PDA

View Full Version : Ummm... have any of you ever felt this way when you write a fanfic?

Wild Female Machoke
10th February 2003, 07:26 PM
Yesterday, when I cut and paste my story in the fanfic forum, I was shaking. My hands shook while they were on the mouse and keyboard. I had this innate fear that no one would like my story.

Have you ever felt this way?

Tyler and Hobbes
10th February 2003, 10:27 PM
You have no idea

Mewfour
10th February 2003, 11:46 PM
I really don't care wether people don't like my stuff. In fact, I don't care wether people just don't like me either. I just dump random spats of whatever goes on in my freakish skull here and let come what may.

stickachu
11th February 2003, 04:51 PM
Nope. my stories all rule!!!! Hee hee :P
Of course I feel afraid. I put a lot of work into my stories!!! Why are you people so harsh? I'm gonna go cry now.... :(

Lady Vulpix
11th February 2003, 04:51 PM
Yes, I felt it before posting my fic, and I felt it to a higher degree for many years about everything I wrote. I got so many harsh comments from my mum who didn't like fantasy and my dad who didn't even understand it, that I thought no one would ever like anything I wrote. I came to think that my stories were too childish for adults (for their abundance of fantasy and magic) and too complex for children. I just kept writing for myself because it was as necessary for me as breathing. Then, many years later, people started to read my stories and they liked them!! The feeling I had when that happened could never be described in words.

The Decapitated Mole
12th February 2003, 05:43 AM
Meh, i rote my fic right in teh little box thingy here, and I just put random stuff. I pretty much knew it would suck, but several ppl liked it, surprisingly.

Gavin Luper
13th February 2003, 08:55 AM
Well, when I first began posting Lisa the Legend I was a little nervous, but since then I've not really thought about posting my fics too much and just gone and done it. I decided that I'm writing it for my enjoyment and if nobody else likes it ... well, they don't have to read it!

Chris 2.1
17th February 2003, 10:46 AM
like Gavin said, i write for fun. However, i find that more developed fics of mine, where it had kicked off and into the action, i find i dont worry much, but the first/2nd chapters are a lot more nerve-racking IMO.