PDA

View Full Version : ~*Poll: LOL @ that commercial

Crystal Mew
9th August 2004, 01:08 AM
My mind was drawing a blank for the title...since I normally come up with a good title for polls...but anyways

1. What is the funniest commercial you have seen?

2. what is the lamest?

3. do you generally watch the commercials?

~*~

1. I would have to say that commercial on mtv...when the grandpa has a heart attack and falls on the ground, and after his family panics, he gets up laughing 'I punk'd you, I punk'd you all! you should have seen your faces' :laugh:

2. I hate all mc donalds commercials, they annoy me.

3. I don't actually "watch" them..most of the time I'm talking to someone else, or looking out the window, or reading during the commercials...but sometimes I just watch them, if I hear something interesting.

abunaidesu
9th August 2004, 04:18 AM
i dnt really consider any commercials "funny" but i like those commercials for six flags :) cant beat that old man

2. what is the lamest?
those ****ing commrecials for cabbage patch kids :mad2:

ya sure

kainashi
9th August 2004, 10:09 AM
1. the punk'd one with the old guy faking a heart attack.

2. most commercials.

3. no, i don't.

Tainted
9th August 2004, 10:09 AM

2. what is the lamest?

1) The funniest commercial in my eyes is that one that used to be on a while ago-- and they've got a mock of it in the movie 'Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle.'
There's this cool kid sitting with this not so cool kid, and the cool guy is smoking weed and he goes "C'mon, man, just take a hit."
So, the other guy eventually goes "Fine, man, just one." So he takes one hit and his eyes light up and he stands up, grabs a shotgun and goes "I'm so high! Nothing can hurt me!"
And the other guy goes "Noooo!"
And then you hear a gunshot and it fades to a black screen that says "MARIJUANA KILLS."

2) Anything else.

3) Not really.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

RedStarWarrior
9th August 2004, 10:37 AM
Honestly, I don't remember. I do enjoy watch that show, The World's Funniest Commercials You Haven't Seen and Some You Have. That is full of hilarious commercials.

2. what is the lamest?
Hmm...*shrugs*

No, I tend to change the channel.

FTorchicX
9th August 2004, 11:03 AM

Probably the Six Flags commercials with that old guy.

2. what is the lamest?

The one with this mom drinking some kind of drink, and then the kids like "hey mom, watch this! I can speak japanese by touching the T.V. while it's on a japanese channel!" and after he's done he says "Isn't that cool?" and then the mom says something like "Yes, but it's not <insert drink's name here>".

No

Zalika
9th August 2004, 11:54 AM

I always laugh when I see the Six Flags commercial with the old man dancing. The first time I seen it I was laughing for a good five minutes... :lol:

2. what is the lamest?

This is gecko, not geiko! *hates it* :evil:

Not unless it has that special attention grabbing aura...

~Zalika :scared:

phaedrus
9th August 2004, 12:06 PM
1. What is the funniest commercial you have seen? Um...that Visa commercial with Donald Trump, because it humiliates him in a way... :)

2. what is the lamest? Credit card commercials suck ass.

3. do you generally watch the commercials? If I feel like it

EDIT: STUMPED FOR IDEAS SO MEH :mad:

Yoh Asakura
9th August 2004, 01:09 PM
1. What is the funniest commercial you have seen? Australia's famous 'Bugger' commercial. Hehe

2. what is the lamest? Most.

3. do you generally watch the commercials? Depends if I can be bothered to turn over or not x]

Adz44
9th August 2004, 02:19 PM
1. Carling Lager. There was an advert with a man on a desert island trying to fix a fridge so that he could keep his beer cool. He struggles for a bit, but then a crab shows up and helps him. 'Just the two of us' is playing in the background. They both manage to fix the fridge and generate enough power to run it. At the end of the advert, the man is reclined on the chair drinking his beer. He also snaps a crab's claw off, which suggests he cooked the crab that helped him. Nice advert. lol That football one set in the middle ages was good, too.

2. "Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba, I'm loving it!" Yes, those bleeding McDonalds adverts! Those kiddies adverts get on my nerves as well (i.e. "These dolls have REAL hair!"). We get most toy adverts with the original american voiceovers, so most of you should be able to relate with that.

3. Can't really avoid them. It's a pleasure to see clever adverts, though.

Anju
9th August 2004, 02:23 PM
1. The one with the old man dancing or the quiznos commercials with those singing hamsters or whatever they are.

2. "man enhancement commercials" I hate them.

3. Yea, I watch commercials.

Da Fragger
9th August 2004, 04:43 PM
1) I'm with Raven on the Commercials show thingie. Seen it a few times, and I'd say it was pretty funny. Anyways, the only one that comes to mind now is that Jack in the Box commercial where some random guy is wearing a Jack hat, and keeps telling everyone he's Jack.

2) I hate those McDonald commercials. They are beyond suck.

3) No, not usually. Unless I am high or trying to cut myself (which means never).

NightBlaze
9th August 2004, 05:28 PM
1. The Aflak commericals with the duck makes me laugh, I dunno why...

2. Hmmm, this post can't possibly have enough room for me to type up every lame commercial.

3. Um, if they're on when I'm whatching something, I dunno...

darktyranitar
10th August 2004, 05:37 AM
1. There was an advertisement of Malaysian Idol(At my country). It showed a man driving his car, only to be stopped by a security guard. The next moment, he was singing a remix version of William Hung's "YMCA" song(I think that's the name)about getting a visitor pass.It was quite creative and funny.

2. Quite alot. And the Mac Donald advertisment really annoyed me, beyond sux.

3. I do when I'm watching something on TV.

Cheesey
10th August 2004, 02:29 PM
I honestly don't remember things like that. X_x; The only adverts that I ever remember are the ones on those "Most Hilarious Adverts" or "Adverts That You Never Saw" shows, and even those I tend to forget about. I have a bad memory with things like that. ^_^;

2. what is the lamest?
There's this one I keep seeing about a "Rainbow Art" set which is frankly annoying. You get this sponge brush thingy which can absorb different paints (holy cow!!) and then you can use it to paint rainbows IN JUST ONE STROKE!!1. I honestly am not impressed by it and the voiceover guy is so naff... "Get this now and your kids can have painting fun with all their friends!" Adverts like that generally annoy me, so... Meh. XD

Usually if there's an ad-break then I flick through the music channels until whatever it is I'm watching comes back on, but I watch them sometimes.

Water Pokemon Master
12th August 2004, 01:58 AM
There are a lot of funny commercials I have seen. My favorite would probably be the "Got Milk?" one where a man has never drank milk, and then his arms are ripped off when he lifts something. The children and mom who see what happens then start to chuck milk down their throats. Other funny ones would be the California cheese commericals with the cows.

2. what is the lamest?
Those stupid Prego and fake Ovaltine commercials.

Yeah.

Chickengod
12th August 2004, 02:21 AM
"Well, I got some good news for you."
"You can help me restore my hair?"
"No, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching over to Geico"

'Nuff said.

2. what is the lamest?
Those godawful Raymour and Flanigan commercials. Every time I hear that tune from 2001: A Space Odyssey on the radio I think it's going to be a Raymour and Flanigan commercial, and it almost always is.

No, HBO for me.

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:54 AM
1. i find pretty much all commercials to be lame
2. some QANTAS commercial, and i pretty much hate every car commercial. i think they forcefully try to make them lame
3. i alter the channel to something else when there is one

cd
1st September 2004, 05:16 AM
1. an ad where a guy is wearing a shirt saying 'worlds best street fighter' and is going up an elevator while a gang is going down the elevator next to him.

2. an ad advertising kids toys