PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Frightened?

Kirei
28th July 2004, 03:47 PM
I've got the dentist tomorrow. I'm always paranoid I'll need a filling as I've never had one before and I'm scared it will hurt - I hate the dentists!!! Hehe, what are you frightened of? I'm also frightened of small spaces and wasps and bees :o

Sub-poll: have you ever had a filling, and does it hurt???? :196:

Yoh Asakura
28th July 2004, 03:49 PM
Fillings don't hurt at all. It's when they get the drill out or that stupid stick to scrape out huge holes, that hurts.

abunaidesu
28th July 2004, 04:05 PM
fillings dont hurt they are fun

Zalika
28th July 2004, 04:32 PM
My worst fears are: Slow, painful death; pregnancy; childbirth; and vomitting. I also am afraid of sufficating because I have asthma.

Fillings are a little scary the first time. I was terrified when I had my first one done, but it doesn't hurt at all. They numb you anyways, so you don't even know what they're doing. It took two shots of novacaine (sp?) before my gums started to become senseless... -_-

~Zalika :scared:

Yoh Asakura
28th July 2004, 04:38 PM
I never got any shots when I had my fillin. I just sat in the chair and they filled it in *shrugs*

SupremeChampion
28th July 2004, 04:58 PM
him, i'm scared of needles, not being able to move, falling from heights (though not heights themselves) and of failing someone. the last one would probably be the worst.

~The Italian Stallion

p.s.= on a completely unrelated note, i have never had a filling or even a cavitiy. but the people i know that have gotten them say it's not that bad

Agent Elrond
28th July 2004, 05:19 PM
..... Drowning..... ..... ..... denitsts.... .... .... ... vet bills..... ( :eek: ) ...... .... Mr. Chesney.... oh wait, he's not real, NOT real! Damnit!

Fillings aren't that bad, just a royal pain. They (usually) numb yer mouth, but that involves sticking a sharp needle in. But it's just a poke, nothing to get excited about, and if you have a good dentist it shouldn't take that long. The worst thing is how guilty you always feel about. ("I'm tainted Mother! AAAAHH!")

I know what I'm talking about, I have very soft, cavity prone teeth so I've had about, oh, a million filling experiences... blarg. X_X

Green Lanturn
28th July 2004, 08:48 PM
Last time I had a filling, they didn use the shot, they used that numbing stuff they put of a swab and just let it rest against the inside of your cheek. It went by nicely.

As for my fears.

Spiders~Yes, though I may not scream or shriek, i hate them incredibly.

Heights~This is more of a fear of falling i would suppose. I mean, I love roller coasters(i live for them!),I just dont like the prosect of falling.

Those are my main ones.

Okeday!

~GL

Thy
28th July 2004, 09:00 PM
I hate big dogs, unless they appear friendly and let me arroach it without getting upset. I also hate big spaces by myself. I love the feeling of being tight. I'd rather be stuffed in a closet that stuck in a Beverly Hills mansion. The thing I hate most is semi-high things. I hate seeing down less than 3 floors (except the ground). I'm fine being high up, but being barely off the ground scares me. Even in buidings I feel like the walls with disappear as I look out the window.

Fillings don't hurt. They just numb the tooth and fill it up. It's not that bad. If you hate it that bad, just spend more time with your teeth.

Da Fragger
28th July 2004, 09:40 PM
I like spiders, snakes, scorpions, and almost everything else that freaks people out. I am however afraid of girls. Those are the scariest creatures under the sun!

Roy Karrde
28th July 2004, 10:34 PM
When I had my fillings, I was scared to death the day/week/month/half a year before I had to get them. Really there is nothing to really be terrified about, you get a shot which is basically the nicest shot in the world, it causes less pain than getting your finger pricked, infact it feels more like some one pinched the inside of your mouth. The best part and I mean absolutly best part of getting your teeth filled is the laughing gas, it's awesome and some what addicting. It also makes everything very enjoyable.

As for what I am afraid of? Bugs any and all kinds of bugs freak me out, along with heights, The boogieman from the Real Ghostbusters, and sometimes going through the house at midnight when all the lights are out.

mr_pikachu
28th July 2004, 10:44 PM
I am afraid of heights. I've been slowly overcoming that fear, but it's been tough. I plan to go in the St. Louis Arch sometime soon. :scared:

And I don't have a fear of bugs, just a general frustration with them. They're incredibly annoying, and they always swarm me, rather than the people I'm with. It's all I can do to kill them before I get infected with the West Nile Virus. :eek:

And no, I've never had a filling. Sorry for the lack of input in that regard.

cd
29th July 2004, 03:23 AM
nothing really frightens me so much that it jumps to my thoughts immediately. i've had one filling. didn't hurt.

Lady Vulpix
29th July 2004, 04:50 PM
Ok, I've never said this before, but... My worst fear is losing my memory. Which I really hope NEVER happens.

Oh, and Soo... Scaryface! http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/scaryface.txt Sorry, but this poll asked for it.

Gengachu
29th July 2004, 05:52 PM
I'm afraid of sharp objects(like knives) and heights.

Thankfully, my teeth are in good shape so I've never had to go to the dentist for anything other than a check-up.

Amethyst Flygon
29th July 2004, 09:24 PM
When I had my fillings, I was scared to death the day/week/month/half a year before I had to get them. Really there is nothing to really be terrified about, you get a shot which is basically the nicest shot in the world, it causes less pain than getting your finger pricked, infact it feels more like some one pinched the inside of your mouth. The best part and I mean absolutly best part of getting your teeth filled is the laughing gas, it's awesome and some what addicting. It also makes everything very enjoyable.

Laughing gas is awesome. I've never had a filling or even a cavity, but I have messed up teeth when it comes to everything else. Don't worry about fillings, I had a canine tooth stuck some where near the back of my nose, so I had oral surgery to get a chain hooked up to it. The only things I ever felt were the shots and I could only tell they were slicing because the gloves were covered in blood after being in my mouth.
I think my personal fear is being left by myself for more than two hours. My thoughts tend to get very weird and I fell really lonely. I like to be left alone for a while, but not that long.

PS100
30th July 2004, 07:03 PM
Main Poll: What will happen if I'm ever elected President. :scared: lol

Seriously, though, crowds make me a little nervous. I'm not claustrophobic, but I just hate crowds. I dunno what it is, I've just always been like this... Go figure.

OH and :what: needles. I hate needles. They freak me out. I could never be a heroin addict.

Mini-poll: Yes, and no. It feels VERY odd when they use the drill, but it doesn't really hurt... It's also really cool if you have Novacaine used on you and your jaw goes slack... Playing with it afterwards is fun. ^^

PS

Cheesey
31st July 2004, 02:11 PM
I don't have a fear of heights, I just have the fear of falling from them. X_x; Whenever I'm in a high place I usually quite like it, but I always get the feeling that there's a possibility I'll fall and hurt myself. Like on balconies - If I lean over it I look down and sometimes I get dizzy and feel as if I'm about to fall off. But if I don't focus on that I'm fine. XD I'm also afraid (and I hate) huge spiders and insects. Small or medium-sized ones I don't mind, but I hate things like cockroaches and tarantulas and things. >_< I used to be afraid of getting hurt by others but since that doesn't happen any more it doesn't affect me. Hoorah. ^_^;;

I've had several fillings but it wasn't because I wasn't eating properly or not brushing properly or whatever. The enamel doesn't form properly on some of my teeth and I need to get the fillings so it doesn't get any worse. The first time I got a filling the drill tickled and my mouth wasn't at all numb from the anaesthetic afterwards - A few times after that he sprayed water and air at my teeth and since the enamel wasn't there to protect anything the insides of my teeth stung. x_x And he had a huge drill that I'm sure he didn't need to use! And a syringe. Ohhh, the syringe. >_<;;