PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Alias..

PancaKe
28th July 2004, 08:16 AM
+ Have you ever had an alter ego/internet alias?

IF YES:

+ What was their name/personality
+ Did you have a reason for making them
+ What did you use them for?

IF NO:

+ Why not?
+ Would you ever?

I once had an internet alias named Alida. She was some really weird teenybopper popular shallow girl who was really hot. I guess I made her so that I could use her to ask all my friends stuff and find out info that they wouldn't tell me. And it worked for a while ^_^ I got bored though so I just let her die.

mr_pikachu
28th July 2004, 09:11 AM
IF YES:

It was essentially the same as mine. I didn't really act any differently because... well, I had no need or way to. You'll see why in a minute.

I used them for things like my epic mass voting on the Major League Baseball All-Star game. I must've had twelve different aliases with various E-mail addresses, including my parents, my pets, and my imaginary brothers and sisters. ^_^;; I still think I may have made the difference in getting Edgar Renteria the shortstop starting spot... :D

See above answer. :yes:

Jay Umbreon
28th July 2004, 09:34 AM
Kasumi. I pretended that I was a girl...it worked for most of the time while she was alive...but then I decided to add a twist and tell everyone that Kasumi was indeed a guy! then she got demodded, and my real personality, Jay, just shadowed her out and I got to be a mod again with that one.

Just a bit of a laugh, innit.

Chattin to people on MSN and using her 'female' personality to my advantage. Also, posting on TPM.

:)

~Jay

nightcrow
28th July 2004, 10:26 AM
1. I don't really have any online 'alter egos'... aside from nightcrow, but as much as she is me, she isn't. Hmm.
2. I didn't really 'create' nightcrow.. she created herself
3. I don't use her for anything.

Also, I used to go by ashlea online.. does that count? :sweat4:

kainashi
28th July 2004, 10:30 AM
1. i have better things to do online than make up some fake alter-ego.
2. no, i probably would never make one up. :P

Lady Vulpix
28th July 2004, 02:29 PM
I've never had exactly that, but I do have a Matt clone on AIM and I once registeres on TPM as Lilirins Blankc.
Reasons for their creation:
1. Lilirins Blankc: to post an experimental story at the Battle Range and find out what people really thought about it, and about my writings in general. And also to see if anyone could figure out it was me.
2. Links Ocanira 2002: almost everyone else had a Matt clone or more, and I wanted to make the most effective one. Experience has proven that it worked. :D

abunaidesu
28th July 2004, 03:08 PM
+ Why not?
because its a waste of time

+ Would you ever?
not planning to anytime soon

Kirei
28th July 2004, 04:21 PM
Actually, yeah, but not for ages. I've had a couple, but the one I can remember was on the Radiohead forum. I made up this really depressive girl because when I was myself nobody would talk to me, but when I used the alter ego they had more respect for me. Lameass Radiohead fans! At the time I did it because I liked the band and just wanted to have a chat with people about them! I had to make up a personality to get liked there! :196:

Bulbasaur4
31st July 2004, 01:49 AM
Well, I really don't have an alter-ego or identity or anything. I just use a pen name for my email accounts and when (hopefully) I get to publish my first book, I'll just use my pen name. ^^

Elizabeth Byquest

How original? ^^

phaedrus
31st July 2004, 09:31 AM
No ego (to #1), because I'd rather level up my HUnewearl in PSO or finish Metroid: Zero Mission. Not really (to #2), because I'd be doing what I just mentioned.

Leon-IH
31st July 2004, 10:51 AM
Yep, my Alias is "Sam Jackson" - he hates the people I hate, he does my hate mailing, signing people up to various websites - NOT THAT SORT OF WEBSITE.

So basically he is an annoying sod who allows me to prank email people (new generation of prank calling xD).

Oh yeah, 600th Post and it's about how annoying I can be.. BANG BANG BANG!

Yoh Asakura
31st July 2004, 11:10 AM
Yes, I'm several people on this board, I do it to make people like me. </End Sarcasm>

No.
Why not? More like Why bother? I doubt I will, if I ever get into RPing or whatev it's called then yeah.

Agent Elrond
31st July 2004, 12:55 PM

Fenn Ryder, (http://home.teleport.com/~abra/images/FennTheo.jpg) after a made up character of mine. She's a lesbian tough girl with a sarcastic sense of humor.... and a sharp sword. A lot like me in other ways, only I'm straight as far as I can tell. >.>

+ Did you have a reason for making them?

So that I could get my revenge on certain male members of the GameFAQs community.

I use her on GameFAQs, like I said, mostly as a counterweight to all the hormone crazed boys over there. Her and her sword, that is... >:-]

8)

Jay
1st August 2004, 06:14 AM
+ Did you have a reason for making them?

yes. it was at SPPf after I was banned/demodded. I made two 'alter-egos' where no one has even guessed yet, but i'm sure people have their suspicions. one is pretty inactive now but used to play in the arcade a lot, think I only posted twice on it, and the other is active right now. been posting on it for a while.

good luck finding it though. :wave:

my first name was to just try out the arcade until i eventually got bored with it, and the other is for a bit of whinage.

Aipom Of Doom
1st August 2004, 10:19 AM
Nah.

+ Why not?
I have no use for them.

+ Would you ever?
If I ever find a use for one :o.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd August 2004, 06:48 PM
Lemmie think, Alias's...

Stick Mandingo, Fananga (First ever online name), Gavin Wynder, UC.....just generally names that i pick up as i go lol. The later of those are TPM related, Gavin Wynder being the name and Charachter i create for RPG's and when i first started talking to other Members i 'was' him.

Perdanski
4th August 2004, 07:30 AM

Nope. Mine is just made up.

+ Why not?

Because I don't think I have use for them, do I?

+ Would you ever?

I would if I have at least some use for them for something.

Tainted
4th August 2004, 12:19 PM
Uh, like three years ago I went by the name of 'Lance Zak Hunter' just as a pen name, because at that time I didn't want to be known by my real name for some reason. Same personality as me, just a differant name.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter