PDA

View Full Version : Radical change to Yu-Gi-Oh?

Last Exile
10th August 2004, 11:27 PM
Our local judge has been talking with Upperdeck lately, and they're claiming that type strengths and weaknesses are about to be introduced. Examples are:

Light weak to shadow
Dream strong against shadow
Water strong against fire
Rock strong against thunder

Lot more will exist, of course.

Reckon this would have much impact on the game?

Tash
10th August 2004, 11:38 PM
Yes... that would make a drastic change...

But WHY are they doing it? It wasn't in the Japanese rules...

The Muffin Man
10th August 2004, 11:48 PM
Someone in this equation is lying.

Upperdeck has no choice over most major game changes.

mr_pikachu
11th August 2004, 12:00 AM
If that's true, it would sort of be more like the early anime episodes. (In Duelist Kingdom, I mean.) Remember that duel between Joey and Rex Raptor? The Flame Swordsman trounced Rex's dinosaurs because Dinosaurs were supposedly weak against Fire. It would also make it more like some of the Game Boy games; Dark Duel Stories and The Sacred Cards, specifically.

I think this could hurt the game more than it could help it. Just another complex rule that gives some decks an instant advantage over others, sheerly because of what type the deck is run on. Hopefully people will come up with counters to short-circuit those who take advantage of types. (Like a Thunder duelist using Breath of Light, for instance.)

Dark-San
11th August 2004, 03:28 AM
I seriously doubt that this kind of rule will be introduced taking into account that such a thing hasn't been seen in the Japanese metagame yet. Anywayz if this kind of rule is truely introduced, then Yu Gi Oh TCG would be a lot like Pokemon. You know the weakness and stuffs.

SWAMPERT1
11th August 2004, 10:52 AM
First of all, Hi Darkyouth and welcome back.

And now for my two cents. This is stupid. Even MORE people will quit the game and it will die out. If upperdeck were to do this than decks would have to be kinda scrambled looking. You know you would have a Fire Mon. here, a light mon. there. It just would not be a pretty picture.

Roy Karrde
11th August 2004, 12:27 PM
Remember in the past Upperdeck has been kept mostly in the dark on game decisions as far as we know. Remember how they said that they wouldnt bring the God Cards out over here, and then Ra comes out in that X Box game. Then they said that they wouldnt have a ban list, and just a few weeks ago they announced that the ban list would go in effect on the first of October at all major events and tournaments that wished to run them? My point is KOJ makes these decisions, Upperdeck really has no choice but to agree or lose the liscense when it comes up to be resigned. Also like Darkyouth said, KOJ would have atleast playtested this list in Japan before releasing it world wide.

Yoh Asakura
11th August 2004, 12:30 PM
I think it's bullshit.

If it isn't then it sucks for Americans. Won't change in the Japanese game since Konami run it and not Upperdeck.

Reality
11th August 2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah man that is so not cool.

Crazy
12th August 2004, 05:51 AM
That sucks.WHY IS THAT HERE? This isn't an RPG so it shouldn't have this bs. :mad2:

Yoh Asakura
12th August 2004, 12:16 PM
It'd be pointless to bring strength and weakness into the game at this point as it would mean revising a lot of things.

EDIT: In other news, the Union monster from RDS known as Strong Supporter - Mecha Heavy Weapon, his Union effect is supposed to be worded different. Rather then saying "Destroyed by battle" it's supposed to say "Destroyed" which means APS + Strong Sup = 4800 attack, and then Strong Sup is destroyed and not APS, who remains on the field with 4800 for a turn.

Once all the rulings, the full translationg and anything else is released, I'll inform ya'll. I do hope that is the ruling though :D that would make Mech decks killer.

SWAMPERT1
12th August 2004, 02:26 PM
That sucks.WHY IS THAT HERE? This isn't an RPG so it shouldn't have this bs. :mad2:
WTF are you talking about?

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 08:57 AM
What the hell is dream-type? whoever said that is a complete bastard/bitch

The Muffin Man
16th August 2004, 10:15 AM
It's a lie made up by someone involved in this, as Dream and Shadow were in the recent game.

SWAMPERT1
16th August 2004, 10:35 AM
What the hell is dream-type? whoever said that is a complete bastard/bitch
Watch the language please. Remember there may be little kids looking on the boards.

Yoh Asakura
16th August 2004, 01:18 PM
Yes, such as me x]

Anywho, it's not true because the anime would have to change, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. It's probably a dumbass playing DDS or w/e the game is with weakness and strength.

And if it does happen, I'll just laugh at how sad the English gane is lol

Tyranitar#248
16th August 2004, 01:54 PM
You already do laugh at how sad the English game is -_-

And my feelings on this, it will never ever happen for a fact. Whoever said it is lying.

Rudoku
16th August 2004, 02:23 PM
Yes, such as me x]

Anywho, it's not true because the anime would have to change, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. It's probably a dumbass playing DDS or w/e the game is with weakness and strength.

And if it does happen, I'll just laugh at how sad the English gane is lol
The anime is almost over where it matters, so there won't be any changes to that. And is DDS the series of GBC/GBA games where a Kuriboh kills a Blue Eyes every time, no matter what? And for some reason, the Unhappy Maiden destroys everything I have on the field? Those games were shitty.

Roy Karrde
16th August 2004, 02:33 PM
The anime is almost over where it matters, so there won't be any changes to that.

I will betcha that if they do plan to do this, then we will see the change in the anime on October 6th with the premiere of Genex. What better way to start off a drastic change to the game then to do it with Genex, that way the people that watch the Anime and play the game can get a basic idea of what the new system is.

Yoh Asakura
16th August 2004, 02:45 PM
The anime is almost over where it matters, so there won't be any changes to that. And is DDS the series of GBC/GBA games where a Kuriboh kills a Blue Eyes every time, no matter what? And for some reason, the Unhappy Maiden destroys everything I have on the field? Those games were shitty.

English anime is no where near finishing. Upperdeck is English. This being an English topic.