PDA

View Full Version : Suzaku vs TMM (Ref: strewth)

Suzaku
29th July 2004, 06:44 PM
I hope I'm doing this right...

Well since I'm new around here, I'd like to battle someone new like me.

2 vs. 2
Opponent Sends Out First
I Attack First
DQ Time: 4 Days

Arena: The arena for Cinnabar Island Gym. It looks like the one in the Pokemon Stadium games.

Any takers?

The Muffin Man
29th July 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm not new, but I'll TRY not to use Tauros ^^;

Is that ok? Just say the word.

Suzaku
29th July 2004, 07:23 PM
As long as you don't use fully evolved pokemon, I'm good. You can battle me.

Just wondering, how long have you participated in ASB? Maybe that'll give me a sense about the kind of challenge you are.

The Muffin Man
29th July 2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know exactly...'bout a year or so o.o;;

But I have only 1 fully evolved Pokemon, and I probably won't use him ^_^;;

strewth
29th July 2004, 08:18 PM
I'll ref if you want me to (currently a rookie ref). I'm very active (although my post count indicates otherwise) and get on 2-3 times a day.

Suzaku
29th July 2004, 11:30 PM
Sure you can ref. Can we start now?

The Muffin Man
30th July 2004, 10:37 AM
Alright ^^ As per our agreement, I'll use Charmander first! Male, named Blaze.

Suzaku
30th July 2004, 08:33 PM
I choose Nuriko (Numel, M)! Start with a Sandstorm and Earthquake x2.

Sandstorm = Earthquake x2

The Muffin Man
1st August 2004, 12:35 PM
Alright Charmander! Blaze through the Sandstorm with a Flamethrower. Then, Counter the Earthquakes!

strewth
1st August 2004, 09:46 PM
I've never played Stadium, so I'm going to assume the arena is like the one in the anime. Any screenshots or good descriptions you could provide me with would help a lot. I'll edit the reffing if needed.

Suzaku vs TMM
Round 1
Blaze (Charmander-M) vs Nuriko (Numel-M)
Arena: Cinnabar Island Gym

~Pre-Battle~
Blaze: 100%, fine
Nuriko: 100%, fine
Arena: A large, rectangular arena is suspended above boiling lava (or is it magma?) by four huge chains. The heat rising off of the liquid rock is intense, but not unbearable.

~Attacks~
Nuriko! - "Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake"
Blaze! - "Flamethrower ~ Counter ~ Counter"

Round 1 - Begin!
The little camel begins the round by calling up a raging whirlwind of sand.......or tries to. The arena is, unfortunately for Nuriko, clear of debrise and all he manages to stir up intially is volcanic ash. Blaze snickers at his opponent's failed attack when he notices that his skin is starting to sting. Tiny trickles of blood escape from the torn skin. It feels like tiny shards of glass are being thrown at him, which in fact, is exactly what's happening. Sand + heat = glass. It appears Nuriko's Sandstorm could have some effect after all. The wind does provide a little relief from the heat.

Growling, Blaze aimes a Flamethrower at Nuriko. Nuriko's fur has protected him from the superficial cuts of the Sandstorm, although his eyes and nose are still exposed. A Flamethrower won't do much damage against this Fire and Ground type. The long stream of fire washes over Nuriko, singing his fur and doing little damage.

Raising one foot, Nuriko slams it powerfully into the gym floor. It seems his trainer did not take into account the nature of the arena when issuing commands. Disturbingly, cracks radiate out from the impact site. The arena wobbles slightly, the chains absorbing most of the movement. The seismic waves travel towards Blaze, who is shimmering and glowing. He looks nervous, knowing that Nuriko will perform another Earthquake. Will the floor collapse? His thoughts are interrupted when the seismic energy slams into him. Blaze quickly fires off a beam of energy back at Nuriko, returning the damage given. He pants a little, then glows again as Nuriko once more slams his foot into the floor.

Nuriko looks a little hesitant, then fires off another Earthquake. The cracks become a little bigger, a little deeper. He cringes slightly as the seismic energy is once more returned to him in the form of a beam.

The Sandstorm continues to rage, doing slight damage to both pokemon.

~Post-Round~
Blaze: 80%, panting a little, nervous about the floor
Nuriko: 74%, nervous about the floor
Arena: Part of the floor near Nuriko cracked, doesn't seem to be anything to worry about....for now. Sandstorm still going (2 more rounds)

Any corrections, complaints, flames, bricks, or bombs to throw my way? :P

The Muffin Man
2nd August 2004, 09:06 PM
Try and get in close and Seismic Toss it. Just leap into the air and throw it down(at enough of an angle in case the thing crumbles)

Use protect if it tries Toxic, and Mega Punch if it tries anything up close.

S-Toss x3/Protect, Megapunch as neccasary.

Suzaku
3rd August 2004, 12:07 PM
Just use Earthquake x3 before he tries to get close to you. If he gets too close, use Strength and get him away from you.

strewth
3rd August 2004, 05:23 PM
Suzaku vs TMM
Round 2

~Pre-Round~
Blaze: 80%, panting a little, nervous about the floor, tiny cuts all over body
Nuriko: 74%, nervous about the floor, fur singed, nose bleeding from cuts
Arena: Part of the floor near Nuriko cracked, doesn't seem to be anything to worry about....for now. Sandstorm still going (2 more rounds)

~Attacks~
Blaze! - "Seismic Toss x 3! Megapunch if opponent gets close."
Nuriko! - "Earthquake x 3! Strength when opponent is close."

Round 2 - Begin!

Blaze begins the round by trying to get close enough to Nuriko to perform the Seismic Toss. Nuriko snorts. He's not going to let that happen. Once more slamming his foot into the ground, Nuriko sends the Earthquake at the lizard, throwing him off balance. Blaze wobbles and falls flat on his face. He quickly gets up and once more runs toward Nuriko.

Deciding Blaze is close enough to require Strength, Nuriko seizes the Charmander's leg with his mouth. At the exact same time, Blaze grabs two pawfuls of Nuriko's fur for the Seismic Toss. Neither Pokemon can perform their attacks. Looks like a stalemate to me.

Nuriko tugs at Blaze's leg. His opponent just hangs on tight to his fur. Blaze is similarly stuck. He can't throw Nuriko with him hanging on to his leg. They would both wind up being tossed. Wait.....wouldn't this count as Nuriko trying something up close? Blaze grins and releases Nuriko's fur. His fist glows white as he delivers a point blank Mega Punch to Nuriko's shoulder. Bellowing, the little camel is thrown back from the force of the punch. Fighting the pain, Nuriko slams his uninjured front leg into the ground, setting off tremors and causing the arena to wobble once again. Blaze catches the force of the tremors, wobbling but not falling this time. More cracks form........Blaine's going to have to replace the gym floor when this match is done. ^_^'

The Sandstorm is still going, but some of it's power has faded as both Pokemon wince from the glass shards.

~Post-Round~
Blaze: 58%, panting a little, doesn't seem to notice the floor anymore, tiny cuts all over body
Nuriko: 57%, panting from pain, front right leg hurt, fur singed, doesn't seem to notice the floor anymore
Arena: Floor cracked worse than before, doesn't look like it will collapse, though. Sandstorm fading (1 more round).

I believe I interpreted your attacks correctly, TMM. If not, I'll edit it.

Edit: Wrong health % on Nuriko.

Suzaku
4th August 2004, 09:22 AM
You're doing a good job Nuriko. I was just wondering, why does Numel get hurt by the sandstorm even though he's part ground and supposedly immune to it? I'll just post attacks and wait for an answer.

Nuriko, since you can't move too well, let Charmander come to you. When he does, use a Focus Energy + Double Edge combo. Finally, use Strength to really do some damage.

The Muffin Man
4th August 2004, 01:15 PM
Well if she wants you to get up close, just stay back, and hurl a Toxic! Then, Earthquake twice!

Toxic - EQ x2.

strewth
4th August 2004, 02:29 PM
There is no reason for Nuriko to be immune to it. Ground types are not automatically immune to ground type moves. Besides, this is more of a glass storm than a sandstorm. This is from the Attack list Beta:

Sandstorm: The user summons a raging windstorm that picks up any gritty debris available, such as dirt or sand, which scores across all available surfaces. The sand moves quite quickly, and therefore causes bruising and occasionally bleeding on any unarmored victim in the storm area. It is temporary, but while it lasts it is very hard for any pokémon within to see, hear, smell, or concentrate. Good accuracy.

Since Nuriko is not armored, there is no reason for the Sandstorm to not effect him. If he was an Onix, Steelix, Skarmory, etc., then it would be different. Did I clear that up for you? :)

I'll have a reffing up soon.

strewth
4th August 2004, 03:02 PM
Suzaku vs TMM
Round 3

~Pre-Round~
Blaze: 58%, panting a little, doesn't seem to notice the floor anymore, tiny cuts all over body
Nuriko: 57%, panting from pain, front right leg hurt, fur singed, doesn't seem to notice the floor anymore
Arena: Floor cracked worse than before, doesn't look like it will collapse, though. Sandstorm fading (1 more round).

~Attacks~
Nuriko! - "Focus Energy + Double Edge ~ Strength."
Blaze! - "Toxic ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake."

Round 3 - Begin!
Nuriko stares at Blaze with a look of intense concentration on his face. Carefully studying his opponent, the Numel is able to pick out weak spots for a vital hit and seems to have entered a trance. Being completely focused on the battle, as well as having a hurt leg, Nuriko is unable to avoid the glob of vicious ooze Blaze spits his way. The toxins sink into Nuriko's system, causing minimal damage......for now.

Nuriko winces. The spot on his back where the Toxic hit tingles. Growling in frustration, Nuriko realizes he can't perform any of his commanded attacks at this distance. The little camel is virtually helpless.........as is Blaze. Earthquake? What's Earthquake?

Blaze glares at his trainer. Of course he can't learn Earthquake.

Neither Pokemon seems to notice the Sandstorm finally dying off.

~Post-Round~
Nuriko: 55%, badly poisoned (2% next round), front right leg hurt, fur singed, panting, a little disappointed
Blaze: 58%, panting, frustrated with trainer
Arena: Superficial cracks all over, Sandstorm gone

Suzaku
4th August 2004, 10:36 PM
Thank you for the explanation of Sandstorm. I guess its very different from the game version. I really should read the attack list more closely.

Uh... I'm sorry for being a pest but... the last time I checked, a Charmander cannot pull off an Earthquake. If there is proof in the animé that he could pull it off, then I'll shut up.

The Muffin Man
4th August 2004, 10:48 PM
If not change it to Rock Slide. Same basic effect. Stomps ground, something damages massive damage. The re-reffing won't take long.

Suzaku
5th August 2004, 12:04 PM
But I thought moves cannot be replaced. Once the attack set is posted, they're final and there can't be any changes to it.

The Muffin Man
5th August 2004, 12:37 PM
well the reffing happened so there'd need to be a RE-Reffing to redetermine the damage.

You don't like losing I take it?

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2004, 03:07 PM
No moves can be replaced in a re-reffing, unless the opponent agrees to it. Either you can let him use Rock Slide or not, Suzaku. Of course, we all know the possible outcomes so it's your choice

Suzaku
6th August 2004, 04:59 PM
I guess its my choice. Oh well. No moves can be replaced in that round and a re-ref should be done. Its your mistake for not knowing a Charmander moveset TMM so you'll have to deal with it. I'm not a sore loser, I just want a fair battle and whatever mistakes occur will just come.

strewth
6th August 2004, 08:10 PM
Sorry about that guys, I guess it's partly my fault too. I usually double check moves, but I didn't even bother to check that one because I thought Charmander could learn E-quake......Can Charizard? Maybe that's what I was thinking of......

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2004, 08:22 PM
Sorry about that guys, I guess it's partly my fault too. I usually double check moves, but I didn't even bother to check that one because I thought Charmander could learn E-quake......Can Charizard? Maybe that's what I was thinking of......

Yeah, for some reason, Charmander can't use it but its evolutions can

strewth
6th August 2004, 08:31 PM
Okay, I've changed the reffing. Everyone satisfied?

The Muffin Man
6th August 2004, 10:51 PM
No moves can be replaced in a re-reffing, unless the opponent agrees to it. Either you can let him use Rock Slide or not, Suzaku. Of course, we all know the possible outcomes so it's your choice

Oh that's really fair. "Your opponent can be totally ****ed over or you can be nice and give them some sort of chance"

great rule.

I guess its my choice. Oh well. No moves can be replaced in that round and a re-ref should be done. Its your mistake for not knowing a Charmander moveset TMM so you'll have to deal with it. I'm not a sore loser, I just want a fair battle and whatever mistakes occur will just come.

Bold - Bull**** #1
Italics - Bull**** #2

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2004, 11:08 PM
You know what? I think it's fair. Suzaku had a choice and did what he felt was right and I would've done the same. You're an ASB vet; your mistake equals his gain. It's happened to me and at least a lot of other people. Granted, it's a big blow and if I was in your shoes, I would be pissed as well but that's the way it's always been. Just another lesson learned in the great world of ASB: check a Pokedex or you're screwed

Suzaku
6th August 2004, 11:56 PM
*Looks at The Muffin Man's post*

Now who looks like a sore loser? At least I won't go as low as swearing when I'm upset with someone. Its just a battle for crying out loud! We still have one more pokemon to use to make up the battle you know. You won't die from just screwing up in one round. On to attacks...

Nuriko, use Earthquake for the whole round. If Charmander tries Counter after you've done earthquake in the first or second move, use Amnesia to make him forget Counter then continue earthquake if you still have an attack slot(s) left.

Earthquake = If Counter attempted: Amnesia

The Muffin Man
7th August 2004, 01:07 PM
*Looks at The Muffin Man's post*

Now who looks like a sore loser? At least I won't go as low as swearing when I'm upset with someone. Its just a battle for crying out loud! We still have one more pokemon to use to make up the battle you know. You won't die from just screwing up in one round. On to attacks...

Nuriko, use Earthquake for the whole round. If Charmander tries Counter after you've done earthquake in the first or second move, use Amnesia to make him forget Counter then continue earthquake if you still have an attack slot(s) left.

Earthquake = If Counter attempted: Amnesia

Wait for her to fire off Earthquake, THEN counter. she'll waste her second move on Amnesia, giving you plenty of time to move in. Ignore the loss of Counter. Just grab it and put it in a Submission hold and try and keep it from moving. Hopefully you'll be too close to attempt an Earthquake. Then, Seismic Toss it as hard as you can and as close to the nearest edge as you can.

strewth
7th August 2004, 02:06 PM
Oh that's really fair. "Your opponent can be totally ****ed over or you can be nice and give them some sort of chance"

This is exactly why I wrote down all the moves my team knows or will learn once they evolve.

Reffing up shortly.

strewth
7th August 2004, 02:56 PM
Suzaku vs TMM
Round 4

~Pre-Round~
Nuriko: 55%, badly poisoned (2% next round), front right leg hurt, fur singed, panting, a little disappointed
Blaze: 58%, panting, frustrated with trainer
Arena: Superficial cracks all over, Sandstorm gone

~Attacks~
Nuriko! - "Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake; Amnesia if Counter is used."
Blaze! - "Counter ~ Submission ~ Seismic Toss"

Round 4 - Begin!

Nuriko quickly fires off an Earthquake. Blaze begins to glow as the seismic waves travel towards him. Nuriko acts quickly.

Blaze stops glowing and looks confused. Counter? How do you do that again? Shaking off his confusion (with a little help from Nuriko's Earthquake), he grabs Nuriko and puts him in a Submission hold. Unable to move, Nuriko is completely helpless. The little camel struggles as Blaze picks him up and twirls him around several times before chunking him towards the edge of the suspended arena. Nuriko hits the floor hard and slides several feet, coming to a stop to close to the edge for comfort. Nuriko cautiously peers over, trembling as he sees the lava he almost fell into. Shaking, he realizes he can no longer move his right front leg without experiencing excruciating pain. It appears he landed on his hurt shoulder after the Seismic Toss.

Both pokemon are panting heavily, Blaze from fatigue, Nuriko from fear and pain. Nuriko winces as the Toxic sinks further into his system.

~Post-Round~
Blaze: 48%, fatigued
Nuriko: 46%, cannot move right front leg, fatigued, badly poisoned (4% next round), very scared

Edit: Found a minor error

The Muffin Man
7th August 2004, 06:01 PM
Wait, how did Nuriko get 2 attacks so quickly? Just wondering cuz it used Amnesia in awfully close succession to EQ.

strewth
9th August 2004, 01:47 PM
According to Suzaku's instructions, Nuriko was supposed to use Amnesia if Counter were to be used. Blaze used Counter like you ordered him to, so Nuriko used Amnesia, as per his orders. If you had ordered something like that, Blaze would have pulled it off just as quickly.

The Muffin Man
9th August 2004, 01:50 PM
...So that makes it legal to use TWO attacks while I get ONE? That's not really fair at all.

strewth
9th August 2004, 02:03 PM
What do you mean? Suzaku only got two attacks (thanks to Submission and Seismic Toss), while you got also got two (thanks to Amnesia). The Amnesia took the place of the second E-quake, it's not like I'm going to let Nuriko get four attacks in one round (I caught a mistake in the reffing, I'll correct it in a minute). I could lower the damage done to Blaze since Nuriko's concentration would have been on Amnesia, not on the E-quake. The way I understand Counter and Amnesia is that in order to Counter a move, it must first be used. I have seen people ref Amnesia precisely the way I did, were the pokemon forgets the move while performing it, not after. I guess it's up to you or TML, if you want to drag her into this. Besides, it's only a game. I thought this was supposed to be fun.......

Suzaku
14th August 2004, 07:59 PM
I thought the battle was supposed to be fun too. Despite all of this, I'm having fun battling. As long as I don't get worked up so much with all these disputes, its all cool.

I believe the DQ time left is 48 hours or so from now and it is The Muffin Man's turn to attack.

The Muffin Man
14th August 2004, 09:42 PM
I was waiting for TML to come in here but for some reason she changed her ruling(it was initially that the Numels attack should take longer to effect).

Alright. Run over there and give it another Submission. Don't let go. Choke the little bastard camel.

If it tries Earthquake, give it a HUGE mental strain by trying Counter. It's gonna take an awful lot of concentration to keep him forgetting Counter if you keep trying to remember how it goes...

Submission x3/Counter as needed.

Suzaku
14th August 2004, 10:36 PM
You're doing great Nuriko. Use Double Team. After that, Toxic Blaze in the eyes. Finally use a Magnitude.

Double Team = Toxic = Magnitude

Suzaku
31st August 2004, 07:59 PM
I think this battle needs a sub-ref now...