PDA

View Full Version : Poll: i am a working d00d

FireBlast
13th August 2004, 09:59 AM
Hello. This is my first poll in like 2+ years ! Here are the questions you are required to answer for this specific poll thread topic thing:

1. Do you work/did you recently work? What was the job?

2. Is it/was it a temporary job just for the summer vacation or is it/was it an actual real job?

3. Have you ever gotten any work related injuries?

MY ANSWERES ARE AS FOLLOWS::::

1. Yes. I worked twice on this vacation alone. About 2 months ago I directed a play for some sixth graders, which was exhausting. My second job is doing utility work for a plant creating parts for machines... Meaning I have to carry heavy metal, clean the floor, sometimes I get to operate some machines, wrap parts, etc...

2. Just for the vacation.

3. I got a hernia. I discovered a huge bump on my lower abdomen yesterday and I went to a doctor to check it out. I thought it was a tumor or something but the doctor calmed me down, saying it's just a hernia I got from lifting too much heavy shit at work. I'm gonna have to get an operation done pretty soon ;[;

what bout you m8s? :) :) :)

RedStarWarrior
13th August 2004, 10:03 AM
I work as an equipment manager for Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate, DoD.
2. Is it/was it a temporary job just for the summer vacation or is it/was it an actual real job?
Real job, but it allows me to go to school.
Nope.

cd
13th August 2004, 10:08 AM
i did work experience about a month ago it was actually pretty good i did not get any injuries or a hernia rolleyes

shazza
13th August 2004, 10:14 AM
-no.

phaedrus
13th August 2004, 10:28 AM
1. Do you work/did you recently work? What was the job? I played with my band at a pool, for free, like at an "End Of The Year" bash for some 6th graders in a different district.

2. Is it/was it a temporary job just for the summer vacation or is it/was it an actual real job? Temp.

3. Have you ever gotten any work related injuries? Nope.

en0miz
13th August 2004, 11:52 AM
I worked for this summer at a local hospital through NYC's Summer Youth Program. I mostly did clerical work but I also worked in the pharmacy... so I got to put medicine in bottles, yay.

Just for July and mid-August. Boring as hell but I got paid so whatever.

Well, I got a paper cut last week while filing. D: I'm suing.

mr_pikachu
13th August 2004, 01:14 PM
I work for my dad's company as a website designer.

I've been doing it for several years. It's nice though, because I can work whenever I want. I only get paid for the hours I work, but I get a lot of freedom.

Other than the possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome in the future, no. :lol:

Crystal Mew
13th August 2004, 07:16 PM
1. if you count babysitting as a "job" then :yes:

2. just a one night thing... lol, but I got payed a lot =O

3. um, nope, not that I can think of

master_alka
19th August 2004, 09:13 AM
<1: I worked for 2 summers at a summer camp

<2: summer job obviously ;)

<3: not really injuries but pain in the back 'cauz stupid kids kicked hard, pain in the shoulders by kids trying to climb there and a tennis ball right in the left eye :dead:

Kirei
19th August 2004, 03:42 PM
I've got a real job, with a London law firm. I graduated this year and am now training to become a law librarian / research person. It's very interesting and pays quite well, and I'm enjoying living in London. Thankfully I've never received a work related injury! :196:

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:40 AM
1. i used to make trophies for a very short while. also if you count work experience, i've been a primary school assistant teacher twice
2. one was temporary, the other was compulsory for school
3. no