PDA

View Full Version : Will You Be Participating?

Darien Shields
12th August 2004, 10:01 PM
September will kick off our uber competition for the E-zine, but to help get a better idea of what we're going to be judging I thought a poll might help.

The contest will be to write the first chapter of a chain fic that will be hosted in the E-zine. The winner's chapter is used. Whoever came second writes the second chapter, whoever came third writes the third, etc. until we get to about fifth, then the first writes again and so on.

There will be no competitions after the first, at least, not for a very long time (like a year.) This competition will determine the writers for a very long time.

Anyway, it must be a trainer fic, and there is a specified twist that will be revealed next month with the E-zine.

So whaddaya think?

P.S. The poll is public.

mr_pikachu
12th August 2004, 11:26 PM
I will be, in more than one way. I'll definitely enter, and I'll be judging as well. But you already knew that, Darien. :yes:

Captain Pringle
13th August 2004, 01:48 AM
During the past 2003-2004 school year (my freshman year of college), all I wrote were a couple poems. No chapters of TEL or TAoFKaHFCaS, and no short stories.

Knowing how I'll probably end up prioritizing my free time once I'm back in the dorms (starting August 18th), I'm guessing that I won't ever get around to entering this contest. I voted probably not.

The Decapitated Mole
13th August 2004, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately I, like CP, will most likely not enter. However, my reasons are my own, and they're SpecialCool. But... yea, I voted definitely not.

o_0
jimm

Tainted
13th August 2004, 08:22 AM
No, definately not. I just, well, I can't see myself writing a story as it is, it's just not like me. Another thing is that I don't write well with other writers whenever I try to co-write, because my writing style is prone to clashing with other writers. All in all, I'd probably **** it up more than help it-- so I'm kindly dismissing myself from it, it'll give me more time to not write Zedrelthus, and to complain about how I can't write Zedrelthus.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Dragonfree
13th August 2004, 02:14 PM
I unfortunately have a problem with not finishing stuff like this on time, but I'll enter if I can.

Chris 2.1
13th August 2004, 03:06 PM
Hmm...yea, I might do. I presume this means there will be no September FF Writing Contest? 2 in a month will probably be a bit taxing.

Anyway I'll definitely give it a go, but school work may ensnare me into not participating.

PS100
13th August 2004, 05:10 PM
I'll probably enter. Depends on how I'm feeling the day signups are posted. In any case, it sounds cool, so there's no real reason why I shouldn't sign up.

You can count me in.

PS

mr_pikachu
13th August 2004, 05:33 PM
I'll probably enter. Depends on how I'm feeling the day signups are posted. In any case, it sounds cool, so there's no real reason why I shouldn't sign up.

You can count me in.

PS

Actually, you get a full month to write your chapter, so time shouldn't be too much of a problem. And as far as I understand it, you don't need to sign up. Just submit your chapter by the end of the month. Correct me if I'm wrong, Darien, but isn't that how it works?

Good to see that we've got one or two more participants. C'mon guys, we need your support! :yes:

Darien Shields
13th August 2004, 05:56 PM
I was hoping to run the contest and judge it in the same month, but I guess it'll take two months.

Hmm, I had hoped for a slightly better turn out than this (although I still hope more people will sign on), but if I can woo the 'probably nots' with our exotic twist then we might just have the makings of a capital competition.

The twist really is a corker. Well, I thought it was anyway.

mistysakura
14th August 2004, 05:21 AM
And the twist is sure cool. Unfortunately, I probably won't have the time to enter, as I'm going to Japan for 3 weeks next month, and aside from not having access to a computer (in English, anyway), I'll be pretty busy. I'll be back by the end of the month for judging though.