saw 13-14. ^_^
edit: Just saw 15 ... o_o; ....

Last Exile
1st April 2005, 01:33 AM
I wonder what face you'll have after your see episode 19! Oh boy, that episode was insane! :D