PDA

View Full Version : YGO Movie Promo Reviews

SWAMPERT1
8th August 2004, 10:31 PM
Blue Eyes Shining Dragon(Light/Dragon/Effect)
Attack:3000/ Defense:2500
Level: 10
Top Left Card (http://www.pictor.co.il/lils22/111214/2551077.jpg)
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned, except by offering one "Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon" on your side of the field as a tribute. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each dragon type monster in your graveyard. You can also negate the effect of spells, traps and monster effects that designate this card.

Cant see HOW this thing will work considering for one, unless you have a lot of dragons in your graveyard its attack will not beat the Blue Eyes Ultimate Draogn and two, we don稚 even HAVE Blue Eyes White Dragon here yet. I guess BEUD will either come out in a) The Movie, b)Shonen Jump Promo or c)DS Game. Right Now it gets 0/10 for not being able to be used but when BYUD comes out, we値l talk.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic(Dark/Spellcaster/Effect)
Attack:3200/ Defense:2800
Level: 9
Top Right Card (http://www.pictor.co.il/lils22/111214/2551077.jpg)
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned exept by offering 2 lvl 6 or higher Spellcaster type monsters on your side of the field as a tribute. As long as this card remains face up on the field you can negate the activation of a trap card and destroy them.

Jinzo effect if you want it to happen so not to bad BUT, the two level 6 Monsters are not worth it. May work in DDark Magician Decks but I would not use it. 3/10, NEXT

Watapon(Light/Fairy/Effect)
Attack:200/ Defense:300
Level: 1
If this card is added to your hand from your Deck by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Monster Card, you can Special Summon this card on your side of the field.

Great MORE Chaos Bait. Actually this is the ONLY Decant card in the Promos and may become a card I may want to get. Pot of Greed this thing than sack it for a Jinzo will probably be the most used combo for this. I値l give this a 7/10.

Pyramid of Light (TRAP)
If this face-up card is removed from your side of the field, destroy "Andro Sphinx" and "Sphinx Teleia" on your side of the field and remove them from play.

Crap unless its in a Sphinx deck and so far the Sphinx Cards are not that hot. 3/10.

Yoh Asakura
9th August 2004, 12:25 PM
They're all totally crap.

The BESD seems so/so. A little OTT with it's effect. Indestructable card, unless a higher attack mon hits it.

SWAMPERT1
10th August 2004, 12:03 AM
Raigeki can own BESD though. Oh but when the restrictions come out then, ya your right.

mr_pikachu
10th August 2004, 01:10 AM
Raigeki can own BESD though. Oh but when the restrictions come out then, ya your right.

Erm... I believe that Raigeki would be considered a "spell", and could be negated as such.

BESD seems really uber-powerful, especially in Dragon decks. It could even run rampant in non-Dragon decks that use the BEWD, just because of its killer effect. Way too powerful though. Every Yu-Gi-Oh player and their mother will be using the BESD before long, I'll bet. *groans*

P.S. btw, your link doesn't work for me. Are you certain that it's the right web page? :confused:

EDIT: Whoops! I thought it was BEWD that had to be sacrificed, not the Ultimate Dragon. That makes it a bit harder. Still, it could be deadly in combos with... err... that one monster that Special Summons fusion monsters. (It costs 5000 LP, but it could be worth it.) You know which one I mean, right?

Tash
10th August 2004, 02:52 AM
BESD is a bit too strong. I guess Upperdeck decided to balence it by making it unplayable -_-

Even so, Reigaki doesn't designate BESD, it designates all of your opponent's monsters, doesn't it?... (I don't know, I don't follow rulings)

Nace
10th August 2004, 05:17 AM
No, raigeki would hit BESD. IMO sorcerer of dark magic might be almost playable in a DMOC deck, what with the incredible speed at which they can be summoned with monster reborn an' such, but why bother?. Watapon looks okay too.

SWAMPERT1
10th August 2004, 11:57 AM
Oh shit sorry guys i guess I didnt write all of it down, it actually are S/T/E that Specifically effect IT. Sorry for my mistake, Ill fix it ASAP.

Yoh Asakura
10th August 2004, 12:27 PM
Well in that case, every single card in there sucks. What a waste, they could of released something really good rather then total garbage.

mr_pikachu
10th August 2004, 02:16 PM
That's why I always copy the text down word for word. It really helps.

Yeah, BESD is a bit more vulnerable if Spells/Traps/Effects that target multiple monsters are used. And since almost every deck nowadays has a bunch of cards like Raigeki, Mirror Force, etc., that's a big issue. With that situation, I'd almost rather leave the Ultimate Dragon out and just protect it with Magic Jammers and the like. Unless I knew my opponent only had cards to target specific monsters, of course. But then, how often is that going to happen? :rolleyes;

Yoh Asakura
10th August 2004, 02:20 PM
None of the cards there are even worth build a deck around.

Unlike the other cards such as Rare Metal Dragon, Petan, etc ((They're in PP7 for all us Japanese duellists ;)))

Mew Master
15th August 2004, 04:11 PM
So far the cards are... so-so. The BESD would be better if run properly when the BEUD ever comes out. The Exclusive Packs give out a better combination of creatures and an interesting Trap. One of my friends got it and he's being kinda a brat and won't trade me for stuff for my Kaiba Deck (Which isn't too bad, just missing a few pieces here and there).

Also, did any of you SEE the movie. One effect they didn't give the BESD ont he card was the Super Nova effect that Kaiba and Yugi both used at least three times. Also, they actually had the card vitals on the cards when they used them, not just a picture on a colored background like they do in the anime. That was a plus. Some cards they may actually come out with (maybe in promos or something) Could be the Deck Destruction Virus (thank god the Crush Card name was dropped) might soon be out, but restricted severly due to the fact that it's broken in several places.... but still.

The movie promos are okay... a friend of mine managed to get a playset of each because of the fact that they were just GIVING them out in bundles of 20. I only got two BESD and one of each of the other three.. When I actually get some money I'm gonna go buy at least 3 or 4 packs fo the Exclusives so I can get some cards that I need for my Kaiba Deck ^^

Later.

Orion
15th August 2004, 05:59 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, the Movie Promos are OK.

Blue-Eyes Shinning Dragon is the least playable of the lot. Yeah, you can use Cyber Stein and bring BEUD, but you'd rather use the Megamorph combo than bringing the Shinning Dragon. Plus, for the same stats as BEWD, we get a weaker power-up and an effect that, even if strong, is still outmatched. If only this card had been like Different Dimension Dragon (Unnafected by non-targeting effects.), it would've been awesome, but the way it's now... if you want a boost from Dragons, try Dark Paladin or even Buster Blader... they just blew it with this card.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic, now THAT's something. Yep, it can't be revived, and can't be searched, but think it's a Jinzo in huge Steroids and with Amplifier integrated. Two Lv. 6 or higher Spellcasters is not much of a trouble (Magical Scientist and Chaos Sorcerer, anyone?), and for that small payout, we get a 3200 powerhouse that can negate Traps at will! I say Horus Lv. 8 best friend (Horus is a japanese card coming in Sould of the Duelist Soon. It has the ability of negate Magics/Spells at will. Has 3000 ATK, Dragon/Fire). The Sorcerer is just awesome, and I'll try one or two, if I get them.

Watapon...might seem like crap, but it's another of the few cards that appeared first on the Anime/Manga that actually got better and not worse. Whenever you get it by an effect, you Special Summon it to the field. A new must-search for Sangan and Witch, and awesome Tribute bait. Plus Chaos fodder, what else could you ask for?

Pyramid of Light might seem like sh** again, but it helps Sphinx Decks completely. With this, Teleia and Andro can be summoned at the small cost of 500 LP each. Now, read Teleia and Andro: They can't be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. The Pyramid is actually HELPING you. Summon both, destroy the Pyramid, they get Destroyed (There, you can pay 500 and bring Theinen) and then are removed from play.You have Theinen, play Return from the Different Dimensionor Dimension Fusion and bring Teleia and Andro back. Try to hang on for a turn if you used Dimension Fusion... Teleia, Andro and Theinen on your field. That's enough to spell "game" at your opponent, and even better, pay 500 to make Theinen a 6500 for 1 turn. then, just look at your opponent pleading for misericordy!:badsmile:

Those cards aren't bad at all. If you play right and if you add them in the right Decks, they can kick some arses. The only one that earned to be better was BESD... too bad.

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 08:42 AM
Blue Eyes Shining Dragon(Light/Dragon/Effect)
Attack:3000/ Defense:2500
Level: 10
Top Left Card (http://www.pictor.co.il/lils22/111214/2551077.jpg)
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned, except by offering one "Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon" on your side of the field as a tribute. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each dragon type monster in your graveyard. You can also negate the effect of spells, traps and monster effects that designate this card.

Cant see HOW this thing will work considering for one, unless you have a lot of dragons in your graveyard its attack will not beat the Blue Eyes Ultimate Draogn and two, we don稚 even HAVE Blue Eyes White Dragon here yet. I guess BEUD will either come out in a) The Movie, b)Shonen Jump Promo or c)DS Game. Right Now it gets 0/10 for not being able to be used but when BYUD comes out, we値l talk.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic(Dark/Spellcaster/Effect)
Attack:3200/ Defense:2800
Level: 9
Top Right Card (http://www.pictor.co.il/lils22/111214/2551077.jpg)
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned exept by offering 2 lvl 6 or higher Spellcaster type monsters on your side of the field as a tribute. As long as this card remains face up on the field you can negate the activation of a trap card and destroy them.

Jinzo effect if you want it to happen so not to bad BUT, the two level 6 Monsters are not worth it. May work in DDark Magician Decks but I would not use it. 3/10, NEXT

Watapon(Light/Fairy/Effect)
Attack:200/ Defense:300
Level: 1
If this card is added to your hand from your Deck by the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Monster Card, you can Special Summon this card on your side of the field.

Great MORE Chaos Bait. Actually this is the ONLY Decant card in the Promos and may become a card I may want to get. Pot of Greed this thing than sack it for a Jinzo will probably be the most used combo for this. I値l give this a 7/10.

Pyramid of Light (TRAP)
If this face-up card is removed from your side of the field, destroy "Andro Sphinx" and "Sphinx Teleia" on your side of the field and remove them from play.

Crap unless its in a Sphinx deck and so far the Sphinx Cards are not that hot. 3/10.
Blue eyes ultimate dragon will be here soon in the new packets, soul of the dulist, but it will be ultimate rare

SWAMPERT1
16th August 2004, 10:40 AM
Blue eyes ultimate dragon will be here soon in the new packets, soul of the dulist, but it will be ultimate rare
Were is the evidence? Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon will most likely be a Game Promo OR if they make a Structure Deck, It will be in there. MAYBE it might be in a 2005 Tin but probably not.

Yoh Asakura
16th August 2004, 12:18 PM
I'm shooting for a Promo also. It might be in a set since it's a PP card and the PP cards have been released slowly into sets.

And yes Swampy, we have a new idiot on the board. I see you've met him already x]

SWAMPERT1
16th August 2004, 01:01 PM
I still dont think that it will be released in a set. But hay, anything could happen because Black Luster + Ritual Spell was released in a STARTER DECK.

Maybe they will start releasing PP here because they seem to be getting the english game like the jpn game.

Yoh Asakura
16th August 2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah but Chaos Soldier wasn't a PP was it? It was a Dark Cera card.. oh yeah it was a PP2 aswell, and in a set.

Hmm yeah I guess.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic is really easy to summon. Scientist + Critch.