PDA

View Full Version : Jirachi

mr_pikachu
10th August 2004, 12:55 AM
I just bought a starter deck with Jirachi, and I was unsure about one of its moves. Jirachi's first move is called "Make a Wish". Its text reads as follows:

Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) If you do, put one damage counter on Jirachi. Shuffle your deck afterward.

I have two questions about this. First of all, can this work in the same way as Pokemon Breeder, or does it have to be a direct evolution? (Example: Could I evolve Charmander straight to Charizard, or could I only evolve it to Charmeleon with this move?) Also, does it affect the number of times you can evolve a Pokemon in a turn, or is it exempt from this rule? (Example: Could I evolve a Bulbasaur into Ivysaur, and then use this move to evolve it to Venusaur?)

Thanks for your help in advance. :yes:

darktyranitar
10th August 2004, 04:51 AM
Hmm, never thought of this...

But I think you can't evolve a Basic to Stage 2 with the attack. The trick of evolving the Basic to Stage 1, then use Make a Wish and evolve it into a Stage 2 might me possible, I think.

And just to remind you any loyal TCG forum members, I can't afford to make cards report until early September. I have an important examination to take, but once I finished the exam, I will make back the cards report.
Cya :wave:

The Muffin Man
10th August 2004, 10:19 AM
"Evolves from that Pokemon" says it all. I.e Charmeleon says "evolves from Charmander". But Charizard says "Evolves from Charmeleon." So you have to evolve Charmander to Charmeleon.

And DT - It says it counts as evolving that Pokemon, so unfortunetly you can only do one of those in a turn.

Alec Trevelyan
10th August 2004, 07:19 PM
just as they said, you can only evolve 1 stage at once, one pokemon at once, no doubt

Roarkiller
12th August 2004, 06:17 AM
And DT - It says it counts as evolving that Pokemon, so unfortunetly you can only do one of those in a turn.

Ok, i may not be on the same frequency here, but ur worng there. U can evolve, say, a charmander into a charmeleon, then use Make a Wish to further evolve it nto charizard, no prob. Its the same as TR magikarp evolving into gyarados 1st turn.

The other question, yep, u can only evolve it into its next immediate stage, no jumping.

Water Pokemon Master
12th August 2004, 01:35 PM
And you can also use it's attack to evolve a Pokemon first turn, which was not the case a few weeks ago. :)

homeofmew
13th August 2004, 10:21 AM
if you have bulbasaur and then Ivysaur you can make a wish to venasaur.
you are evolving between turns I believe.

Roarkiller
13th August 2004, 10:38 AM
@homeofmew: No, its still during the turn. Ur turn only ends after all effects of attacks finish. And since the evolving is an effect, it takes place during the turn.

darktyranitar
20th August 2004, 03:44 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to give a combo.

Use Dunsparce Hit and Run, bring basics with a Jirachi, switch in the attack, make a wish to evolve the basic which you bring out earlier.