PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a fanfic I am going to make...

Everoy
10th February 2003, 06:15 PM
I need characters...

story- In (Pallet Town, New Bark Town, or Littleroot), five pokemon trainers start thier journey. But Team Rocket has come back again-annd the son of Giovanni is thier leader. Their tasks are like getting all the badges, collecting all pokemon, and defeating Team rocket-for good. All suggestions considered!

Character-
Age-
Gender-
Looks-
Starting Pokemon-
Favorite type-

Rambunctious Jamirus
10th February 2003, 06:27 PM
Title:
The title has to do with the Fic. For example, we'll take one that wasn't thought over much (no offense SM) The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar has to do with an irrogant (sp?) Trainer and his Magmar through crazy times and lots of plot holes. Another example is Through Blind Eyes which deals with a Trainer who is blind going on her Trainer's journey. What are the people doing to make the Fic special in other words.

Starting Land:
Also with the personalities or with the Pokemon you want to use. For The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar, I believe it's set in Kanto region though I'm not sure. One of the best things to show your creativity is to make your own world. Make the names of the towns and the League, make the Gym Leaders, the amount of badges, whatever.

Characters:
This also deals with both title and Starting Land. Choose someone who is different, someone who just doesn't believe that the journey is just to be the best. Have someone with something to prove. In Through Blind Eyes, the character, Lisha, is trying to prove that she can make it through the Neaho League blind.
To make the story better, pick different personailties for each person, keeping it interesting. Ages should be different to show how the younger or older ones think and what their actions are.
Starting Pokemon need to match mostly the Trainer's personality or make it interesting and choose a wierd one. In The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar, Tyler managed to get a talking Magmar who, in all the readers opinion, is a lot smarter than his Trainer.

And people say I'm not helpful. *looks at the Fics she used as examples* I need to get out more often.

Everoy
10th February 2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Rambunctious Jamirus
Title:
The title has to do with the Fic. For example, we'll take one that wasn't thought over much (no offense SM) The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar has to do with an irrogant (sp?) Trainer and his Magmar through crazy times and lots of plot holes. Another example is Through Blind Eyes which deals with a Trainer who is blind going on her Trainer's journey. What are the people doing to make the Fic special in other words.

Starting Land:
Also with the personalities or with the Pokemon you want to use. For The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar, I believe it's set in Kanto region though I'm not sure. One of the best things to show your creativity is to make your own world. Make the names of the towns and the League, make the Gym Leaders, the amount of badges, whatever.

Characters:
This also deals with both title and Starting Land. Choose someone who is different, someone who just doesn't believe that the journey is just to be the best. Have someone with something to prove. In Through Blind Eyes, the character, Lisha, is trying to prove that she can make it through the Neaho League blind.
To make the story better, pick different personailties for each person, keeping it interesting. Ages should be different to show how the younger or older ones think and what their actions are.
Starting Pokemon need to match mostly the Trainer's personality or make it interesting and choose a wierd one. In The Adventures of Tyler and Magmar, Tyler managed to get a talking Magmar who, in all the readers opinion, is a lot smarter than his Trainer.

And people say I'm not helpful. *looks at the Fics she used as examples* I need to get out more often.

I mean I want help on coming up with that stuff, but I guess I'll wait until I get some suggestions on the characters.

stickachu
11th February 2003, 05:48 PM
I'd personally like to see a quiet, reserved character who gets bullied throughout the entire story. The readers are led to believe that this character is weak and afraid, but he is truly a great pokemon battler. It would make a nice contrast to the overly bold and confident trainers (that learn humility in the end) that are mainstays in many stories. Just a thought. :)

Everoy
11th February 2003, 05:56 PM
Thanks! I think I am going to write the fanfic now!