PDA

View Full Version : Weezing nature help

Ultimate Pikachu
5th August 2004, 07:54 PM
I'm planning on having a Weezing on my team and I'm having trouble with the nature. I've got everything else set. Which is better Jolly or Careful/Impish?

Weezing@Leftovers
252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Haze

Misdreavus
5th August 2004, 08:04 PM
Either Careful or Impish IMO... it's your call.

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 09:30 PM
Jolly, hands down.

Oh, and Fire Blast > Shadow Ball. For Steels.

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2004, 09:34 PM
Impish. What is Weezing gonna do with speed?

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 09:39 PM
What is Weezing gonna do with speed?

Weezing's just gonna sit there. :rolleyes:

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2004, 09:51 PM
...my point exactly. Jolly is Speed+ SA-, and Impish is Defense+, SA-, remember?

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 09:55 PM
...my point exactly. Jolly is Speed+ SA-, and Impish is Defense+, SA-, remember?

I knew that. At least Weezing might Haze before a slower enemy pulls off an attack (with Jolly), but Impish could help the resist. It's a toss-up, somewhat. I'd go with Jolly, but whatever.

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2004, 09:59 PM
Oh, I see. Well, the only things that Weezing could be possibly using Haze against without getting popped like a balloon in the process are Cursers (which Weezing is going to be faster than whether it has Jolly or not) and Swords Dancers\Bulk Uppers, which are most likely going to be faster than it anyway, even if it is Jolly.

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 10:04 PM
Oh, I see. Well, the only things that Weezing could be possibly using Haze against without getting popped like a balloon in the process are Cursers (which Weezing is going to be faster than whether it has Jolly or not) and Swords Dancers\Bulk Uppers, which are most likely going to be faster than it anyway, even if it is Jolly.

Does Weezing beat out a Bulk Up/Swords Dance Breloom?

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2004, 10:14 PM
Actually, a Jolly, max speed Weezing outspeeds max-speed, non-personality-boosted Breloom by exactly one point.

But I wouldn't specialize Weezing just for Breloom.

phaedrus
5th August 2004, 11:13 PM
Now I know Weezing can go faster than something besides a fully cursed up Steelix. =P

MaxPegasus42
6th August 2004, 06:12 PM
From what I understand weezing is usually a Speed- Natured pokemon and it usually is specialized for Wisping/killing off Dragon Dancers...

Will-o-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Haze/Explosion/Pain Split

Will-o-wisp is for Salamence and Tyranitar who like to Dragon Dance a bunch
Thunderbolt(I know you may be confused on what this is for, but its simple... the last of the dragon dancers Gyarados... basically destroys Gyarados which likes to taunt...)
Sludge Bomb is for STAB, some prefer going full out SA and using Fire Blast for Skarmory or Metagross... your call both work, But Sludge Bomb even at minimal Attack stat can do some damage... and is usually used if you fear Ludicolo if you dont fear ludicolo too much, fire blast works...
The last move is usually some kind of filler... i dont particularly like explosion but it can come in handy at times, Haze isnt that useful cause even with speed weezing isnt fast enough to do much of anything with it... Pain Split is your best bet, and good on switchings... they switch in, your weezing gets healed via Pain Split...

Nautre which is what this entire thing was about in the first place isnt it... Nature is usually Relaxed (Speed- Def+) with it basically put at around 350 for Defense (however many EVs that is, I am not sure...) Around Full HP... and usually the SA is around that 240 mark...

I think thats how it goes, but i am not 100% sure on that... although it shouldnt be too far from the norm...

Mitch's Bashamo
6th August 2004, 10:11 PM
Go with Relaxed or Impish

Music Dragon
7th August 2004, 03:18 AM
How do you get Pain Split on Weezing? The only Pokemon I know that learns Pain Split is Misdreavus, but can they breed or what?

swallot
8th August 2004, 02:52 PM
My favourite nature is brave

Don't Run With Scizors
8th August 2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, both Misdreavus and Koffing are in the Indeterminate breeding group.