PDA

View Full Version : Team Magma Deck...HELP!

Rabid_Cow
10th August 2004, 12:17 PM
I just recently decided that my Charizard/Delcatty deck is gettin kind of boring and decided to branch out into some of the newer series. I read up about the Hidden Legends and Dragon sets, but I decided that the Team Magma/Aqua decks were a very cool concept. Where I play in tournaments they don't have series restrictions. (i.e. I can use base set cards w/any deck...)

I bought the starter Team Magma deck and made a few changes. I bought some boosters ($30 worth!) and made some changes. I took out all Rhyhorns and put in 2 Magma Conspirators and 2 Computer Searches. I then took out the 2 Schemers and put in Kangaskhans in their place. Took out the 2 energy searches and put in a Team Magma Ball and a Holo Houndoom. (# 10) I like the deck, but it just seems as thought it's not rolling like it should.

I'm open to any suggestions and I would greatly appreciate any help given. The only thing I'd like to keep is the theme of the deck and the types. I like the Fighting/Fire energy combo.

Thanks again!

Roarkiller
12th August 2004, 06:13 AM
Would be nice if u could list out the entire card list here. U cant assume that ppl here knows whats in that pre-con deck. And to tell u the truth, i dont think any of us do.

So, yeah :)

Rabid_Cow
12th August 2004, 09:25 AM
My bad. Didn't even think about that. You know what happens when I assume.....

Magma Poke (Card #)

3 Baltoy (60)
1 Baltoy (61)
2 Claydol (33)
4 Aron (58)
2 Lairon (36)
1 Aggron (7)
4 Houndour (62)
2 Houndoom (34)
1 Houndoom (10)
2 Groudon (9)

Non Magma

2 Kangaskhans

Trainers

2 Team Magma Hideout (Stadium Card)
2 Team Magma Schemer
2 Magma Conspirator
2 Team Magma Ball
2 Potion
2 Computer Search

Energy

16 Fighting
8 Fire

I took out the 2 extra Conspirators (I added) and put the schemers back in.

Again any help would be wonderful!

Water Pokemon Master
12th August 2004, 01:48 PM
Take out the entire Hound line. All the other Pokemon are Fighting and work together, whereas you can make a whole other deck using the Hounds.

24 Pokemon
3 Baltoy (60)
1 Baltoy (61)
3 Claydol (33)
3 Aron (5
3 Lairon (36)
3 Aggron (7)
2 Groudon (9)
4 Dunsparce
2 Kangaskhan

Trainers

16 Trainers
2 Team Magma Hideout (Stadium Card)
2 Team Magma Schemer
2 Magma Conspirator
3 Team Magma Ball
2 Potion
2 Computer Search
3 Pokemon Breeder

20 Fighting

I am assuming you are limited on the trainer cards.

homeofmew
13th August 2004, 10:18 AM
idea:

3 Maxie

4 TM Houndour
4 TM Houndoom (the one where you discard energy from ya deck and do like 150 damage)
Lots of fire.

Roarkiller
13th August 2004, 10:40 AM
idea:

3 Maxie

4 TM Houndour
4 TM Houndoom (the one where you discard energy from ya deck and do like 150 damage)
Lots of fire.

Houndoom = bad. U discard cards from ur deck, and unfortunately, if u discard anything except energy, ur juz decking urself.

homeofmew
13th August 2004, 11:34 AM
i know someone who plays a hondoom deck and they have like 45 energy, it works quite well..

Ultima Link
13th August 2004, 01:13 PM
if you're playing an unlimited format team magma deck, here is what you want:

Pokemon x18
4 Cleffa
4 Team Magma's Aron
1 Team Magma's Lairon
3 Team Magma's Aggron
3 Team Magma's Groudon
3 Team Magma's Zangoose

Trainers x26
4 Computer Search
3 Item Finder
3 Professor Oak
3 Rare Candy
3 Lass
3 Gold Berry
2 Focus Band
2 Gust of Wind
2 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Fisherman

Energy x16
12 Fighting Energy
4 Magma Energy

Roarkiller
14th August 2004, 01:42 AM
i know someone who plays a hondoom deck and they have like 45 energy, it works quite well..

Yes, but the above deck doesnt have 45 energy :)

@Ultima Link: The new ultimate combo is oracle/bill, which beats com.search hands down.

Rabid_Cow
14th August 2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your help, I just have a few questions. I haven't made any changes just yet cause I haven't gotten some of the cards. I think I will take out the Hound line, but I'm not sure I should also take out the Baltoy/Claydols. The Clay Pulse + Magma Hideout is awesome IMO. (Which neither are in the deck suggested by Ultima Link)

I'm also havin trouble gettin my hands on some Cleffas and Focus Bands. Both of which I could really use in this deck. Does anyone know of a website that I could purchase some from cheaply?

Thanks for your help.