PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do they know? oO

Perfect Chaos
8th August 2004, 02:53 PM
Yah, the poll is, do your parents know about TPM?

My answer: No, if they did, they'd probably take my computer away from me, but I feel that it's worth the risk coming on here anyways ;)

-$∑@π

kainashi
8th August 2004, 02:58 PM
no, parents don't know about tpm, nor do they care. :)

abunaidesu
8th August 2004, 03:01 PM
my dad doesnt know what i do on the computer

nor will he ever :sweatdrop:

Yoh Asakura
8th August 2004, 03:05 PM

Posting with the exact same thing.

abunaidesu
8th August 2004, 03:10 PM

posting in agreement lol hehe

Kirei
8th August 2004, 03:17 PM
My parents know, since I had to explain where I met Ade, lol! :196:

FTorchicX
8th August 2004, 03:19 PM
No they do not, because I turn off the computer screen every time they come into my room (I don't really care if they see it anymore, it's just a habit that I haven't been able to get rid of).

kainashi
8th August 2004, 03:21 PM
My parents know, since I had to explain where I met Ade, lol! :196:i bet that makes for a glorious conversation, huh? :D

Kris
8th August 2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah mine know but they dont really care

Cheesey
8th August 2004, 04:33 PM
My parents vaguely know I go to a big forum with a name like 'The Pokemasters' but they wouldn't be able to tell you what the site was if you asked them. What I'm trying to say is that they know I go here, but they don't know anything about it. Basically they don't really care. =P

homeofmew
8th August 2004, 04:51 PM
Mine do they think it's good for writing and conversation skills
blah blah blah. I am over 18 now so it doesn't matter :O!

mr_pikachu
8th August 2004, 05:24 PM
They know. I even talk to them about stuff like political threads in Miscellaneous, writing contests in Fanfic, etc. My mom was actually proud of me for winning the contests, rather than disgusted with me for spending so much time on TPM. ^_^

Agent Elrond
8th August 2004, 05:26 PM
I think they know, sometimes I refer to the silly debates from misc infront of them and have to explain where they came from.

In short, they know only because I keep reminding them, otherwise they'd forget in about two days. So they don't really care. >.<

Ta. :wave:

PS100
8th August 2004, 05:59 PM
They used to know... Whether or not they remember, I have no idea.

PS

phaedrus
8th August 2004, 07:38 PM
They know it exists, but they don't know what I post.

So I'm ok, for the moment.

Little_Pikachu
8th August 2004, 07:47 PM
My mom knows that I come to a forum, I don't think she's really interested in what it's about though. Sometimes when she's drunk she'll come in and ask what I'm up to and I'll tell her "It's that pokemon forum" and she tries to read Raz's debates.
I don't think my dad would care what I'm doing unless it was related to his football team.

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2004, 08:16 PM
My whole family knows about this place cause I told them. They're ok with me liking Pokemon and are actually proud of me of being a mod. I've told them about my (and others) tribulations of restarting ASB and I explained the Battle Range process to my dad (he actually likes the concept of AC/CC). It's kinda weird and embarrassing but as long as I like Pokemon and TPM, they'll leave me alone

Zak
8th August 2004, 08:23 PM
My whole family knows about this place cause I told them. They're ok with me liking Pokemon and are actually proud of me of being a mod. I've told them about my (and others) tribulations of restarting ASB and I explained the Battle Range process to my dad (he actually likes the concept of AC/CC). It's kinda weird and embarrassing but as long as I like Pokemon and TPM, they'll leave me alone

Not to mention you needed their permission to meet us :D and how else would you have explained?

Anyway, yeah, my parents know about TPM, they know I visit a bunch of forums. I had to explain to them when it seemed like OMG I AM GONNA MEET A RANDOM PERSON FROM THE INTERNET WHO MIGHT BE AN AXE MURDERER. Basically I can't exactly imagine an axe murderer wasting his/her time at a Pokemon board, but that's not the reason. They also know I'm part of an online community, that being this one.

~Zak

Zalika
8th August 2004, 08:49 PM
Not sure if I ever told them or not....

They wouldn't care anyways. Actually, they probably don't even know what a message board even IS.

They know I talk to people all over the world on instant messenger, so I highly doubt this would bother them. They don't even mind the fact that ALL my friends are online. -_-

~Zalika :scared:

Crystal Mew
8th August 2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I think so o.o; back when I was 15, and we just got the internet for the first time, I asked her if I could join a message board, and she said no. then I showed her tpm, and I'm like 'whats so bad about it?' then she said I could, but they closed down the registrations :mad2: so yeah, my mom knew about this place, and she knows how many posts I have (lol) well, used to anyways, and yeah, now I don't ask her to join message boards, because she trusts me, and I guess she though talking to people who liked pokemon was bad ?_? she still comes by here and sees me on *shrugs*

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th August 2004, 05:20 AM
My mother knows nothing about computers. She wouldn't know what a forum is even if she sees it. So the answer is no.

RedStarWarrior
9th August 2004, 10:45 AM
Mine is a little different. They do know, but they don't care.

Lady Vulpix
9th August 2004, 11:03 AM
I've told my dad a little about TPM, which he probably doesn't remember. My mom, on the other hand, knows quite a lot about it.

Bulbasaur4
9th August 2004, 11:13 AM
They don't really know... last time they saw a posting screen, my mother asked what it was and I said it was my email. :D

The reason being, is my parents are literally the most protective parents on the face of the planet when it comes to internet. My mother asks me at least twice a day what I'm doing on the computer, and she'll pry. Example:

"What are you doing?"
"I'm typing some thing up."
"What are you typing?"
" A story."
" What story?"
"A story on an email."
"To who?"
"To a person."
"What person?... "

Etc.. etc..
Andif I don't want to show or tell her, she gets all like, "What are you doing you don't want me to see?" However, they don't like the idea of you talking to anyone that you don't know on the internet. I think it's crazy, and last time I joined a board they made me quit. So.. .yeah... been here since 6th - 7th grade.. I'm in 12th now... I'm pretty good at keeping things quite.

Plus they're technology handicapped, so it's all nice.

youdontknowme
9th August 2004, 08:02 PM
My parents wouldn't even know what TPM is even if I showed them or if they sat and watched me. :P

EmpressMyuu
9th August 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, they know about TPM. They know about some of the friends I have here. They also know about other boards I go to. I even have an online friend from England on another board, and I tell my dad about him all the time.

So it's pretty obvious my dad knows what boards I go on.

cd
10th August 2004, 01:43 AM
no they don't :eek:

firepokemon
11th August 2004, 04:28 PM
My parents kinda know. I think they'd be shocked if they saw some of the stuff I said. Like when I said my mother is dead. They'd be truly disgusted with all the lies I said.

Syberia
11th August 2004, 06:26 PM
They probably know, but I'm not really sure if they do or not. I've never told them, but I'm sure they've seen me visiting this place a time or two. It's not like I try to hide it from them or anything, I know they don't care. They trust me enough to decide for myself if whoever I'm talking to is going to come to my house with a chainsaw and murder me in my sleep (and so far I'm glad to say I don't think any of you will, though Little_Pikachu might come close :P). After all, we pretty much had to have that discussion when I started getting "mysterious" phone calls from a certain girl here, and "mysterious" calls to Texas also started appearing on the phone bill. I was actually really surprised when my parents said they didn't care. So yeah, they know I talk to, and have even dated, people online, but I don't know if they know about TPM specifically or not.

Jay
1st September 2004, 01:03 AM
my mum does and she doesn't care. i haven't told my dad as i have had no need to

FireBlast
1st September 2004, 05:33 AM
My parents don't know. If they would they would point and laugh at me for coming to a Pokemon forum.

Edit:

and are actually proud of me of being a mod.

lol...

shazza
1st September 2004, 05:39 AM
my mum knew but she's dead :mad:

my dad knows i post on a forum.

Ninetales3001
3rd September 2004, 07:51 AM
My parents use to know about TPM like 4 years ago, but now they probably don't even know what Pokemon is anymore. :P

Pichu
3rd September 2004, 01:14 PM
No they do not, because I turn off the computer screen every time they come into my room (I don't really care if they see it anymore, it's just a habit that I haven't been able to get rid of).

My parents will kill me if I did that. :x

Anyway, they know that I go to a pokémon forum, because I was here posting stuff, and they walked in and I didn't care and continued working on posting.

midnightangel
3rd September 2004, 01:18 PM
Since I'm an adult my mom knows I go to a couple of forums but she doesn't know what kind of forums they are
As long as I'm not interrupting any of her shows my mom doesn't bother me too much about where I go anyway *shrugs* ;)

aragornbird
3rd September 2004, 01:50 PM

Yeah, same here with my dad. He's always looking at my computer screen trying to see what I'm doing. It's so annoying! :mad2:

DarkPsychicCharizard
3rd September 2004, 05:39 PM
My parents are aware of the fact that I go to a couple of message boards, but they don't know about this one. They don't really care about it, either.

Chikoo
3rd September 2004, 05:52 PM
No, they do not know. Would they care? :no: