PDA

View Full Version : Rate/Fix my Blaziken!

Yukiyuki
6th August 2004, 11:31 AM
Hey! please rate/fix my Blaziken..

Blaziken
Item: Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
EV's: Attack 255, Speed 255
Moveset:
-Endure
-Reversal
-Overheat
-Substitute

Now here's how this moveset works:
Turn 1: Use Substitute, this should at least decrease your HP by 1/4, which is what you want.
Turn 2: Use Endure when your low on HP. Salac Berry should kick in. Blaze should also kick in, powering up Overheat.
Turn 3: Use Reversal/Overheat. They should be incredibly powerful now.

The other Moveset i was thinking of is:
Blaziken
Moveset:
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance/Bulk Up

Turn 1: Use Sword's Dance/Bulk Up to power your Attack and Defense up.
Turn 2: Sweep Away!:P

Mitch's Bashamo
7th August 2004, 12:01 AM
EV's for both should be 252 Attack, 252 Speed and 6 HP. Other than that those sets are good for sweeping away.

PKMN Master
8th August 2004, 01:46 AM
Hey! please rate/fix my Blaziken..

Blaziken
Moveset:
-Endure
-Reversal
-Overheat
-Substitute

Now here's how this moveset works:
Turn 1: Use Substitute, this should at least decrease your HP by 1/4, which is what you want.
Turn 2: Use Endure when your low on HP. Salac Berry should kick in. Blaze should also kick in, powering up Overheat.
Turn 3: Use Reversal/Overheat. They should be incredibly powerful now.

I saw this moveset on NB, but I think there's something wrong, the opp used Substitute 4 times and reached 1 hp... I thought that Sub stopped working after the hp has been brought down to 1/4 or less... anyway, it's kinda logical if he arranged the hp so there's like 201, where you waste 50 each time and you're left with 1... just wondering

Poryhedron
8th August 2004, 10:54 AM
I saw this moveset on NB, but I think there's something wrong, the opp used Substitute 4 times and reached 1 hp... I thought that Sub stopped working after the hp has been brought down to 1/4 or less... anyway, it's kinda logical if he arranged the hp so there's like 201, where you waste 50 each time and you're left with 1... just wondering
Yes, that's exactly what happens. Substitute takes off 1/4 of your Max HP, and Belly Drum and the Ghost-type version of Curse take off 1/2 of your Max HP, but neither will work if that loss would faint you. They don't have any compunction against dropping you to 1 HP, though, and since the engine tends to round fractions down, they do have the ability to do that if your HP isn't evenly divisible.

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 09:53 AM
also i think you should add a move like blaze kick or fire punch because a lot of people in the game and out the game seem to use types weak to fire.

Poryhedron
16th August 2004, 10:53 AM
also i think you should add a move like blaze kick or fire punch because a lot of people in the game and out the game seem to use types weak to fire.
Overheat does that.

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 11:01 AM
yeah, but overheat seriously drains sp. atk and if in a battle against a trainer with a few pokemon it might be costly

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 11:03 AM
:angry: yeah, but overheat seriously drains sp. atk and if in a battle against a trainer with a few pokemon it might be costly :lol:

phaedrus
16th August 2004, 11:46 AM
:angry: yeah, but overheat seriously drains sp. atk and if in a battle against a trainer with a few pokemon it might be costly :lol:

Blaziken is a physical sweeper, dumbass.

the_dark_metagross
17th August 2004, 07:23 AM
:swear: well read the other ones of mine .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
.................................................. ....( "smugness" 'i love using my other posts as for uses of taking the mick! "double smugness" :lol: ) and plus Blaziken has a very high attack and sp.attack ..........................................
.................................................. .................................................. ....
.................................................. .................................................. ....
DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Rudoku
17th August 2004, 10:40 AM
:swear: well read the other ones of mine .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
.................................................. ....( "smugness" 'i love using my other posts as for uses of taking the mick! "double smugness" :lol: ) and plus Blaziken has a very high attack and sp.attack ..........................................
DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:
God does this post ever so suck. I mean, this is what everyone pictures when they think of pokemon(or anime) fans.
1. Blaziken has good special attack, but why train it? It has better Physical attacks, and a higher attack score.
2. Know why Typhlosion sucks now? Because it's only special attacks are Fire attacks, and it's Charizard stats suck for anything else but Special attacks. Blaziken has this same problem, special-wise, but since it has good attack stats, and moves like Rock Slide, Bulk Up, etc., it isn't hurt at all.
3. Overheat(or Fire Blast) makes up for the complete lack of Special attack EVs, and sometimes the -Sp.Attack natures the average Blaz has. Fire Punch/Flamethrower with 0 EVs will suck, and probably won't even 1-hit KO a Grovyle. Overheat will still be decent.
4. Just f***ing switch or use Fire Blast if you're that scared of a Special drop.

One more thing: Try to make a good in-game special sweeping set with Blaziken(Which means Hidden Power). I'll eat my hat if you can.
Your sig is also at the peak of annoyance. There should be a rule against that.

the_dark_metagross
19th August 2004, 02:35 PM
1. I admit that it has good physical moves, but the overheat is shit in my opinion
2. *tweet tweet* who cares! thats not typhlosion or charizard!
3. look at my blaziken in the "help pleeeeeease!" thread. even though its still in training, it one hit ko'd a level 95 sceptile of my mates with a sp def of 391.
4. what if its your last pokemon ? uhhh? and dont say dont use overheat, ecpecially with the advice you give about "one move of each type" ????
one more thing: im experimenting with the sig if you detest, please post in "help please" (as above)
one mooooooooooooore thing:............................................ ...............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................**** OFF SLAGGING ME OFF!!ALL OF YOU, I DO HAVE A HIT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!(what! you resign????? SSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PKMN Master
19th August 2004, 03:37 PM
1. I admit that it has good physical moves, but the overheat is shit in my opinion
3. look at my blaziken in the "help pleeeeeease!" thread. even though its still in training, it one hit ko'd a level 95 sceptile of my mates with a sp def of 391.
4. what if its your last pokemon ? uhhh? and dont say dont use overheat, ecpecially with the advice you give about "one move of each type" ????
one more thing: im experimenting with the sig if you detest, please post in "help please" (as above)
one mooooooooooooore thing:............................................ ...............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................**** OFF SLAGGING ME OFF!!ALL OF YOU, I DO HAVE A HIT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!(what! you resign????? SSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
= Annoying n00b.

1. 140 base power + STAB + Blaze > you

2. ?

3. :rolleyes: Sceptile's Special Def. base stat is 85, so it won't even be above 300 with nature...

4. Do you even understand the strategy that Yukiyuki is trying to pull off? Why care about a fire attack with everything else Blaziken has?

Please, reduce ur signature, it hurts my eyes.

Rudoku
19th August 2004, 05:06 PM

Fun times.

1. Like that other guy said: 140 base power + STAB + Blaze = One of the nastiest fire attacks you'll ever see (If only Moltres had that trait...)

2. I was giving an example of why Blaziken can't be a special sweeper. Because it can't learn any outside of it's type. I used Typlosion as an example of how bad it'd suck.

3. You have a Quiet one, hitting a pokemon's weakness, probably during Blaze. What'd you expect? Now try beating a Miltank with that set.

4. That'd be the least of your problems. Using Yuki's set, you'd Substitute, then Overheat/Reversal til you die.

And I'll snog whatever I feel like snogging thank you!

P.S. Snog