PDA

View Full Version : FMA,The next BIG anime?...

Sabakyuu
28th July 2004, 12:21 PM
I thought square was only good at making games, but it seems they have a talent for anime as well. I'm wondering if they will decide to produce more anime, thanks to the fast popularity of Full Metal Alchemist. This anime took me completely off guard. I watched the first episode and it was so boring, that I never decided to watch the rest of the 25 episodes I had until a few months later. I forced myself to watch the episodes until episode 7 made its mark. IFrom that point on it just gets better and better with interesting twists almost every episode. I am amazed at how nicely the plot advances and the lack of filler episodes. I didn't expect something to be so bad, to just change to become the best thing ever invented. I've seen up to episode 42 and although I'm really disappointed that they kill off the great characters, it manages to advance the plot so nicely.I just hope that Riza manages to stay alive...I will be totally surprised if they plan to kill of Edward,Al or even Winry. The problem is many people decide to judge an anime just on the first episode which may be the reason why many people will despise Full Metal Alchemist and not be a noob like i was and judge only from the first few episodes.

fat man with a monkey
28th July 2004, 12:28 PM
just curious, what's the base plot of FMA?

Sabakyuu
28th July 2004, 12:51 PM
Two Brothers,Edward and Alphonse break the law of alchemy by perfoming human transmutation in an attempt to revive their dead mother. As punishment Edward loses his an arm & leg, while his younger brother is left with his soul that Edward contains inside an armor suit. They decide to embark on a journey to gain leads on the legendary philosher's stone(able to peform human transmutation)so that they can regain their bodies and return their peaceful lifesytle of living.

Its gets alot more serious with concepts such as war and human experiments... :oh:

classy_cat18
28th July 2004, 12:55 PM
This may be a little wrong, but here it goes. Two brothers, Edward and Alphonse (Al for short, bless his soul), try to ressurect their dead mother. Their plan goes south and they are punished big time. Ed loses an arm (maybe a leg too) and Al's body transforms into a big suit of armor. Naturally they try to get into an academy of sorts to try to reverse this.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last Exile
30th July 2004, 01:55 AM
The plot is interesting, the animation is good, but overall it's jsut a bit better than your average anime. Hype in Asia is so huge for this. Half the space in the major anime stores in Japan is solely dedicated to FMA, according to a mate of mine that just got back from Japan.

It's good but not great.

Roarkiller
30th July 2004, 06:08 AM
Lotsa animes got lousy a start. And believe me ive seen a LOT of these, even with my limited titles. Wonder why.

Anyway, for want of 40+ eps, id rather catch up with the older anime. Im getting pretear after azumanga, even tho theres a sub available by a local subber. I definitely aint gonna buy it cuz ive got enough of their horrendous subbing. And thats a capital H.

Dark-San
30th July 2004, 08:33 AM
FMA has good plot and it ownzed totally, however it still lags behind animes like Chrno Crusade in terms of effects and the scenes! Anywayz I've watched until episode 40. I got all my episodes from Spoon.

Roarkiller
31st July 2004, 01:42 AM
FMA has good plot and it ownzed totally, however it still lags behind animes like Chrno Crusade in terms of effects and the scenes! Anywayz I've watched until episode 40. I got all my episodes from Spoon.

How nice of u to drop by. How bout making some time for me to return u ur CDs?

Chrno Crusades was only so-so, so i take it from what u said that FMA is worse.

Wonder how's the story tho.

Last Exile
2nd August 2004, 02:47 AM
How nice of u to drop by. How bout making some time for me to return u ur CDs?

Chrno Crusades was only so-so, so i take it from what u said that FMA is worse.

Wonder how's the story tho.

Indeed, welcome back, Darkyouth.

Considering I would be willing to live and die by Chrno Crusade, I'll pretend you never said that. ;) However I agree with Daryouth, again. ;)

FMA storywise is okay to begin with, but what I'm hearing of late from the dedicated fans in my area is that the action is good but the storyline has become a mess.

Chrono Storm
15th August 2004, 02:23 PM
The storyline's still pretty good, actually, though I'm probably biased. Then again, I comprehended Chrono Cross(which is infamous for having a complicated and messy plot), so...

Anyway, I reccomend it if you're into action, character development, slightly disturbing plot twists, deadly sins, and are slightly masochistic when it comes to your favorite characters, because chances are, they're going to die. Seriously, I get attached to a character and then BANG! DAMN YOU, ENVY!