PDA

View Full Version : the official rules take effect from 1/8/04

jesschow12
30th July 2004, 06:25 PM
look at this!!

Rules update: 7/30/2004

We?re announcing a set of rules that will be in place for the World Championships in August. These announcements are in effect as of 8/1/2004.

Please note that these changes will not be added to the floor rules until the published revisions in September. However, these rules will be active and enforced for the World Championships.

1. Mulligan Rule:

Note that the changes here are only in steps 3 and 4. If you have questions regarding this ruling, please contact us at rulings@pokemon-tcg.com

1. Whoever wins the coin toss chooses which player goes first.
2. Both players draw an opening hand of 7 cards.
3. The player going first checks to see if he or she has a Basic Pokémon card in their hand. If the first player doesn't have any, the other player checks to see if that player has any Basic Pokémon in their hand. If both players do not have a Basic Pokémon in their hands, both players reshuffle their decks and draw 7 cards. Continue this until at least one of the players has at least one Basic Pokémon in their hand.
4. If a player still needs to take a mulligan, while the other person has resolved their mulligan already, the player requiring Basic Pokémon still will continue to reshuffle their deck, drawing a new hand, and their opponent may choose to draw a card.

2. Supporter Card Rule:

These rulings can also be found in the Rules and Resources portion of our website.

* On the first turn of the game, the starting player may not play any Supporter cards from their hand. This rule was introduced in Japan earlier this year, and will provide greater balance to how the game is played.

3. Other Rulings and Errata:

Evolution effects may take place on the first turn of the game, unless specifically stated on the card. This will affect Trainer cards, Poke-Powers, and effects of attacks.

In the past, it was ruled that such an effect would have to state ?This may be used on the first turn of the game.? The correct usage is the card would have to specifically state ?This may not be used on the first turn of the game.?

The Ancient Technical Machines from EX Hidden Legends are removed, if the Pokémon they are attached to evolves into a Pokémon-ex or de-evolves into a Basic Pokémon. The restriction for attaching the TMs still remain a condition for the TM to stay attached.

Magma Energy and Aqua Energy do not provide Fire (or Water) or even Darkness Energy while in a player?s hand. This is a clarification of ?Doesn?t count as a basic Energy card while not in play?? Thus cards such as Swampert?s Water Call will have no effect on Aqua Energy.

EX Hidden Legends Feebas is receiving errata, for its Ascension attack. It should read, ?Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from Feebas and put it on Feebas. (This counts as evolving Feebas.) Shuffle your deck afterward.?

source from pokemon-tcg.com

Roarkiller
31st July 2004, 01:35 AM
Evolution EFFECTS can take place on 1st turn. That of course means u still cant evolve normally on 1st turn.

No supporters on 1st turn is good i guess, but a killer for those who needed it for a bad starting hand. And rare candy is a non-supporter too.

Bout the mulligan rule, i dunno bout u guys but thats the way me and friends have been playing since we started, so meh. The older one was kinda confusing, and kinda unfair since the other player, tho may not have a basic, could get one if the 1st player kept getting mulligan.

Btw, feebas has an errata?

mr_pikachu
1st August 2004, 12:20 PM
That's odd about Feebas' Ascension. I've got a Vulpix with the same attack, and it doesn't have to flip a coin. Does it only apply to Feebas, or is my Vulpix an incorrectly printed card, as well?

(The Vulpix was from Hidden Legends, in case you were wondering.)

Water Pokemon Master
4th August 2004, 01:22 AM
Vulpix from HL was also changed to match Feebas. I don't know why they didn't put that up.