PDA

View Full Version : Kings Rock?

Ferilian
1st August 2004, 03:40 PM
Yes I'm back!!! I don't think anyone would know, seeing that no one rated my team in the RMT section :(. Anyways, according to an unreliable source, Kings Rock does not increase the flinch rates of moves with "special effects." And already having a flinch rate counts as an effect. Is this true? I don't see how it could be, when Kings Rock Bite is commonly used. Proof/credible source would be appreciated. And would someone pleez rate my team? ;)

andyizcool
1st August 2004, 03:50 PM
I do know if a Move like Bite already has a Flinch Rate the King's Rock won't improve its Flinch Rate. I'm not sure about other Moves that claim to have special effects so I guess more people need to look into that.

Ferilian
1st August 2004, 03:52 PM
So why have I seen so many people suggesting Bite with Kings Rock? Is it just so the other moves may cause flinching? Or did they just no know too?

andyizcool
1st August 2004, 04:00 PM
So why have I seen so many people suggesting Bite with Kings Rock? Is it just so the other moves may cause flinching? Or did they just no know too?
Maybe because they wanted to give all the attacks a chance of flinching the opponent because Bite isn't that good. Or maybe they just weren't good at rating a Team and threw King's Rock on a Pokemon because they couldn't think of anything else. Leftovers is the most common item used on Pokemon because of its great recovery. After that would be the Pinch Berries because when your HP is 25% or lower they activate and raise one of your selected Stats 1 Grade.

Gagome
3rd August 2004, 05:05 AM
I do know if a Move like Bite already has a Flinch Rate the King's Rock won't improve its Flinch Rate. I'm not sure about other Moves that claim to have special effects so I guess more people need to look into that.
Wow, I didn't know that. How have you found out? Did you hack into the game program code?
I always believed that King's Rock increases the Flinch Rate for all attacking moves even for Bite which already has a Flinch Rate.
So, I thought giving King's Rock to a Pokemon who already knew Bite would increase the Flinch Rate even more and was a good choice. I may have to reconsider this for a few Pokemon I trained.

Bob54321
3rd August 2004, 07:33 AM
Kings rock doesn't increase the flinch rate of moves that already can cause a flinch. It also doesn't work is move have a side effect - eg burn, par, lower defence ....