PDA

View Full Version : Is it me...

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 09:53 AM
...or is the original Metroid hard as all hell?

So I bought a bootleg of Metroid: Zero Mission, and I beat it quite easily. I'm working on -2 hrs. on Normal for the fancy Gallery pics.

I had unlocked the original Metroid. I can't get past the second room without getting hit liek 30 times. Anyone else think that the port of the original Metroid (original original, on the Zero Mission cart) is as hard as hell?

Discuss.

classy_cat18
5th August 2004, 10:00 AM
*nods head* I thought it was hard because it didn't have the map like Zero Mission does.

Razola
5th August 2004, 11:28 AM
When you lack space to make games longer, you make them a whole lot harder.

The Muffin Man
5th August 2004, 11:45 AM
What's Ninja Gaidens excuse? Are they just trying to make it so frusterating and hard you forget the games pretty subpar at best?

Outlaw JT
5th August 2004, 12:08 PM
Ninja Gaiden is a cake walk. It's all about the timing. Learn the timing of all your enemies in the game and you can roll through the whole game relatively unscathed. All the enemies have specific timing for their attacks, all the bosses have patterns. That makes the game pretty easy if you just take the time to learn them. I'll give you that the original Metroid is uber hard though.

Oh yeah, just because a game is too hard for you doesn't make it subpar. Ninja Gaiden has some of the best gameplay in years. Excellent visuals, above average sound design, and some of the best controls ever on the current gen of consoles. Aside from the occasional minor camera troubles, Ninja Gaiden is near flawless.

Gengachu
5th August 2004, 12:10 PM
I really liked the Ninja Gaiden trilogy. Yes it was frustrating, but I found it to be fun.

And I consider Metroid to be pretty easy, but that's mostly because I have it memorized.

The Muffin Man
5th August 2004, 01:30 PM
Ninja Gaiden is a cake walk. It's all about the timing. Learn the timing of all your enemies in the game and you can roll through the whole game relatively unscathed. All the enemies have specific timing for their attacks, all the bosses have patterns. That makes the game pretty easy if you just take the time to learn them. I'll give you that the original Metroid is uber hard though.

Oh yeah, just because a game is too hard for you doesn't make it subpar. Ninja Gaiden has some of the best gameplay in years. Excellent visuals, above average sound design, and some of the best controls ever on the current gen of consoles. Aside from the occasional minor camera troubles, Ninja Gaiden is near flawless.

Viewtiful Joe smacked me around and told me to shut the **** up or he'll use his belt. I love that game. VJ is like a professional wrestler taking on a cute little kitten. It's unrelenting and you really wonder how you survived, but I still like it.

Ninja Gaiden seemed to take the fun out and pretty much make it crap.

Bolded statement - Except it's crappy, not fun, kind of clunky, the controls are 'meh', the camera is obnoxious, the skills can be awkward the first time around, the enemies are just obnoxious(Rather than fight, most of them throw ONE shuriken to interupt your combos and leave you open to the 5 guys you were attacking...) and it's really NOT that great. It's overhyped and underdone.

And no I'm not anti-XBox. I still stand by KoTOR being one of the best damn games of all time.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th August 2004, 04:11 PM
As long as you haven't played Ghosts 'n Goblins on the NES you have no idea what "hard" in a video game means. If you had the patience to beat this game, if you had even the patience to not slam your joybad against the wall after a day playing this, then no game in this world will ever seem hard to you again.

Having played all Metroid games though, yes, the original Metroid was harder than all other games of the series, including the GBA remake Metroid: Zero Mission which is slightly different.

PNT510
5th August 2004, 04:36 PM
]Viewtiful Joe smacked me around and told me to shut the **** up or he'll use his belt. I love that game. VJ is like a professional wrestler taking on a cute little kitten. It's unrelenting and you really wonder how you survived, but I still like it.

Ninja Gaiden seemed to take the fun out and pretty much make it crap.

Bolded statement - Except it's crappy, not fun, kind of clunky, the controls are 'meh',Did you play with the controler up your ass? Ninja Gaiden isn't clunky. It's hands down the smoothest controling game EVER. the camera is obnoxious,The camera isn't that bad, and it's being fixed with the new XBL update, although most people don't have XBL the skills can be awkward the first time around, And combos can be tough in a fighting game too.the enemies are just obnoxious(Rather than fight, most of them throw ONE shuriken to interupt your combos and leave you open to the 5 guys you were attacking...)Maybe you should learn how to block? It's not that hard, and it works instantly!!! and it's really NOT that great. It's overhyped and underdone.This coming from someone who played the demo! I wonder why it's not done?!

And no I'm not anti-XBox. I still stand by KoTOR being one of the best damn games of all time.

The Muffin Man
6th August 2004, 12:55 AM
Pants - Demo setup, full game.

And I HAVE played Dungeons and Dragons...that's an awesome game.