PDA

View Full Version : "Battle Island"

mr_pikachu
14th August 2004, 02:27 AM
It seems that the upcoming Emerald has a special place called "Battle Island". Upon closer examination of the pictures (provided via a link on the regular Pokemasters.net (http://www.pokemasters.net) site), it looks like there are several types of battle arenas, including a special one where it seems as if you have to choose a Pokemon (or multiple Pokemon) from the ones shown to you. It is unclear as to whether or not the Pokemon are yours or are a pre-designated team, but it should certainly provide some twists to the battles. Also, one of the arenas appears to be called the "Battle Frontier", due to the writing on a wall that is, oddly enough, in plain English. In addition, there appears to be a tournament mode, which should be interesting.

It looks like the new island resembles an amusement park in some way. Perhaps this is an area that you can only visit after winning the League, or something along those lines. Whatever the case, it's clear that Emerald will have many surprises in store for us.

Did anyone notice anything else about Battle Island?

andyizcool
14th August 2004, 02:47 AM
I noticed a big tower at the back of the Island that looks a lot like the Battle Tower. So this could just be a big improvement to where the Battle Tower originally was I guess.

Thy
14th August 2004, 12:13 PM
I babeldish'd the page. Here's what I found out:

The island is called the Battle Frontier.
The circular dome building is a tounament. But, you can se the line up and see the opponents Pokemon before you battle to create a good team.
The Seviper Battle Tube seems like a Pick a Door game. One door can lead to a wild Pokemon.
The dojo judges your Pokemons skill.
The orange building is a factory. It is where battle trades are held. It looks like if you win, you get one oth opponents' Pokemon.

That's all the information I could get on the Battle Frontier.

Edit: Andyizcool, here's a pic. It does show Venusaur, so Kanto Pokemon are a possibility.
http://a1918.g.akamai.net/f/1918/9055/1h/www.pokemon.co.jp/game/gba/images/eme07_21.gif

andyizcool
14th August 2004, 12:19 PM
IThe orange building is a factory. It is where battle trades are held. It looks like if you win, you get one oth opponents Pokemon.
Could that be a way of getting some Kanto Pokemon? Like a Porygon I saw on a Screenshot somewhere. That sounds like a cool idea because you'll be able to get Pokemon who you couldn't get originally in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

theniceguydk
15th August 2004, 03:17 AM
No.
In Battle Factory you get 3 random rental Pokémon.
When you win a battle you can trade one of your rental Pokémon, to one of the trainer you just beat's pokemon.
It's rental Pokémon, so you won't keep them.

Btw.. When Emerald is out, FR/LG is already out, so there would be no point in it anyway.

andyizcool
15th August 2004, 06:37 AM
Btw.. When Emerald is out, FR/LG is already out, so there would be no point in it anyway.
That's why I'm not going to buy an extra Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire game. I have my Pokemon Sapphire to keep all my 201+ Pokemon in their Boxes and my Team. I use Pokemon Ruby to get some extra one time TMs off when I need them. I'll be buying only Pokemon Leaf Green to get some Kanto Pokemon off so I can nearly finish my National Pokedex. Pokemon Emerald might look good and have a lot of new features but I think when people complete it then it'll turn into a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire going on game doing extras.

Puaru
15th August 2004, 10:48 AM
I think Emerald looks like some serious goodness. New twists in the game are always fun IMO. Besides this island alone looks to give afew hours of amusement at the least, so it's all gravy.

Linc
16th August 2004, 05:34 PM
I think emerald is just useless, no matter how many twists there are, its just basically Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Yes, there are some new Groudon+Kyogre things but its nothing special.

Puaru
17th August 2004, 04:52 PM
True it has the same Pokemon, but it is nice that they are atleast changing graphics and the story line.