View Full Version : Pieces Of Me

Serenity-Artemis
28th July 2004, 03:28 PM
Tittle: Pieces Of Me
Old Tittle: ESE Girl with Powers
By: Yami Chibi Chibi
Published: 03-02-04

Chapter 1 Over, Over and Over Again

For what seemed like the hundredth time, Professor Oak glanced at the flashing monitors above the hospital bed, looking for any signs of a response. And for the hundredth time, there was nothing there to give him hope; no change at all. With a sinking heart, he turned around to look at Delia, who lay unconscious in the hospital bed attached to the monitors.

"Why won't Mom wake up?" Ash worried as he clutched his mother's hand.

"Your mother has been though a lot, Ash," Professor Oak said gently.

"Professor Oak," Ash asked in a quavering voice. "Is my mom going to..."

Even though he had been thinking the same thing, he didn't want to alarm the boy.

"Ash, some of the finest doctors in the region work at this hospital. Your mother is in the best place she could be right now."

As they were speaking, the door of the hospital room slowly opened. Both Ash and Professor Oak turned around as the door creaked.

"Oh my God. Delia!"

---

Chapter 2 The Past Is Back

Many years ago, Delia had been working as a research assistant at the Oak Pokémon Research Laboratory. During her tenure at the lab, Professor Oak's wife was tragically killed in a car accident. Delia had found him sobbing at his desk the day after the funeral. All he wanted was for someone to hold him, take away his pain, make him forget everything that had happened in the last three days. And that person had been Rose, but now she was gone... gone forever.

But Delia was there. She had been fighting a growing attraction to her boss for some time, but now he needed her, wanted her. She took him in her arms, held him while he cried, comforted him, kissed him... and more. It wasn't until the next morning when they had realized what a horrible, horrible mistake they had made.

Delia decided not to tell her husband. They had a good marriage and, except for this one time, she had never been unfaithful to him. But her past came back to haunt her nine months later as the doctor explained to her why Will Ketchum couldn't be the father of her newborn son.

Delia didn't tell her husband then, either. Why should he and their son have to suffer because she had made one mistake?

But Professor Oak knew. When he first looked into the hospital crib and saw the dark-haired baby with the large brown eyes, a vague, uneasy feeling started forming in the pit of his stomach. His suspicions were confirmed when he tickled the baby's feet and saw that the second and third toes of the boy's right foot were exactly the same length... just like his own. Because Will had been there, he decided it was best to smile and keep silent. Professor Ivy went over to the crib and start to play with the baby in the crib. "Are you just the cutest little baby I’ve saw." Professor Ivy stop play with the baby. Professor Oak noticed her feeling her stomach they baby had just start to move around. "Felina...What wrong?! Are you oh ok?" Professor Ivy look over at him. "Yes...I'm fine, The baby just kick me that all." (Professor Ivy was four month pragnany with Professor Oak's Child) Five Month later Professor Ivy give birth to Professor Oak own daughter that they named Sasami Serenity IvyOak. (After her father Samuel. Because he nickname was Sammy and that was her nickname too.)

Delia kept her secret well hidden until the day when she was out side with Ash and Sasami both were eight years old. Sasami with Delia as Delia put up Sasami hair in pigtails and Ash had been hit by a car while riding his bike. Until the day she died, she would never forget the look on Will's face when the doctor at the emergency room told him that neither he nor Delia or Felina could be blood donors for Ash but for Sasami it like they blood was the same but different at the same time (maybe it because Sasami was the Whitelighter part of Samuel and Ash the Human half of him). As Will raged at the doctor, calling him incompetent and a liar, Delia knew what she had to do. And it would be one of the hardest things she would ever have to do. With a shaking hand, she dialed Professor Oak's number.

"Professor Oak?"

"Hello, Delia." He heard the catch in her voice. "What's wrong? You sound upset."

"Ash. He's had an accident. He's at the hospital."

"Oh my God, is he all right? What happened?"

"He was hit by a car when he was riding his bike. He needs blood."

"I'll be happy to come down and donate as soon as I..."

She quickly cut him off. "You don't understand! You're the only one who can donate blood for Ash! You... you're his..."

He then understood what she was saying.

"Delia, I know."

She was shocked. "You... you know? But how?"

"That's not important now. I'll be down there as fast as I can. I'm leaving now."

As she hung up the phone, Delia felt sick, drained.

When Professor Oak showed up at the hospital shortly thereafter and proved to be a perfect match with Ash's unusual blood type, Will quickly put two and two together.

Three weeks after Ash was released from the hospital, Will announced that he was going away on a Pokémon training journey. That was nothing unusual; as a Pokémon trainer, Will often went away for weeks at a time. But this time, Delia knew he wasn't coming back. Feeling responsible for their separation, Professor Oak kept his distance from Delia during the first few months after Will left. But as time passed and it became obvious that Will wasn't coming back, the two of them started to rekindle their friendship. In the nearly four years since then, they had become good friends. Professor Oak even fancied that he was falling in love with her. But since she was still legally married to Will, there was an unspoken line over which they would never cross. They weren't going to make the same mistake twice.

mr_pikachu
28th July 2004, 11:10 PM
Hm. This wasn't too bad. I sort of understood what was going on here (you're using an AdultShipping scenario, if I'm not mistaken). But frankly, it was kind of hard to understand what was going on. There were lots of words left out, as well as phrases and sentences that I just couldn't understand. For instance:

(After her father Samuel. Because he nickname was Sammy and that was her nickname too.)

First of all, the nickname you gave was "Sasami", and I don't see how that relates to "Sammy" very well. I get the part about Sammy being Oak's nickname (as he's Professor Samuel Oak). But are you saying that Sammy was Professor Ivy's name, as well? I believe her name was Felina... :confused:

Also, make sure you edit and check for grammar before you post your chapters. I noticed quite a few instances where you had typos, forgot words, and other related errors. It makes this sort of thing very hard to read, so it's worth your time to go through and edit. Trust me, good editing can make all the difference. :yes:

Other than that, this looks alright. I've never heard a definite name given for Delia's husband, so that's fairly creative. And I also didn't think about Delia having the affair with Oak while her husband was still around. For some reason, that never crossed my mind. Some uniqueness there with the other child, too. That was interesting. Keep working on it, and be sure to edit!