PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge! Yea um...

Drade130
2nd February 2003, 04:16 PM
Ok people this is a two vs. two battle.

2 vs. 2
I choose first, You attack first
DQ: 3 days
Ref: somewhat active

I choose Rylonin, my male Kabutops and Lucifer, my male Abra.

Oh and i would prefer no type disadvantages.

Cyrus
2nd February 2003, 04:23 PM
I will ref if you don't object

Drade130
2nd February 2003, 04:40 PM
cool, already got a ref

Drade130
4th February 2003, 05:12 PM
Anyone wanna be my opponent?

Syberia
4th February 2003, 07:40 PM
A 2 on 2... Well, since all but one of my other battles are dead, (or beyond that :p) I accept. I think it's time to try something I've been meaning to. Éowyn, Styx... Come forth! I have a feeling they shall work together quite well...

Styx: Yaay! A battle! *bounces*

-_- Scratch that idea

Since no arena was specified, why don't we just go with the standard Indigo Stadium. Éowyn, I want you to begin by showing Rylonin your true cold heart; smite him with your fiercest Blizzard! Styx, I want you to take off; soar into the sky upon your wings with your Agility! Try to dodge anything thrown your way if you can, but that is not a major concern for now. Sorry DRWS, but no matter what you say, Scizor can indeed fly in the Animé.

Now's the time when we hurt them, Éowyn. For as long as it takes, hold Lucifer in his place with your Psychic grasp. You do not have to hurt him, or move him at all for that matter. In fact, simply keeping him still is all that I ask of you. Styx can handle it from here. If you find that you have time, however, by all means treat Rylonin to one of your Thunderbolts.

Styx, now for your part of the plan. I want you to use the tried-and-true technique you should be adept at performing; Silverhawke. For those of you that do not know what Silverhawke is, it is simply the combination of the moves Quick Attack and Steel Wing, preferrably executed from a high altitude to provide Styx with increased momentum and inertia. As you come down upon him at incredible speeds, Styx, I want you to impale Lucifer on the sharp tips of one of your now metallic wings.

Éowyn: Blizzard (Rylonin)~Psychic (Lucifer)~Psychic (Lucifer)/Thunderbolt (Rylonin)

Styx: Agility~Silverhawke

Oh, and before I forget, I should probably tell you just what exactly Éowyn and Styx are. Styx is my male Scizor and veteran of many battles; Éowyn is my female Chansey never to have seen the light of battle before now.

Drade130
5th February 2003, 04:09 PM
ok boys this guy has the experiene but we can give him a run for his money.

ok Lucifer! use a counter on the blizzard, send it right back! Next grab hold and seismic toss her! finally use a metronome.

Lucifer- I dont think that a good idea

Hmm oh well.

Rylonin-That Scizor scares me. He's ugly too.

trash talk! he said it, not me! Anyways use a double team! hopefully tat will stop that silverhawke. then when he comes in, miss or not, use harden! finally, use a razor wind!

Lucifer (all to Chansey)- Counter~Seimic Toss~Metronome

Rylonin(To Styx)- DT~Harden~Razor Wind

Cyrus
5th February 2003, 07:52 PM
Prebattle:
Rylonin (Male Kabutops) & Lucifer (Male Abra
vs.
Styx (Male Scizor) & Éowyn (Female Chansey)

T89:
Rylonin: 100%(HP)/100%(energy)
Lucifer: 100%(HP)/100%(energy)

Syb:
Styx: 100%(HP)/100%(energy)
Éowyn: 100%(HP)/100%(Energy)

Commands:
T89:
Rylonin: Double Team ~ Harden ~ Razor Wind (Styx)
Lucifer: Counter ~ Seismic Toss(Éowyn) ~ Metrnome

Syb:
Styx: Agilty ~ Silver Hawk (Lucifer) (Quick attack/steel wing)
Éowyn: Blizzard(Rylonin) ~Psychic (Lucifer) ~ Psychic (Lucifer)/Thunderbolt (Rylonin)

Battle:
Both trainers select their champions; the both line up, one standing across from each other, Styx standing across from Rylonin and Éowyn standing across from Lucifer. And simultaneously everyone jumps into action, Rylonin splits in four as Styx takes to wing and fly into the sky. Éowyn summons forth the raw power of the Arctic at Rylonin, as the only visible marker of the temporary storm moves toward the semi circle of Rylonin, Lucifer leaps in the way and attempts to counter it, but only manages to earn a sudden cold and a frozen nose. Rylonin, amazed at the bravery, or stupidity, of Lucifer hardens his already dense form, shifting form the hardness of granite, to the hardness of diamond. Éowyn, angry that her intended target avoided the frigid storm, holds the heroic abra in place, as the metallic Styx drives his new and shinier metallic wings into Abra's torso. With the increased momentum, Abra is suffering major blood lose from the two large holes in his chest. Rylonin, seeing his little buddy impaled by Styx launches a wave of air at the metallic bug, knocking him back a step. Abra, barely holding on to conciseness, does a little dance, and releases one of the most feared attacks in pokemon history; a large ball of energy forms in front of him and is released at the bug that has so grievously wounded him. The blast knocks Styx off his feet and throws him back into the left wall.

Rylonin: 100%(HP)/90%(energy) | 4 clones | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 60%(damage caps)(HP)/80%(energy) | Amazed at the power of a little dance

Syb:
Styx: 60% (Damage caps)(HP)/80%(energy)
Éowyn: 100%(HP)/90%(Energy)

Randomizers hate me... and I hate them... Problems or comments please say them, I am new at this and you are not...

Syberia
5th February 2003, 10:21 PM
Ouch. Well, I guess that can happen with an attack as unpredictable as Metronome. Styx, hopefully we can gain the advantage back once T89 posts his attacks. Got that?

Styx: @_@ I'm in no condition to listen to anything you have to say right now.

Cyrus
6th February 2003, 08:14 AM
You wouldn't believe me if I told how Aerblast happened...

Drade130
6th February 2003, 04:22 PM
I love u Abra, and i love that randomizer. er.

Rylonin, listen up! We have a chance to get this Scizor! First, use a substitute. fairly sturdy. Then blast an ice beam at Styx. Finally use hyper beam! If your sub is broken at any time, use a bide.

Lucifer, we have to think smartly here, at attention my friend! First, create a small substitute, then use a Telepunch! Thats a combo of teleport and dynamic punch! first teleport in behind her and next smack her in the head!

Rylonin- Substitute(Fairly Sturdy)~Ice Beam~Hyper Beam

subs- if sub is broken, use bide

Lucifer-Small Substitute~Telepunch

Syberia
8th February 2003, 02:33 PM
Éowyn, same as before. Unleash your stinging arctic fury upon Rylonin. Try and aim as wide as you can; do not let any clones of his survive the blast. It doesnt have to be all that powerful; the clones are your first priority. Styx, while Éowyn is working on his buddy, I want you to concentrate on Lucifer. Bear down upon him with your Steel Wing!

Éowyn, make it as hard as possible for Lucifer to get to you. Use a Double Team of your own. Styx, I want you to rely on your ninja-like instincts here. Wait for Lucifer to disappear, then track him down with your Pursuit! Follow him; leave nothing to chance.

Finally, Éowyn, show Rylonin the full power of the sun. Solarbeam! Styx, I just want you to get away from that Hyper Beam however you can with your Agility.

Éowyn: Blizzard (Rylonin)~Double Team~Solarbeam (Rylonin)
Styx: Steel Wing (Lucifer)~Pursuit (Lucifer)~Agility

Cyrus
8th February 2003, 03:04 PM
based on accusations of my cheating, I feel I should alteast offer to withdrawl as the ref and allow you to find another one, if either or both of you feel I am being unfair, biased, or blatantly cheating. I will continue to ref if you wish me to, but I feel I should atleast offer.

Syberia
9th February 2003, 02:21 PM
Personally I don't think you're cheating at all, (Aeroblast happens, as much as I hate to admit it) and I don't see anything wrong with your reffings. PojoPooka is just accusing you of cheating because he is losing, most likely, and he has been known to do things like that :p. I have nothing against you continuing reffing this battle, I guess it's up to T89.

Cyrus
9th February 2003, 02:37 PM
Actually, I was accused of cheating help Pojopooka. He won a 1 battle without damage caps and had requested me to ref a number of his battles without damage caps.

It may be a moot point T89 has said he will be gone for an undetermined amout of time, you can DQ him if you wish, or suspend the battle until he returns.

Drade130
9th February 2003, 02:38 PM
im hoping that u will still ref. I unfortuantely am possibly leavig asb for awhile, but please keep reffing, ill battle as long as possible.

[edit] Oh yea, is Blizzard uncounterable?

Cyrus
10th February 2003, 10:18 PM
Sorry for the delay, hadn't seen that T89 had posted
Prebattle:
T89:
Rylonin: 100%(HP)/90%(energy) | 4 clones | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 60%(damage caps)(HP)/80%(energy) | Amazed at the power of a little dance

Syb:
Styx: 60% (Damage caps)(HP)/80%(energy)
Éowyn: 100%(HP)/90%(Energy)

Commands:
T89:
Rylonin: Substitue (Sturdy) ~ Icebeam (Styx) ~ Hyperbeam (Styx)
Lucifer: Small Substitue ~ Teleport + Dynamic Punch (Éowyn)

Syb:
Styx: Steel Wing (Lucifer)~Pursuit (Lucifer)~Agility
Éowyn: Blizzard (Rylonin)~Double Team~Solarbeam (Rylonin)

Battle:
Both Rylonin and Lucifer create body doubles to absorb the brunt of the coming assult. Again Éowyn releases her frigid wrath, chilling Rylonin to his core, to the point of freezing his mind, the only possible explanation of the dull look in his eyes, the clones disappear, shattered by the frigid blast. Again, Styx drives his really metalic wings into Lucifer, and to his glee, Lucifer shatters into a million pieces. But wait, that isn't supposed to happen, a trick. As Styx tracks the teleporting Abra, he is blasted by a freezing beam in the back. Styx, the dark energy is shattered by the cold blast, but he still slams his claw into Lucifer's back. As Éowyn splits in 3, Lucifer selects a target, and swings wildly, but misses his intended target hitting one of the other images, but to his great luck, he hits the real one. Styx, fearing the large glowing orb that Rylonin is forming takes to the air, flying in random arcs, loops. As the orb is released, Styx continues his eratic manuevers, losing track of the orb Styx slams into it, the orb striking him in the back. Blasting him into the sky. As Rylonin stares on in amazement that he hit the high flying bug, he is blasted by a beam of solar energy, so strong is the beam that he shatters. Éowyn curses, another trick.

Rylonin: 85%(HP)/80%(energy) | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 45%(damage caps)(HP)/65%(energy)

Syb:
Styx: 35%(HP)/50%(energy)
Éowyn: 70%(HP)/80%(Energy) | 2 clones

Why do randomizers hate me... I never did anything to them...

Syberia
10th February 2003, 10:44 PM
So let me get this straight... Lucifer only needed 5% health to create a Substitute, have it destroyed, and take a hit from Pursuit? o_O

Cyrus
10th February 2003, 10:52 PM
Sorry, typo with damage. I have corrected it.

Syberia
13th February 2003, 08:54 PM
Maybe, just maybe, I should post my attacks...

Styx: *snore* Wha? Attacks? Just five more minutes...*snore*

Wake up, Styx, we've got a battle to win. *looks at Éowyn* At least someone will listen to me...

Éowyn: Huh? What'd you say?

*sigh* I said that the moon was made of cheese... but that isn't the point. Éowyn, call to the skies above! It is time; receive from them your Heavenly Blessing! Styx, wait until her celestial armor materializes around her, and make use of the weapon she cannot. Take her sword from where it lay at her side.

Now you shall strike down Lucifer... Run him through! Agility, and when you get close enough, Slash him with your new-found blade. The inertia behind you should be enough. But if you find yourself not sure which Lucifer is indeed the real one, by all means, Swords Dance! Spin around with your blade outstretched; if your weapon itself does not cut through all of them, surely the disturbance in the air around you shall. And finally, if he is suddenly not there, Pursue him! There shall be no escape! Éowyn, take the time to give Rylonin the best Thunderbolts you can.

Éowyn: Heavenly Blessing~Thunderbolt x2 (Rylonin)
Styx: Take Éowyn's sword in hand~Agility + Slash (Lucifer)/Swords Dance/Pursuit

Last but not least, you are probably wondering just what exactly a Heavenly Blessing is.

Chansey (Female)
Nickname: Éowyn
Signature move: Heavenly Blessing
Being a Warrior of Light, Éowyn is blessed with many talents, one of which is the ability to call powers to her aid that not even she is fully able to comprehend, yet is grateful for their protection...

Éowyn closes her eyes briefly as the entire is flooded with a bright flash, then all is as it were before. Except Éowyn herself, who is now covered from head to foot in the armor worn by the ancients of her kind. Upon her feet; thick-soled leather boots. Upon her chest; a solid breastplate of tempered steel. Upon her arms; a shiny coat of chain-mail, light yet surprisingly durable. And lastly, upon her head a helm of bronze, encrusted with bright jewels and bearing the crest of the crescent moon upon the forehead. At her side a short sword dangles from her belt, its handle of pure silver and its blade sharp. The recipient of a divine gift, Éowyn now glows brightly with an aura of pure white light, dazzling to all who look upon it. For this reason, attacks on Éowyn suffer a reduction in accuracy due to her own radiance.

The armor itself is capable of reducing damage dealt to Éowyn by 10% each round it is in effect (Subtract 10% damage, not multiply by x0.9). Due to their evil nature, Dark-type attacks are blocked completely by this heavenly spell, and any Dark- or Ghost-type pokemon that makes direct contact with her radiance willingly will receive 5% damage. Because of the added weight on Éowyn’s body, her ability to perform physical attacks requiring contact with the opponent is greatly impaired. After being in effect for three full rounds, this armor will vanish into nothing more than the air around Éowyn, taking all of its effects with it, and not to be summoned again for the rest of the battle.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 85% / Damage: 5% to Ghost- or Dark-type pokemon that come into contact with Éowyn of their own will / Effects: Reduces damage dealt to Éowyn each round by 10%. Reduces accuracy of most of opponent’s attacks. Éowyn cannot attack her opponent physically as long as this armor is in effect.

Drade130
16th February 2003, 03:17 PM
listen guys, at all costs, ignore the chansey! Lucifer teleport in behind styx and seismic toss him. Meanwhile, Rylonin, i want u to use hydro pump when he hits the ground. Next Rylonin, use a protect against the thunderbolt. Lucifer use psychic to float down next to end up. Rylonin use finish off with a mega kick at Styx.

Lucifer-Teleport~Seismic Toss~Psychic himself to float down

Rylonin-Hydro Pump~Protect~Mega Kick

btw, i may be gone for a bit, but please keep this in check, cause we need to finish this.

Cyrus
16th February 2003, 05:28 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:
T89:
Rylonin: 85%(HP)/80%(energy) | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 45%(damage caps)(HP)/65%(energy)

Syb:
Styx: 35%(HP)/50%(energy)

Commands:
T89:
Rylonin: Hydro Pump (Styx) ~ Protect ~ Megakick (Styx)
Lucifer: Telport (behind Styx) ~ Seismic Toss (Styx) ~ Psychic to Float down

Syb:
Éowyn: Heavenly Blessing ~ Thunderbolt (Rylonin) ~ Thunderbolt (Rylonin)
Styx: Take Éowyn's sword in hand~Agility + Slash (Lucifer)/Swords Dance/Pursuit

Battle:
Éowyn turns her head to the sky and begins to pray for divine aid, he ally has been beaten and battered. Styx, following orders waits to claim the a part of the divine gift, a short sword impowered by the gods. As the arena flashs white, the abra teleports directly behind Styx. As everyone's vision returns, Styx is knocked ino Éowyn by the force of the jets of water Rylonin has blasted him with. Styx quickly recovers, draws Éowyn's sword, to only be pitched by Lucifer into the western wall. Éowyn, is having extreme diffeculty getting up due to a combination of her physical weakness and the weight of the armor. In her position on the ground, she can't aim properly at Rylonin, her bolt of electricty misses by more than ten feet to the left. Styx quickly recovers from the empact and leaps toward Lucifer at an amazing speed, and attempts to bring the divinely created sword down on Lucifier, but a Scizor's pincers don't lend themselves to the manipulation of weapons, combined with the increased velocity, the blade slips out of Styx's grip and flys into the ground behind the fallen Éowyn. Styx, follows through with the blow however with his other pincer and strikes Lucifer on the back of the head as he flys past. Éowyn continues to struggle, spining slightly due to the movements of her arms, to return to her feet, but with her weak arms is still unable to stand up. She takes aim at Rylonin, she has rotated on the surface of the floor and releases the electric blast, but it encounters a blue glowing barrier that prevents it from hitting. As Styx lands near Éowyn to help the fair damsel in distress return to her feet, he is kicked squarly in the back by Rylonin. Styx is unable to stand back up himself, the blow was enough to knock him into unconsciousness.

Post battle:
T89:
Rylonin: 85%(HP)/60%(energy) | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 33%(HP)/50%(energy)

Syb:
Styx: 0%(HP)/50%(energy)

Styx is unable to battle.

Syberia
16th February 2003, 09:44 PM
You have fought well, Styx, and I promise you you shall be avenged. Éowyn, let's see what we can do now that we have the initiative. T89, Éowyn and I await your next move...

Drade130
17th February 2003, 09:42 AM
Ok, now we got a battle in our favor, we have a chance.

Lucifer, First thing i need u to do is rest immeditaly. Then sleep talk the whole way through.

Rylonin, to ensure he can sleep, use a protect if chansey tries to attack him. If not use a mega drain. then use substitute, make it somewhat small. Finally use blizzard.

Lucifer-Rest~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk

Rylonin-Protect/Mega Drain~Substitute~Blizzard

Syberia
17th February 2003, 08:52 PM
Silly Rylonin, hopelessly trying to Protect Lucifer from harm. A valiant effort, but all for naught... as it is stated, "Protect: The user shields itself in a translucent sphere of energy," and, most unfortulately, Rylonin is not Lucifer. So, while all Rylonin can do is Protect himself, why don't we even up the odds a bit, Éowyn?

First off, noone sleeps! Growl as loudly and as fiercely as you can; keep him awake at all costs! Under no circumstances should Lucifer be allowed to drift from reality into the sort of healing trance his trainer wishes.

Now, while Lucifer is struggling to Sleep Talk, and then remembering how he must be asleep to accomplish this, blast him with Shadow Balls until he falls. You have your armor and your clones to protect you.

Growl~Shadow Ball x2 (Lucifer)

Cyrus
17th February 2003, 10:26 PM
Round 4:

Prebattle:
T89
Rylonin: 85%(HP)/60%(energy) | Diamond like skin
Lucifer: 33%(HP)/50%(energy)

Syb:
Styx: 0%(HP)/50%(energy)

Commands:
T89:
Rylonin: Protect/Mega Drain ~ Substitue (Small) ~ Blizzard
Lucifer: Rest ~ Sleep Talk (I hate you) ~ Sleep Talk (I really hate you)

Syb:
Éowyn: Growl ~ Shadowball(Lucifer) ~ Shadowball(Lucifer)

Battle:
Éowyn, still mourning the fall of her ally, attempts to prevent Lucifier from entering a healing trance by causing him to coware in fear. The resounce of the growl reverbrates through out the arena. The growl does make Lucifer step back a few paces, but does not prevent the focused abra from entering into the trance. Éowyn curses her luck as Rylonin charges the real Éowyn and bites her exposed neck and sucks a small amount of her life force. Éowyn, angered that her opponent feels this is a good time for a quick nap creates and releases a ball of negetive energy, smashing into the resting abra. Lucifer is knocked back slightly but his trance is not broken. Rylonin, preparing for an attack that may be a long time coming focuses a small amount of his life forcing into creating a body double. Lucifer apparently mumbles in his sleep, in this case, he mumbles about doing a little dance. Then he dances and lays back down, and mumbles something about mumbling. Still the small psychic pokemon mumbles then stands up and does another little dance and mumbles again. Finally Lucifer mumbles something about a sword in the back. And Styx's blade rises, glowing with an aura of red energy and plunges into the real Éowyn's back, she stumbles to the ground, and coughs up a little blood. Éowyn, from her knees, releases another shadow ball to harass the sleeping opponent. Rylonin, fearing that his ally will soon fall summons the power of the arctic north itself, and launchs a barrage of ice shards at the kneeling line of Éowyns. While she manages to not fall over again the two clones shatter, Éowyn can only await for the new horror the sleeping pokemon will dream of this time. To Éowyn's horror, he mumbles something about her, and suddenly the remaining part of her rational mind realizes what he has just down, but that part of her mind quickly looses out to the part of her mind that now is madly in love with the cute little sleeping psi talent.

Post battle:
Rylonin: 80%(HP)/60%(energy) | Diamond like skin | 5% Sub
Lucifer: 38%(HP)/35%(energy)

Syb:
Éowyn: 45%(HP)/60%(Energy)| Short Sword stuck in back, limiting movement | On knees | In love with Lucifer

I will simply reafirm my statement that randomizers hate me... My apologizes Syb...

Syberia
18th February 2003, 07:37 PM
Éowyn, you've gotten yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place, with a little bit of fire added in the middle if I may say so :p. But, I think we have a way out... begin with a Psychic against Rylonin, pick "him" up and smash "him" to pieces on the floor. Since you still have your armor to protect you, I want you to Softboiled, take a bite of the egg you always carry around with you for that very purpose. Finally, although all's fair in love and war, one can often complicate the other. Focus on Rylonin's mind; Psych Up exactly what he is feeling. He is not in love with Lucifer, why should you be?

Psychic (Rylonin)~Softboiled~Psych Up (Rylonin)

Cyrus
23rd February 2003, 10:06 AM
T89 has posted that he is going to be off and on for awhile, it up to Syb whether or not he is DQed

Syberia
2nd March 2003, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry to do this, T89, but it has been 12 days since my attack post, many people say you've left for good, and this is really doing nothing more than taking up space. I'm going to have to DQ you, but I will not take any prizes for this.

Cyrus
2nd March 2003, 02:51 PM
I declare Syb the winner by DQ