PDA

View Full Version : Poll: "I Can't Believe It's Not Bologna!"

Starry Might
10th August 2004, 02:47 PM
http://www.undergroundnotes.com/wkett/starrymightspics/RudyPark-August8th2004.jpg
^- There's the inspiration for my latest poll (scanned from last Sunday's comics), and here's the actual poll:

(1) Which of the following have you eaten at least once in your life?:

* Tofu and/or stuff made from tofu?
* Stuff made from soy proteins (e.g. soy milk)?
* Stuff made from vegetables/vegetable proteins (e.g. Gardenburgers)?

Of course, the above list is anything but exhaustive when it comes to fake foods/food substitutes, but I wanted to keep this poll from being too broad. ANYWAY...

(2) Of the previously listed stuff you HAVE eaten, what'd you think of each one?

Me? Well, I'm not neccessarily a health nut or whatever, but I have eaten some of the previous foods several years back when my family tried to cut back on cholesterol. Anyway, here are my answers (I'm working from memory here):

(1) * Tofu and/or stuff made from tofu? - Nope!
* Stuff made from soy proteins (e.g. soy milk)? - Yep. I've drank Silk (which is soy milk).
* Stuff made from vegetables/vegetable proteins (e.g. Gardenburgers)? - Yep. I've eaten Gardenburgers before.

I've also had fake bacon before, but I can't remember if it was made of soy protein or veggies (or both). :notfunny:

(2) Chocolate Silk is quite delicious (but then again, chocolate makes EVERYTHING taste good, doesn't it? ;))...Vanilla Silk is just okay. Gardenburgers are okay if you drown 'em in ketchup (:P). The fake bacon was okayish, but the real thing is better, for sure (just like with the burgers).

And how 'bout you? :)

P.S. - If any Mods think that the comic strip at the beginning of my post is too big or something, I'll do something about it the first chance I get.

phaedrus
10th August 2004, 03:04 PM

* Tofu and/or stuff made from tofu? Quite often. Chinese foods abuse Tofu.
* Stuff made from soy proteins (e.g. soy milk)? Soy milk rocks my socks. Have it whenever my mom gets it.
* Stuff made from vegetables/vegetable proteins (e.g. Gardenburgers)? Veggie ham, sometimes.

Of course, the above list is anything but exhaustive when it comes to fake foods/food substitutes, but I wanted to keep this poll from being too broad. ANYWAY...

(2) Of the previously listed stuff you HAVE eaten, what'd you think of each one? Good stuff, except maybe the ham...

abunaidesu
10th August 2004, 04:39 PM
kinda often, as my dad makes good soup with it

once in a while

wtf?

(2) Of the previously listed stuff you HAVE eaten, what'd you think of each one?
*shrug*

youdontknowme
10th August 2004, 07:17 PM
Actually, I eat lots of tofu stuff 'cause I'm Asian :)

Drank soy milk before. It's not that bad.

Yummy :)

cd
11th August 2004, 01:17 AM
i havn't eaten any of the stuff listed and it doesn't sound very tasty :eek: :eek:

RedStarWarrior
12th August 2004, 01:21 AM
Yep. Good stuff!
Soy hotdogs taste like the real thing but you get more protein.
Mmmmm....gardenburgers.