PDA

View Full Version : Chrno Crusade

Sabakyuu
13th August 2004, 07:28 PM
Wow, I can't believe I didn't watch this sooner. It kinda freaked me out but in a cool way. I never expected a nun to take out a gun XD. Anyone else like this? There are so many new anime that came out this year/last year that I never bothered to watch...

Dark-San
13th August 2004, 08:00 PM
Chrno Crusade is one must- watched anime if you are an anime fan. Trust me, you will be brought into the world of clashes and conflicts between Heaven and Hell. Furthermore you will be surprise by the ending of the anime too as its a bit different from other typical animes~

Roarkiller
14th August 2004, 01:53 AM
Its okay i guess, ive seen better. IMO its a normal anime with slightly better quality and story, thats all. Not really smthng to scream about.

Last Exile
14th August 2004, 06:54 AM
I loved it. It's my equal favourite series. It shatters a lot of tradition and truly embodies the steam punk genre. The animation quality is spellbinding, Rosette and Chrno are a dynamite combo and the storyline pulled twists on me that I didn't see coming. The ending, while suprising, risky and teary, was the most appropriate. I really don't know why the manga fans got so mad about the anime version.

Roarkiller
15th August 2004, 12:03 AM
I really don't know why the manga fans got so mad about the anime version.

Purists.

Fanatics.

Otaku.

'Nuff said.

The Muffin Man
15th August 2004, 12:06 AM
I really don't know why some anime fans got so mad about the anime being dubbed if it was shitty in the first place.

Purists.

Fanatics.

Otaku.

'Nuff said.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dark Scizor
15th August 2004, 07:23 AM
I loved it too ^_____^ Otherwise i wouldn't have made the banner in my sig. hehe

The ending was a shock, but I think I fully (or quite close to fully) understand it now with Last Exile telling me some stuff and watching it more thouroughly :D

Last Exile
16th August 2004, 01:39 AM
Chrno Crusade was one of the few that followed the rules of fiction and fantasy but maintained its unqiueness along the way. It didn't cave in to the status quo or conservatism.

For those that like it, youu be pleased to know DVD 1 will be released in the US on September 21. ;)

Dark Scizor
16th August 2004, 11:12 PM
Yay, hopefully the dub won't be too bad :D I might get the entire series on the ADV DVD's just for the sake of seeing how the English VA's do :)

Damn shame i live in the UK and it won't come out here for a long long time =/

Last Exile
17th August 2004, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I noticed for some reason Australia gets most series before the UK does! Why is that?! I heard it's because anime's more popular in Australia than the UK.

For non Asian anime popularity, US is #1, Australia #2, UK #3. Interesting.

Dark Scizor
17th August 2004, 11:42 PM
That is because over here "anime is for teh kiddies" or "its super cool because we are moshers (no offence to any that read this) and Helsing/Blood the Last Vampire involve evil stuff and vampires!"

Either way about it, people like/dislike it for the wrong reasons. But it is increasing in popularity over here. Anime used to be like gold dust, now it is in evey major record store :D

Roarkiller
18th August 2004, 07:46 AM
That is because over here "anime is for teh kiddies" or "its super cool because we are moshers (no offence to any that read this) and Helsing/Blood the Last Vampire involve evil stuff and vampires!"

Hope these ppl havent read the blood manga. That would really freak the parents out. And the government. And schools. And whoever else who even bothers.

Either way, as long as we can get ur dose of anime, all's fine, aint it? Juz like the doctor ordered (yeah, Dr.Slump maybe).

Sabakyuu
18th August 2004, 05:56 PM
Saying anime is for kids is a typical stereo type(an annoying one too) because there is so much kiddie anime on television. I mean when pokemon was big nobody cared that it was a cartoon, even adults watched it and went to the movies. Now everyone's opinion has changed now that it has gone out of style, but I'm sure if the millions of ppl that liked pokemon would come to realize they like anime in general if they saw more grown up anime.

Dark Scizor
18th August 2004, 11:35 PM
But people fail to see past their own noses and will always shun anime because its some "cartoon," anyways, we're getting a bit off topic :D

What do you think of the English VA's proposed for the dub version?