PDA

View Full Version : Episode 362 (AG 088) - Banana-Namakero Garden's Kabigon (Merged)

Animelee
30th July 2004, 02:43 AM
*Kabigon = Snorlax
*Namakero = Slakoth

Pretty sure I mixed up the words in the episode title...

So it seems Satoshi and his friends arrive at a banana garden, owned by a man who looks like Alfred from Batman. This man seems to own a herd of Namakero, which seems to have a leader Namakero. Basically, their garden is taken over by a Kabigon who's eating all the bananas, and it's up to the leader Namakero, with proper guidance from his Trainer, to either drive out the Kabigon, or get it in a Monster Ball.

Has anyone noticed that they're bringing back a lot of previous characters, or episode themes? AG 086 was about a movie featuring Pokémon, like that late-Kanto episode. Then AG 087 is about Pokémon from space, like three previous episodes (two from Kanto, one from Johto). Then we have this one, which is pretty much exactly like an episode from Orange, where Satoshi caught himself a Kabigon. Haruka seems to be this region's Satoshi, and I swear, if they make Haruka get Kabigon, I will be very upset. Her last slot is reserved for Waninoko/Totodile, and no one else. :P

Thoughts?

Edit: After watching the preview again, it looks as if "Alfred" is a visitor to that garden, and ends up guiding the leader Namakero in a battle against Kabigon. I'm not sure...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hanada Tattsu
30th July 2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the preview, Animelee. Beat me to it. :/

But anyways, I doubt May will get Snorlax. But I do see either her or Ash getting Slakoth. This also seems like a Bulbasaur- type episode. I think. Well, sorta. Even if Alfred is a visitor to the garden. I hope Ash, May, or Brock (or even Masato-san) get Slakoth.

Rudoku
30th July 2004, 10:07 AM
I'm guessing the unknown move that Kabigon/Snorlax uses is either Snore or Yawn. I've never seen those moves in the anime, so I may be wrong.

Chris 2.1
30th July 2004, 11:15 AM
Flannery's Slugma had yawn, but I'm unsure how it looks. That pink bubble does suit the idea of yawn I guess.

If anyone, Max deserves Slakoth. Why? Because May needs something a bit better, something unique, instead of the same Pokemon as her father.

I think we can agree that nobody will catch it, although we'd best wait until thursday.

Anyway, sounds like a waste of 30mins (or 26.7, whatever)....I guess jus cos we've had some evo's recently we need to water down the eps...*shrugs*.

Gaborn
30th July 2004, 03:32 PM
I loved the episodes featuring Snorlax during the Indigo and Orange leagues, so this one will definitely bring back good memories.

Snorlax was using Yawn. It looks exactly like the Yawn Slugma used during the gym battle, but with a few more bubbles.

My Prediction - Max will be amazed by something regarding pokemon.

Animelee
30th July 2004, 05:41 PM
I totally forgot that Magmug/Slugma used Yawn in the fourth Hoenn Gym battle! I just checked to make sure, and you guys are right, it's Yawn -- which explains why Haruka and Satoshi fall asleep.

Hanada Tattsu
30th July 2004, 08:16 PM
I guess Masato could get Slakoth. May couldn't really use it in a contest (though in the games its great for pretty much all of them except Beauty) but Max could train it. But still, is Masato/Max suited for training Pokemon?

Adamant
8th August 2004, 09:54 AM
Yeah. A decent episode. Better than most Johto fillers, but that doesn't have to say much.

Here's a brief summary:

The group reaches the Banana-Namakero garden, some kind of zoo/amusement park. Oddly enough, there aren't any guests there, so they decide to check it out. They meet a guy named Monkey (haha), who explain that a Kabigon somehow got into the park, and is now ruining everything by eating all the bananas. Satoshi wants to help out, and fights the Kabigon with his Pikachu, but Kabigon puts everybody to sleep with his yawn attack.
The Rockets appear as well, trying to catch Kabigon, but it uses Yawn in it's sleep and knocks them out as well. Satoshi consults Prof. Ookido, and they eventually agree (after a cameo by Satoshi's Kabigon) to evolve one of the Namakero into a Yarukimono and have it fight Kabigon. Monkey asks for a volunteer, and gets one, and after a few training battles with Satoshi's Pikachu, Kortoise and Juptor (who were probably rigged, like in the Paras episode), it evolves. It then challenges Kabigon to a battle, and manages to counter the Yawn attack by attacking the bubbles with it's claws. It then get some good hits in, and wins. Monkey throws a Monster Ball, and Kabigon is captured. And so, everyone is happy, and the park is opened again. As for Kabigon? Monkey uses him and his yawn attack to help people sleep in some kind of clinic. Appearantly, a lot of people in the area have trouble falling asleep.
And so, Satoshi-tachi continues on their way to Minamo City.

Chris 2.1
8th August 2004, 10:16 AM
Hey, nice summary! That sounds like a pretty good episode, and the guy was called Monkey? ^^ Craaaazy.

Nice to hear from Oak and Snorlax again...and it's weird how Slakoth/Vigoroth had an episode....but it sounds pretty awesome!

Pewter City Geodude
13th August 2004, 01:58 AM
Hopefully Zak doesn't see this, he didn't want to know about it until he wrote the guide, but I caught a pretty stupid animation error in this episode. May scanned Snorlax, but when it showed a closeup of the Pokedex, Ash's hand was holding it. -_-

Hanada Tattsu
19th August 2004, 01:27 PM
This sounds like a filler - and don't compare it with the Paras episode in Kanto, because that wasn't cliche. This can be better compared with the Poochyena episode at the beginning of the season.