PDA

View Full Version : Why does he remind me of Yugi?

Darien Shields
8th August 2004, 12:39 PM
Why does the hero of Colosseum remind me so much of Yugimoto from "Yu-Gi-Oh"? I mean Yugi when he's you know, posessed, or whatever (you know, whenever he plays cards that pyramid on his neck jiggles and he's suddenly on the other side of puberty), as opposed to when he's a big dork.

I thought the Col. guy looked familiar for a while, but it was only now that I could put my finger on it.

Incidentally, does the Colosseum hero have a name? I've forgotten it if he does.

andyizcool
8th August 2004, 12:59 PM
Incidentally, does the Colosseum hero have a name? I've forgotten it if he does.
The first name on the default list is normally the default name. Some people said his name was Leo from the Japanese Version or something.

I don't think the Hero on Pokemon Colosseum looks like Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh and I watch Yu-Gi-Oh every Sunday. :sweat4:

mr_pikachu
8th August 2004, 05:33 PM
The Colosseum hero's name is Wes, if you're using the first default name.

I see what you mean about his attitude, but he still doesn't seem quite like Yugi to me. If possible, he actually seems a bit darker.

And andyizcool, you watch YGO on Sunday? I didn't think it aired on Sunday anywhere...

Poryhedron
8th August 2004, 05:34 PM
I, on the other hand, have only ever seen one episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, and yet I can sorta see what you're talking about. It's not the appearance...it's the facial expression. He's got that "I'm more experienced and worldly than a kid with this body ought to be" look.

andyizcool
8th August 2004, 05:58 PM
And andyizcool, you watch YGO on Sunday? I didn't think it aired on Sunday anywhere...
It is on Channel 3 in the UK and you can't beat the boring morning cartoons.

I liked the effect of the main character on Pokemon Colosseum how he had the windy cape blowing behind him and the cool hair style. I can see where you're getting the idea of Yami Yugi from now.

Razola
8th August 2004, 06:46 PM
I liked the effect of the main character on Pokemon Colosseum how he had the windy cape blowing behind him and the cool hair style. I can see where you're getting the idea of Yami Yugi from now.
http://money.cnn.com/2002/12/04/news/yugioh/yugi.03.jpg
If this is your idea of cool hair style, then I hope you're simultaneously killed by both the Cliché Police and the vengeful spirits of the Fab Five in a grisly shootout.

Yoh Asakura
13th September 2004, 03:30 PM
It is on Channel 3 in the UK and you can't beat the boring morning cartoons.

It's on every day on Nick at 6pm, then on Sat & Sun at 8:30am and on Sky1 9am and 9:30am on Saturday, Sunday it's on at 9am, and on at 10:30am on SkyMix Sat & Sun.

Red Angel
2nd October 2004, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE="Darien Shields"]Why does the hero of Colosseum remind me so much of Yugimoto from "Yu-Gi-Oh"?[QUOTE]

It's probably either a)the 20-litres-of-gell hair, b)the random stupidity, c)that all the games either one appears in are underwhelming at best or d)both are past due to roll over and die like good expendable franchise mascots.