PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge: Green Lanturn vs Trainer_Sophia (ref: RaZoR LeAf)

Green Lanturn
2nd August 2004, 10:29 PM
I think I would really like to have a match, seeing as I only have 1 at the moment.

Rules are as follows:

1.This match is a 2 on 2 tag team, and when I say Tag team, i mean it. Both pokemon are indeed out, but only one is on the field fighting. At any time in the match, a trainer may use an action to switch his pokmon in a tag-team fashion, leaving the old pokemon on the sideline, new pomemon in the ring. The match ends when both pokemon have been knocked out, 1 at a time.This does stop the pokemon withdrawal rule, as the pokemon is not withdrawn, just switched to the sideline.

2.2 day DQ limit

3.Arena: A regular pokemon stadium, abandoned with nobody inside. Pokemon may go anywhere in the stadium while fighting, stands, press boxes, etc, but they may not leave the actualy stadium for penalization of disqualitifcation of the pokemon. Forcing out of a pokemon(i.e. attacks) result in a 10% damage penalty to the pokemon.

4.I will choose my pokemon first, my opponent will attack first. Be sure to note which pokemon is on the sideline, and which is in battle.

5.There are several restricted moves in this match:
~Rest and Attract, lets keep this clean.

The reffing position is open for any who care to do so.

Alright, i believe that is all. Now for my pokemon.

"I choose you, Aiya!"

My female Swablu emerges, she will be in the battle first, and as for my sidelined pokemon...

"I choose you, Curumo!"

My male Zangoose emerges.

Who is up to the stadium tag team challenge?

~Green :171:

Trainer_Sophia
2nd August 2004, 10:51 PM
Er... I'll accept!

Let me see, I have to get this right.

I attack first? Okay, then.

I choose to start with... Eneko, the Skitty!

On the sidelines, Malice, the Sableye waits.

Eneko will start off with Tail Whip, then Sing and finally, Doubleslap on that Swablu!

Eneko- Tail Whip ~Sing ~Double Slap.

(If we can use three... I'm still shaky here, please bear with me.)

RaZoR LeAf
5th August 2004, 09:39 AM
I don't mind reffing for you. Though I've recently reffed one of Green Lanturn's battles, so he may want someone else. I'm offering anyway.

Green Lanturn
5th August 2004, 09:55 AM
I dont mind Razor, though you might remember my pokemon,lol.

Aiya, lets get this round going good. Hmm, she wants to tail whip you does she? Well, lets counter her next attack by using a safeguard. Then, her sing will be quite useless, so hit her good with a toxic attack. And if she comes to double slap you, use Mirror Move and copy her double slap!

Safeguard~Toxic~Mirror Move

~Green :171:

Trainer_Sophia
5th August 2004, 12:03 PM
For what it's worth, I don't mind, either. :)

RaZoR LeAf
6th August 2004, 02:49 PM
* Stats *

Green Lanturn vs Trainer Sophia

Swablu|♀|Aiya
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Skitty|?|Eneko
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Sableye|?|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Trainer Sophia
"Tail Whip ~ Sing ~ Double Slap"
Green Lanturn
"Safeguard ~ Toxic ~ Mirror Move"

* Pre-Battle *

Pokemon Stadium, closed up for the day with no battles planned. A lone man stands outside, and as his set up distraction distracts everyone, he picks a lock and ushers in two other people then follows them in closing the door behind him. With the arenas empty of people ad pokemon, the battle taking place leaves all pokemon free to move where ever they wat. For this match, a true tag battle will take place. Green Lanturn, the Super Heroy type fish person sends out his Swablu Aiya, while Curmo the Zangoose sits on the sidelines. Opposite, armed with twin Uzi's Trainer Sophia spots no nearby stupidity and instead calls out her pokemon, Eneko the Skitty takes battle ready stance, while spooky Sableye Malice sits in at the side. Battle begins.

* Round One Begins *

Aiya sits quietly on the ground, fluttering her cloudy wings slightly as a silvery light washes over her blue feathered body, As she relaxes, she is suddenly flipped over onto her face. Behind her Eneko giggles as he wiggles his tail having just whipped it across the flying types feet. Malice lets out a loud cackling laugh which Curumo frowns at.

Aiya jumps back up onto her feet and begins to stare at Eneko when she becomes aware of a soothing lullaby echoing through the empty arena. Eneko's singing is calm and epaceful and enough to lull anything nearby into a state of sleep. Aiya's eyes droop, but since she is healthy and fresh she does not fall completely into sleep. Out of the battle both other team mates also droops their eyes and yawn. Eneko stops singing, and watches as Aiya misjudges the spitting of Toxic. The poison sits on the ground, not yet sinking into the dirt.

Enekjo jumps slightly at the result of dropping her foe into the land of the sleepy, and runs forward. Swinigng around, he slaps his tail into Aiya's face. Not once, not even twice, but three times. The result of being slapped brings Aiya back to her senses. Glaring angrily, she uses her wings to slap the small kitten back. Once, twice, three times slapped in the face. On the sidelines both pokemon are stil ldrowsy, but in battle both pokemon are active and ready.

* Results *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
16% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (6 rounds remaining)

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Drowsy[/i]

Skitty|?|Eneko
94% Health
7% Fatigue

Sableye|?|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Drowsy

* Arena Status *

Puddle of Toxic poison still on floor

OK I've explained this on another thread but this is how I ref Safeguard. It protects from direct status inflictions. I see Safeguard as a kind of shield, that stops Posion, Electricity, Spores things like that through. It does let through Sound and visual guides such as Sing and Hypnosis, other wise i'd have to ref it that it blocks out all sound and sight making the pokemon deaf and blind.

Also Trainer Sophia please identify genders for your pokemon so I can set them correct for the next round.

Trainer_Sophia
6th August 2004, 05:03 PM
*points to her sig.* Eneko is female and Malice is male. Sorry if I was vague about that.

Green Lanturn
7th August 2004, 09:49 PM
Hmm Aiya, not exactly how I inended the last round to go, but oh well. Start this round off with a suny day. Yeah, basic weather change. Then, hit him good with a solar beam, if you used the sunny day last time, otherwise, use an ice beam. End the round by using double team.

~Green:171:

Trainer_Sophia
8th August 2004, 11:31 AM
Eek! Look out for that puddle of Toxic!

Start off with your own Safeguard, then, when that Solarbeam goes off, use Protect! Finally, finish it up with a Double Team of our own!

Eneko: Safeguard ~ Protect ~ Double Team

I hope this isn't too cheesy of a strategy.

RaZoR LeAf
9th August 2004, 12:46 PM
* Stats *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
16% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (6 actions remaining)

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Drowsy

Skitty|♀|Eneko
94% Health
7% Fatigue

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Drowsy

Green Lanturn
"Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam/Ice beam ~ Double Team"
Trainer Sophia
"Safeguard ~ Protect ~ Double Slap"

* Round Two Begins *

Still yawning on the side lines Malice and Curumo watch the ufolding battle, wondering if they'll ever get a chance to battle. Curumo mumbles something incoherent and goes crawling off to find something to eat. Down below Aiya whistles a short, soothing tune, and the sky begins to brighten. Clouds disapate, and the sun seems to shine more brightly than before. With the heat turned up, Eneko simply shrugs it off by allowing a cooling silver energy to wash over her. It blots out the burning sensation of the sun and protects her from any other effects that may cause her harm.

Aiya flicks her eyes over to the Skitty sitting before her. Still annoyed at almost being put to sleep, the blue feathered Swablu takes aim and releases a powerful blast of energy. Aided by the sun, the beam of Solar power charges forward, and appears to envelop Eneko completely. Aiya whistles delighted, while Malice suddenly becomes fully awake and looks on in shock ad horror. As the beam fades, Malice begins to cackle loudly, as Eneko is still perfectly unharmed, skipping proudly, as the last remnants of a protective shield fades away.

A low growl escapes from the usually peaceful Swablu's mouth. A flicker of light creates an exact duplicate of the angered pokemon, but much to her dismay, Eneko follows suit, creating an exact clone of herself too. As Curumo retakes his seat, having broken into the pocorn dispenser ad stolen a bag of salted corn, he almost drops it when he realises what he missed.

* Results *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
30% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (3 actions remaining)
Annoyed

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Eating Popcorn

Skitty|♀|Eneko
94% Health
32% Fatigue
Pleased

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Amused

* Arena Status *

Puddle of Toxic poison boiled away
Sunshine is Strong(3 rounds remaining)

Trainer_Sophia
12th August 2004, 11:37 AM
Whoops! It is my turn, isn't it?

Eneko, let's go with Calm Mind to start with, then Rainy Day, then use Thunder if Rainy Day works.

If Rainy Day doesn't work, go with Charm, and then Faint Attack.

Eneko: Calm Mind ~ Rainy Day ~ Thunder

If Rainy Day fails, use Calm Mind ~ Charm ~ Faint Attack

Green Lanturn
12th August 2004, 08:46 PM
Alright Swablu. She wants to go statwise on us, well, well go offensive on her.

While the sunny day is still in effect, I want you to use another Solarbeam.
Then, as she wastes her turn cancelling out the sun, I want you to peck that skitty to the brink of annoyance. And protect yourself from that thunder.

~GL

RaZoR LeAf
25th August 2004, 08:40 AM
Sorry it's so late. A few mistakes I made i the last reffing I just noticed. Both Aiya and Eneko had 1 Clone at the end of the round.

* Stats *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
30% Fatigue
Annoyed
1 Clone

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Eating Popcorn

Skitty|♀|Eneko
94% Health
32% Fatigue
Pleased
1 Clone

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Amused

Trainer Sophia
"Calm Mind ~ Rain Dance ~ Thunder"
Green Lanturn
"Solar Beam ~ Peck ~ Protect"

* Round Three Begins *

Greatly annoyed at the events of the last round, Aiya is eager to make sure this round goes smoothly. She flicks her eyes around the arena, seeing her enemy on the sidelines smiling, and her own team mate watching intently while stuffing his face with popcorn. She feels the heat of the sun on her head and turns attention back to the troublesome Skitty before her. Eneko is peacefully easing her mind, calming herself when a solid beam of solar energy blasts into her. Last round that attack failed to do any damage, but now, without the protective shiled, the sheer force of the attack slams the Skitty into the arena wall.

Shaking her head to regain her senses Eneko skips back into the main circle of action and the three bulbs on her tail glow a watery blue. Clouds appear in the sky, and the increased heat fades back to normal temperature. No rain falls though, as the SKitty appears to be disapointed at things not going as planned. Aiya smirks, knowing this was the case, and she flutters forward dealing a series of quick sharp pecks to the pokemon's head.

Skitty squeels in pain and backs away. With her main plan having failed, her trainer has left here with another two orders. Two? She can only manage one. Trying her best amid the disorientation and pain from the previous attacks, she flicks her tail and skips around as cute as possible. BUt Aiya was preparing for the initial electrical attack, and with the protective shield in place, feels nothing from the attempt at Charming from the young kitten pokemon.

* Results *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
50% Fatigue
Pleased
1 Clone

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Eating Popcorn

Skitty|♀|Eneko
77% Health
46% Fatigue
Disorientated

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Worried for Eneko

* Arena Status *

Normal

Trainer_Sophia
27th August 2004, 03:26 PM
Oh no! Skitty! Don't let that mean ole Swablu get you down! keep at it! Aiya's a good battler...

Start off with Heal Bell, then Wish, and finally a Faint Attack. Heal yourself up, power up, then attack.

Skitty ~ Heal Bell to rid self of Disorientation ~ Wish ~ Faint Attack

Green Lanturn
30th August 2004, 07:08 PM
OK Swablu, lets get this skitty. BTW, excellent round last round.

I want you to hit skitty with an ice beam. Then, fly up into the air, and dont come down till after his faint attack finishes.

~GL

RaZoR LeAf
1st September 2004, 02:41 PM
Are you aware it wasn't your turn to post attacks this tur Trainer Sophia? Because of this, you gave Green Lanturn an extra turn to his advantage, thats why he has forgone any damage.

* Stats *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
50% Fatigue
Pleased
1 Clone

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Eating Popcorn

Skitty|♀|Eneko
77% Health
46% Fatigue
Disorientated

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Worried for Eneko

Trainer Sophia
"Heal Bell ~ Wish ~ Faint Attack"
Green Lanturn
"Ice Beam ~ Fly"

* Round Four Begins *

Still disorientated and confused Eneko stops for a moment to concentrate. A calm wind blows through the arena, followed by a short silence, then finally a slow soothing chiming of a bell. As the soothing bell continues to echo in the empty arena. Charmed by it's beautiful sound, Eneko opens her eyes cured of the confusion. The peace is short lived, when a beam of icy energy slams into the face of the kitten and knocks it backwards.

Getting back on her feet Eneko looks up to the sky. Hoping, praying, wishing on a star for some help in this battle, there is no answer, but she shakes off the disappointment and looks to her enemy. Aiya is gone however, floating high above the arena on her cloud like wings.

Now however, both pokemon fall into a stalemate. Eneko knows that her ordered attack wont hit Aiya up that high, so she forgoes it. Aiya's order tells her to attack after Eneko has attacked. The round ends with both pokemon stuck.

* Results *

Swablu|♀|Aiya
93% Health
64% Fatigue
1 Clone

Zangoose|♂|Curumo
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Bored

Skitty|♀|Eneko
67% Health
66% Fatigue
Wished upon a star

Sableye|♂|Malice
100% Health
0% Fatigue
Bored

* Arena Status *

Normal

Green Lanturn
3rd September 2004, 11:18 AM
Ok, lets see. I think its time for a little fun.

Aiya, lets switch you out and let Curumo get a couple hits in. Curumo, lets git the skitty hard with a Taunt. Or, should she switch to sableye, use a Thief. Then, use a thunderbolt, no matter the pokemon.

Switch to Curumo~Taunt/Thief~ T-Bolt

~GL

RaZoR LeAf
13th September 2004, 10:02 AM
For a 2 day DQ, Trainer Sophia is WAY over, and no absence post. So.. Victory to Green Lanturn,and unfortunatly, 0 points.

Also, if you want another battle, I have 2 free slots, all we'd need to do is hope for a ref. Since the last 2 battles I was hoping for had no refs, and one still remains unreffed beyond round 1.