PDA

View Full Version : ::<Poll>:: I FOUND one of those hotels!! Go East Coast!

Bulbasaur4
2nd August 2004, 08:19 PM
Well, some of you might know that I'm on vacation or the second part of my vacation right now. I'm going and visiting colleges on the East Coast, and I just finished visiting Welselley College (SP?) Now I am at at the hotel, and I was very pleased to find they had a computer for Guests to use! It's very fast too. (Zak knows how excited I was. Even if I only get 10 minutes from a parental restriction due to Mr. Father)

This was great for me, but all the colleges I've stayed at in MN and WI and even NY at times never had one. *growls* So, how about a poll?

How many hotels that you've stayed at, had a guest computer and where was this hotel? (if you can remember)

^^

abunaidesu
2nd August 2004, 10:20 PM
uh ive never stayed at a hotel before. usually because i only go places where i have relatives and we just stay at their houses

Green Lanturn
2nd August 2004, 10:33 PM
Yes, I have stayed at a hotel with a computer. Most of my vacations are with myself, mom, and uncle's family.

Now, my uncle( a police officer) works a side security job for holiday inn, so everytime, we get Holiday Inn Express Rooms for a lot cheaper than normal. The last one we stayed at was in Miami, Florida. In the lobby area, there was a side room especially for games. Inside was 2 computers available with access and everything, and we could stay as long as we wished without paying or problematic workers.

~Green :171:

Crystal Mew
2nd August 2004, 11:00 PM
No, the last hotel I went to was last april, and we didn't have time to go on the computer...and the last family vacation I went on, was in 2001, and again, never had time go see if they actually had one....let alone if they did to go online. IMO, family vacations are like a break to get away from things..including the computer ^_^;

cd
3rd August 2004, 02:58 AM
ive stayed at a few hotels, maybe 3 or 4. they didn't have guest computers that i remember.

Zak
3rd August 2004, 03:07 AM
Oh gosh... a zillion. Few which had computers though.

Back when I lived outside of the US, my dad had a bunch of buisness trips over here and we stayed at a bunch of fancy hardcore hotels. Now that we live here, unfortunately, I haven't been to one that good in a while, since his office is in driving distance. Now its just tourism in ****ty MOTELS. God... I HATE motels. Probably because I'm nostalgic for hotels, and they just seem like wannabes.

However... I always make my dad bring his laptop on family trips, so we usually manage to connect with a 56K from the room. Don't ask why we bother... I'm officially addicted I guess.

~Zak

nick
3rd August 2004, 03:22 AM
um i had to live at a ****ing hotel for a month. it was awful. the manager hated me because i went on the computer one time and he was like YOU BETTER BE careful and then like 3 days later it was gone for "matinence". :mad2:
i've stayed at hotels in: california, missouri, florida, atlanta, wisconsin, illinois
:cool:

DarkTemplarZ
3rd August 2004, 09:37 AM
Well there was one where you had to pay a lot for 24 hours of TV Internet access and it was slow and crappy if that counts...

kainashi
3rd August 2004, 09:42 AM
i've stayed at one hotel. no computers there though.

phaedrus
3rd August 2004, 10:41 AM
I do believe that hotel I stayed in while at Beijing had a hotel. 20 Yuan initially, then 2 Yuan every minute after 2 minutes. I hate that hotel, though it's ***** star...

Damn place gave me food poisoning...

EDIT: Let's see:

Hotels at: Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi, Chicago...I don't remember much else...

mvtm
3rd August 2004, 02:10 PM
Sup by there, By Guest computer you mean a laptop on the room? or just a normal pc in the hotel lobby.

as for the poll , i havent had a room yet that has a internet service in , because they are expensive ,i know in chicago many hotels has those feactures that they lend you a laptop.

anyways as for a PC on the lobby with internet , i had arrived like 10 hotels with that things, some are cheap (believe it or not),regular, and some are really overpriced like 7.5 € for 30 minutes i think that was Frankfurt,Germany . And of course i aint nuts to pay that for.

mr_pikachu
3rd August 2004, 02:28 PM
I went to one in Cozumel, Mexico that had a room with pay computers. You paid a bit of money, and then you got to use the computer (and internet, if you wished) for about 20 minutes. It was really fast, too. I went there just about every day to check up on TPM. :D

Perdanski
4th August 2004, 07:02 AM
I don't think I have stayed at a hotel before, and have never seen a computer in any of the hotels I have seen before.

FTorchicX
5th August 2004, 07:15 PM
Nope, I have never stayed at a hotel with a guest computer before. To be honest, I have never heard of any Hotels that have guest computers until now. oO; Meh, I would like to stay at a Hotel with a guest computer, but it is probably better that there are none around here, since the point of vacations is for me to spend more time with my family.

The_Missing_Link
5th August 2004, 11:46 PM
Stayed at a hotel in California in 2001 and there was a guest computer in the lobby. A couple of bucks for 15 minutes - gave me enough time to check in on TPM and my other favorite sites

This spring in Mexico, there was a computer room with only two computers but it was almost always empty. I went on twice and it kept me sane the whole week, although the hotel was amazing. Wish I could go back there

Jay
1st September 2004, 01:31 AM
i hardly ever go to hotels, and the ones i have been too weren't fancy enough to have computers. so that answers the question

FireBlast
1st September 2004, 05:18 AM
I went to many hotels, none had a computer though.

shazza
1st September 2004, 05:42 AM
i have only been to one hotel. no computers though.

Linc
1st September 2004, 07:48 AM
Darn all of you (the ones who have had computers in their hotels)! A curse on you all! *chants in some weird unknown language* Hahahahaha!!!

Aipom Of Doom
1st September 2004, 11:19 PM
Nope, no hotel I've been at has had a guest computer... I don't know if I'd trust it if it did.

Though the last hotel I was at had broadband in all of the rooms... It's a shame I dont have a laptop I could have brought.