PDA

View Full Version : [P] "Holy Smokes Batman! You're Totally Useless!"

Yoh Asakura
7th August 2004, 11:33 AM
1. Which super-hero do you think is the worst?
2. Who's your favourite super-hero?
3. Who's your favour comic book character?

1) I'm still sticking by Batman x]

2) Hmmm Superman has cool eye lasers, Green Laturn has a cool ring... I unno I have a few.

3) Spawn. Todd McFarlane owns y0.

phaedrus
7th August 2004, 11:36 AM
1. Which super-hero do you think is the worst? Robin is lamer than Batman 8)
2. Who's your favourite super-hero? I would have to say Superman
3. Who's your favour comic book character? Um....don't know? I don't read comics avidly.

NightBlaze
7th August 2004, 01:15 PM
1. Which super-hero do you think is the worst? The Wonder twins or who ever they are, the one guy turns into things like an ice cube, a shovel, or a pale of water.
2. Who's your favourite super-hero? The Flash, becaues hes fast
3. Who's your favour comic book character? Dunno, I don't read comics enough

The Muffin Man
7th August 2004, 01:20 PM
Batman, last 2 are Spidey.

Spawns stupd ;(

Yoh Asakura
7th August 2004, 01:25 PM
Batman, last 2 are Spidey.

Spawns stupd ;(

Spawn owns Spiderman. Spidey is only cool when he's with the venom symb ;x

Strat, Robin redeems himself because he's a Teen Titan x]

fat man with a monkey
7th August 2004, 01:28 PM
1. Frog man. Chubby red headed kid (y) j/k, it's batman
2. Spidey, or John Stewart lantern
3. Probably Tony Stark. He's gone through everything, and been a cool superhero at the same time. Or else Peter Parker. Not Spidey. Peter Parker.

Zalika
7th August 2004, 03:27 PM

Robin is SO lame. He wears fricken TIGHTS in those ancient movies and never does anything on his own! He also looks like a girl....

I actually do like Batman the best. He's smart and doesn't need powers because he always knows what to do. I also like the Flash because of his speed. I wish I could move that fast. I'm always late. x__x;;

I don't know... Haven't seen them in years.

~Zalika :scared:

PS100
7th August 2004, 03:29 PM
1) Wonder Woman. Anyone who wishes death to all men because we're "useless" should be shot, hung, and pissed on.

2) Spidey. Man, those "animated series" as they call them really make him look bad... So did the first movie, but the second was good. And most of the comics are, too.

3) Do manga count? If not, I'd have to say... Spidey. I don't read that many American comics.

PS

mr_pikachu
7th August 2004, 03:41 PM
Beast Boy from Teen Titans. He is totally useless in every single battle. The others always have to pick up his slack, it seems.

Um... I'll say Static Shock, because he's got a nice little edge. It makes things more realistic.

I'll go with Ash from the Toshihiro Ono Pokemon manga series.

Yoh Asakura
7th August 2004, 03:44 PM

Robin is SO lame. He wears fricken TIGHTS in those ancient movies and never does anything on his own! He also looks like a girl....

I actually do like Batman the best. He's smart and doesn't need powers because he always knows what to do. I also like the Flash because of his speed. I wish I could move that fast. I'm always late. x__x;;

I don't know... Haven't seen them in years.

~Zalika :scared:

One of those old Batman movies was on today x] You have to love the script to them x]

Batman: "Shall we, Robin?"
Robin: "Let's, Batman."

Agent Elrond
7th August 2004, 06:50 PM
1) Wonder Woman. Anyone who wishes death to all men because we're "useless" should be shot, hung, and pissed on.

Oh dear.... what a pity. Or were you trying to be funny? Because the Amazon is not amused.

Onto the poll!

I hate Rogue. But that's just from the movies. Meh...

Buttercup of the Powerpuff Girls! She's just like me! *hugs*

Princess Kushana from Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. She owns all. >:-}

Fett One
7th August 2004, 08:46 PM
1. Demolition-Man because his costume is a rip off of Daredevils and Wolverine not to mention he lives in a sewer protecting homeless people.

2. Spiderman because I like how he always protects people despite all of the bad press that causes people to hate him. I also like how he always jokes about stuff.

3. Spiderman for the same reasons that I already mentioned.

fat man with a monkey
7th August 2004, 10:30 PM
1. Demolition-Man because his costume is a rip off of Daredevils and Wolverine not to mention he lives in a sewer protecting homeless people.
THAT'S THE ****ING POUNT, ASSJEW. Just thought I'd say that. And he really is a cool hero if you take the time to read the books.

The Muffin Man
7th August 2004, 10:40 PM
Beast Boy from Teen Titans. He is totally useless in every single battle. The others always have to pick up his slack, it seems.

Have you seen the season opener for this season? Beastboy messes up Slade pretty back, and even surprises him a few times. Usually it's not that Beastboy can't do it, it's that he's knocked out of a different form and doesn't have time to get into a new one.

abunaidesu
8th August 2004, 12:05 AM

1 - i dunno hehe
2 - i dont have one hehe
3 - none hehe

Krystalline Kabutops
8th August 2004, 09:40 AM

Sand-Man. Yeah, I know he's a villain, but still.... "Beware me, or I shall..... ummm..... get sand in your sandwich?"

Raven from TT, methinks.

Spider-Girl. She's hot, AND has teh best powers, in my opinion :>

Prodigy
9th August 2004, 01:28 AM
With regards to all this anti-Batman sentiment, the Something Awful forums had a thread a while back in which this guy was saying that "Batman isn't a superhero", which was swiftly followed by an ton of responses in favor of the Dark Knight. I don't know much about comics, but by the time I was through reading Batman was firmly re-established as a total badass in my book. Even if he isn't your favorite I don't see how you can claim he's the "worst" superhero.

Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1153984

Selected quotes:

"What makes Batman super? He's doing incredible things and he's just a regular man with a will of steel. That makes a man super, if you ask me. Whatever he does, it's all him. None of this ****ing radioactivity bull****. Spider-Man doesn't even want to be Spider-Man. The Hulk spends half of the time being evil. But Batman, Batman chooses to be Batman and he goes out everynight being Batman. Now that's super."

"He's the best hero humanity has to offer. All the others are beneath him, have been modified, or have alien/mystical origins. He's 100% human and takes on villains that level meta-humans every other week. Batman is the best there is, he made himself that way throught hard work, no one can beat him, and he knows it. He knows how to destroy everyone he has met, ally or enemy."

"Batman has a file on the other superheroes, and how to **** them royally. If he doesn't have a file on them that means they can never possibly be stopped, and if that's the case, then that superhero sucks as a character. Superman would wail on him in a fistfight, but Batman would never let it come down to that. Batman doesn't fight fair, and there's no reason why he should have to. He will **** with your weakness just as it's meant to be ****ed with, and then take you out. If Batman isn't a superhero, then neither are any of the guys he could beat."

"Batman is supposedly the fittest/smartest/whatever human in the world, not just rich. In the pen and paper RPGs he has the maximum stats that a non-mutated/augmented/supernatural/alien can have."

"Over all Batman is the ultimate human. With all the cash in the world to not be concerned about he has all the latest toys, gimmicks and gadgets to help him get ahead. He has trained with so many different fighting styles that he can take you down easy and he has been through the ringer. From getting bashed up every five issues to getting is back busted in half to come back from that and keep fighting. Batman is the ultimate detective. If all this doesn't make him a superhero, I don't want to know what he is lacking."

"Batman can go toe-to-toe with the same villians that no one other than superheroes can. Would you say that a normal person could fight the various rogues in Batman's gallery? Of course not! Batman is the pinnacle of human cunning, strength, intelligence and fearlessness, and thoguh individually they can be present in a "normal" human, Batman's honing of every bit of his being to this apex has elevated him above the classifications of a "normal" human."

"I think you forget how ****ing rich Bruce Wayne is and what kind of toys he has his companies developing. His BatJet (dont doubt the fact he has one) is probably far more advanced than any military jet. Do you think that batman has not considered the possibility he might face a large conventional army? He probably has a Mecha army and a bunch of nukes stashed somewhere just in case. That is just the kind of guy he is."

"Batman's biggest strength is his ingenuity. I really do think that he is at the core smarter than any other superhero or villain in the world, because he HAS to use his intelligence to take them down. Intelligence and money is what he has. Also an incredible physique for a normal human who isn't getting any younger."

"Batman, like ALL other DC heroes, is exteremely overpowered. Most people don't seem to realise just how bad it is with him because of the whole 'oh he's only human so he's great' feeling. He's the world's greatest detective, master of a about a billion martial arts, a millionaire playboy and a brilliant scientist who just happens to have own a huge R&D firm. If he was just a cunning, skilled fighter in a suit (like his Squadron Supreme/Supreme Power rip-off), I'd like him for the reasons already presented in this thread, but he's not. He's almost as 'super' as Superman."

"He's the pinnacle of human achievement, and the world's greatest detective. They don't let any ordinary schmoe into the JLA."

Crystal Mew
9th August 2004, 01:40 AM
1. mermaid man and barnacle boy. :lol: jk, those are spongebob super heros... I've never been a fan of batman really

2. spiderman, and superman :yes:

3. spiderman, not that I read comics

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th August 2004, 05:53 AM

1.) Captain America. Can a superhero be any more unoriginal?
2.) The 60s Batman, Adam West always made me laugh.
3.) I never read superhero comic books.

RedStarWarrior
9th August 2004, 08:07 AM
The male Wonder Twin. He could turn into a form of water only. That is so retarded.

Green Lanturn, no particular reason.

3. Who's your favourite comic book character?
Richie Rich...*shrugs*

The Muffin Man
9th August 2004, 02:02 PM
The male Wonder Twin. He could turn into a form of water only. That is so retarded.

"Form of, a Venusian Dragon-tiger!*Becomes a giant beast with massive claws and teeth*"
"Shape of, an ice cube! OH GOD I'M MELTING!!!"

master_alka
25th August 2004, 03:28 PM
<1:flash and spider man

<2:storm, beast and havok from x-men

<3:don't read much comics...

FireBlast
25th August 2004, 03:37 PM
1. I don't know... Batman, I guess.

2. Spiderman !

3. I don't really read comic books.

kainashi
27th August 2004, 12:47 AM
1. robin. captain america got kind of lame too.
2. batman, i guess.
3. spiderman/wolverine.

cd
27th August 2004, 05:49 PM
1. superman
2. the hulk
3. the hulk

DarkPsychicCharizard
27th August 2004, 07:01 PM
1. I was never very fond of Spiderman. My dislike to him grew when the movies came out. Man, that guy is such a dork. In a bad way.

2. I love The Flash. He's awesome, with his neat superpower and the fact that he's just damn funny. =) I'm also rather fond of Beast Boy.

3. The Flash, again. I've never liked superhero comics, but The Flash just captured me.

DarkTemplarZ
27th August 2004, 10:17 PM
1) Toss up between Hulk and Captain America. Hulk is just so stupid and cheap. He's 50 feet tall with infinite strength and can heal himself, and he can jump. That is just impossible and how could he lose to anyone with powers like that? Captain America because... yeah he's Captain America, he sucks.

2) Silver Surfer's my home boy. I also like Colossus and Batman, mainly because of the old TV show (the funniest TV show ever, it's so lame and melodramatic and the theme song is SO BAD!) and because Val Kilmer is the coolest actor.

3) Definitely Silver Surfer

PNT510
27th August 2004, 10:48 PM
1. Superman, he's so boring. "Oh, look at me, I have every ****ing power ever." The only thing good about him is the villians are cool sometimes.
2. Spider-Man
3. I'd say Spider-Man or Spawn. I'm a big fan of Ultimate Wolverine too.

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:28 AM
1. SUPERMAN
2. uh, none, but if i had to pick it would be SPIDERMAN
3. i don't read comics :mad: