PDA

View Full Version : New Feature Ideas! (For fun...)

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
2nd December 2002, 07:28 PM
Sure, we all want to catch all 386 pokemon, but what are some other fun ideas?
Personally, I'd like to have it at the pokemon breeders, they'll *tell* you what you're gonna get. Ie, hey! You're breeding two Pikachu, you should get a Pichu. I mean, heck, if they're such dang breeding experts, why can't they tell what's gonna hatch?

How about a mini-competition like in the show? Not just like the bug-catching thing, but maybe fish catching or something. Sure, the bug thing's fun, but after you've gotten all you need there...Or an eating contest. Snorlax lovers, eat um, the town out?

TV for your hideout maybe? I'm not sure if there is one, but it'd be neat to keep in your room. Heh ehh Maybe even with different channels?

What a world...Sorry if I'm being silly, but hey, it's all in good fun.

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 07:33 PM
Hmm...... what about a school you could attend to learn about genetics, so we can create mutated freaks like Mewtwo. Uh..... maybe not............ so, how about......... umm.......... err.........

SCYTHER!

Just leave me alone,
Rocket Scyther

Splinter Cell
2nd December 2002, 07:51 PM
Not a bad idea!
I would like:
-Online Play/Trading
-Some Rival Cooperation (i.e. you can fight together)
-More than 8 leaders
-More new land
-Do this, get this pokemon, do that get theat pokemon
-American Exclisive?
-Faster Battle Mode
-3D Poke Battles?
-More 2 vs. 2 Battles (or an option to make all battles so)
-Less random catching frequency
-New Pokedex 2003:
"The Following Pokemon Are In This Area:
Tatsubei 60%
Tyranitar 15%
Charizard 50%"

Achamo
2nd December 2002, 08:10 PM
harder battle arenas -> like when Ash first goes to Indigo Plateau and fights the preliminary battles, you ahve to fight on a certain field and that basically determined what pokemon you should use... (ex: no good to use ground pokemon in the flying/floating arena!)

use of "real" gym battles where it is forced 3v3 or 4v4 etc... like how you can only pick certain pokemon and those are the only ones you can use for the whole match... (kinda cheap that you can use 6 pokemon compared to 3 w/ gym leaders)

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
2nd December 2002, 08:23 PM
Well, maybe like an arena of specific types, like a Dragon trainer's arena. And you use only that type. It's kind of unfair if you enter with a pokemon that has a type advantage.

347Studboy
2nd December 2002, 08:53 PM
Oooh, this is fun... ok, here goes:

1) For goodness sakes, make the trainers some kind of challenge! I like the forced three on three idea, like from the Stadium games. And the field thing is great too.
2) Okay, how about an actual Pokémon League? Not just five trainers, I mean like a whole tournament, one that takes more than ten minutes to beat.
3) Personally, I'd like to see some more two on two battles as well, and some wild ones too (i.e. Mantine and Remoraid type deal).
4) How about the option of letting your Pokémon out of their Pokéballs? Well, it doesn't serve an actual purpose , but still....
5) Yeah, more mini-game-contest things would be good, like Pokémon catching, and maybe some more Stadium-esque type mini games?

I am pleased though with some of the *actual* new features... call me a dork, but isn't it cool that if you catch, say, Heracross in a Safari Ball, when you go to let him out for battle, he comes out of a Safari Ball, complete with the Safari Ball's specific animations?

EDIT: Oh yeah, about the 3-D battle suggestion... the thing is, I was a bit dissapointed when the battles didn't exactly resemble Golden Sun, but it doesn't bother me that much... not with the promise of Stadium for the Gamecube, anyway....

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 09:37 PM
How about team-based attacks for 2-on-two battles? Would add a new dimension to it.

Thanks for listening,
Rocket Scyther

The Rusted One
2nd December 2002, 09:53 PM
Well, I think that in the following games, if there are any, and odds are there will be, a "dusk/dawn" feature would be nice. Like, different shades of different colours, and at sunset, things go pink/orange from the sun...also, a moon feature - like, on some nights, there is a full moon, so it's bright outside, but on others, on nights with a new moon, then it should be darker.
And of course, more pokemon are common at specific times - like, Rattata is more common at dawn and dusk...dark pokemon are more common on nights with a new moon, etc., etc.

347Studboy
2nd December 2002, 09:55 PM
You mean like "Koffing uses Poison Gas, Cyndaquil uses Flamethrower to ignite the gas"? Hmm, interesting concept....

Actually, you can already do that to a point. For instance, you can have a Pokémon use Bide, then have your other Pokémon attack it.

Or you could have out Groudon and a Grass-Type that knows Solarbeam, and since it's always "Sunny" out with Groudon in battle (its Characteristic, I presume), you will never have to charge Solarbeam... and even Synthesis' effect will be doubled, so you can take that into consideration too.

RocketScyther
2nd December 2002, 09:59 PM
347s got the idea! And pherhaps some Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Nidoking could perform double-team type attacks, etc.... etc.......

Thats all for now,
Rocket Scyther

IcyLapras
3rd December 2002, 01:42 AM
Grass pokemon come out of Seeds, not Eggs
For Mammal pokemon, you have to carry around the female, but she can't battle. When the whelp comes out, you send one of your other pokemon to the pokemon box.

Crystal Vulpix
3rd December 2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
Well, I think that in the following games, if there are any, and odds are there will be, a "dusk/dawn" feature would be nice. Like, different shades of different colours, and at sunset, things go pink/orange from the sun...also, a moon feature - like, on some nights, there is a full moon, so it's bright outside, but on others, on nights with a new moon, then it should be darker.
And of course, more pokemon are common at specific times - like, Rattata is more common at dawn and dusk...dark pokemon are more common on nights with a new moon, etc., etc.

I like your idea, Rusted One^^!

I have another ideas:
When is night, you can go to PokeCenter. You have there own room, when you can sleep.
Another people you can meet by day, another guys by night (more dangerous;))
You can choose one pokemon, who will be walk with you (like Pikachu on YELLOW)
You can meet wild Eevee ^^

The Rusted One
3rd December 2002, 04:54 AM
Thanks Lovely Mew! You're ideas aren't that bad either.

Icy Lapras: OMG, I had EXACTLY the same subject in a thread that I posted on Serebii...I had quite a few people posting, most of them liked the idea...I was met with a few people who took it far to personally...one of my ideas was that the female is pregnant, and the number of steps you take is how long the pregnancy lasts; like the hatching of eggs. But you have to have an empty space for the baby (for mammals)...and grass pokemon came from seeds, etc. Thing is, one person resopnded with, "how stupid you all are! Pokemon aren't mammals or reptiles!" etc. This person refused to actually use this thing the rest of use call logic. Sam response when I said that eggs should start at Level 1, and the number of steps before it hatches determines the level of the baby that hatches. I was told how stupid I was for that too - "so, what happens if the pokemon hatches out AFTER its evolutionary level?!?" I had to explain that different pokemon would have different amounts of steps before they hatched - and the number of steps determined what level the hatching took place at, like for Caterpie, which evolves at Level 7 - it would hatch at Level 3 or 4 after a certain amount of steps, so there would still be time for it to be a Caterpie. This would also explain why you could catch wild pokemon below Level 5, the G/S/C hatching level.
So yeah, in short, I like your ideas...

Azura Stardust
3rd December 2002, 04:55 AM
Hm, I think that they should improve on the part where a pokemon faints. It's exactly the same as from RBY! Where is the advanceness?! They should have an animation where the pokemon goes X_X or something like that... (Pachiiru would then almost always bel ooking fainted. XD)

But did you notice that the sound the pokemon makes when it's fainted is a lower pitch than the normal sound it makes? Cool ^_^

Achamo
3rd December 2002, 07:51 AM
hrm... with the idea of an expanded league, I would also like to have it so that you can travel with other people like it is in the anime. They kind of did this in Crystal with Eusine, but he really didn't stay with you. I would want to actually have a buddy taht you can train with and talk to. Plus, there can be side action about stuff he/she does.

RocketScyther
3rd December 2002, 07:56 AM
Ya know, for once, I'd love to play the part of a rookie Rocket(or Magna/Aqua if thats your thing) working his/her way up the organization through his quest to become a Pokemon master..........

ostrigal
3rd December 2002, 09:27 AM
Cool subject.

My ideas surround the breeding of, and evolution of pokemon. Perhaps make it a little bit ‘harder’. Like only the fully mature form of a pokemon can breed… i.e., only Raichus can make Pichus. (Difficult I know, because of the limited availability of evolution stones…) But something along those lines.

Also, Breeding for Max stats. Instead of the ‘hit-and-miss’ means of breeding for max stats, make it something obtainable, but difficult (time consuming) to do. Like, by the time you get to the 20th generation of breeding Snorlaxs, you’ll top out the stats. We can probably already do this, but I don’t have a degree in Mathematics, so I remain clueless.

Or something really cool… breeding two different pokemon, and getting a third, new pokemon not available in the wild. Not like Breeding pikachus and raichus to get a pichu, but rather say, a dark/flying type (Murkrow), and a normal/flying type (Pidgeot) and getting the only ‘pure’ flying type in the game. (Pidgerow?) Something like that… breeding to get a totally new pokemon that isn't a pre-evolution of one of it’s parents.

As an aside, I think that it’s interesting that none of the ‘original’ 251 pokemon were expanded upon. I mean, lots of pokemon got pre-evolutions and further evolutions from R/B/Y to G/S/C. Some of them even changed types. But it seems that’s not the case from G/S/C to R/S… all the new ones are, well, new.

Edit: * scans new pokedex to confirm… * Save Azurill and Wynaut.

Jamesology101
3rd December 2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 347Studboy
I am pleased though with some of the *actual* new features... call me a dork, but isn't it cool that if you catch, say, Heracross in a Safari Ball, when you go to let him out for battle, he comes out of a Safari Ball, complete with the Safari Ball's specific animations?

I knew I wasn't the only dork who liked that feature! Isn't it great? That was something which actually bugged me about previous games. How freaky am I?

Anyway, I also wish we could let our Pokemon out of their Pokeballs -it could serve a useful purpose! You could play games and stuff with them in your secret base to gradually increase their happiness, much like those weird little Tamagotchi pets! It would be a great, cheap way to increase happiness without spending money on steroids or gaining battle EXP (you'd start training your Pokemon once it was happy enough).

One thing I also think would be cool would be different Pokemon colours. Not like shiny Pokemon - I mean each Pokemon comes in, say, two or three slightly differing wild colour variations. Or, they could even change the markings slightly. Some combinations could be more common than others, so that, like with anything that was collected, you could seek out the rarer forms (such as, say, a pink-winged Pidgey).

Somebody mentioned this, but I'd like to expand on it. The Pokedex should be USEFUL. It should be like the stadium library (though of course not so flash) - containing evolution level info, moves learned, TM and breeding compatibility for every Pokemon once you catch it.

People have posted this before, but it would be cool to have some ongoing gym/league challenge. Either you go back and fight the gym leaders again as they gain experience (like the phone friends in GSC), or else you could eventually become a gym leader/league member and take on challengers. Something else to do after you finish the game besides just the fun of training.

You should also be able to make your own customised trainer appearance from a few basic outfit, eye colour and hair colour/styles for each gender at the beginning of the game.

ostrigal
3rd December 2002, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah!

Sure a gym leader would be cool, but what about league champion? I mean, that’s what we become once we’ve defeated the elite 4, why don’t we get to defend the title?

The E4 is great for leveling up pokemon, but it would be soooo cool to take on challengers… as the game wears on, the challengers get tougher and tougher. Instead of Lance (or whoever it is in these games…) that greets you with the same line every time, you take his place as league champ.

Then you can customize that place as your own.

347Studboy
3rd December 2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah... and with a partner, there's an opportunity for some very interesting two on two battles.

As for the whole "Grass Pokémon coming out of seeds" idea... yes, there should be a difference between some kinds of Pokémon being hatched... but technically, Pokémon are regarded as their own seperate species, not mammals, etc. Not trying to bash, just being a pain in the @$$.:D

EDIT: In case this post seemed a little out of place... I was posting in response to something from a previous page.

The Rusted One
3rd December 2002, 08:21 PM
Here's one that I have been thinking about for years - what about sexual dimorphism? I don't mean the two species type of set up for the Nidorans; but rather, say, a female Pidgeot has a smaller crest than the male, etc. Of course, it would probably call for a separate image for each gender, but if they can make the images move, then two images isn't going to be too hard for them.
I also like that intraspecific variation idea of your, CRJ - it would heighten the realism of the game.