PDA

View Full Version : Battle me(Fast ref NEEDED)

PojoPooka
4th February 2003, 12:40 PM
2v2
Melee
36 hr DQ
No Damage Caps
Arena:
Cloud Arena:
An average, 20x20 cloud, about 1,000 feet off the ground. Falling, of course, is deadly. By some weird thing, the cloud is solid, but a layer of "mist", about 2 inches tall, covers the cloud's surface, making a good hiding place for small Pokemon, but a large Pokemon can most likely see over the mist and see the small Pokemon hiding. The cloud moves around land mass's, but no wind or weather is around it.

Go! Arcanine and Pidgey!

RaZoR LeAf
4th February 2003, 04:11 PM
I'll ref for you

Ultimate Charizard
4th February 2003, 04:25 PM
Yeah ill take this.

Go Charizard(m) and Golduck(f)!

Golduck
Start out with a Bubblebeam on Arcanine and follow up with Ice Beam. Finish off with Confusion.

Charizard
While Golduck keeps Arcanine busy ill let u deal with the Pidgey. Start out with Swordsdance and follow up with Firespin to trap it. While its in trouble fly in and use Bite

PojoPooka
4th February 2003, 04:58 PM
Both of you creat a Substitute with a good amount of energy, but not too much.

Arcanine, use ExtremeSpeed to push Golduck to the edge of the arena, but be sure to not fall off. Pidgey, WhirlWind when you get the chance, and send Golduck off the cloud. If that doesn't work, use another WhirlWind at it. If it does get knocked off from the first, Sky Attack Charizard.

Arcanine, Crunch Charizard's throat, at the vein in its neck. ARip at it more by digging as deep as possible into its neck with another Crunch.

RaZoR LeAf
5th February 2003, 01:19 PM
* Battle *
PojoPooka
Arcanine(m) & Pidgey(m)
versus
Ultimate Charizard
Charizard(m) & Golduck(f)

* Stats *

PojoPooka

Arcanine
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Pidgey
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Ultimate Charizard

Charizard
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Golduck
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Ultimate Charizard
Golduck - "Bubblebeam ~ Ice Beam ~ Confusion
Charizard - "Swords Dance ~ Fire Spin ~ Bite
PojoPooka
Arcanine - "Substitute ~ Extreme Speed ~ Crunch"
Pidgey - "Substitute ~ Whirlwind ~ Sky Attack"

* Pre-Battle *

A vast white expanse of cloud, the light fluffy platform where this battle will take place. Propelled by nothing, yet moving still, it floats high above the ground. A serene area but the drop off the edge a disapointing end for any pokemon who should fall. The Battleopener, Pojopooka floats nearby to the erena in a Hot-air balloon. At the opposite end of the cloud floats Ultimate Charizard. The battle this time will be 2 on 2, an all out melee between four active pokemon. PojoPooka and Ultimate Charizard both release their pokemon simultaniously. Pidgey and Arcanine materialize on one side, while Golduck and Charizard emerge on the other. The commands are issued and the battle can now begin.

* Round One Begins *

Staying near the point of emergence Charizard concentrates his energis. A wash of ligh flows over him, and as his wings begin to flap at high speed, long sharp daggers of light appear to spin around him. The daggers spin faster and faster, before shattering into pure enrgy and being sucked back into the fire dragon. Golduck bounces forward, a spray of fast opaque bubbles shooting forth from her beak, towards the standing place of her fire furred enemy. Both Arcanine and Pidgey have thier orders, and with a burst of energy two exact clones are created. The clones, every way like their owner, are mere dolls to be used as shields. Dolls they may be, but they are enough to fool Golduck, who's watery spray bounces into the false copy, drenching it in a wet soapy mist.

Now, both hidden from their opponents, Pidgey and Arcanine are free to attack their foes without being seen. Arcanine, charging forward at high speed, punces into Golduck, knocking the water pokemon across the cloud cover. Hoping to get her near the edge, but the wiley duck is far more capable of dealing with mysterious invisible attackers than he thought. Pidgey flies overhead, and with great flapping of his wings attempts to blow the duck further to the edge. Golduck opens her mouth, and a blast of icey energy shoots out. Using the power of the beam as a resisting force, Golduck flips herself away from the edge of the cloud, just catching the Arcanine doll with the last trail of the frosty beam.

Whilst all energies were concentrated on Golduck, both pokemon failed to spot Charizard. A burst of red hot flames reupting from his mouth, a tornado of fire and smoke billows around the doll of Pidgey. The twisting, hurricane forces and extreme heat are too much for the small clone and the doll shatters to dust. Charizard growls when he sees the real Pidgey hovering nearby, trying to blow his partner off the arena. Angered, he turns to fight it off.
To late to realise it's clone has been destroyed, Pidgey's only warning of the impending attack from the great lizard is the deafening roar he hears. Trying as fast as he can, Pidgey creates a burning heat around his body generated by frantically flapping his wings, but it's not enough. Charizard bursts through the energuy build up, and sinks his sharp fangs into the bird's wing.

Pidgey squeals in pain, as blood trickles out of the wound site. Charizard releases his fangs, happy that his anger has been expressed and his task has been complete, he lands beside Golduck and smilies contently. The still out of veiw Arcanine charges at the recently landed dragon. A wave of dark energy washes over his, centering it's power in his jaws. Diving at Charizard he sinks his own dark attack into his upper torso. Biting hard and strong, new blood begins to trickle out. But before he can bite harder, a sharp rining forms in his ears. The glowing eyes of Golduck, and the focused mind of a psychic pokemon show a subliminul attack in use. A wave of sharp confusion washes over Arcanine. Affected the most due to the close proximity to the cource, Arcanine backs away from the lizard, who graons in pain from the sudden ferocity of the unexpected attack. His ears ringing and his eyes blinded by flashes of light, the tiger esque pokemon scrambles further away. As the attack wavers out, the psychic blast ripples through the Arcanine doll. Cracks begin to form in the clone as it shows signs of a severe beating.

* Results *

PojoPooka

Arcanine
85% Health
15% Fatigue
Substitute 3%
Difficulty hearing

Pidgey
77% Health
20% Fatigue
Left wing is injured
Flight may be affected

Ultimate Charizard

Charizard
90% Health
10% Fatigue
Attack Boosted
Upper Torso Injury

Golduck
91% Health
9% Fatigue
Frustrated

Oh and before i forget, how big is this cloud? It's easier to judge size and distance covered without making assumptions.

[EDIT] - There, i changed a few details about Arcanines direction of attacks.

PojoPooka
5th February 2003, 02:26 PM
cloud is 20x20

How is Golduck gonna use IceBeam to "propel" itself forwards? and I told Arcanine to bite the throat of Charizard. That doesn't seem right that ExtremeSpeed pushes him to the edge and then iceBeam moves him forwards, and then WhirlWind doesn't blow him far at all. Can you clarify why this happened before I attack?
Also, Arcanine i much stronger then Golduck, and larger, how come Golduck was so easily able to resist ExtremeSpeed?
Also, seems 3 attacks (XTremeSpeed, WWind and WWind) should send it 20 feet at least... or at least it should end up at the end of the round towards the egde...

Cyrus
5th February 2003, 02:47 PM
Using the power of the beam as a resisting force, Golduck flips herself away from the edge of the cloud, just catching the Arcanine doll with the last trail of the frosty beam.

How is the beam used as a resisting force? If it as at the edge and the beam is powerful enough to move the Golduck, then the beam would knock him back, not forwards wouldn't it? The beam was fired forward so the equal force applied would be applied in the opposite direct, driving Golduck back, by your interprutation enough to allow him to flip in the air, would have driven him back off the edge.

Assuming Golduck is able to to pull of this amazing feat of dexterity, how did the beam hit the sub as well?

RaZoR LeAf
5th February 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by PojoPooka
cloud is 20x20

Yes I saw that. I meant what measurement? Millimetres, centimetres, metres, inches, feet, miles, kilometres, yards, acres, etc? 20x20 doesn't really help.

How is Golduck gonna use IceBeam to "propel" itself forwards? and I told Arcanine to bite the throat of Charizard.

Okay so i mis-read and thought you said Golduck. I can re-write that bit.

That doesn't seem right that ExtremeSpeed pushes him to the edge and then iceBeam moves him forwards, and then WhirlWind doesn't blow him far at all. Can you clarify why this happened before I attack?

It didn't propel itself forwards. It used the beam as an anchor, directing it downwards, the resistance between moving beam and solid force acted as a bacwards momentum that allowed Golduck to backflip. The beam, coming from Golduck's mouth followed backwards then and skipped off the edge of the substitute. Heck it only took off 1% maybe 2%.

Also, Arcanine i much stronger then Golduck, and larger, how come Golduck was so easily able to resist ExtremeSpeed?

Arcanine and Golduck's strength comparisons are judged by me. I don't base strength comparisons on game stats or by size alone. I judge them on how i feel that pokemon is capable of standing up to another.

Also, seems 3 attacks (XTremeSpeed, WWind and WWind) should send it 20 feet at least... or at least it should end up at the end of the round towards the egde...

Pidgey didn't use Whirwlind a second time. The way I see it, is that a small Pidgey had an angered Charizard flying at it with jaws bearing, it would want to try to defend itself or attack, rather than ignore it completely and try to blow another pokemon off the edge.

Originally posted by Cyrus
How is the beam used as a resisting force? If it as at the edge and the beam is powerful enough to move the Golduck, then the beam would knock him back, not forwards wouldn't it? The beam was fired forward so the equal force applied would be applied in the opposite direct, driving Golduck back, by your interprutation enough to allow him to flip in the air, would have driven him back off the edge.

"Golduck opens her mouth, and a blast of icey energy shoots out. Using the power of the beam as a resisting force, Golduck flips herself away from the edge of the cloud"

I prefer not to go into massive detail about the exact directions and precise movements a pokemon makes while battling, otherwise the reffings would be too big and way to long to read. Suffice to say, Golduck used Ice Beam to flip herself around. I'd imagine under the circumstances UC would have prefered it use an ordered attack to avoid being KO'd immediatly, rather than to attack as normal and just be pushed off the edge.

[quote]
Assuming Golduck is able to to pull of this amazing feat of dexterity, how did the beam hit the sub as well?

Aerodynamics, Acrobatics and Luck.

And as a last note. You are entitled to your opinions, but as i'm reffing, i'll interpret things my own way.

PojoPooka
5th February 2003, 06:40 PM
20x20 is generally 20 feet by 20 feet.

Why did it direct the IBeam downards? Was it told to? no. Your reason for it being an "anchor" and, no way is wind and a beam going downwards(may I add, forwards at a downards angle?), gonna spiral something forwards. That is bogus, and makes no sense in the laws of physics or any imaginable way.

Arcanine is obvious much larger. Dogs in general have a lot of strength, the bigger they are, the better. Ducks don't, and Golduck is obviously a duck. Golduck would not out-strength Arcanine in any way...

Pidgey didn't use WhirlWind? I told it to. Cause it is in danger, that doesn't make it ignore my commands. Though, this isn't much of what I am mad at, seeing as either would have failed.

You ARE the ref, but your opinion is bogus. It makes no possible sense, and the Pokemon have even decided to attack differently(Golduck re-aiming IceBeam, Pidgey using SAttack instead of WWind, Arcanine deciding to bite Charizard's stomach instead of neck like he was told too), and even use bogus ways to keep that golduck on(IceBeam and Whirlwind clash, so Golduck does a "backflip"[which should send him over the edge], to somehow go forwards away).
It is odd that every single weird thing, that made no sense, and every command a Pokemon ignored, was used to make the round go worse for me... I am not calling you biased yet, but this is a bad reffing, and I still want a reref.

Ultimate Charizard
5th February 2003, 07:06 PM
Maybe the ref decided to make it more interesting rather than letting you go for a handicap advantage right from the start. If i knew you were going to play that way id have used Seismic toss and thrown that Arcanine to god knows where.

The decisions arent all against you either. I had no intention of Charizard landing after it used Bite, therefore it would be way out of range for Crunch but the ref made him land. Did i complain? No.

As for the size and power argument, if u wanna play like that then pidgey should be out of the match since charizard could easily eat a Pidgey with one bite.

RaZoR LeAf
6th February 2003, 09:33 AM
Okay i'll do a re-ref but don't complain if you don't like it the second itme.

RaZoR LeAf
6th February 2003, 10:01 AM
I noticed you also didn't want damage caps on. Very Well, one Re-Ref. Enjoy.

* Battle *
PojoPooka
Arcanine(m) & Pidgey(m)
versus
Ultimate Charizard
Charizard(m) & Golduck(f)

* Stats *

PojoPooka

Arcanine
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Pidgey
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Ultimate Charizard

Charizard
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Golduck
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Ultimate Charizard
Golduck - "Bubblebeam ~ Ice Beam ~ Confusion
Charizard - "Swords Dance ~ Fire Spin ~ Bite
PojoPooka
Arcanine - "Substitute ~ Extreme Speed ~ Crunch"
Pidgey - "Substitute ~ Whirlwind ~ Sky Attack/Whirlwind"

* Pre-Battle *

A vast white expanse of cloud, the light fluffy platform where this battle will take place. Propelled by nothing, yet moving still, it floats high above the ground. A serene area but the drop off the edge a disapointing end for any pokemon who should fall. The Battleopener, Pojopooka floats nearby to the erena in a Hot-air balloon. At the opposite end of the cloud floats Ultimate Charizard. The battle this time will be 2 on 2, an all out melee between four active pokemon. PojoPooka and Ultimate Charizard both release their pokemon simultaniously. Pidgey and Arcanine materialize on one side, while Golduck and Charizard emerge on the other. The commands are issued and the battle can now begin.

* Round One Point Five Begins *

Staying near the point of emergence Charizard concentrates his energis. A wash of ligh flows over him, and as his wings begin to flap at high speed, long sharp daggers of light appear to spin around him. The daggers spin faster and faster, before shattering into pure enrgy and being sucked back into the fire dragon. Golduck bounces forward, a spray of fast opaque bubbles shooting forth from her beak, towards the standing place of her fire furred enemy. Both Arcanine and Pidgey have thier orders, and with a burst of energy two exact clones are created. The clones, every way like their owner, are mere dolls to be used as shields. Dolls they may be, but they are enough to fool Golduck. The duck, taking a sharp breath blows a stream of soapy opaque bubbles. Flying at high speed the spherical bubbles smash into the arcanine doll. As each bubble pops and splash of water falls over the fire pokemon's double. More and more bubbles burst and pop, sending more and more water over the doll. The flux of watery attacks is too much even for the newly created substitute, and it breaks apart under the constant onslaught.

Shocked to say the least at her opponent disintegrating before her eyes, Golduck is releaved, yet angered when she hears the low grumble of disappointment from the real Arcanine only footsteps behind her. Now revealed to his opponent, Arcanine wastes no time in diving forward. A burst of adrenaline boosts Arcanine's speed and he pounces onto Golduck, tumbling along the floor as the two wrestle to gain control. Overhead the invisible Pidgey watches closely, as they near the edge. With a burst of wind behind him, his small wings begin to generate a harsh wind.

Whilst all energies were concentrated on Golduck, both pokemon failed to spot Charizard. A burst of red hot flames reupting from his mouth, a tornado of fire and smoke billows around the doll of Pidgey. The twisting, hurricane forces and extreme heat are too much for the small clone and the doll shatters to dust. Charizard growls when he sees the real Pidgey hovering nearby, trying to blow his partner off the arena. Angered, he turns to fight it off.
Still blowing a wind, Golduck is skidding faster and faster towards the edge. Opening her mouth, a blast of frost and ice shoots out, slamming into Arcanine sending him reeling back across the cloud arena. Bracing against the wind, Golduck manages to stay on just barely as Pidgey stops his first whirlwind.

To late to realise it's clone has been destroyed, Pidgey's only warning of the impending attack from the great lizard is the deafening roar he hears. Before he can carry out any further orders, Charizard's wide gaping mouth suddenly closes around Pidgey. All that can be seen or heard is the chomping of Charizard's jaw. The ref is forced to intervene, as eating another pokemon is strictly forbidden in battle. A disapointed Charizard spits out the Pidgey, who dejectedly falls to the floor. It's body mangled, bloody and bruised, the small unevoloved pokemon has no strength remaining from being almsot devoured, and slumps unconcious to the arena floor.

A very angry Arcanine roars at Charizard. A wave of dark energy washes over him, centering it's power in his jaws. Diving at the still airborne Charizard he attempts to sink his own dark attack into his form. To high up to reach Arcanine's best bet is to chow on the lizard's flapping tail. Biting hard and strong, new blood begins to trickle out. But before he can bite harder, a sharp rining forms in his ears. The glowing eyes of Golduck, and the focused mind of a psychic pokemon show a subliminul attack in use. A wave of sharp confusion washes over Arcanine. Affected the most due to the close proximity to the cource, Arcanine drops to the ground and backs away, his ears ringing and his eyes blinded by flashes of light.

* Results *

PojoPooka

Arcanine
70% Health
20% Fatigue
Difficulty hearing
Angry

Pidgey
0% Health
100% Fatigue
Charizard Food
Fainted

Ultimate Charizard

Charizard
80% Health
25% Fatigue
Attack Boosted
Craving Pidgey
Tail bleeding and pained

Golduck
82% Health
20% Fatigue
Very close to edge of arena

PojoPooka
6th February 2003, 01:25 PM
This is rigged.... a 1HKO on Pidgey(after a minor Sub)? Might as well get this over with...

Arcanine, ExtremeSpeed Golduck off the edge of the arena, but be sure to not fall off yourself.
Creat a Substitute, and then DoubleTeam.

Ultimate Charizard
6th February 2003, 06:58 PM
This isnt rigged at all, you were the one unhappy about the first reffing, and ill bet you wouldnt have complained if ud OHKO'd Golduck. Thats what you get for not using Damage Caps.

Ok Golduck, use nothing but Disable to stop Arcanine in its tracks.

Charizard, start out with a Wing Attack and then a Bite before going for a Seismic toss right over the edge

PojoPooka
7th February 2003, 04:14 PM
Hmmm... no need to continue. with the attacks you ordered, Charizard will throw Arcanine off the edge for sure. And since this has been 1 big battle(verbally and battle-wise), I am forfeiting(since it wont cost you anything, I see no reason for you to be mad).

Ultimate Charizard
7th February 2003, 04:41 PM
Well, although it has been a farce of a battle, technically one round was reffed therefore i claim my prize.

2 yen

*Watches Wartortle evolve into Blastoise*